KT dying a slow death...

Django

A few months ago I decided to try a different aspect of the game, KT. Created some fighters, put them in the gym for awhile, then went looking for a place for them to fight. To say it was slim pickings would be an understatement. There was Raven, a 360+ org, and 2 or three others where the fighters were all much, much older. My guys were 355+ with no where to go. Raven went to 355 so I got a few of my guys in there. That was short lived though as Raven just closed.

So where does that put the state of KT now? There really isn't a place for younger KT's to fight. The last remaining KT orgs aren't an option, those old guys have been fighting each other for years. Very few opportunities for younger guys to get fair fights.

One would think there's a real opportunity for a KT 350+ org, seems to be a real void there. One would think...but if Raven couldn't attract fighters maybe not.

So what options do I and others who have created younger KT fighters have? Without an org to fight in it means scrapping fighters. Scrapping most of the younger fighters means the KT pipeline is depleted. That means only the old guys are left. As they die off it means the KT populations becomes smaller and smaller and the death spiral continues.

I don't know the answer, don't know why more players aren't making a couple KT fighters to have something a little different in there stable. Do know that when the scrapping of existing fighters start the future of KT is pretty bleak.

I am hopeful someone looking for a niche to fill in the org business takes a look at 350+ KT. I gotta believe there's 75-100 out there. I do know that with the demise of Raven there are half that many looking for a home right now. In a couple of weeks they'll be scrapped...or getting their asses kicked by ground fighters in MMA orgs...then they'll be scrapped :)

• Upvote 3

A few months ago I decided to try a different aspect of the game, KT. Created some fighters, put them in the gym for awhile, then went looking for a place for them to fight. To say it was slim pickings would be an understatement. There was Raven, a 360+ org, and 2 or three others where the fighters were all much, much older. My guys were 355+ with no where to go. Raven went to 355 so I got a few of my guys in there. That was short lived though as Raven just closed.

So where does that put the state of KT now? There really isn't a place for younger KT's to fight. The last remaining KT orgs aren't an option, those old guys have been fighting each other for years. Very few opportunities for younger guys to get fair fights.

One would think there's a real opportunity for a KT 350+ org, seems to be a real void there. One would think...but if Raven couldn't attract fighters maybe not.

So what options do I and others who have created younger KT fighters have? Without an org to fight in it means scrapping fighters. Scrapping most of the younger fighters means the KT pipeline is depleted. That means only the old guys are left. As they die off it means the KT populations becomes smaller and smaller and the death spiral continues.

I don't know the answer, don't know why more players aren't making a couple KT fighters to have something a little different in there stable. Do know that when the scrapping of existing fighters start the future of KT is pretty bleak.

I am hopeful someone looking for a niche to fill in the org business takes a look at 350+ KT. I gotta believe there's 75-100 out there. I do know that with the demise of Raven there are half that many looking for a home right now. In a couple of weeks they'll be scrapped...or getting their asses kicked by ground fighters in MMA orgs...then they'll be scrapped :)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=65413&page=1

You can thank Queen Epicity and his private Mod for driving away the last of the Mohicans

He recently closed his account for good too:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/no_profile.php

Even though he messed up my idea to send the young guys from the 40-man massive tourney to his org to revive it would have helped the kt game.

Of course the toxic managers would sabotage the 40-man tourney if Alfred agreed to that so that was never gonna happen.

He never stood a chance once the wolves closed in on him.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 9

I just made a couple of strikers and had started working on their TD def when I noticed the Victory Kickboxing org. So they will be KT for a while, and if it's fun, maybe a long while. But I was lucky they were 365k. There is definitely a need at 350 and 355k in KT, and for KT no reason those can't be all fighting against each other in one org. Just needs to be an org owner who has the patience to fill up a KT roster.

• Upvote 2

You can thank Queen Epicity and his private Mod for driving away the last of the Mohicans

Even though he messed up my idea to send the young guys from the 40-man massive tourney to his org to revive it would have helped the kt game.

Of course the toxic managers would sabotage the 40-man tourney if Alfred agreed to that so that was never gonna happen.

