UFC Fight Night Holm vs Correia Pick'em Thread

kenlow73

As per the current Pick'em League rules, I'm only posting the main card...

Fight Night

Holm vs Correia

Saturday June 17, 2017

UFC Fight Pass Main Card 8AM EST

Holly Holm vs Bethe Correia

Andrei Arlovski vs Marcin Tybura

Dong Hyun Kim vs Colby Covington

Tarec Saffiedine vs Rafael Dos Anjos

Holly Holm vs Bethe Correia

Andrei Arlovski vs Marcin Tybura

Dong Hyun Kim vs Colby Covington

Tarec Saffiedine vs Rafael Dos Anjos

I love seeing fighters get knocked out after they taunted their opponents! :ph34r:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBUI7O1BN_E

Someone please explain me by the way how she develops enough force for the KO with that kick. She doesn't seem to kick through whatsoever. I'm not an expert in kicking, so would like to know what you guys think of it.

she got her knee past the centerline before snapping her leg which gives her kick a surprising amount of penetration. its a really common way to kick in karate and long pants kickboxing

also bethe correia is really bad

Yeah, that seemed like a karate technique to me as well and I understand now how it happened, but still find it rather strange that enough force can be generated that way to cause a KO blow. I guess the power comes from the snap at the end with her lower leg.

Yeah, that seemed like a karate technique to me as well and I understand now how it happened, but still find it rather strange that enough force can be generated that way to cause a KO blow. I guess the power comes from the snap at the end with her lower leg.

The punch after looked to be the deciding factor to me.

What people usually fuck up with snap round kicks is that they dont get their knee far enough past their opponent which leads to noodly shitty kicks. Holm got all of her power from that.

I am really not familiar with those snap kicks, so could you maybe give an estimate on what % of damage this can generate compared to a normal head kick? I suppose the snap kick is less powerful right, but by what margin ?

Thats impossible to say but significantly weaker than thai style kicks imo. The nice thing about snap kicks is that they're faster and easier to disguise because the setup is the exact same as front kick, side kick, hook kick etc.

You can generate surprising amounts of force tho. I use them a lot myself and more and more people I train with are getting into them.

I've been having some issues with my PC booting, just got back in. Be working on results and the next pick'em soon.

4ad72be3126085f020c77e95945923c3.png

Edited by kenlow73

What a terrible event for me again.

I just don't like Holm so I figured I'd bet against her.

Arlovski would have won had he avoided the TD in the 3rd however so I stand by that pick.

I honestly think RDA looked fantastic at 170 though - that's my big takeaway