The 2017/2018 Football (Soccer) Thread

Mentor

Willian looked incredible, and the matic Pogba Partnership could be crazy

They are all going crazy about City this year and their transfers, but i personally liked the moves United made. Offloaded Rooney, persuaded Zlatan to stay, added Matic, they needed someone like him to beef up the middle, that will allow Pogba to move up the field. Also i think Lukaku is possibly the best complete striker in the league and this is coming from a Spurs fan, i think Kane is a better link up player, maybe a better passer, but Lukaku is stronger, bigger, faster and like Kane is a very good finisher. Also, United added proven talent within the EPL, City got just Walker within the league.

I think Spurs will end up getting a few good players in, Aurier seems to be a done deal, he should be a bad boy Walker type, with similar attributes, just 3y younger. Davidson from Ajax should be a good long term option ad DC, will give competition to Toby and Vertongen and that means Dier can play more in the DM role. I am a bit worried that Spurs have not been linked to a proper rotation striker though, if we do not get someone competent and proven in that role, we will be in trouble. Janssen did not do the job last year and he is our only option, Son is not a pure Striker either. We missed out on all our FC targets this summer, so not sure what we plan to do there.

Chelsea should be a downgrade from last year, so will Liverpool if they end up offloading Coutinho. Arsenal made some moves, but those moves will not be enough i think. My top 4 will be United, City, Spurs, Chelsea, in that order, i only think those 4 have a real chance to go for the league. Everton should be stronger, but not sure who can replace the goals they lost from Lukaku.

• Upvote 1

They are all going crazy about City this year and their transfers, but i personally liked the moves United made. Offloaded Rooney, persuaded Zlatan to stay, added Matic, they needed someone like him to beef up the middle, that will allow Pogba to move up the field. Also i think Lukaku is possibly the best complete striker in the league and this is coming from a Spurs fan, i think Kane is a better link up player, maybe a better passer, but Lukaku is stronger, bigger, faster and like Kane is a very good finisher. Also, United added proven talent within the EPL, City got just Walker within the league.

I think Spurs will end up getting a few good players in, Aurier seems to be a done deal, he should be a bad boy Walker type, with similar attributes, just 3y younger. Davidson from Ajax should be a good long term option ad DC, will give competition to Toby and Vertongen and that means Dier can play more in the DM role. I am a bit worried that Spurs have not been linked to a proper rotation striker though, if we do not get someone competent and proven in that role, we will be in trouble. Janssen did not do the job last year and he is our only option, Son is not a pure Striker either. We missed out on all our FC targets this summer, so not sure what we plan to do there.

Chelsea should be a downgrade from last year, so will Liverpool if they end up offloading Coutinho. Arsenal made some moves, but those moves will not be enough i think. My top 4 will be United, City, Spurs, Chelsea, in that order, i only think those 4 have a real chance to go for the league. Everton should be stronger, but not sure who can replace the goals they lost from Lukaku.

2 matches, 2 victories both with 4 goals. United look strong. I hope this form continues

• 1 month later...