NFL Draft

Rambo

Considering how badly you predicted the NFL last year, I'm encouraged by your assessment.

John Fox is not a good head coach. He's white Lovie Smith, just a little bit better at hiring coordinators.

Hater. How off was I? I do pretty good every year. The biggest surprise for me was ATL's turn around. NFC south is turning into the toughest division in football atm.

Colts will be lucky to make the playoffs imho Tennessee is vastly improved, Houston should be around the 8-8 or 9-7 mark, and the Jaguars will compete as well. I think the Colts are gonna have a rough year.

AFC South - Houston Texans

AFC West - Denver Broncos

AFC East - New England Patriots

AFC North - Cincinnati Bengals

NFC South - Tampa Bay Buccaneers

NFC West - Arizona Cardinals

NFC East - Dallas Cowboys

NFC North - Greenbay Packers

Winging it here. I think the Bucs sweep the Falcons and Saints, split it 1-1 with the Panthers.

Patriots vs Cardinals Superbowl

Patriots win it. 35-27

Tom Brady - MVP

JJ Watt - Defensive MVP

Ezekiel Elliot - Offensive Rookie of the Year

Vernon Hargreaves - Defensive Rookie of the Year

Patriots

Broncos

Bengals

Steelers

Chiefs

Texans

----

Cardinals

Bucs

Panthers

Seahawks

Vikings

Cowboys

I correctly picked 4 out of 8 conference champions. Should of been 5 out of 8 but I had a Bengals fan staying with me at the time that actually knows a bit about football and he was hyping them up. I also got 6 out of 12 playoff teams right.

I picked Brady to have MVP season and Patriots to win superbowl. They did. I predicted a 35-27 superbowl win for the Patriots vs the Cardinals, they had a 34-28 win vs the Falcons - both teams with a bird mascot. Close enough.

Picked Zeke to have huge rookie year... boom. Picked Hargreaves to have big rookie year... bust. BUT he did make rookie all-pro team somehow.

We'll sweep the Falcons again. The Bucs are on the up and up. Even if they end up 7-9 or 8-8 they are a really good football team, they have one of the toughest schedules in the NFL this year.

Jameis Winston has Hall of Fame potential written all over him. If he stays healthy, he'll likely wear a gold jacket at the end of his career. Let's just hope it's with the Bucs.

----------------------------------

Here are the teams the NFL needs to watch out for in the future for years to come:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Oakland Raiders

Los Angeles Rams

Minnesota Vikings

and some wildcards that have potential are

Jacksonville Jaguars

Tennessee Titans

Vikings, Rams, Titans, Jags don't have for sure things in franchise QBs. They all have the potential, just wouldn't be surprised if they don't last. Vikings are in the gray area with Teddy Bridgewater. I don't think he's got it. Some do. Time will tell with him but he has the potential. I think Goff fizzles out but he has all the tools in place to succeed. The Rams have a young team and solid defense. Mariota is a franchise QB but imho he'll run into injury problems. If he can stay healthy, he could have probowl potential. Not really sold on him yet either, but mainly because the durability and inaccuracy with a deep ball. Bortles had a great year but he's a turnover machine. Playing from behind all the time really helped his stats, but he has the build and mold to be Ben Rothlisberger.

Was wrong about the Falcons. Pretty spot on about the Bucs. Predicted Mariota playing at a high level but potential injury. Predicted Goff fizzling out.. and even though it's too early to tell, I say that prediction is on right track.

I think Mitch has a higher ceiling than any QB drafted in last 2 years. He was a baller at NC. I don't think he'll have success his first couple seasons and I think the entire team in charge of making that decision to trade up for him will most likely be fired. When you make a move like that and move up for a QB, you don't have a whole lot of time to start winning games. Idk how well Bears compete in that division.

