Don't see a gym as a company.

bjornmma1

I'll just throw in an opinion here, and it's to disagree with all of this.

While I understand, the gym business all around tycoon lacks a lot, and its really hard to find a good/decent public gym for your fighters if you own a clothing, nutrition or fight org. Thing is, clothing and nutrition are well covered, I don't think we need more of them, and fight orgs, there's a lot of those, at all different IDs, I don't think the game lacks of anything at the moment?

Allowing everyone to hold a gym would basically mean that everyone would also get another business, which would only boost the number of useless companies, and would ruin the game's economy.

Don't think I need to elaborate more, but the big issue here is that gyms are not profitable enough, and people don't want to run public gyms since it will not make them rich. Either make the cap of 1000$ per week to something higher, or give better benefits to multiple sessions per coach.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

and would ruin the game's economy.

So many ppl don't realize games like this have an Economy, your spot on with that. If the Economy is not kept in check this would be just another arcade game, sorta speaking.

After being for gym owners being able to hold a second company, I'm now totally against it. Gym's could use some revamping to boost revenues without compromising training.

For those of us that have chosen to hold Private gyms it's not as big of a deal. Private gyms are for one purpose and one purpose only, quality of training. I've personally chosen to give my fighters and a few others, a good place to train to get maximum benefit.

So, I say revamp gyms to make them more attractive for others to open public gyms.

• Upvote 1

So many ppl don't realize games like this have an Economy, your spot on with that. If the Economy is not kept in check this would be just another arcade game, sorta speaking.

After being for gym owners being able to hold a second company, I'm now totally against it. Gym's could use some revamping to boost revenues without compromising training.

For those of us that have chosen to hold Private gyms it's not as big of a deal. Private gyms are for one purpose and one purpose only, quality of training. I've personally chosen to give my fighters and a few others, a good place to train to get maximum benefit.

So, I say revamp gyms to make them more attractive for others to open public gyms.

Agree with this, didn't thought of it earlier. Maybe make the same training gains for 1-3 fighter-sessions. Cause let's face it, having a coach per each fighter is too expensive for a gym to be profitable. Not complaining here about me paying for my gym to have 1:1 training, but I think public gyms could never be effective and profitable at the same time.

But note that if this gets introduced, it will affect the game economy too - a lot fewer money would be going out of the game via private gyms and coaches. If now you are paying 10 coaches for 10 fighters in your gym, then you would be paying 3-4 coaches only. So stuff like avatars/previews/vip would become a lot more expensive to buy with tycoon cash.

But note that if this gets introduced, it will affect the game economy too - a lot fewer money would be going out of the game via private gyms and coaches. If now you are paying 10 coaches for 10 fighters in your gym, then you would be paying 3-4 coaches only. So stuff like avatars/previews/vip would become a lot more expensive to buy with tycoon cash.

Some good points here. This may be something that just needs a tiny bit of tweaking, but nothing drastic. The last thing we would need is for public gyms to being as effective as a private gym, not even close really because of the economical affect it would have, like you pointed out.

I agree with a lot of the points being made in this thread, and some of them are what swayed me to be against the idea. Maybe we are looking at this wrong? In RL, gyms are not that profitable, so why should they be here?

Because if gyms arent profitable, less people will maintain public gyms. You see that even now there is shortage for quality public gyms. If this trend continues, more people would be forced to open private gyms for themselves, resulting in closing some of the other companies - clothing, nutrition and fight orgs. Some alliances maintain their gyms and this is protecting the other businesses. Nevertheless, this cant be changed without messing with the game economy, because you will be trying to make one type of company more profitable. If you reduce gym's expenses, less money will be going out of the game, which will result in slight inflation - other goods' prices will go up...

• Upvote 1

Don't think I need to elaborate more, but the big issue here is that gyms are not profitable enough, and people don't want to run public gyms since it will not make them rich. Either make the cap of 1000$ per week to something higher, or give better benefits to multiple sessions per coach.

This is the point. Fix the gym business, which is wrong, don't ruin what's working.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

I want to give this thread another bump as this one is really important to me and many others I know in the game.

If a gym wouldn't take up the company spot, there would be a far more interesting amount of orgs, stores,...

The game is called mmaTYCOON. Having a gym and another company is hardly being a tycoon, but would be far more satisfying already for sure.