A cheater defending another cheater .... Nothing new to see here .

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I just made a couple of strikers and had started working on their TD def when I noticed the Victory Kickboxing org. So they will be KT for a while, and if it's fun, maybe a long while. But I was lucky they were 365k. There is definitely a need at 350 and 355k in KT, and for KT no reason those can't be all fighting against each other in one org. Just needs to be an org owner who has the patience to fill up a KT roster.

That is key. Have 340, 350, 360, etc. KT. Need org owner competent enough and does due diligence when matchmaking and sending fight offers to keep things fair. Biggest issue with KT imo is that the best prospects will usually crossover to MMA but can thrive at ID levels if run properly.

I'm a big fan of the World Series of Kickboxing brand. But unfortunate state of KT. Open ID KT needs to be only 1 org and atm that is Eternity.

• Upvote 2

That is key. Have 340, 350, 360, etc. KT. Need org owner competent enough and does due diligence when matchmaking and sending fight offers to keep things fair. Biggest issue with KT imo is that the best prospects will usually crossover to MMA but can thrive at ID levels if run properly.

I'm a big fan of the World Series of Kickboxing brand. But unfortunate state of KT. Open ID KT needs to be only 1 org and atm that is Eternity.

One thing that would REALLY help KT is the new event concept in ONE FC.

At the moment, MMATycoon has MMA events or KT events. You either check one OR the other, for the whole event.

Instead, if you could set it for each fight, like the number of rounds for each fight, you would end up with KT and MMA fights at the same event (much like ONE FC). This would make KT focused orgs more viable

• Upvote 6

At the moment I am running 4 consolidated divisions at Victory KT (265/265+, 205/185, 170/155 & 144/135)

I doubt that will ever change because 1) I HATE tiny divisions with less then 20 people in it and 2) I doubt I will even find 20 fighters to fill each of those consolidated divisions.

You have to believe me when I say that I doubt there are 100 proper KT fighters in the WHOLE game.

I would gladly run 350k in the unused division but it would be the same kind of thing. So 265lbs, 185lbs, 155lbs & 135lbs would be open. I didn't before as I thought Raven was running that ID but if they have closed for good I will try it. I am not hopeful but I will try. Even if it's just for a little while to give the 350k KT fighters somewhere to fight.

• Upvote 5

At the moment I am running 4 consolidated divisions at Victory KT (265/265+, 205/185, 170/155 & 144/135)

I doubt that will ever change because 1) I HATE tiny divisions with less then 20 people in it and 2) I doubt I will even find 20 fighters to fill each of those consolidated divisions.

You have to believe me when I say that I doubt there are 100 proper KT fighters in the WHOLE game.

I would gladly run 350k in the unused division but it would be the same kind of thing. So 265lbs, 185lbs, 155lbs & 135lbs would be open. I didn't before as I thought Raven was running that ID but if they have closed for good I will try it. I am not hopeful but I will try. Even if it's just for a little while to give the 350k KT fighters somewhere to fight.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

DependablePastAzurevasesponge-size_restr

• Upvote 1

One thing that would REALLY help KT is the new event concept in ONE FC.

At the moment, MMATycoon has MMA events or KT events. You either check one OR the other, for the whole event.

Instead, if you could set it for each fight, like the number of rounds for each fight, you would end up with KT and MMA fights at the same event (much like ONE FC). This would make KT focused orgs more viable

I think that would be a great improvement

Also if 350 being opened up I have a 155 guy who will join Alfred , i can make him fit whatever weight divisions you end up with

Thanks for giving it a try, appreciated. We'll find out whether it's worth creating these guys or not. Have a couple I send right away, and a couple more I had to send to MMA.

• Upvote 1

It is harder to maintain a KT roster than an MMA roster because most of them are either old and close to retirement or transitioning to MMA when there stats are ready. There needs to be more incentive to play that format.

