Tycoons Ultimate Fighter! (TUF)

UniConor

Dog The Multi Hunter will now be entering the tournament with a 9-0-0 professional record and as the new StrikeForce Union Featherweight champion. The SFU management have given Dog their blessing to compete in the tournament while they muster up a challenger in the meantime for him when he returns.

• Upvote 2

Introducing

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14691417971301.png
"My name is Isaac Curtis, I'm 27 and I own a farm in the most beautiful area of the world - Yorkshire"
4270890149_abc77e68ef.jpg
"I got into MMA when I was 25, only two years ago, and the story behind why 'int what you might expect. On a cold October morning I were harvesting one of my corn fields, plodding along in my favourite machine, Matilda, when she died on me. I couldn't get her working again and I didn't have the funds to repair or replace her as she was a high-end premium model, envy of all the rusty machines around the land - so I had to search for ways to earn a quick quid or ten thousand. This is when I saw the signs for "Red Star Fighting", an MMA company in St. Petersberg that were hirin' men of any ability and I decided to give it a whirl. My background in boxin' as a youngster coupled with the rough man's work that comes with farmin' had already made me into a strong brawler, and I had to pick up defensive wrestling and other foreign concepts when transitioning."
"After becoming Red Star Fighting's first and only Lightweight Champion and then successfully defending my title, I finally had enough funds to repair my prized corn-harvesting machine. Sadly, the old girl was done for and I had to replace her with a younger, slimmer model. This got me thinking - What other expensive things could I fix up my farm with? And now, I fight for the sole purpose of providing my crops and animals with the greatest equipment and care possible."
"Tycoons Ultimate Fighter is another way I can get some cash, and I'm happy to be a part of it. Lookin' to get a new coup for the chickens, a reight big one with all the amenities...you know what I mean? or maybe one of them new diamond shovels I've been hearin' about."
  • Upvote 5

Entering the 205lbs TUF tournament as a red hot favourite….

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14222907277435.jpg

“The Wolf” Michael Brophy

5-0-0

Michael: My name is Michael Brophy, I’m 20 years old and I come from Kent in England.

I currently have a 5-0 professional MMA record, and I am currently fighting in Primal Combat in New York.

Growing up, I didn’t really expect to be fighting in MMA for a living. From the age of 15 until 18 I worked in the local zoo, primarily working with the Wolves in the zoo which is how I earned my nickname of The Wolf.

http://www.aspinallfoundation.org/sites/default/files/web/gallery_slider/images/Pinewood-Gallery_WOLVES.jpg

I’ve been training in Muay Thai since I was 15, but when I turned 18 I joined the family gym and started working on my other styles like Boxing, Wrestling and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I’d like to think I am picking it up fast, but I ain’t taking anything for granted.

We kept getting badgered by a bunch of people asking what my backstory was when I first came onto the MMA scene. I look a lot like one of my half brothers, also called Michael, so we made up a story about me making a mask out of his face and wearing it. The reactions we got were hilarious.

I took part in a couple of fights against some other prospects and came through with two submission wins, so I guess I showed I have more to me than just my striking.

I didn’t wanna commit too early and be unprepared for fighting so I trained for a while, before signing with Primal Combat when I was ready. My manager knows the owner over there, War Pig, and he knew it was the place for me to prove myself.

So far in Primal, I’ve won all my fights via (T)KO which is something I feel shows my dominance in the cage. Some guy called Tom Brady I felt I just overpowered. I figured I should show I can be technical too so I switched up game plans against Javier Arroyo, and it worked and also gave my manager his first win against Louie DePalma which was awesome.

My latest fight was against Sumbu Kalambayo who is managed by Rocco Mediate. I dominated him, which was surprising considering the calibre of fighter he is, but I feel it showed everyone I am here to be the champ, not to just be a regular fixture.

My manager heard this TUF tournament was happening, and I just so happened to fit the criteria perfectly. Listen, it doesn’t matter how big you are, or how quick you are. When I am in that cage, I am looking to put you away no matter how. The fact is, I am already the winner of the tournament, the fights along the way are just a formality. The coach that picks me knows he is getting a winner with unlimited potential, so I am fully expecting to be one of the top draft picks, and if I ain’t, then I am just gonna prove everyone wrong by leaving a path of destruction in my wake.

• Upvote 4

http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=284347

RENO RAWLINGS

------------------------------------------------------------------

Reno Rawlings will be entering the tournament. He does not meet all of the petty little requirements you've set out, so if you're afraid to let him in, I understand. I wouldn't want to fight him, either. But he can speak for himself, so let me give Reno the floor.

