StrikeForce Union

umbridge1991

12/03/2016
The Underground
London
Ladies and gentlemen, this latest event is brought to you by Machine Fight Gear. StrikeForce Union continues to acquire and retain some of the best fighting talent in the world. These fighters put it all on the line for your entertainment. Your support means a lot to all of us. Once again, here is Dave Ashbourne with your event preview:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1457471127StrikeForce%20Union%205.jpg
Magnus Looped vs Henry Collins
Davie Joyce vs Marcus Pereira
Mason Scott vs Dustin Kruger
Dmitry Boitsov vs Reginald Kray
Elof Jurgs vs Vincenzo Crescenzo
Steve Lucas vs Angus Bryant
Djin Kvasir vs Roger Jackson
Jeff Roberts vs Gareth Gledhill
Rodney Smith vs Givi Zurabovich
Joonas Ragnarsson vs Jose Hernandez
Joonas Ragnarsson (MMA 1-1-0 , SFU 0-0-0) vs Jose Hernandez (MMA 4-5-0 , SFU 1-2-0)
It's the first fight on tonight's card and it's Joonas Ragnarsson's first fight here at StrikeForce Union. The teenager from Finland is an expert in the clinch, dominating his last opponent in that area and coasting to a second round TKO win. Jose Hernandez is coming off two tough losses to two of the best in the division in Magnus Looped and Jeff Roberts and the rumour is that morale in the Hernandez camp is extremely low coming into this fight. The Spaniard has true knockout power that complements his strong boxing skills but more importantly, he has the ability to win standing or on the ground as proven in his career. If Hernandez gets caught in the clinch it could be another long night for him and he will have to gameplan around this. Luckily for Ragnarsson, he himself is not a one trick pony and is more than capable of mixing it up on the outside. A big fan of comics, he will be hoping SFU fans marvel at his debut performance.
Dave's Prediction: Joonas Ragnarsson via KO
Rodney Smith (MMA 6-0-0 , SFU 1-0-0) vs Givi Zurabovich (MMA 1-3-0 , SFU 0-2-0)
Rodney Smith is the clear star of the lightweight division and is fully expected to roll over his opponent here. But this is mixed martial arts and as we all know, anything can happen once you close the cage door. Smith has an impressive undefeated record and no clear challenger in sight. Some thought Nathan Griffin would be that challenge but Smith had him tapping out in the first round during his SFU debut. Givi Zurabovich does not back down from a fight. That's not the Georgian way. Both of these fighters are counter fighters so expect a slow build up as these two intelligent fighters try to feel out each other in the early stages. It's a great addition to the fight card and it would turn SFU upside down if Zurabovich comes away with the win. The pressure is on the local favourite Smith. It didn't phase him at SFU #3 and he will likely come through this latest test at SFU #5.
Dave's Prediction: Rodney Smith via Submission
Jeff Roberts (MMA 8-2-0 , SFU 2-1-0) vs Gareth Gledhill (MMA 2-1-0 , SFU 0-0-0)
This is a great match-up between two welterweight contenders with solid records. Jeff Roberts is only 24 years of age yet he already feels like a veteran in the MMA world. Roberts was a Division 1 All American wrestler. After college, he entered a 16 Man Tournament and finished as a semi-finalist. He has won Fight of the Night twice. He has won KO of the Night. And during his time at the now defunct Elite Canadian Fighting Championship, he became the welterweight champion and defended his belt twice, never losing it in the cage. However, Gareth Gledhill is no bum. Fairly new on the MMA scene, he won his first two fights comfortably with a seven second knockout in his debut. Gledhill has plenty of confidence but Roberts is a different kettle of fish altogether. Roberts defeated the fighter that is fighting for the title tonight, Magnus Looped. But later on, Magnus Looped beat John Winkle who was only one of two fighters and the latest fighter to beat Jeff Roberts. It's our very own love triangle at SFU. It is incredibly close at the top of the welterweight division. Fans and owners will be looking for a little more clarity to come out of this fight. Once his career is finally over, Roberts may fancy himself as an analyst of the sport, making the following prediction on twitter, "Collins, better hold on to that belt tight after you win, because Jeff Roberts is coming to take it". He's calling it. Henry Collins to win the belt tonight. After that? He's coming right for Collins. First though, he needs to get by Gareth Gledhill who should not be written off in this fight but is still the underdog going in.
Dave's Prediction: Jeff Roberts via KO
Djin Kvasir (MMA 4-9-0 , SFU 0-2-0) vs Roger Jackson (MMA 0-2-0 , SFU 0-0-0)
"Nasty" Roger Jackson is as flamboyant as they come. When asked what is his hometown he simply responded, Erotic City. He is a sex symbol to his native Marshall Islands. Seemingly competent at all of the mixed martial arts, Jackson will be hoping his recent manager change can propel him to this first win in MMA. Kvasir has had a difficult time of late, finding himself on a six fight losing streak but he's still the same fighter that went on a four fight win streak previously, Jackson, probably the most famous athlete from the Marshall Islands, is having a lot of fun while he's at it. If it's a game to him outside the cage, it's all business inside the cage. Yes this is a nasty man. But this is a dangerous nasty man. Nineteen and with the world at his feet thanks to his marketing, Jackson can go on to do great things under the right management. The talent is certainly there. So far the results have not been. That could all change tonight.
