Synchronicity's New Era

GBK16

You are basically talking about how the ranking system works, i am talking about collaboration among top orgs. Usually the top 3-4 orgs have talent pretty much similar in quality and age. The problem is the communication and who hassle of arranging a super fight.

I do agree with what you are saying though, very low skilled fighters should get hit when judging their rankings also inactive fighters should get hit more as well. If a fighter did not fight within 5-6 weeks, his hype and popularity should start to wane, i think it happens now as well, but to a much lesser extent. I think you start losing hype straight away, i think the hype should only start depreciating after 2-3 weeks and never if the fighter is still injured, but once they start to lose hype/pop, the drop should be faster.

• Upvote 2

It could very easily be done. It just requires competent people.

If the community were to merge around the concept that all the top guys fight in ___, and once you reach X amount of skill points you should fight in ____, and that was the precedent set, people would follow and tradition would form where the goal would be to fight in ___.

When you get into the game, if there's a clear cut "UFC" version of MMATycoon, most active users will have the goal to get a champ there. similar to how it was when I got into the game and seen Syn at the top and guys like Nansen, Satomi, Jin Sen, Puno, Ekaku, etc. There was a community consensus that you wanted to have a champ at Syn or CFC.

also diminishing returns shouldn't be an issue. the amount of money the top org owners should have stashed and collectively have access to should more than cover any organizational cost and overhead. and if you guys converge you could probably monopolize contracts for top fighters.

you guys do it properly and the game might evolve around this concept too. similar to how KT is making it's slow rise despite an economic activity crisis.

@Mentor if you didn't run trademarked org, you'd be the main dude I was barking at just based off consistency.

• Upvote 1

Another option is to have a neutral org which has Universal titles, the way it works would be this org will run one major event every month, title contenders will come from all over the world, the profits will be given to the org owners who provide the fighters. If the fighter loses, they go back to their org. Essentially you will have 7 title fights on each card and 3 undercard fights (made up from volunteers), the undercard fights are somewhat irrelevant here as the lower fights do not participate to the ratings much anyway.

This idea is better than the one you mentioned because you do not need a lot of fighters to pull this off, you are essentially loaning other orgs fighters. The biggest issue here is you need a hard working dude to run it who is not bias and the other issue is that this dude does not have much to gain from this because most the money goes to the org owners who provide talent and the actual fighters themselves. Without the option to "loan" out, it will be even more of a pain in the ass to pull off without much hassle. Besides all this, you could have the huge issue regarding some managers will likely be unwilling to give away their champs, even at high compensation fees because if you lose your champs, you could struggle to run PPV events, so there is multiple obstacles here. Such an org though would essentially put to rest who the best fighter really is because essentially the top fighter will always be fighting one of the top 10 contenders around the globe, usually the highest ranking contender.

• Upvote 1

Another option is to have a neutral org which has Universal titles, the way it works would be this org will run one major event every month, title contenders will come from all over the world, the profits will be given to the org owners who provide the fighters. If the fighter loses, they go back to their org. Essentially you will have 7 title fights on each card and 3 undercard fights (made up from volunteers), the undercard fights are somewhat irrelevant here as the lower fights do not participate to the ratings much anyway.

This idea is better than the one you mentioned because you do not need a lot of fighters to pull this off, you are essentially loaning other orgs fighters. The biggest issue here is you need a hard working dude to run it who is not bias and the other issue is that this dude does not have much to gain from this because most the money goes to the org owners who provide talent and the actual fighters themselves. Without the option to "loan" out, it will be even more of a pain in the ass to pull off without much hassle. Besides all this, you could have the huge issue regarding some managers will likely be unwilling to give away their champs, even at high compensation fees because if you lose your champs, you could struggle to run PPV events, so there is multiple obstacles here. Such an org though would essentially put to rest who the best fighter really is because essentially the top fighter will always be fighting one of the top 10 contenders around the globe, usually the highest ranking contender.

No it's not.

might as well an in-game TWGC style tournament called Olympics.

IF the community were to converge, orgs and owners were to merge, and collaborate rather than work against each other... it would be a very easy transition.

It really is as simple as it sounds.

How how would you get past the depreciating returns? Plus the fact that there is a lot of people out there that actually like running an org, if you have 4-5 people running it, basically you are barely completing one or two of the tasks. Anyway, the chances of that happening successfully is close to none i would say.

How how would you get past the depreciating returns? Plus the fact that there is a lot of people out there that actually like running an org, if you have 4-5 people running it, basically you are barely completing one or two of the tasks. Anyway, the chances of that happening successfully is close to none i would say.

I wouldn't argue with that last part, but it would be very easy to accomplish.

• Depreciating returns: There's 100+ mil floating around. A lot of vets got 20+ and nothing to do with it. If people were to team up and work together you would very easily have 50+ mil to play with. This should easily cover any negative returns. The amount of hype you could have on some cards should help generate at least some profit.
  • People like running orgs: Yes and plenty of people have to stop because it's just too much damn work. If you get a group of people it lightens the load. Designate divisions. Designate cards. Whatever you gotta do. Believe it or not, it can be very easy for humans to communicate, work together, and get along. You just need competent people.

could probably go on, but not really worth while. It'd be a great thing for the game if there was a clear-cut UFC top dog and it was ran like it. Previews, rankings, write ups, posters, etc.

others getting into the game would mimic it.

• 2 weeks later...

An interesting concept, regarding the whole UFC size merger org thing. I think if there were enough orgs in the game, it might be realistic, but the market is already reasonably sparse. Either way, we at Aspire wouldnt really be looking to merge in to it even if it did happen. Certainly an interesting idea though

Which alliance absorbed Aspire Alliance? Weird I see it on some signatures but never see anyone in it. I saw Decimation was for sale, was it sold ?

We weren't absorbed. http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=59500 explains why we closed the in game alliance. Just branching out a bit and meeting new people :)

That is easy to say, try running a top org and you will see what will eventually happen when you get a top / dominant champ. Super fights become necessary for everyone eventually, especially if you want to push for the #1 spot. Personally i prefer what you are saying, fight the top contender and end of story, but it does not work that way.

I actually agree with you for once, but its even worse for orgs that are middle of the pack trying to get to the top 5 or so.