• 7th Circle
    • The Cage Cartel
    • Legion of Doom
    • Convicted Inc.
    • Steel Penn Alliance
    • Russian Bears
    • Vendetta

How is normal Bjorn?

GBK also mentioned that members of our alliance voted for similar candidates last year, but that is not unusual, i do not even know most of the candidates for some of the awards, so i vote for the ones i do know. The difference is that for all other groups that is allowed, but not for us. Also, there is a few groups in this game which follow similar voting patterns, even though they are technically in different alliances, so if LOD broke up into lets say 20 groups and voted for each other, it would be ok, but since we are in one group it is not allowed?

End of the day, there is 17,000 members registered on this game and 1000s of active members, if you guys are so scared that any one group is so dominant you have to come up with rules to stop them from winning, then i think we should be honored.

I also think Wymer is right, a different award system needs to be implemented for next year. The best would be a weighted system (similar to how opp rank works), basically giving older forum / game members more strength in their voting, that would favor smaller, older but more active groups. I am fine with something like that because it at least makes sense. The current rules are bias.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If you guys are so worried by turning the awards into a popularity contest, you should change how the voting system works. Because, as far as I see, only LOD is getting punished by the current system. And, as long as it isn't fair to everybody, the legitimacy of the voting will be questioned. Besides, a lot of people engaged to the game is popular throughout the hole game, not only restricted to one alliance. This type of popularity isn't being punished. So this is not the perfect system.

For the next year, I think we should open the nominations for everybody but the actual voting should be restricted to a selected group of people engaged here in the game. Otherwise, from my point of view, It will always be a popularity contest.

Ironic coming from a LOD member who is likely to win multiple awards like Manager of the Year. You bring home 0 awards and I'll believe you. You're a respected member of the Tycoon community, not just the LOD community so I think you'll do quite well. I know you have my vote in two categories.

Voting is always a popularity contest, the rule change is obviously to combat the vote flooding not the popularity contest. Only way to combat popularity is a voting committee of respected active veterans.

LODs whole numbers game allows them to flood ballots and rid the polls yet a system that makes it equal grounds to every alliance is rigged? This is a much better system than letting Mentor or Rabid mass mail and/or go into LOD chatbox and telling everyone to go vote LOD in the awards. I know for a FACT they did it in years past and Rabid admitted to it last year.

The difference is now votes actually come from recognition from your peers, not recognition from your alliance mates who are told to vote for you anyway and Mentor wants to call foul on the play? 5 votes from each alliance, including LOD does not put them at a disadvantage other than they can't flood the polls. If you have a problem with it and are worried about voting for someone else abstain from voting and rethink all the advantages of being in an alliance with over a 100 people.

Last but not least, these a votes for fictional awards on a message board for a MMA Tycoon browser. Legitimacy of voting is never gonna be a real thing. Awards become a popularity contest no matter what. Lady Gaga won a Golden Globe for fucks sake.

• Upvote 2

Bruce Jenner won Woman of the Year award(s).

:us:

God bless it.

:D That's worse than Lady Gaga winning the Golden Globe for her first(and awful) television appearance.

I dont understand how this hurts one alliance? everybody only can vote 5 times for themself or alliance mates, fighters. Now if you are above that, only 5 votes count. If i got that right. means you need votes from other people besides guys you are in contact with in you alliance to win an award. Now if i am reading that right it is the same for everybody. And gets a balance from small to large alliances.

I dont understand why there is a problem here. It is not like LOD isnt getting any awards this year. It just makes a few awards more open because you cant vote over the limit. People if they dont know always vote for there side, it is just not in this game. Now i dont know shit sometimes about a few awards, so i dont vote, but others might just vote when they see an alliance mate. This could be every alliance in the game, just to show solidarity. Now with the rule every alliance can now max. get 5 votes in for themself(if even) and otherwise need votes from people outside their "sphere".

How the fuck does that sound unfair? You get 5 buddy votes, otherwise you need other people to acknowledge your work/contribution/skill/fighter/talent/etc to win the award. I dont know how that sounds to all of you, but sounds fair to me to get an award.

If i got something wrong from the GBK post please let me know, its late here :D

• Upvote 5

You LOD guys can't seem to convince me that you aren't voting solely based on if LOD or not. Don't care about awards outcome but check this out and tell me again if that rule isn't necessary:

http://i.imgur.com/e2PRqI7.jpg

And since Krum Koev isn't in LOD anymore guess that makes him not worthy for the award:

http://i.imgur.com/AViN3my.jpg

Browsing through the other awards you could see Rufus McTearson(a #264 p4p fighter) giving a serious competition to Ricky Rocker for the 170 lbs. fighter of the year which to me seems ridiculous. You could also see the most serious contender for fighter of the year and probably the winner Helix Cabrera being tied with Matt Quin for the breakthrough fighter of the year - would be funny if Cabrera wins fighter of the year, but losses breakthrough, wouldn't it? I don't have nor the time, nor the will to check many other awards, but at those mentioned, LOD candidates have votes only from LOD members, except Matt Quin who has 1 vote by Chael Mir. I mean, if you really believe your candidates are the best for these awards, shouldn't at least 2-3 people outside of LOD vote for them? If you check the categories where you really deserve the awards you could see everyone voting for Whymer for manager of the year(even guys from Vendetta and you say they are very against LOD).

