Setting fighter tactics

MMATycoon

question for u guys.

i have a fast, lighter great wrestler/boxer going against a well rounded and much larger ko artist. complete stud. i won't survive 2 minutes i don't think.

what sliders should i use to take away his ko opportunities?

I'm thinking super counter with very light punches and hope for takedowns.

question for u guys.

i have a fast, lighter great wrestler/boxer going against a well rounded and much larger ko artist. complete stud. i won't survive 2 minutes i don't think.

what sliders should i use to take away his ko opportunities?

I'm thinking super counter with very light punches and hope for takedowns.

I would suggest looking at his past fights and seeing if there are any specific tendencies that come up. For example, does he always go aggressive with this particular fighter? Stuff like that. Then when you have a good idea of what he will be throwing at you, then set your tactics accordingly. Skills play a huge part in determining who wins, but if you are accurate in knowing what your opponent will do to your fighter then you can overcome some skill gaps.

I would suggest looking at his past fights and seeing if there are any specific tendencies that come up. For example, does he always go aggressive with this particular fighter? Stuff like that. Then when you have a good idea of what he will be throwing at you, then set your tactics accordingly. Skills play a huge part in determining who wins, but if you are accurate in knowing what your opponent will do to your fighter then you can overcome some skill gaps.

aggressive, damage. ko first round all day.

aggressive, damage. ko first round all day.

If your fighter's strike defense is high enough, go counter, accurate, and throw in some takedowns.

If your fighter lacks strike defense I think the only thing you can try is aggressive takedowns trying to get him on the ground quickly.

If your fighter's strike defense is high enough, go counter, accurate, and throw in some takedowns.

If your fighter lacks strike defense I think the only thing you can try is aggressive takedowns trying to get him on the ground quickly.

ok man. I'm going to try that.

Fighter tactics is the most important thing for you to read up on when you start the game.

Take a look at the fight tactics help page and get a grasp of the way tactics work and in particular, the hierarchy of tactics and how that affects your fighter when he steps into the cage/ring.

CLICK HERE FOR FIGHT TACTICS GUIDE

Sweet thank you for this!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just curious does the standup counter slider set dictate which type of counters you perform? Or is it which moves of your opponents your fighter will be looking to counter?

Counters you perform.

• 4 weeks later...

My fighter is going to fight a blue belt with all of his 3 wins by sub. My fighters had a disadvantage in striking (useless to abysmal) but a huge advantage in wrestling (wonderful to mediocre).

In fact, my fighter also has a blue belt and has feeble sub but with wonderful tdd and strong DG. Should I stick this fight to the ground and just control him on top? Becuz he almost lost to a white belt wrestler and owned by a purple belt. I want to know how should I adjust the slider.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Having trouble figuring this out fellas.

• Swing Fences seconds: (Swing seconds is a number entry limited between 5 and 180). It is basically the value of X in the sentence above... With how many seconds left does your fighter abandon his gameplan (if he is losing), and just look for the finish.

1) So if i set swing for the fences on 180 seconds. That means if I'm losing the fight in the BEGINNING of the fight then I will start to swing for the fences correct? If i wanted to swing for the fences within the last 10 secs only if I'm LOSING I would set it to 10 seconds correct?

• FFD Seconds: Applies to the above new addition. This is the same as swing seconds but for the Fight for decision vs Stick to gameplan slider. Set this to 100 seconds and with 100 seconds left to go in the fight, your fighter will fight more cautiously

2) So if i set FFD for 5 seconds then that means when theres 5 seconds left I will FFD correct?

Just trying to understand it that's all. I had my swing for the fences on 180 and FFD on 5 seconds and managed to win my first fight.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=685618

Having trouble figuring this out fellas.

• Swing Fences seconds: (Swing seconds is a number entry limited between 5 and 180). It is basically the value of X in the sentence above... With how many seconds left does your fighter abandon his gameplan (if he is losing), and just look for the finish.

1) So if i set swing for the fences on 180 seconds. That means if I'm losing the fight in the BEGINNING of the fight then I will start to swing for the fences correct? If i wanted to swing for the fences within the last 10 secs only if I'm LOSING I would set it to 10 seconds correct?

• FFD Seconds: Applies to the above new addition. This is the same as swing seconds but for the Fight for decision vs Stick to gameplan slider. Set this to 100 seconds and with 100 seconds left to go in the fight, your fighter will fight more cautiously

2) So if i set FFD for 5 seconds then that means when theres 5 seconds left I will FFD correct?

Just trying to understand it that's all. I had my swing for the fences on 180 and FFD on 5 seconds and managed to win my first fight.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=685618

Swing for fence and fight for decision: only kicks in the last round for the amount of seconds you set it for

Example: say a 3 round fight and your set to 180 seconds of swing for the fence

Your fighter losses the first 2 rounds, at 180 seconds into the last (3rd) round your fighter will step it up (how much depends on your % of swing for the fence). It will show it in the text as "fighter A has stepped it up and knows he needs a finish"

However if the rounds are close and your fighter don't think he's behind on the score card, he won't

So i was wondering if there are some people out there who use the see how it goes slider7follow my orders slider.

Wanted to try and use more % on see how it goes, on my more Intellegent Fighters.

Anyone has any experience/inside with this that he can share? I was thinking maybe he performes better, if he can change tactic by himself, after he realises what his opponent is actually doing.

So i was wondering if there are some people out there who use the see how it goes slider7follow my orders slider.

Wanted to try and use more % on see how it goes, on my more Intellegent Fighters.

Anyone has any experience/inside with this that he can share? I was thinking maybe he performes better, if he can change tactic by himself, after he realises what his opponent is actually doing.

I also said this on the post where he set 100% see how it goes. Could this be an alternate for testing intelligence/confidence test?

• 3 weeks later...