• Upvote 4

I agree, id like to have another company, maybe clothing store (not just for laundry!). But having a private gym is pretty much essential if you want to raise top fighters, so there's no chance for me to ever have any other companies.

I'd very much like this to be changed.

Maybe if gyms could hire more coaches, say double what they can now, then alliance mates could team up to share a gym. As it is I couldn't afford to let anyone else take up any spaces in my gym, I have approaching 30 fighters training flat out at my gym, all mine, with no free sessions.

I think if you have two companies, VIP days should burn double quick. I think it's a win for Mike

Although I agree that at first sight it could help Mike and the game in short term, I think in long term that might not be the best idea. To be honest, this game is already too much pay2win for my likes with all the possibilities to gain in-game advantages with paying real money(yeah I know it brings income to Mike, but I really don't like pay2win advantages and I think many others are thinking the same way). Maybe introduce a one-time payment for company slot at a reasonable price same as buying fighter slots?

I think private gyms should be seen as company, public gyms shouldn't.

We should try and encourage people to open public gyms otherwise everyone will have their own private gym.

What is the point of training in public gym if you have money for private gym? Encourage people to have less skilled fighters?

• Downvote 2

What is the point of training in public gym if you have money for private gym? Encourage people to have less skilled fighters?

Oh gosh, the brain cell in your head must be really lonely.

Imagine that everyone has enough money and prefers to train in a private gym since there aren't any public gyms. Who will be running other companies then? Where would your fighters fight? In QFC?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Oh gosh, the brain cell in your head must be really lonely.

Imagine that everyone has enough money and prefers to train in a private gym since there aren't any public gyms. Who will be running other companies then? Where would your fighters fight? In QFC?

Okay probably you are pretty young in this game so I will explain you few things.
The problem in its core is that people make to much money in fight organizations and launder them to their accounts and because of that of course people make private gyms.
You are saying what would happen if everyone had private gyms? Please explain me what is happening now then? Look at city like Amsterdam and you will see that there is 3 public gyms and 22 private gyms where at the same time is only 1 nutrition company company where you can buy legit sups. And this is one of the biggest cities in the game lets see what is happening in smaller ones. For example Montreal has only 1 public gym with 17 private gyms.
Please my friend before you talk about something you have no clue about you better do some search. People will never open public gyms even if they had 25 company slots and this because of 1. The learning speed compared to private gyms is called 'very slow'' 2. You can make money what is called 'nothing''.
And if you think people who run fight organizations do it because they dont have money and cant afford private gym you are delusional.
  • Downvote 2

And this is why there was a discussion earlier in this topic how to make public gyms with better quality and more profitable at the same time, but I guess you didn't bother to read it. Oh, also I have pointed the same problems you have just mentioned earlier, but I guess you didn't bother to read them too.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

And this is why there was a discussion earlier in this topic how to make public gyms with better quality and more profitable at the same time, but I guess you didn't bother to read it. Oh, also I have pointed the same problems you have just mentioned earlier, but I guess you didn't bother to read them too.

I replied to what you said to me not what others are talking about.
You said what would happened if everyone had enough money to run private gyms and who will run other companies. Sadly you dont understand that it will not happened but is happening for few years now in the game but with quick look at your profile I should not be so mad at your ignorance because you are only few months in the game.
As far as what you said about now with the improvment of the gyms we all know that will not work for few reasons.
1. Everyone already had more money that they can spend so what is the point of the to have public gyms to make more money?
2. As long as public gyms have better training eve a little bit you still will owe it not owe public gym. Because? Because you can set training yourself and have better benefits out of it.
There is only one way how to fix this problem and that would be to cut money from the game and make money laundering illegal but that would be to much of a game changing and a lot of people would leave the game. So we come down to the thing that there is nothing to change and we just have to play the game how it is as long as the game lasts. Or possible we could have a second server where all these problems would be fixed but as far as I understand Mike is not to much in this game anyone and that is not an option at this point.
  • Downvote 2

Agree with this, didn't thought of it earlier. Maybe make the same training gains for 1-3 fighter-sessions. Cause let's face it, having a coach per each fighter is too expensive for a gym to be profitable. Not complaining here about me paying for my gym to have 1:1 training, but I think public gyms could never be effective and profitable at the same time.