Dave's Prediction: Roger Jackson via KO
Steve Lucas (MMA 4-2-0 , SFU 0-1-0) vs Angus Bryant (MMA 2-2-0 , SFU 1-2-0)
In Steve Lucas' last fight, he lost via a unanimous decision to Angus Bryant. Bryant has actually fought twice since then, losing both fights via first round knockouts. There was a lot of pre-fight smack talk before their first meeting but it was mainly coming from the Scottish man's camp. It culminated in a Fight of the Night award and Bryant walking away the victor. An incredible stat from that fight, Steve Lucas attempted forty-three takedowns and not a single punch was thrown by the American. It was clear that the gameplan was to get the fight onto the ground as soon as possible. You have to be wondering whether Lucas will try this approach again this time round. If Bryant loses his third in a row, and against a fighter he has beaten before, he would have to go back to the drawing board. If Steve "Snake" Lucas wins, he wipes away the pain from his last loss and can move forward, onward and upwards.
Dave's Prediction: Angus Bryant via UD
Elof Jurgs (MMA 4-1-0 , SFU 1-0-0) vs Vincenzo Crescenzo (MMA 3-1-0 , SFU 1-1-0)
This could easily have been a Light Heavyweight title fight between two of the best in the division. It's another #1 vs. #2 match-up, something this writer loves to see and talk about. And no doubt this fight will get the fans talking. Two superb wrestlers go toe to toe. Elof Jurgs left his home country of Sweden to fight out of one of the best and exclusive gyms in New York - Altaca Gym. There he has benefited from numerous sponsorship deals that have contributed to this growth as a young and successful fighter. If the common opponent theory is anything to go by, Elof "Ranger" Jurgs should win this fight. He beat Crusher Breaker at SFU #2 who beat Vincenzo Crescenzo at SFU #1. But that's not how fighting works. Both fighters are in great condition having not fought since SFU #2 but Crescenzo is going to need a lot of help in this one. Jurgs is the better boxer, muay thai artist, wrestler and has superior jiu-jitsu skills. He is looking more and more like the future champion of this division and a win here tonight will be another step forward in that direction.
Dave's Prediction: Elof Jurgs via UD
Dmitry Boitsov (MMA 1-0-0 , SFU 1-0-0) vs Reginald Kray (MMA 6-6-0 , SFU 1-1-0)
It's a quick turnaround for Reginald Kray fresh off his disappointing loss at SFU #4 against Darren Crowley, a fighter he had beat just a couple of months earlier. It's hard to deny that it was a step backwards for Kray and you have to wonder if that's part of the reason he is jumping right back into the cage here. Dmitry Boitsov put on a great fight at SFU #3 against Akoni Gray, losing the first round before finally locking in the kimura after twenty-one submission attempts. His great takedown offense was on full display and it's likely we will see it again in this fight. Some fighters take down their opponents efficiently, other figthers like Boitsov take down their opponents violently.
Dave's Prediction: Dmitry Boitsov via Submission
Mason Scott (MMA 2-0-0 , SFU 0-0-0) vs Dustin Kruger (MMA 2-0-0 , SFU 0-0-0)
Two fighters hoping to burst onto the SFU scene and put themselves on the fight map. Both are sitting pretty at 2-0-0 going into their SFU debuts. it is great to see this match-up get made because a lot of 2-0-0 fighters like to be coddled and have their record protected. Not here. We are going to find out who is the better fighter. Mason Scott is five years the elder yet it is Kruger that has been training and fighting for a longer time. Dustin Kruger is a special athlete and manages to share his time between MMA and the rugby pitch and is equally as impressive in both sports. Don't be fooled by the rugby passion, it's certainly not a distraction. Kruger is a huge fan of MMA and has been training hard at The Zoo, a private gym that is solely for the use of fighters managed by the formidable Bwang Jong Sr. On the other hand, Mason Scott is currently in limbo and without a gym for reasons unknown. It hasn't hindered his abilities however with two first round submission victories under his belt. Some fighters don't have to train as hard as others, they are born fighters. Mason Scott is such a fighter. Hailing from Scunthorpe, England, he knows exactly what to do when a fight breaks out. He has an incredible 32cm height advantage over his opponent so even if the fight doesn't last long it will be quite the spectacle for those in attendance. Bigger isn't always better in MMA. We like the South African in this one.
Dave's Prediction: Dustin Kruger via KO
Davie Joyce (MMA 1-2-0 , SFU 0-1-0) vs Marcus Pereira (MMA 6-0-0 , SFU 1-0-0)
It's a rematch between two pioneers of the super heavyweight division. These two fighters know all about each other with Pereira comfortably beating Davie Joyce in their last bout. A lot has changed since then but Marcus Pereira is still the #1 Pound for Pound fighter in the organisation. With all due respect to Davie Joyce, Pereira is a class or two above the man from Ireland. But we know the Irish love to fight and are always in with a puncher's chance. Spirits are high in the Joyce camp and if they could pull off the upset here, they would all go down in history as the best at their respective jobs.
Dave's Prediction: Marcus Pereira via Submission
Magnus Looped (MMA 4-2-0 , SFU 2-0-0) vs Henry Collins (MMA 5-1-0 , SFU 1-0-0)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/belt/20160104200112rsz_pizapcom14519372242052.jpg

