Throwing a Wrench in the UFC's Plans

Some, I'm paraphrasing what I read. This all started when the Garbrandt vs Dillashaw match was scraped because Cody hurt his back. Dillashaw requested for them to allow him to drop to Flyweight and fight Mighty Mouse. which led Borg to tweet "So fuck me right? Guess I'm chopped liver." This led to Might Mouse to tweet:

8e1a4400aeb8575c39098f535c9b11bf.png

Borg's final tweet of tonight was:

a89c665e1e93a480d43104a88ed1dfe2.png

So, what do you think? Should DJ just be a yes man and fight who the UFC gives him or have a say in who he defends the title against?

Champions should always defend against the best fighter that is available, and in this case it happens to be TJ Dillashaw. People can pretend to be purists and claim that jumping queues is a horrible sport-killing act, but in a division like 125 - especially in its current landscape - it is more than acceptable, its almost necessary. Joey B has lost to DJ twice, and the only other two eligible guys are Borg and Pettis, neither of which need to fight DJ right now.

Borg is half the fighter TJ is at the moment, and there should be no rush to get him in there with DJ. He's only 23 years old, and will more than likely contend for the belt at some point in the future regardless.

So they should just fuckin book Johnson vs. Dillashaw.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Champions should always defend against the best fighter that is available, and in this case it happens to be TJ Dillashaw. People can pretend to be purists and claim that jumping queues is a horrible sport-killing act, but in a division like 125 - especially in its current landscape - it is more than acceptable, its almost necessary. Joey B has lost to DJ twice, and the only other two eligible guys are Borg and Pettis, neither of which need to fight DJ right now.

Borg is half the fighter TJ is at the moment, and there should be no rush to get him in there with DJ. He's only 23 years old, and will more than likely contend for the belt at some point in the future regardless.

So they should just fuckin book Johnson vs. Dillashaw.

They were planning on booking that but DJ says no.

They were planning on booking that but DJ says no.

Of course he would, why would he fight TJ Dillashaw for the same money that he'd get for smashing someone with 1/10th of his skill? DJ isn't willing to truly challenge himself or we would've seen a Cruz rematch, a Barao fight (way back), or any other move to Bantamweight.

Apparently he wants more to fight TJ, and that in itself is fine but he can't dodge true competition just to break a record that doesn't really mean anything.

• Upvote 2

I hope they don't feed Ray Borg to DJ they honestly should go with the Tj Dillshaw fight i want to see it and it will sale. They need to wait until next year or early 2019 because Dj is on a antoher level that Borg isnt on but he will be with alittle bit more time.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

If DJ ducks TJ here he just proves he is not one of the true GOAT's. He needs to move up or fight TJ, end of story.. this title defence record is a joke, he says he wants 15 or 20 defences and has no plans on moving up. We all know he's the Flyweight GOAT, he has been. He would lose to the top guys at 135 I believe and he must know that too.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

DJ isn't ducking TJ. Even if he doesn't take the fight. I guarantee you if they'd compensate him properly, he'd take the fight. TJ is far from a draw but doesn't deserve to leapfrog anybody at 125. TJ is just trying to stay relevant since Cody dropped out and no other opponents make sense for him because if he fights anybody that isn't a champ, he falls out of contention and has to grind his way back to the top. If he drops down and loses to DJ, he can still fight Cody for the belt.

If DJ ducks TJ here he just proves he is not one of the true GOAT's. He needs to move up or fight TJ, end of story.. this title defence record is a joke, he says he wants 15 or 20 defences and has no plans on moving up. We all know he's the Flyweight GOAT, he has been. He would lose to the top guys at 135 I believe and he must know that too.

People are quick to write off competition at the top of the game. I'd be willing to bet he'd give fits to everybody at 135. His title defense record isn't a joke considering he's fought and accepted just about (if not) every offer on the table. No reason to move up and fight unless he's getting paid more.

• Upvote 1

DJ isn't ducking TJ. Even if he doesn't take the fight. I guarantee you if they'd compensate him properly, he'd take the fight. TJ is far from a draw but doesn't deserve to leapfrog anybody at 125. TJ is just trying to stay relevant since Cody dropped out and no other opponents make sense for him because if he fights anybody that isn't a champ, he falls out of contention and has to grind his way back to the top. If he drops down and loses to DJ, he can still fight Cody for the belt.

People are quick to write off competition at the top of the game. I'd be willing to bet he'd give fits to everybody at 135. His title defense record isn't a joke considering he's fought and accepted just about (if not) every offer on the table. No reason to move up and fight unless he's getting paid more.

