Tycoon World Olympics - Need Community Verdict

EzekelRAGE

Tycoon World Olympics  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Should Tycoon World Olympics be no energy loss/injury free?

• Yes, since there are things in place to prevent an org from abusing no injuries.
    • No, tycoon world olympics shouldn?t be different than any other tourney.

http://imageshack.us/a/img5/6650/kqj2.png

Pros

1. All Orgs participating in TWO get a shot at hosting under same rules. Evolution would be first since the tourney is their idea.

2. The host of next year’s TWO is decided by the result of this year’s TWO. NO org can host Tycoon World Olympics more than once in 3 years. If Evo is in first place this year and Ascension is 2nd, then Ascension will hold 2014 TWO. Evo won’t be able to host it again until 2016. If Ascension wins this year, Evo would still have to wait til 2016 to host again.

3. No energy loss/injury means the best can fight the best, along with not locking fighters up for a long amount of time.

Cons

1. This would be unfair to non TWO tournies being ran like EPL, ITFL, or other various others. They have to account for injury and energy.

2. Weekly tourneys have been ran without this “no energy loss/no injury” feature for a long time (EPL for example)

***UPDATE***

As discussions have been going on, a slight change will be made. Now instead of one org hosting the event, the orgs hosting

TWO will alternate after each round. This insures that when an org sends their TWO team, they get some from of

compensation back.

Great idea. Hope it works out.

If its regular hype/pop gain then I cant see it being no injuries. Fighters picking up that much hype/pop with a bunch of wins over a short time would cause them to have astronomical hype compared to the rest of the game.

If its no energy/injury then I think it needs to happen in a vacuum without hype/pop effects. Winning the medals/bragging rights would have to be reward enough.

• Upvote 2

Great idea. Hope it works out.

If its regular hype/pop gain then I cant see it being no injuries. Fighters picking up that much hype/pop with a bunch of wins over a short time would cause them to have astronomical hype compared to the rest of the game.

If its no energy/injury then I think it needs to happen in a vacuum without hype/pop effects. Winning the medals/bragging rights would have to be reward enough.

i agree medals and bragging rights is good enough but its not worth it for org owners to let their top fighter go and win gold and have just 500 hype.

you win gold everyone should know that guy like 600+ hype homie

I guess I need the minus's to allowing this to vote on it: anyone want to point out what would be wrong with it?

Help a DUPHUS out, lol

im curious also why the minus

I guess I need the minus's to allowing this to vote on it: anyone want to point out what would be wrong with it?

I think it would be a great idea, but any fighter entered into it would have huge hype already. I imagine any one who wins 3-4 fights in such a short period of time would rocket up the rankings. In reality this is just going to give a huge hype gain to the top couple orgs and further separate them from the lower hyped orgs. I really dont think this is something mike should be bending the rules for when it will only help a few top orgs. Truthfully, I wouldnt be surprised if nearly all the winners come from 3 orgs (EVO, UPGV, Asc) with a couple guys sneaking into the top 3 from other orgs.

IMO, the bragging rights and medals are all that is really necessary for a reward here. I also think if some of the org owners with weaker rosters dont have to worry about losing hype they will be a little more open to accepting the challenge.

• Upvote 1

I voted no, i don't see why they should be different to any other fights and you can't really find the "best" fighter if some hiddens have been excluded.

its not really excluding the hiddens its just speeding up whats inevitable. No fighter would fight with injuries so we dont want to tie up fighters from their orgs. this idea was to help bring another element to the game where its something to look forward esp up incoming orgs. i also want to give other orgs an opportunity to fight the top p4p fighters without having to arrange a SF that wouldnt take place.

i think it bring a different level of fun

I think it would be a great idea, but any fighter entered into it would have huge hype already. I imagine any one who wins 3-4 fights in such a short period of time would rocket up the rankings. In reality this is just going to give a huge hype gain to the top couple orgs and further separate them from the lower hyped orgs. I really dont think this is something mike should be bending the rules for when it will only help a few top orgs. Truthfully, I wouldnt be surprised if nearly all the winners come from 3 orgs (EVO, UPGV, Asc) with a couple guys sneaking into the top 3 from other orgs.

IMO, the bragging rights and medals are all that is really necessary for a reward here. I also think if some of the org owners with weaker rosters dont have to worry about losing hype they will be a little more open to accepting the challenge.

I agree with this!

Also if you look at it from a smaller orgs viewpoint, they will be sending their best fighters away to lose hype and make money for another org, while they lose money and ranking themselves, because their champions wont be able to compete on their own cards, when competing in the olympics. at least with regular SF there is usually a trade where both orgs gets to host an SF.

• Upvote 1

I agree with this!

Also if you look at it from a smaller orgs viewpoint, they will be sending their best fighters away to lose hype and make money for another org, while they lose money and ranking themselves, because their champions wont be able to compete on their own cards, when competing in the olympics. at least with regular SF there is usually a trade where both orgs gets to host an SF.

well they can send whomever they want as EVO can also. id prefer to send my top talent to fight for gold knowing i tried my best.

heres my example. if i have a ncaa basketball team and i have what id call my starting five. but for some reason i get into the playoffs i decide to play backups. and i lose in the playoffs, id second guess my decision.

long story short, why not try to go to the playoffs and try to win?

tbh i have most to lose as well as these managers esp the top p4p'ers. what if a 100p4p'er beats a #1 guy? it could happen, couldnt it?

Is nt that similar to the actual Olympics ?

USA Jamica GB on the track

The you have the Canadians USA Austrailia in the pool.

Is nt that similar to the actual Olympics ?

USA Jamica GB on the track

The you have the Canadians USA Austrailia in the pool.

It is, but there is not much upside for many of the smaller orgs with weaker rosters. They are going to sacrifice much of their top ranked talent and likely have those fighters come back with the hype/pop hit of more losses than wins in a short amount of time. Of course there is always a chance of an upset, but odds are that the smaller orgs will just pass their limited hype up the org pyramid.

No hype/pop loss (or limited, like 1/4) will really open up the competition and encourage smaller orgs to take the risk.

It is, but there is not much upside for many of the smaller orgs with weaker rosters. They are going to sacrifice much of their top ranked talent and likely have those fighters come back with the hype/pop hit of more losses than wins in a short amount of time. Of course there is always a chance of an upset, but odds are that the smaller orgs will just pass their limited hype up the org pyramid.

No hype/pop loss (or limited, like 1/4) will really open up the competition and encourage smaller orgs to take the risk.

it might be a non issue as the fights will be held in multi orgs.

so they give one fighter and get 7

it might be a non issue as the fights will be held in multi orgs.

so they give one fighter and get 7

Wouldnt they be giving 7 and receiving 7?

I do think that is a far better idea than the original just because you are giving more incentive to smaller orgs to participate.

I still think the best way is no hype/pop change with no injuries/energy loss so the orgs can get their fighters back with the same hype/pop they left with and it can be simmed over a short period of time.

Wouldnt they be giving 7 and receiving 7?

I do think that is a far better idea than the original just because you are giving more incentive to smaller orgs to participate.

I still think the best way is no hype/pop change with no injuries/energy loss so the orgs can get their fighters back with the same hype/pop they left with and it can be simmed over a short period of time.

just love me will ya??? lol we shall see and your right about the 7 on 7

this post is no longer required... we will be using dinoos idea and have all orgs hosting so each org will give 7 fighters and reiceive 7

please lock post and thanks to all