Aguayo was the best short range kicker and extra point kicker of all time in college. But he was never accurate from long range, ever. He was also never that accurate in close, big time games. I recall his kicking streak ending in close competitive games on national spotlight. He was also on a team that usually lit up the scoreboard and there was hardly ever any pressure for him to make a kick to win a game. Pretty sure he missed a chip shot on ESPN in high school too.

being drafted in 2nd round and all the hype and Madden stuff definitely got into his head.

iirc Aguayo never kicked from the hash on extra points in college. I don't understand why he lines up and kicks from hash in NFL. He always kicked from center. Idk why dude decides to line up on the hash but it doesn't matter now that he's not a Buc. Best of luck to him though cuz he's a Nole, but he's making us look bad.

Picking half of the division winners is pretty bad actually.

This year's draft was Pace's 3rd with the bears. In the two draft classes that have seen the field he has drafted an all-pro (Howard) and five other starters (Floyd, Whitehair, Goldman, Kwiatkowski and Amos). Floyd, Whitehair and Goldman are already solid starters. His two failures have both been to injury and those guys (White and Grasu) will be healthy this year and still have a chance to make a contribution. In all fairness, Emory left the team with almost no young talent so it wasnt hard for Amos to get a starting job, he's probably a depth S/specialteams guy once midway through the season when Eddie Jackson takes his job. Kwiatkowski is the starter only because Travathan is hurt, but he likely moves into the starting role in a year or two when Freeman gets old and starts to slip.

Giving up two mid-round draft picks to get the best QB in the draft will hardly get him fired. Especially when that wasn't even an overpay based on similar situations in the past and it was to stop the Browns from trading past them to get Trubisky. Browns reportedly offered much more, but the 49ers wanted Solomon Thomas badly and were prepared to take him at 2. Saying that you think Trubisky has the highest ceiling in the last two years is at odds with thinking Pace will get fired for giving up two thirds and a fourth to get him/outbid the browns.

Pace's FA signings have been a mixed bag at best, but he's got one of the better draft evaluation records in pro football going back to his job with the saints. He's doing a great job so far, despite the espn type hot take on the team. But if you rely on the espn like outlets for sports analysis then I cant help you anyway.

Picking half the division winners is decent. Find me somebody who consistently picks over half correctly. Probably can't because it's impossible. I was wrong on the Bronco's, Cardinals, Bucs (came close, missed opportunities), and the reluctant pick of the Bengals.

Exception of Cardinals and Bengals, Bronco's and Bucs were close to winning division. I knew Oakland was definitely an up and coming team and one to watch, but didn't think they'd take down the Bronco's last year.

My biggest issue with the Trubisky pick is they could of sat @ #3 and still got him (unless Browns traded w/ 49ers and snagged him) and they're in a rebuild mode.. and I think they should of stayed at #3 and if Mitch got picked up by overpaying Browns they could of grabbed a guy like Jamal Adams or traded with 49ers for potential ransom. Tough to justify trading picks away when in rebuild mode. Trubisky has a high ceiling, has potential, but if he doesn't excel early the fans will want GM and coaches heads on pikes. He played in a tough ass conference in college and had good TD/INT ratio. Personally like that he's a pocket guy with athletic ability. He's the best QB prospect to come out since Winston.

I don't feel like a lot of the guys drafted in round 1 were first round QB's (Mahomes especially) and felt Wentz was a much better pick than Goff last year. That being said, QB's and WR's have been getting waaaayyy overdrafted for a long time. I am a die hard Florida State fan. I couldn't believe Ponder and E.J. got drafted, yet alone picked in first round.

My top 3 QB's going into NFL this year were:

Watson

Trubisky

Kaya

Watson had a much bigger body of work and showed something special vs Alabama. Do I think he'll have a great pro career? No. But I think he could, there's potential and showed something special on the field.

I wouldn't of touched Kizer or Mahomes before the 4th round.

I'll go on record and say I think Brad Kaya could turn out to be a really good pro. If he sits and learns a system behind a vet, he could take over the reigns and have Kirk Cousins - Matt Ryan efficiency levels. Was shocked no teams jumped all over him.

• 1 year later...

Hahahaha. Wow.

A lot of people in the Bears front office will be unemployed within the next couple years.

LOL. CK getting his opinion from sports center. Epitome of clueless. Bears front office is riding Trubisky to a division championship. The guy the 49ers took is a bust.