How many Tycoon managers support Barack Obama (U.S. President)

Obama Support  

64 members have voted

1. 1. How many support Obama?

I think one thing can be agree'd upon and that is that any religious debate, in political terms, should be completely abolished.

If you disagree with that you are completely incompetent.

• Downvote 1

So if 51% of the population are religious, and want less separation between Church and State, what happens now?

Constitutional amendment requires 67% of both the House and Senate. Then it takes 75% of the state legislatures or 67% of the states must pass it via ratifying conventions within 7 years. Not likely to pass all those hurtles.

along with being here illegally

Imaginary lines mean nothing. America was founded on entering the country illegally. If you lived in mexico where they behead people for fun, rape kids for fun, kidnap your daughter, wife, or girlfriend, rape her, then behead her, and record it, you would want to move to America too.

• Upvote 1

Imaginary lines mean nothing. America was founded on entering the country illegally. If you lived in mexico where they behead people for fun, rape kids for fun, kidnap your daughter, wife, or girlfriend, rape her, then behead her, and record it, you would want to move to America too.

true -- but at same time hell i would be better off leaving america and coming back -- if your illegal or coming to America from another country they give you money to live off of, super cheap rent in brand new nice houses, food stamps and health care -- plus interest free or super cheap interest loans or just free money period to start a business -- now if your already American and here in same condition you get nothing or barely any help at all --- help America first

While not agreeing to parts of America's policies, I still believe that the United States is the best possible world leader we could have. Who are our other options, Russia with their punishment of free speech?, Communist China?.

In terms of Obama, I think he is a great figurehead. Well spoken, looks approachable, appeases the masses with his laid back attitude, but I don't think that he is anything more than a good speaker. Unfortunately, there haven't been many positive changes since his election.

Eveas, most of my hypotheticals are aimed at Rainbow's keen intellect ;)

I find it interesting that PBR assumes most hispanics are in the country illegally. I was under the impression the US-Mexico war was sparked by the Texan Republic claiming land which wasn't theirs, supported by Polk who outright promoted invasion of California as Mexico wasn't willing to sell it, thus provoking a war which saw the US claim large tracts of Mexican territory. And as CK said, the entire nation of the United States is a recent country built on the destruction and submission of the indigenous populations.

If might is right, then your 'illegals' by managing to outmaneuver your defenses have obviously earned their right to be there.

• Upvote 2

Obama has been a distinct failure. All this hope and change has failed miserably. Promise to cut the budget deficit in half by end of 1st term, failed. Promise to close Gitmo, failed. Promise to allow open gays in the military, only handled when politically expedient. Promise to make the world love our country, failed. Promise to get us out of Iraq, failed... withdrew most troops when politically convenient. After slamming Bush over and over and over for Iraq/Afghanistan tried to get our happy asses involved in Syria, only the sheer outcry of nearly the entire nation stopped him. Improve race relations, utter failure. You can't be a cracker and be against Obama because then you are racist. He blasts Bush and his failed policies and then just continues them. Patriot Act has been expanded, domestic spying has significantly expanded.. hell this is a modern-era McCarthy tactic at it's finest and oversight keeps lowering as time passes. Went from trashing Bush for using Executive Orders to now taunting Congress with that very same thing. He signed into law the ability to take an American citizen, sweep them up in the dead of night then never ever charge or allow them to know why they are in custody. How about "If you like your health plan you keep it!" How did that work for ya?

No, I am not Republican, I am more Libertarian. Social I don't give a shit mixed with fiscal conservatism. Gays wanna marry.. go for it, ya want an abortion.. SC declared that legal so give it up. Death penalty... has got to go. Term limits.. we limit the President why not Congress. Career politicians really didn't pop up until the past 50 years and are all problem children. We need to lower spending 10% across the board, SS needs an overhaul, Medicaid and Medicare are abject failures leading to trillions in liability. We need to run budget surpluses of 1/2 a trillion to start paying down our deficit and surge forward. Of course... the slimy shits in Washington on BOTH SIDES will just spend spend spend. They both are the parties of tax and spend, just what gets spent where differs.