Make no mistake about it, this is THE biggest fight in SFU's history. It is THE fight to make in the welterweight division and a thank you has to go out to all involved in making this one happen. We have two true contenders that everybody should agree deserve to be at the top fighting for the gold. And today is the day they get to do just that. It's a welterweight title fight between the #1 ranked and #2 ranked fighter in the division. Once upon a time, these two fighters were making the rounds in the famous Quick Fight Championships. As luck had it, their paths crossed and on 29th Nov 2015, we got Looped vs. Collins I. Looped was the more inexperienced fighter and it showed as Collins smashed his way to a nine second TKO win. Three punches, that was all it took. Looped will be hoping for a much different outcome this time round and we expect as much. Looped has the chance to redeem himself on the grandest stage of all. He has since gone on to improve his game tremendously winning fights via submission, KO and decision. He can defeat you in a number of ways. But then so can his opponent. Literally anything can happen in this fight folks. A first round knockout. A five round war. This is why we love mixed martial arts.
Dave's Prediction: Henry Collins via KO
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Write-up nearly done for SFU #9. Have had a lot of fun writing it but the fight card isn't complete yet. I guess that's why sometimes owners have to "spam with fight offers three days after fighting". An eight fight event is just bad for business. Personally I love seeing fight offers after fight offers. And given the choice of fighting once a week or once a month I'd choose the former. But that's just me and is probably part of the reason why my record doesn't look as good as some others. I guess everyone has their own favourite way of playing this game. Can't please them all!

Write-up nearly done for SFU #9. Have had a lot of fun writing it but the fight card isn't complete yet. I guess that's why sometimes owners have to "spam with fight offers three days after fighting". An eight fight event is just bad for business. Personally I love seeing fight offers after fight offers. And given the choice of fighting once a week or once a month I'd choose the former. But that's just me and is probably part of the reason why my record doesn't look as good as some others. I guess everyone has their own favourite way of playing this game. Can't please them all!

You respond to this passive aggressive crap I write in the forum, but don't respond to my serious requests via pm? :thumbup:

Taegym, I can live with you spamming fight offers. My problem with you is you're spamming offers and expecting teenaged fighters to fight a week after their last fights. But even more importantly, you spam fight offers and don't even bother to respond to my requests to honor my fighter's rest period. I'll ask you the same question I've asked you in my fight declines - do you even bother to read your fight offer return pms? Because you sure as heck haven't answered any of mine.