Rawlings: This tournament is a big opportunity for me. There are some fierce dudes competing, and I'm sure more will be popping up, but I know that my skills are right up there with theirs, and I have a really top-notch support team in Tony and the guys from Vendetta. I haven't had as many fights as the other guys, but I'm still undefeated and I plan on keeping it that way.

• Downvote 2

http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=284347

RENO RAWLINGS

------------------------------------------------------------------

Reno Rawlings will be entering the tournament. He does not meet all of the petty little requirements you've set out, so if you're afraid to let him in, I understand. I wouldn't want to fight him, either. But he can speak for himself, so let me give Reno the floor.

Rawlings: This tournament is a big opportunity for me. There are some fierce dudes competing, and I'm sure more will be popping up, but I know that my skills are right up there with theirs, and I have a really top-notch support team in Tony and the guys from Vendetta. I haven't had as many fights as the other guys, but I'm still undefeated and I plan on keeping it that way.

Reno's can be a third replacement for 155lbs at a charitable push to be perfectly honest. The lightweight category is full and has reserves and I don't feel comfortable taking somebody out so I can put somebody (who doesn't meet requirements) in

I need one LHW as we had a circumstantial pull out. But we already have two reserves for 155, both very high quality. Unfortunately Tony but maybe you'll be able to participate next time or if something diabolical happens and we need you

• Upvote 1

Hello world!

Here we are in a cheap tent looking structure in sunny Las Vegas, the media and the contestants all together, waiting for Marky Mark to finally open his mouth. Aaaaand here the devilishly handsome man himself arrives!

No... that was Justin Bieber.

Aaaaand the lights go out! (What is this, a press conference or a fight night?)

Marky comes into a darkened arena with his song building

Check out the look on Marky's face as he takes a look at those fighters - that's one determined manager!

The announcer goes wild: Aaaaand here comes the devi... well the man himself! (This event is sponsored by BetMMA.tips)

Some media guy:

Hello Marky, how are you, everything alright? Can I bring you a cup of coffee? Isn't it a wonderful atmosphere here tonight?

Marky:

Yea yea, enough with the chit chat. I'm from Finland. We don't do chit chat.

The same some media guy:

Oh, of course, I beg your pardon. Now, I believe you have an announcement to make regarding THE tycoon's premier show, Tycoons Ultimate Fighter!

Marky:

Oh, yes yes... That's right. I'm happy to get the opportunity to coach again in a team tournament, especially in a tournament like this with all these fancy settings and stuff. And to compete against Wolf the puppy who has been a very successful puppy lately. I'm also looking forward to the draft and to see which two fighters out of the eight I will pick will be the winners of this very first edition of TUF.

Another media guy:

So Mr Humble, what kind of setup do you have in mind regarding the coaching team?

Marky:

At first I thought about handling this myself solo because I want to win but then I realized there might be too much to do in a short period of time. So okay I needed at least one person to back me up so I thought really hard about who would be a suitable guy, an active player who allegedly has good managerial skills too. Then it dawned on me I know a perfect guy for the job:

http://youtu.be/itAOGRiYRLI

Please welcome Bjorn O'Donnel the Belgian gift to all things tycoon!

Bjorn is a team player, a vivid observer and basically everybody's favourite here in the forums so he's a perfect choice to get this show going ...in some direction.

Which way that will be, well... stay tuned brothas and sistas!

• Upvote 5

I thought we were full? Someone bitch out?

Marky and Bjorn decided Bjorn would be better in an advisory position rather than a fighting position - despite having one of the better fighters for Light Heavyweight. So unforunately as per the tournament rules Bjorn cannot compete and we are one (good) fighter down in LHW.

I asked if my fighter could join and it was possible. I got a message from Marky at pretty much that moment to ask me if I wanted to be assistant coach. I messaged Conor, explained him and said that I would ask Marky to decide as I was fine with either ways. Marky decided that wanted me as his assistant and that was that. He has helped me a lot in the game so this is the least I can do for him. I messaged Conor and he said it was fine and that he would find a replacement as we were still a month or so out.

I wish I could be both assistant and have a fighter but I understand the possible conflict it would pose and respect the rules made by Conor.

Growing up was never going to be easy in the Gray household. A small family of four from the slums of Kingston, Jamaica, his childhood was not quite your average upbringing, with gang violence surrounding him and a continual struggle for survival, Akoni was tasked with pick pocketing and petty thieving to help his family make ends meet and ensure he and his family did not starve.