• Downvote 1

Gays wanna marry.. go for it, ya want an abortion.. SC declared that legal so give it up. Death penalty... has got to go.

So you support abortion, but not the death penalty?

• Upvote 1

Me too :)

I am not against the death penalty because I believe in the sanctity of life, I am against it because our legal systems are flawed and wealth and ethnicity load the dice in advance.

I like the Chinese style, death penalty for white collar crimes.

Shoot a dude in a mugging gone wrong because you're poverty stricken, death sentence? Sure, why not. It is a direct result of a planned, criminal action.

Rob a few hundred pensioners of their life savings in a scam, death sentence? Fuck yes and fuck you for ruining the life of hundreds of people.

• Upvote 4

So you support abortion, but not the death penalty?

Absofuckinglutely!

Texas prosecutor used all kinds of misconduct to get a conviction and damned near killed a guy:

http://www.texasmonthly.com/story/why-was-prosecutor-never-punished

Cameron Todd Willingham, MURDERED by the state of Texas, innocent of the crime:

http://www.innocenceproject.org/Content/Cameron_Todd_Willingham_Wrongfully_Convicted_and_Executed_in_Texas.php

That's just 2, Texas has had TWELVE death row sentences exonerated, other states with the death penalty have had exonorations also.. if abortion is bad because it kills then so is the death penalty, because in the effort to use the legal system as a weapon getting the actual person takes a back seat. Goto innocenceproject.org and review the cases.. not just death rows but there are plenty of other "lesser" crimes that can be attributed to bad police work, crooked crime labs, prosecutor misconduct, informant deals, etc Until we decide to do something about police and prosecutor misbehavior then no death penalty. It does nothing to deter and empowers the get somebody attitude of the system.

Ron Paul. Even though he'd most likely get assassinated if he were in office.

Supporting a President is no different than picking a favorite TV channel or some other stupid analogy. They're just a public speaker. A figurehead. Somebody to point the finger at when shit goes wrong.

America's fucked. Point blank. Over-populated. Over-polluted. We're fucked and we do shit ass backwards.

I could not agree more with you on this subject. lol

Absofuckinglutely!

Texas prosecutor used all kinds of misconduct to get a conviction and damned near killed a guy:

http://www.texasmonthly.com/story/why-was-prosecutor-never-punished

Cameron Todd Willingham, MURDERED by the state of Texas, innocent of the crime:

http://www.innocenceproject.org/Content/Cameron_Todd_Willingham_Wrongfully_Convicted_and_Executed_in_Texas.php

That's just 2, Texas has had TWELVE death row sentences exonerated, other states with the death penalty have had exonorations also.. if abortion is bad because it kills then so is the death penalty, because in the effort to use the legal system as a weapon getting the actual person takes a back seat. Goto innocenceproject.org and review the cases.. not just death rows but there are plenty of other "lesser" crimes that can be attributed to bad police work, crooked crime labs, prosecutor misconduct, informant deals, etc Until we decide to do something about police and prosecutor misbehavior then no death penalty. It does nothing to deter and empowers the get somebody attitude of the system.

The death penalty is not used as a form of birth control for dumb cbombs who say "It's okay, put it in without the rubber" after too many shots of Jaeger,

• Downvote 2

If life is so precious then there is no way in hell you can be against abortion yet want the death penalty, especially after innocent people have been killed with the death penalty and countless others lives ruined. And to say every abortion is because of dumb cbombs is grossly over simplifying things. But I guess somehow Christians have to ensure their hypocritical beliefs can be handled in their mind without causing deep thought. Somehow Christians history of molesting boys and killing anyone who doesn't convert is acceptable, yet abortion is bad?

• Upvote 1