You respond to this passive aggressive crap I write in the forum, but don't respond to my serious requests via pm? :thumbup:

Taegym, I can live with you spamming fight offers. My problem with you is you're spamming offers and expecting teenaged fighters to fight a week after their last fights. But even more importantly, you spam fight offers and don't even bother to respond to my requests to honor my fighter's rest period. I'll ask you the same question I've asked you in my fight declines - do you even bother to read your fight offer return pms? Because you sure as heck haven't answered any of mine.

Mate - wrong person :P

But aye, switching to this one event every two weeks system has been working well for my two projects. 18yr olds aren't going get better fighting every week ;)

16/04/2016
Hard Knocks
London
WE. ARE. BACK. Dave Ashbourne here. Coming to you from Bali, Indonesia for this one. On the night of the 16th we will be in London and so should you folks. Machine Fight Gear is here. Champions and contenders are here. We are counting down to SFU #9 which will see the Middleweight Championship on the line for the first time since the defeat of its inaugural champion. We also have a lot of new faces with us that will be entering the SFU cage for the first time. Welcome to StrikeForce Union. And without further ado, let's take a look at the card:
Harry Winston vs Sergey Sklemin
Jonath Masvidal vs Jasper Jones
Karol Biernat vs Orjan Ank
Rory MacAskill vs Botond Robert
Bill Grady vs Angus Bryant
Jose Hernandez vs Juan Salazar
Crusher Breaker vs Spike Reaper
Ling Manchu vs Kenneth Ank
Norman Crowley vs Darren Crowley
Jacob Frye vs Roger Jackson
Jacob Frye (MMA 2-1-0 , SFU 2-0-0) vs Roger Jackson (MMA 1-2-0 , SFU 1-0-0)
Jacob Frye has the winning record. Roger Jackson has the losing record. But both fighters are yet to lose in StrikeForce Union competition. What's interesting about this fight is that Jacob Frye is dropping down a weight class. Both of his SFU fights have been at 185 but this fight will take place at 170lbs. We reached out to Frye's management team for an explanation on the change:
"Well the StrikeForce management reached out to me about Frye's future when he was closing in on the end of his current contract and talked about the lack of characters and star quality in the 170lbs division. The idea was for Frye to be the one to bring new life and hype in to the division the same way Peter Larsson has done at 205lbs. And after discussing it with my client we agreed. He doesn't care which weight class he takes the belt in first because he believes he will have both before the end of this year anyway"
A bold statement but not unachievable. However, Roger Jackson might have something to say about that. He came through his SFU debut in impressive fashion. He talked the talk before the fight and backed it up in the cage. We are only just beginning to see how nasty "Nasty" Roger Jackson can be. This is a great fight to start the night with and it really could go either way. We have Jackson with a late finish.
Dave's Prediction: Roger Jackson via Submission
Norman Crowley (MMA 1-0-0 , SFU 0-0-0) vs Darren Crowley (MMA 2-3-0 , SFU 2-2-0)
It's an all-Crowley affair. Norman from Derby. Darren from Manchester. The names may be similar but the fighting styles couldn't be more different as this is essentially a stand-up vs. ground fight with Darren likely to shoot for takedowns early. This will be Norman Crowley's first fight with the company and we have breaking news just coming in. This is Darren Crowley's last fight on his current contract deal and he has revealed that it will in fact be his last fight before retiring from mixed martial arts. Wow. We'll look to get a statement from him soon enough but for now, this fight is the beginning of an era and the end of an era. No doubt Darren Crowley will want to go out with a bang and a finish. Norman will be looking to spoil the party. He caught our scout's eye with a first round KO win in his debut. Darren was on the other end of a first round KO last time out at SFU #8. It is going to be an explosive fight and definitely one you will not want to miss.
Dave's Prediction: Norman Crowley via KO
Ling Manchu (MMA 9-24-0 , SFU 1-3-0) vs Kenneth Ank (MMA 4-7-0 , SFU 2-1-0)
