Learning Speed

handgrenaide

Learning speed only affects how quickly your fighter learns in the gym. Fastest learning speed is supposed to be 7.5 (Greasemonkey) but the fastest I've seen since the last training changes is 7.2. Anything lower than 5.5 is too slow for me, and trust me, even with 1 on 1 private elite training it will seem slower than Chinese water torture.

• Upvote 1

You train useless secondary skill (no points added) with Elite coach on 1on1 session, and use skills snapshot and greasemonkey scripts (in TycoonTools) to check what is the new value of that skill after one session. You start from 1.95, and the max is 7.5 (i.e. max increase is 5.55). People have different preferences what is good enough learning speed to keep. For example if the new value is 4, that is really low, but fighter could still have good other hiddens and he could be decent KT fighter, no need to train everything.

I just got my best learner, 1.95->7.35 with coach with 140 skill points (i.e. not max Elite what should be used). Actually out of my 12 fighters (18 year olds) I just made when I got back to the game, 9 have learning speed over 5 and 7 over 6. Either I'm lucky or there have been tweaks in training speeds.

• Upvote 2

in VeikkoK case, he got max training cause the coach was so much higher then his fighter. Think it's like 30 or 40 points higher on coach you will get max training (or there about).

Note: Many people use 5.5 to 6.0 as a min learning (right or wrong) that might be the average that many use to decide to keep or cut. Again hiddens come into play so you might keep a slower one cause of good hiddens

• Upvote 1

Tested my first 18 yr old today - 4.65.. Not bothered if :

7.2 :bigshock: I must be so unlucky in the learning skills department, the fastest learner I have ever had in my tycoon career has been around 4.3 tops

and you are having an alright Tycoon career!

I noticed if you hover your mouse over the green arrows in the tycoon assistant page you can see the points gained per session to 2 decimal places. Is this the same data as the greasemonkey script shows us? If a guy trains in a new skill with 100% energy, elite 1on1, 18 yr old, etc etc and lets say he popped first time - you could read off the same value via the hovering-over-the-green-arrow technique, right?

Tested my first 18 yr old today - 4.65.. Not bothered if :

and you are having an alright Tycoon career!

I noticed if you hover your mouse over the green arrows in the tycoon assistant page you can see the points gained per session to 2 decimal places. Is this the same data as the greasemonkey script shows us? If a guy trains in a new skill with 100% energy, elite 1on1, 18 yr old, etc etc and lets say he popped first time - you could read off the same value via the hovering-over-the-green-arrow technique, right?

Tehnically you could but youre never going to pop the first time you train a skill starting at 1.95.

what if you hover over the green arrow and it says 7.29 pop, does that mean my fighter pops at that rate as his average?

First of all what skill was this? Ive never heard of a secondary popping that much, was it strength or conditioning? If so, physicals work differently than secondaries, you cant compare the learning speed of the two. If it was a secondary congratu-fu**ing-lations.

That is the gain from the session i.e. x-1.95 where x is the new value and 1.95 was the initial value at creation. When people talk about learning speed, they are talking about that x, which is claimed to have maximum value of 7.5 (in case of secondaries), so the maximum gain would be 5.55.

I have started to wander if that cap really is 7.5 is as I once again got a new fighter with 7.1... My worse was 3.9.

It means that in the session which caused the pop your fighter gained 4.63 skill points in that particular skill. So for example fighter's striking defense skill is 18.00, and then you train it more, and you have a pop, and in the green arrow it says 3.5. That means that fighter gained 3.5 points which lead to that pop, as now the skill is 21.5 (pops happen when you get to next tenth).

It means that in the session which caused the pop your fighter gained 4.63 skill points in that particular skill. So for example fighter's striking defense skill is 18.00, and then you train it more, and you have a pop, and in the green arrow it says 3.5. That means that fighter gained 3.5 points which lead to that pop, as now the skill is 21.5 (pops happen when you get to next tenth).

i see, does that mean that he got 4.63 on that skill plus some more on related skills? that would mean he is popping over 5 as an average?

So does it mean my new fighter is a halfwit if he only does a 3.45?

Just to point out something again: a fighter can have max intelligence but slow learning, it doesn't make him dumb just a slow learner. The opposite can be true also a max learner and very low on intelligence, they are completely separate things and have nothing to do with each other

(learning speed and intelligence are not the same thing)