JLP

I'm aiming for May 3rd as week 1. May 10th at the latest. I'd like to add more fighters, but we can roll with what we have now and just put in a bye week, that will end up with a 12 fight regular season and have 6 fighters make the playoffs.

I disagree. EPL is a hype machine. It would still boost the hype of 300k participants. It wouldn't boost the host org's hype if it's a top org, but it would still be great for the fighters.

EPL is about putting together fighters from a weight class for a chance at becoming a P4P star, not giving an ID criteria. It's the setting that has made it a huge success and why it's one of the most looked forward to tournaments. I personally wouldn't like to see it become ID restricted as one of the awesome things about the tournament is seeing how some of the younger guys do against the veteran competitors. A one-off EPL ID might work, but that's JLP's call on it. As for ID tournaments, I'm considering some options as to what to do for the next ITFL season which will happen sometime in the summer.

• Upvote 2

I disagree. EPL is a hype machine. It would still boost the hype of 300k participants. It wouldn't boost the host org's hype if it's a top org, but it would still be great for the fighters.

EPL is about turning unknowns into stars, giving a vet another shot at glory and making matches that other orgs won't. Restricting it to young fighters with low rankings takes that mystique away and turns into a boring ID tournament with guys fighting injured.

A young fighter is more than welcome to join though. My guy Aznar Thrul upset Tantalus Flay at the tender age of 24. That matchup would have never happened in any org ever especially when you consider that they fought st different weight classes. Flay was in the top 100 and Thrul was just inside the top 1000 p4p IIRC. Flay went on to almost win the whole thing and Thrul missed the playoffs.

Now Thrul is back for a 3rd time, fighting at a weight he has never competed at before and is going to get a shot at some elite 155ers that no one in their right mind would match him up against. This is what EPL is about.

We did do an ID restricted EPL years back. I think duphus was the winner. I remember it being the most difficult season in terms of losing fighters/declined fights and managers going inactive.

I think its a much tougher sell to put a young fighter in and potentially miss out on a lot of training time. You get between 1-5 a week on average with the frequency you fight at in EPL.

We did do an ID restricted EPL years back. I think duphus was the winner. I remember it being the most difficult season in terms of losing fighters/declined fights and managers going inactive.

I think its a much tougher sell to put a young fighter in and potentially miss out on a lot of training time. You get between 1-5 a week on average with the frequency you fight at in EPL.

Good point on the missed training. I hadn't considered that aspect.

• Upvote 1

I will throw Pao in the mix if there is still room JLP.

Added

Will you be able to finish the tournament or will you find a reason to quit the game again?

Im not too worried. I have a backup fighter just in case anyone quits or goes inactive.

I'll make the divisions today, but i wont do the schedule until everyone has confirmed their fighters.