Eventually at the age of 12, Akoni stumbled upon a local kickboxing club in which he swept and cleaned in return for the free workout. The club was in no way prestigious, with the cleanliness barely adequate and the equipment only just passable, Cozad MMA in Kingston was a far shot from the conditions he now trains in.

http://hgtv.sndimg.com/HGTV/2010/03/12/hantt102_workout-garage-before_s4x3_lg.jpg

This introduction to the world at an early age paved the way for a hardened competitor who will stop at nothing to keep himself alive, with that focus now on keeping his professional fighting career alive.

At the age of 18, Akoni decided to test himself in a semi-pro fight, he stepped into the cage for the first time against a fellow unknown Australian boxing, Jerry Devoya. Early on in the fight Akoni was dropped with some big shots, but survived through his hardened fighting spirit, until he eventually succumbed to the damage and went down late in the third round to a thunderous spinning back fist. Following the loss, Akoni was motivated to get better, stronger, faster, so he returned to the gym.

More than a year later, Akoni made his debut for Strikeforce Union, a start up MMA organisation in London against a BJJ grappler, and now Light Heavyweight champion at Strikeforce, Dmitry Boitsov. It was in this fight, that Akoni realised if he was going to make it on the pro circuit he needed to learn to wrestle. Boitsov took him down at will, again and again, but early in the last round Akoni landed a head kick that looked like it had finished the fight, however somehow Boitsov recovered and finished the fight with a Kimura.

From that point forward, Akoni has gone undefeated at SFU, ending his last four fights in devastating fashion, and it is that momentum he will be bringing into the TUF house.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14431839331209.png

Akoni Gray

“I’m excited to make it into the TUF house, this is a big chance for me to prove to myself that I have what it takes, it is an opportunity that I am not going to take lightly, I have learned my lesson and I will compete with a life or death attitude. Whoever fights me on this thing, I hope you’re prepared to fight to the death, because I am, this is all I have in life and I won’t let this go easily.”

• Upvote 4

Jay Easton: Welcome to the Performance Center ladies and gentlemen! I am proud to announce today that Anthony “Tank” Castillo will be the final entrant into the very first Tycoon Ultimate Fighter tournament! We are here today to take a few questions! Tank, the floor is yours.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14560084963079.png

Tank

Tank: First off, I just want to thank my manager for getting me into this tournament at the last minute. I almost had to fire his ass because he stay be taking vacay’s but we good now. Second, shout out to Warpig, the owner and match maker of Primal. I know I had a title fight coming up but I promise you I will come out of this tournament stronger and better than I ever was. Lastly, to Russell Jones, the current 185-pound champion at Primal, I will be expecting a Thank you card and a gift basket for letting you keep that belt. Seriously chump, there was no way in hell you were going to beat me. Now I got time for a few questions! Just please don’t ask me no dumb shit.

Reporter: Mr. Castillo, you are relatively new to the game, what can you tell us about your journey.

Tank: Call me Tank please. To answer your question though, it ain’t nothing to really tell. I was born and raised in Rochester, NY to an egg donor who loved crack more than she loved anything and a father who slaved in a kitchen to deal with his anger. I really didn’t have parents. My brother tried to raise me but he got addicted to bitches and got like 3 of em pregnant within a year so it was just me and my two sisters for a while. I got in trouble, got into fights. My Uncle Edwin, watched me beat the shit out of some kid and invited me to train with him at a gym down in the Bronx, and I’ve been bustin heads ever since. Now I’m doin it for money to take care of my two sisters.

Reporter: That’s a lot for a 19-year-old to handle.

Tank laughs: You uppity journalist types crack me up. My situation isn’t half as bad as others but y’all love my story because I “made-it”. We good over here. Don’t ever play yourself.

Reporter: Recently you have been going by the name “Tank”, is there a reason for that?

Tank: There some reasons. I don’t really want to talk about it though. My uncle calls it survivors guilt, whatever the fuck that means but…. Next question.

Reporter: I though the TUF tournament rules stated that you needed 5 fights to get in. How did you manage to get in with 3?

Tank: Deadass, I would have been had 5 fights if those pussies at Primal wouldn’t have been ducking me. I had like 3 dudes scared to fight me, ask Warpig. One thing I do respect about Russel Jones is that he wasn’t afraid like those other guys. It is what it is though. I’m here now. 3 fights, 5 fights, it doesn’t matter. All I do is win. This tournament ain’t different!

Reporter: Tank is there-

Tank: I don’t got time for this shit no more! I said a few. That means 3! I am finished and done. Just know that the favorite for this tournament is me!! Period! End of Story! I would say have a nice day, but I don’t like yall like that!

Jay: I guess that’s all folks! Now if you could quietly leave, that would be great.

• Upvote 3