What if? (fighter slots)

jjsquirrel

What happens if I end up with more fighters than slots, say after the Island season ends and my Island guy is allowed back to civilization?

Will there be some grace period to decide who I should drop or is it decided for me?

If a fighter under contract is sacked, is he just deadweight in the org then? Since no manager can accept fights for him.

What if a fighter with a scheduled fight is sacked, does the fight still happen?

And does any slider settings made first remain in place?

How do you turn a fighter into a personal assistant?

I don't think anybody gets released, just all of your slots are taken up (including the extra Island slot)

The owner of the org can just release the fighter or try to wait for somebody else to pick the fighter up.

The fights does still happen, but you can't sack a fighter while he has a fight scheduled. (Maybe Island fighters?) And slider settings do remain in place, I'm pretty sure.

You have to retire them first. You can retire your fighter here: http://www.mmatycoon.com/retirefighter.php . After you retire them, you should see them under "retired fighters" and there is a box where you can select them to be your personal assistant

When the Island season ends, if all of your regular fighter slots are taken up, you'll be brought to a menu where you have to choose a fighter to sack in order to bring your roster to the number of fighter slots you have available. The Island Slot only works for a fighter located on The Island. When he moves off, he takes up a regular slot then.

If you sack a fighter under contract, then yeah nothing happens with that fighter for a week. Another manager can opt to pick the fighter up though through the FA List, and if he does, he takes over the contract of the fighter. Most org owners are cool about releasing such fighters if the new manager doesn't wanna compete in the org though if they get the signing bonus or such back.

A fighter with a fight scheduled can only be sacked due to VIP running out, or on The Island there have been cases of fighters being able to be sacked with a fight scheduled. They'll use whatever sliders were last set for them, and the fight will still show up under the name of the manager the offer was made to. But if a new manager picks them up, they'll have the rank gain or loss from the fight, even though the fight will show up under the prior managers name.

To turn a fighter into a PA, you need to retire them to your roster here - http://mmatycoon.com/retirefighter.php

Use the Retire + Keep option, which costs 10 VIP days. When you do that, scroll to the bottom of the same page to get a list of fighters you have retired on your roster. You'll have a drop down list on the right where you can turn them into a PA. When you do that, if you click on their profile from the My Fighters list, you'll have a number of PA options available to them.

• Upvote 2

Thanks, yes I guess if you could retire a fighter after setting up a fight people would be exploiting it constantly.

Slider settings remain.. so if I pick up some FA from a top manager I can learn their slider secrets that way :)

Most top managers reset sliders before sacking a fighter really, but you do get the odd case of them forgetting to do it :D Just important to know not just what the sliders are, but why they set them that way. Whether it was due to the matchup, if that's their preferred slider setting, or if it's a meta thing.