MMA Tycoon Social Networking Pages

Hey everyone,

Just posting here about the MMA Tycoon Google+ page. You may or may have not noticed the Google+ icon in the footer of pages in MMA Tycoon along with a Twitter and Facebook icon. If you haven't, feel free to have a look at the page, give us a +1 and follow us.

MMA Tycoon Google+ Page: https://plus.google....235706495/posts

MMA Tycoon Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/MMATycoon

MMA Tycoon Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/mmatycoon

Edited by markyosullivan
  • Upvote 2

Maybe you're thinking, why should I follow the MMA Tycoon page on Google+?

Hmm not really. Im thinking why should I use google+ at all? :D

ps. Good job spreading the MMATycoon gospel anyway.

• Upvote 2

the profile is https://plus.google....235706495/posts

Im a big fan of G+, Iv been using it since it was in closed beta and I havnt used facebook since december 2011 (my account only still exists for ufc facebook prelims), so i was quite excited when I noticed the G+ button on tycoon.

One thing I have noticed, for mike/whoever maintains the profile,- having been following you for about a fortnight it seems the vast majority of your content (all the real MMA stuff) is shared to the MMA community not your circles. Whilst this is getting your name out there to general MMA fans it does mean that those who follow you who arnt a member of that community (or a member of the community that hasnt set their home stream to show all the content from that community) wont be seeing this in their stream.

(for reference; of the publicly published (inc those shared to communities) content posted during may so far aprox 30% is visible to me without specifically going to your profile to see if you've said something, Iv those posts I only remember seeing 2 in my stream)

Maybe its intentional and your all about getting new followers from the MMA community, but if thats the case your missing those who are in the UFC community not MMA, and also giving little incentive for people to actually follow/circle.

Just somthing to think about...

• Upvote 1

I'm still trying to get used to Google+ myself so I'll see if I can change where those posts are being seen. Thought they were Public when I posted it but when I checked it on my phone it seems its only for the MMA community like you said. Thanks for telling me that. I'll have a look at it later tonight when I get home from work.

the profile is https://plus.google....235706495/posts

Im a big fan of G+, Iv been using it since it was in closed beta and I havnt used facebook since december 2011 (my account only still exists for ufc facebook prelims), so i was quite excited when I noticed the G+ button on tycoon.

One thing I have noticed, for mike/whoever maintains the profile,- having been following you for about a fortnight it seems the vast majority of your content (all the real MMA stuff) is shared to the MMA community not your circles. Whilst this is getting your name out there to general MMA fans it does mean that those who follow you who arnt a member of that community (or a member of the community that hasnt set their home stream to show all the content from that community) wont be seeing this in their stream.

(for reference; of the publicly published (inc those shared to communities) content posted during may so far aprox 30% is visible to me without specifically going to your profile to see if you've said something, Iv those posts I only remember seeing 2 in my stream)

Okay, had a further look into it got a friend of mine to check my MMA Tycoon page. He can see all the posts even those that have been posted in the MMA community however he can't see my posts which are on the MMA community in his stream which is a bit of a problem. Is there any way to get around this?

Or do I have to choose between keeping my followers updated, or trying to gain more followers from the MMA community?

• 2 weeks later...

Is there anyway to receive tweets about the game only?

My cell phone was blowing up yesterday with broken links to TUF picture, etc and I had to turn off my mobile alerts.

man im trying to figure that crap out myself right now -- my phone is somehow tied to my email and facebook all that crap and goes off with every email, facebook update -- drives me crazy going off every few minutes

man im trying to figure that crap out myself right now -- my phone is somehow tied to my email and facebook all that crap and goes off with every email, facebook update -- drives me crazy going off every few minutes

Just go to twitter and click on mmatycoon and then click do not receive mobile updates.

The only problem is I would still like to receive game updates just not all of the shoutouts to new followers, etc.

Just go to twitter and click on mmatycoon and then click do not receive mobile updates.

The only problem is I would still like to receive game updates just not all of the shoutouts to new followers, etc.

The only reason we do shoutouts is to help gain followers which should hopefully get new players. I've seen a couple fighters retweet the tweets we've put up so far.

The only reason we do shoutouts is to help gain followers which should hopefully get new players. I've seen a couple fighters retweet the tweets we've put up so far.

I am not saying you shouldn't do them. I hope they bring in tons of business, I am just not interested in my phone going off 100 times a day at work with "shoutout to our new follower from south africa" lol

I wish there was a way to set it so you only received game updates.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not saying you shouldn't do them. I hope they bring in tons of business, I am just not interested in my phone going off 100 times a day at work with "shoutout to our new follower from south africa" lol

I wish there was a way to set it so you only received game updates.

Meant to reply to this, I'm now using the hastag #GameUpdate for tweets only about the MMA Tycoon game, so if you wish to skip all the rest just search for #GameUpdate on the MMA Tycoon twitter page.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...