It's Manchu vs. Ank III. The first two fights ended with an Ank victory but don't let that fool you, they were two very different fights. Manchu vs. Ank I was a blowout. Ank knocked out Manchu in the first round with a devastating head kick fit for the highlight reel. Two weeks later they did it again at SFU #6 and put on a performance of the night for the crowd that night. It looked like Kenneth Ank was on his way to a comfortable victory with a 10-8 round in the second. But then in the third and final round Ling Manchu got that all important takedown and with thirty seconds left in the fight, he was so close to having the kimura locked in and when it was clear the submission wasn't there, he became relentless with the ground and pound. But Kenneth Ank held on. And walked away a winner again. Maybe we will see a change in gameplan this time and we're not sure how they can live up to their last fight but there is a history here that has made this rivalry one of the most heated.
Dave's Prediction: Kenneth Ank via Decision
Crusher Breaker (MMA 9-14-0 , SFU 3-2-0) vs Spike Reaper (MMA 6-20-0 , SFU 0-4-0)
Spike Reaper hasn't won a fight for a very long time and has lost all four of his fights at SFU. In all four fights he did not make it past the first round. He's not fighting for glory any more, he is fighting to keep his job. It's the harsh reality of the fight business. Winners attract crowds and crowds attract money and money attracts owners and investors. If Reaper wants to continue to be a part of that then he needs to prove that he belongs on the big stage. He can draw inspiration from his opponent on this night. Crusher Breaker has lost more fights than he has won. He has had his share of losing streaks along the way. But he has incredible jiu-jitsu that has propelled him to nine submission wins over his career. His last such victory was his sweetest yet, picking up Submission of the Night at SFU #8. His opponent? None other than Spike Reaper. These two lie at the bottom of the Light Heavyweight division but Breaker is miles ahead of Reaper and we fully expect "Destroyer" to destroy his opponent here.
Dave's Prediction: Crusher Breaker via Submission
Jose Hernandez (MMA 4-6-0 , SFU 1-3-0) vs Juan Salazar (MMA 1-0-0 , SFU 0-0-0)
A late addition to the card but a very welcome addition. It's Spain vs. Mexico as Jose "Womanizer" Hernandez takes on SFU newcomer Juan "Revolution" Salazar. Hernandez is a great fighter but has just been lacking the cardio needed to hang with best. We saw this in his last fight where he dominated the first round but let it slowly slip away down the stretch. Salazar is one to watch. He is a wonderful wrestler and a great addition to the SFU roster. One fight. One first round knockout. There is plenty to see yet from the Mexican. Hernandez has been up against some of the the best fighters in the division in Magnus Looped and Jeff Roberts. We think he faces a superior opponent again here tonight. Credit to the Spaniard for not backing down but he may be biting off a little more than he can chew. Salazar is a bad man.
Dave's Prediction: Juan Salazar via KO
Bill Grady (MMA 2-0-0 , SFU 0-0-0) vs Angus Bryant (MMA 4-2-0 , SFU 3-2-0)
Bill Grady is first and foremost a wrestler, something he has been doing since his high school days. Then came the boxing. And then after watching his first MMA even on television, he made the decision there and then to pursue a career in the sport. Angus Bryant has been doing this for longer. The Scot recently made the move to a private gym nearer to SFU's base, reaffirming his commitment to the organisation. We heard that a third fight with Steve Lucas fell through and he finds himself up against a more formidable opponent instead. If he could make it three wins in a row here, he may just be able to put himself back into the title picture once more. But Bill Grady is also on a two fight win streak. And has never lost. And will do everything he can to win in his SFU debut. Grady jumped at this opportunity and will be looking to prove that he's not simply here to make up the numbers. But ultimately we believe Bryant's experience will be the difference in this one.
Dave's Prediction: Angus Bryant via Decision
Rory MacAskill (MMA 2-0-0 , SFU 1-0-0) vs Botond Robert (MMA 5-2-0 , SFU 2-2-0)