Because if gyms arent profitable, less people will maintain public gyms. You see that even now there is shortage for quality public gyms. If this trend continues, more people would be forced to open private gyms for themselves, resulting in closing some of the other companies - clothing, nutrition and fight orgs. Some alliances maintain their gyms and this is protecting the other businesses. Nevertheless, this cant be changed without messing with the game economy, because you will be trying to make one type of company more profitable. If you reduce gym's expenses, less money will be going out of the game, which will result in slight inflation - other goods' prices will go up...

Please teach me more, I see you are very good at the game and intelligent at the same time. Repeating what I have said in this thread 3 months ago and saying I am ignorant because I play from too soon... that's so lol.

The whole idea of this thread was to allow people to have one gym and one other company so there are enough orgs, clothing and nutrition stores. And not everyone can afford having a private gym which costs 200k+ monthly(well, at least mine costs me that much) so yes, there is a big need of public gyms.

Anyway, you can say twenty times more that I play here from too soon, but that doesn't seem a valid argument on this discussion to me, so I'd rather go and have a nice productive conversation with the wall next to me, than trying to talk to you again.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Please teach me more, I see you are very good at the game and intelligent at the same time. Repeating what I have said in this thread 3 months ago and saying I am ignorant because I play from too soon... that's so lol.

The whole idea of this thread was to allow people to have one gym and one other company so there are enough orgs, clothing and nutrition stores. And not everyone can afford having a private gym which costs 200k+ monthly(well, at least mine costs me that much) so yes, there is a big need of public gyms.

Anyway, you can say twenty times more that I play here from too soon, but that doesn't seem a valid argument on this discussion to me, so I'd rather go and have a nice productive conversation with the wall next to me, than trying to talk to you again.

Sorry as I said I replied what you said to me. You are not that popular in the forum that I follow you and read all your post all over the place. I have no clue what you said 3 months ago.
Well as far as going how long you play of course that plays a big factor in our conversation. I am in this game from 2009 and know everything from top to bottom where I see that your knowledge about the game is pretty small.
And this is a direct response to your message you just said not something you said 3 or 5 months ago. If you allow to have gym and other companies to all managers it would be good for other companies because I already noted there are way to much private gyms in the game and thats why there are not all that much nutrition cloating or fight companies but how will it help public gyms is still dont understand. Why would some one who has fight organization also make a public gym with his second slot? Why he would not make private gym? The biggest problem with legit managers is that they dont want to run companies because then they would not be able to have private gym but if you allow to have gym and a company you dont have to be smart to understand that it would be a private not a public gym.
So we come down to if Mike would allow company and a gym it would kill public gyms (well there is not much to kill as I showed cities like Montreal have only 1 public gym) but of course would help and increase the number of other companies. You saying people dont have enough money to have private gyms? I would say you are not right because facts show difference picture.

It would also make VIP even more interesting for noob managers. It's great for everyone; noobs, veteran managers and Mike.

I really hope to see Mike react on this idea.

Yes it would make game more intresting because there would be more companies for sure :) but lets be real it would not help public gyms a bit.

agreed, i notice to many side accounts that are just made for a private gym, gives us players an unfair advantage because i run an organization, my fighters must suffer in a public gym.. I was considering making a side account just to run a gym, but then i saw that having multi accounts is a negative on this site. (also dumb) but i understand some people use multi accounts for their gain.

agreed, i notice to many side accounts that are just made for a private gym, gives us players an unfair advantage because i run an organization, my fighters must suffer in a public gym.. I was considering making a side account just to run a gym, but then i saw that having multi accounts is a negative on this site. (also dumb) but i understand some people use multi accounts for their gain.

Yes. A majority of the cheaters with multiple account is most likely because they want another company besides their gym. I don't agree with what they are doing, but there is a real need in the game to no longer see a gym as a company, so it opens up opportunities for everyone.

• Upvote 2

Yes please. Mike please read this thread and make it happen. Only private or its a company if you make money off of it.

• Upvote 1

I don't like the idea really.

But if for some reason it is something to be used in the future, I think the best way to go about it is to change the cap/experience of coaches being allowed to hire.

For example, a max of 5 elite coaches, or perhaps 10 wonderful coaches.

So at the end of the day, a standalone gym is still better.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

If all VIP-managers would be allowed to have a gym besides another company, that would be great for the game:

- More companies equals more rivalry and possibilities.

- Less people with multi accounts ( as they are often created just to have a gym and another company).

- Better training as all VIP's would be able to have their own gym and wouldn't have to overcrowd their buddies' gym.

More accounts = more money

business standpoint.

• Upvote 1