If more people made KT fighters, and the org could get big and make a decent profit, the monetary incentive would be there, at least. There really are no high end KT contracts because no KT org seems to make enough to offer those contracts. The only reason most of these young MMA fighters are getting paid well these days is because of older managers with big bank accounts willing to start off with big losses to get the roster built quickly. KT could thrive just as much as MMA, it's just more linear. Less slider play, and a hell of a lot less training. I mean, you should be able to have a KT guy ready to go twice as fast as an MMA fighter.. Focus on 100% stand up skills and can use the rest for wrestling to maybe increase his clinch.. dunno, not been there. But those guys seems like they could be the "fast path" in this game as far as having a guy from creation to champ and maxing out his primary stats to be playing with the big boys. Or maybe that's another issue with ID restricted KT, a guy develops so fast, he can jump to open ID much faster than he could in MMA?

Meh, I got high... started babbling.. my bad. lol

• Upvote 1

Even if KT slowly dies, it will never die to me. I am the knee God and KT will live on even if it's only me making them :)

Nah, I'm just getting started in it. I have always been an MMA fan in game and RL. You won't be the only one because I've thought that KT could be a much more fair and edge of your seat system if the org was set up properly with some competent managers fighting there. I mean, you could have a guy with 15 in pretty much ever skill needed for KT, so these fights really would be all about a fighters hidden attributes to give them the edge. Rematches would be worth taking because was the first win just a lucky KO, or does that guy just have a little extra something we can't quite put a finger on.

I think KT could be a very, very fun future, I just don't think we have a large enough player base to sustain it. But with the managers on board and supporting Victory, maybe KT will have a chance yet.

It is harder to maintain a KT roster than an MMA roster because most of them are either old and close to retirement or transitioning to MMA when there stats are ready. There needs to be more incentive to play that format.

TWGC tournaments but for KT would be a good start. Generates KT hype + popularity.

Granted a lot of people would flee right back to their MMA orgs after but think you would have no problem filling 8 - 16 man tournaments up.

and at end of day, just like irl for most part, if you wanna make real $ you sign up for MMA.

• Upvote 3

TWGC tournaments but for KT would be a good start. Generates KT hype + popularity.

Granted a lot of people would flee right back to their MMA orgs after but think you would have no problem filling 8 - 16 man tournaments up.

and at end of day, just like irl for most part, if you wanna make real $ you sign up for MMA.

Agreed.. sadly, I don't see any reason that KT couldn't be as profitable in the game as MMA, outside of the fact that not enough managers are committed to it in order to build a KT org up enough to start holding those PPV's and making the big bucks.

I don't know if Ryan Epicity would care to share but I would be really interested to know how his ppv events have gone at Eternity

I haven't gotten to profits yet. I made even on my second event(almost) but lost some on the third event again. Gonna mess with the numbers again this week but it's been a tough week with personal matters weighing me down so i haven't even though about it tbh. I am gonna try another ppv mma org's numbers for this event but with the hype/pop for this event on the main card there should be no reason it doesn't go up.

Unless there really is a problem with kt hype and the event's have been getting by mostly the pop of the main and co main. I'll see what happens with Saturday's card and I'll post Mike the results of the 4 events and see if he can see what is being calculated.

As long as i am here KT is going nowhere.

• Upvote 6

I've got a 362k+ KT fighter at 205. Too slow of a learner to make it as an MMA fighter now; but can't see any KT orgs with a deep enough 360k roster at that weight.

His hiddens are probably trash anyway, so maybe I should sack, but feel like I've invested 4 months for nothing.

Anyone else in this situation / would people just FA him? Or play the even longer game of transitioning to MMA?

Making one last attempt at something for 350k.

Looking for another two fighters (Need 8 have 6 right now)

It'll be a 350k Fight League with divisions of 4. So that's 3 fights per "season" and then the winner of division one will get prize money (tbd) and whoever comes last will get demoted to division 2. The winner of division 2 gets promoted to division 1. That's how it's going to start at least. The beauty of this is I can just add divisions if more people want to join. They will just have to start at the bottom.

Now the bad part. It's going be be somewhat open weight. It'll be in the 205lbs division so need to make that at least but initially there is no minimum weight. Again might look to change that in the future if this works out. We will see.

For now, need two more to get the ball rolling