This is great matchmaking. Former champ Botond Robert has seen a little of his shine wear off recently with back-to-back losses but the Hungarian still demands a lot of respect within the MMA community. His two losses have come to the very two fighters fighting for the title tonight. So that's nothing to be ashamed about. But a third loss in a row would be the start of a big fall from the dizzying heights of being SFU's first ever champion. Rory MacAskill is what we call a sleeper. This kid is going places. Sleep on him and you may just miss one of the most talented young fighters in SFU today. Here he finds himself up against his toughest competition yet. Sometimes when a champion loses a few in a row, they find they become the gatekeeper. A test that the young up-and-comers need to go through before going on to bigger and better things with the title. A rite of passage. Well try telling Botond Robert that. He is going to try and stop MacAskill in his tracks. Stop the hype train. But that is easier said than done. This train is full steam ahead.
Dave's Prediction: Rory MacAskill via KO
Karol Beirnat (MMA 5-1-0 , SFU 0-0-0) vs Orjan Ank (MMA 5-6-0 , SFU 3-2-0)
Six fights in less than a month, Karol Beirnat is an absolute warrior. In a world where many fighters can be pampered and overprotected by their managers, Beirnat bucks the trend. Making his SFU debut, this will surely be a step up in competition for "The Phenomenal" from Poland. His sole loss came via submission. His opponent here has five victories to his name, all via submission. It's not an ideal match-up of styles but remember this is Karol Beirnat we are talking about, he just wants to fight.
Dave's Prediction: Karol Beirnat via KO
Jonath Masvidal (MMA 4-1-0 , SFU 1-0-0) vs Jasper Jones (MMA 4-1-0 , SFU 0-1-0)
Jasper Jones walked into SFU #8 as an undefeated contender. Humbled and knocked out in the first round, now some critics are calling him another victim of the hype brigade. The man that beat him? Jonath Masvidal. The man that he will face here at SFU #9? Jonath Masvidal. Jonath "The Truth" Masvidal is just that - the truth. It is true that he is remarkable at wrestling. It is true that he is on a two fight win streak. It is true that he won both of his fights in the famous APEX Cage Fighting organisation. It is true that all four of his wins have come via knockout. But it is also true that Jasper Jones has something that Masvidal does not and that is wonderful boxing skills. If Jones can take advantage of this, find his range and stay on the outside then we may have a different outcome this time round. Masvidal has the best knees in the business. Look it up, that's a real thing. And if he has his way in the clinch, Jasper Jones will find himself on the receiving end of another loss by the hands of Jonath Masivdal.
Dave's Prediction: Jonath Masvidal via KO
Harry Winston (MMA 4-0-0 , SFU 2-0-0) vs Sergey Sklemin (MMA 4-0-0 , SFU 2-0-0)
Quite simply put, this is the biggest fight in the history of StrikeForce Union. Just when you think SFU can't outdo itself, it brings together a fight like this. Fans went crazy when the news broke. There is no ducking here. Credit to the managers. No preferential treatment. Credit to the organisation owner Mr. Cambridge. What we have is the best putting on his gloves to fight the best. To determine who is truly the best after all. There can only be one folks. There have been rumours that the champion Winston is experiencing some financial difficulties. We have been told that at this time of writing, he owes a debt of $199.80 and cannot pay his bills at the gym. It's unbelievable to think that this kind of thing can happen today. Luckily for Winston, this fight is huge and so is the payday and opportunity that comes with it. This is the first defense of his belt and it's not going to be easy. Sergey Sklemin is a sensational boxer on his way to the top. Four fights. Four wins. Four knockouts. Four knockouts in the first round. It's perfection from the Russian. He knows what it takes to be a champion, having been so at the Red Star Fighting organisation. But he never had to go through Harry Winston before. One of these fighters is going to become a star here tonight. The other may face a downwards spiral the likes of former champion Botond Robert is up against. With so many other contenders looking to take your position at the top, this really is a do or die moment for both fighters. Celebrities will be cageside. Medics will be cageside. And so will the 185lbs Championship belt that they will put it all on the line for here tonight. The champ Harry "Opie" Winston. The contender Sergey "Sklema" Sklemin. WHO WINS?
Dave's Prediction: Sergey Sklemin via KO