Agree with all your points. And I don't think DJ needs the TJ fight to solidify his legacy as a potential GOAT. GSP never went up despite talks, Jon Jones has been teasing a HW run but hasn't done it, Anderson went up but fought mediocre LHW's, and they're all considered for that title but now its gonna hurt Mighty Mouse? That's ridiculous, but I think he would fight him except like Rambo said he hasn't been compensated properly for that fight once he does I have no doubts he'll take the fight.

Dana came out and said it doesn't matter if DJ wants to fight Borg, he (Dana) makes the matches not him (DJ) and the UFC is pushing on with plans for DJ vs TJ

Here's Mighty Mouse's most recent response:

1aeae1a3e9e59bf6c576b90517e0668f.png

50a9f5971c0a8915306bf59f674a39c2.png

11892784e513674648a8f2b04a4a5515.png

5f739479e4dc18f18994ec31d2635c00.png

f166775eda7e52ced0a31b16b0e88871.png

• Upvote 1

yeah DJ is def the weakest champ in the UFC. his competition is just horrible. i doubt he would do aswell with most of the guys up in 135

seriously mate? :o

btw it's great the fighters finally speaking up.

there are only 4-5 fighters that UFC /Dana is treating well and giving every damn opportunity which they even don't/didn't deserve as of now or then .. all the sane mma fans know that ... just need to have a foul mouth to get all the presents from Dana

-_-

unbelievable

yeah DJ is def the weakest champ in the UFC. his competition is just horrible. i doubt he would do aswell with most of the guys up in 135

DJ isn't the weakest champ in the UFC, The Lightweight champ has never defended his belt or the Featherweight Title when he had it. Hard to say someone who is on the verge of breaking the title defense record is weak while somebody that has never defended a title they've held isn't.

DJ isn't the weakest champ in the UFC, The Lightweight champ has never defended his belt or the Featherweight Title when he had it. Hard to say someone who is on the verge of breaking the title defense record is weak while somebody that has never defended a title they've held isn't.

your a McGregor hater, but i do agree this boxing BS is making me dislike him more and more.

DJ, 14-2 at 135 and beat the current #7 ranked fighter twice. Your opinion is stupid

Mcgregor beat jose aldo for the featherweight belt, then beat alvarez for the lightweight belt, both flawless. DJ's last defense was who again? thats right. and his next challenger is ray borg? really? weak division with a weak champ. i will glady be proven wrong if he takes the TJ fight.

• Downvote 1

DJ gets wrecked by 135ers. but i do agree with him in this situation. Dana is a dipshit.

Mcgregor beat jose aldo for the featherweight belt, then beat alvarez for the lightweight belt, both flawless. DJ's last defense was who again? thats right. and his next challenger is ray borg? really? weak division with a weak champ. i will glady be proven wrong if he takes the TJ fight.

:OMG:

Lol, guys like Dodson, Joe B and Horiguchi are/would all be legit ranked bantanweights. The division seems weak because DJ is so good and the only champ ever. The UFC not promoting it and letting their talent go doesn't help either.

Bisping is clearly the weakest champ btw

Lol, guys like Dodson, Joe B and Horiguchi are/would all be legit ranked bantanweights. The division seems weak because DJ is so good and the only champ ever. The UFC not promoting it and letting their talent go doesn't help either.

By far. He got the Anderson Silva, let's give you an old guy on his way out the door treatment, and still go rock n' sock'd em. I'd love to see Bisping vs Mousasi though, I feel like they'd be a good throw down.

Mousasi didn't look good vs Weidman at all imo, but I think him and Bisping would be a good scrap (with Mousasi potentially destroying Bisping). He just seemed very heavy on his feet and flat-footed and much slower striking than usual. Maybe to stop TDs? Idk.

By far. He got the Anderson Silva, let's give you an old guy on his way out the door treatment, and still go rock n' sock'd em. I'd love to see Bisping vs Mousasi though, I feel like they'd be a good throw down.

Mousasi didn't look good vs Weidman at all imo, but I think him and Bisping would be a good scrap (with Mousasi potentially destroying Bisping). He just seemed very heavy on his feet and flat-footed and much slower striking than usual. Maybe to stop TDs? Idk.

Mousasi always has struggled with good wresters, he would absolutely piece up Bisping

well he knocked out rockhold to win the belt. that puts him in a better position than DJ.

• Downvote 2