Understand that not the rule that gives every possible candidate the opportunity to receive up to 5 friendly votes makes the awards unfair, it's the possibility to mass mail 100 people to support the alliance without having a clue who did what in 2016.

• Upvote 3

In regards to you not getting the support from LOD, it is not surprising because you did abandon the alliance and have been quite vocal against LOD since leaving, not to mention you yourself have avoided every single LOD candidate besides maybe Whymer (everyone is voting for him though because frankly, he was easily the best). I personally think that you are in the debate for the best newcomer award, but i think it is a close one between either you or Wink (it is not surprising that that award is closely competed).

You mentioned that Ricky is having a close battle with Rufus, i am not sure if we are looking at the same voting because it is 14 to 7 in favor to Ricky at the moment, plus Rufus lost his fight last night which took his rank below 200 (that fight took place in 2017 though). He was top 50-100 for basically the whole year in 2016. Also for Helix, he is ahead for the 155, Breakout and Fighter of the year, so not sure what you expected for him. Sure it is close for some of those awards, but that is to be expected.

You are totally right about one other thing, LOD candidates ALWAYS get avoided, which is the whole point. We already have the majority of the community against us, so the mods did not have to come up with special rules to stop us from winning anything. If you honestly go through all the current voting and pay close attention to the voting and make a fair (no populist) argument, you would agree that the voting is reasonable at the moment.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

In regards to you not getting the support from LOD, it is not surprising because you did abandon the alliance and have been quite vocal against LOD since leaving, not to mention you yourself have avoided every single LOD candidate besides maybe Whymer (everyone is voting for him though because frankly, he was easily the best).

So first you are complaining that those awards are a popularity contest and then these are the things that according to you should determine best new manager? I have voted for whoever I think deserves the award. Why blame everyone else for avoiding LOD candidates, instead of thinking about reasons why they are getting avoided, do they really deserve the award? Using your logic, explain me why LOD members(except you, whymer and ailika) are avoiding all other candidates. There is like a group of 6-7 people at least voting LOD on every award.

• Upvote 3

I think you misunderstood my point Ovoxo, i mean that these awards are suppose to be a popularity contests. In other words i agree with you that certain members follow/vote for certain candidates. If the awards were suppose to be based upon merit or real results, then we would have specific criteria for nominations and a proper formula for calculating who should win. We do not have that though, we have a voting and that is not subjective.

The difference is that LOD cannot vote for their candidates and the rest can (we are allowed only 5 votes) because we are in one big group and the others are in micro alliances, most of which have 5-6 members in them. Anyway, i think i explained my point here, no need to go on and on.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

I think a good way to look at the quality of the alliance is to look at the alliance champions. Convicted has a lot of fighters who are champions in the orgs which are considered the best in the game.

This is big problem with awards. Its of the year, not currently.

Also its not best alliance of the year, its only alliance of the year. People should realise that theres huge difference if alliance is build just to look good or has something bigger things behind. Like helping new players into game. Thats why i think alliance of the year should be possible to win only once.

Also its not best alliance of the year, its only alliance of the year. People should realise that theres huge difference if alliance is build just to look good or has something bigger things behind. Like helping new players into game. Thats why i think alliance of the year should be possible to win only once.

Fair point, but I think most people , including me, see this award as what alliance has the best average of managers and fighters in 2016.

Fair point, but I think most people , including me, see this award as what alliance has the best average of managers and fighters in 2016.

In which case, the winner of this award should be the alliance with the highest opposition hype. Also the average is pretty irrelevant, if you take 3-4 top 100 managers and put them into one group, they will have the highest average, does that make them the best alliance? Frankly speaking, this is just an general award with no criteria.

• Upvote 2

In which case, the winner of this award should be the alliance with the highest opposition hype. Also the average is pretty irrelevant, if you take 3-4 top 100 managers and put them into one group, they will have the highest average, does that make them the best alliance? Frankly speaking, this is just an general award with no criteria.

This is one of the handful of awards that actually make sense and don't need no explanation. CEO of the year, forumer of the year, tycoon of the year, game contributor of the year, breakthrough fighter of the year, etc. are stupid fucking awards that just clutter this area and should be removed.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

This is one of the handful of awards that actually make sense and don't need no explanation. CEO of the year, forumer of the year, tycoon of the year, game contributor of the year, breakthrough fighter of the year, etc. are stupid fucking awards that just clutter this area and should be removed.

the reward system in general should be reworked.

• Upvote 1

These awards just need to not be so vague and have somewhat of a criteria to consider when voting. That and Mike seriously needs to add more stats/history that can be viewable. Like manager rankings / alliance record viewable on a weekly/monthly basis. A simple line chart would be simple enough for manager rankings for example.

• Upvote 1