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

30/04/2016

Hard Knocks, London

There are eight titles at StrikeForce Union, ranging from 135 lbs to 265+ lbs. On this night, to honour a special milestone for the organisation in its tenth event, SIX of these titles will be on the line. SIX of these titles will be up for grabs. Yes that's right. Six champions. Either new or retaining. Will be crowned at SFU #10. It's unprecedented and it's sure to blow the roof off of Hard Knocks on the night of the 30th. I'm Dave Ashbourne, and here is the fight card that every fighter wanted to be a part of. This momentous occasion is brought to you by Machine Fight Gear and is a thank you from SFU to the fans:

Henry Collins vs Otavio Madruga

Marcus Pereira vs Joe Johnson

Jimmy Riddle vs Dustin Kruger

Dmitry Boitsov vs Peter Larsson

Christian Battle vs Bob Brody

Remus Sala vs Miles Wilkins

Michael Myers vs Paul Starker

Noam Nystrom vs Sergio Diaz

Jackson Teller vs Grizzly Adams Jr

Len Clothwell vs Fedor Hunt

Len Clothwell (MMA 0-0-0 , SFU 0-0-0) vs Fedor Hunt (MMA 1-2-0 , SFU 0-0-0) | Super Heavyweight 265+ lbs

WELCOME. To SFU #10. It's the first fight of StrikeForce Union #10 and the first SFU fight for both of these fighters. A big welcome to the grand stage Len and Fedor. Ahead lies the opportunity to impress the owners and send a message on the biggest platform in SFU history. It's not all sunshine and roses however. There is the added pressure that comes with such a big event. The higher the pedestal, the further you fall. Now obviously a lot of fighters wanted to be on this card. Some may be wondering what Len Clothwell did to deserve his moment in the spotlight. Well our research department has been hard at work and we can tell you this. This Len Clothwell? Is one badass son of a gun folks. Don't be fooled by the lack of fights at the professional level. Videos have been surfacing online of Clothwell's wonderful boxing skills in action at the gym. Social media is abuzz with what Clothwell can do in a real fight. We hope Fedor Hunt hasn't been watching the same videos because he may decide to not turn up to the cage. We kid. Fedor Hunt is his own beast. "The Last Samoan" joins us from the internationally renowned Slaughterhouse FC organisation and is a proficient boxer in his own right. If that is not enough, Hunt can look to take the fight to the ground and display his superior jiu jitsu skills. Truth be told, there are a number of ways that Hunt can win this fight. If he manages to do so, it would be a great start to his SFU career. A lot of fighters like to pad their record with fights in the famous (albeit often not challenging) Quick Fighting Championships. Well not Fedor Hunt. He went toe-to-toe with some of the best in his previous organisation and now he will look to do the same with us here at StrikeForce Union. Good luck to both fighters, and may you have a long and successful career here at SFU!

Dave's Prediction: Fedor Hunt via Submission

Jackson Teller (MMA 6-1-0 , SFU 1-1-0) vs Grizzly Adams Jr (MMA 3-5-0 , SFU 0-2-0) | Heavyweight 265 lbs

Jackson Teller has an impressive record with six wins and only the one loss. Grizzly Adams Jr has an impressive resume having fought for the title at SFU #4 and just falling up short against Jimmy Riddle. It's a typical storyline of a fighter that has beaten weaker opponents against a fighter that has lost to stronger opponents. For one of these fighters, a victory here will push them right back into title contention and the top of the SFU rankings. Teller was humbled in his last fight. He walked into SFU #7 undefeated. It took Dustin Kruger just over one minute to dispose of him via strikes and a knockout. We spoke to Teller earlier in the week to discuss how he plans to bounce back from his first loss:

"Well even the best lose at some point, look at Fedor and Silva. And damn that Kruger he hit me hard. I've been in the gym pretty much 24/7. That loss opened my eyes to some things. My power can only take me so far and I plan on getting back to what I do best in my next fight."

It's always great to hear direct from the fighters (thanks to manager Jamie Coton for the access) and it sure does sound like Teller is ready to dominate his opponent. A dominant Teller is a scary Teller. A scary Teller is the best Teller. Grizzly Adams Jr will have to be at his very best to be in with a chance of winning here.

Dave's Prediction: Jackson Teller via Decision

Noam Nystrom (MMA 0-2-0 , SFU 0-0-0) vs Sergio Diaz (MMA 5-1-0 , SFU 1-0-0) | Featherweight 145 lbs

"I'm gonna grind you into the ground......" - Noam Nystrom. The fight has been made. The trash talking has commenced. Now it's time to take a look at these two featherweights. Diaz has been on fire since losing in his MMA debut. Winner of five straight, "Chico Malo" is surely a stone's throw away from a title shot. However, what he has here is a potential banana skin of a fight. Because Nystrom has lost both of his fights but he is far better than his record suggests. Noam Nystrom from Iceland is still trying to find out what he is best at. In his first fight, he looked for the takedown. In his second fight, he looked to engage in the clinch. Both strategies didn't pay off but once Nystrom gets it right, it's going to be very dangerous for his opponent. They are two teenagers with plenty of growth ahead of them. But to realise that potential, you have to win fights. And a win here at SFU #10 would be the perfect statement of intent.

Dave's Prediction: Sergio Diaz via Decision

Michael Myers (MMA 3-0-0 , SFU 1-0-0) vs Paul Starker (MMA 1-1-0 , SFU 1-1-0) | Heavyweight 265 lbs

Paul Starker is living the dream. He loves to fight and it's his job to fight. But Michael Myers is a nightmare. He has three victims to his name and a KO of the night in his last outing. This bout is for five rounds of five minutes and that could prove the difference. Michael Myers total fight time in three fights is an incredible 105 seconds. Whereas Paul Starker went the distance in his debut, a loss to Jackson Teller. If Starker can somehow manage to survive and take his opponent into the second round, it will be uncharted territory for the undefeated Myers. Myers' last fight in particular was a bloody war. He was cut early. Then he cut his opponent Grizzly Adams Jr and an all out brawl followed until Adams hit the canvas soon after. Here's a guy that's not afraid to get in close and fight in the trenches.

Dave's Prediction: Michael Myers via KO

Remus Sala (MMA 3-0-0 , SFU 2-0-0) vs Miles Wilkins (MMA 0-1-0 , SFU 0-1-0) | Bantamweight 135 lbs

It is the first of our SIX title fights at StrikeForce Union #10. And it's a chance for Miles Wilkins to redeem himself. The last time these two fighters met in the cage, they were not fighting for the belt. Tonight. It is all on the line. Sala is the favourite. There's no doubt about it. But this is not the same fight. The belt changes a fighter. Becoming a champion. Changes a fighter. When Miles Wilkins walks into that cage on the 30th, he knows that he can make all the mistakes, all the pain, go away. That is the power of a championship belt around your waist. Remus Sala on the other hand, does not care about your improvement. Sala is so dangerous. He is the better boxer. The better wrestler. And just as good in muay thai and jiu jitsu. In his SFU debut, he beat Jeremy Hammond senseless. He beat him so bad, Hammond announced his retirement shortly after. Remus Sala doesn't just beat people. He retires them.

Dave's Prediction: Remus Sala via KO

Christian Battle (MMA 5-2-0 , SFU 1-0-0) vs Bob Brody (MMA 3-1-0 , SFU 0-0-0) | Featherweight 145 lbs

All set to make his debut for the organisation at SFU #7, Bob Brody failed to make weight against Curtis Ruttenum and a no contest was declared. In a strange twist, that lack of professionalism may prove to have been a blessing in disguise. Because now he finds himself in a fight with much higher stakes as part of a much bigger event. Nobody should be surprised by this. Nicknamed "Da Raw Dawg Hippy Hoppa" Brody is well aware he's not taking part in a popularity contest.

Dave's Prediction: Christian Battle via Submission

Dmitry Boitsov (MMA 3-0-0 , SFU 3-0-0) vs Peter Larsson (MMA 5-0-0 , SFU 3-0-0) | Light Heavyweight 205 lbs

You won't find any losers here. Eight fights between them and they always end with their hands being raised in victory. Dmitry Boitsov. Peter Larsson. Two of the very best. Boitsov is the submission specialist that has finished every single one of his fights by getting his opponent to tap. Larsson is the wonderful boxer that has finished every single one of his fights by putting his opponent to sleep. Something has to give but it's anyone's guess what happens here. It doesn't feel right to pick against either of these fighters. Let's delve deeper into the numbers. Larsson has a huge height advantage at 16cm taller. This could work against him however as it tends to make an opponent easier to take down. Boitsov is the higher ranked fighter with his best rank at 2863 to Larsson's 3869 in the pound for pound world rankings. Boitsov is the elder at 27 to Larsson's 20. Why then, do we believe Peter Larsson will win this fight and walk away the new champion? Because he is one of the best fighters to have ever stepped into the SFU cage. That's why. And on the night of the 30th at SFU #10, thousands of fans will learn why this is true. The champ is the underdog. That in itself is a testament to Peter Larsson's strength and abilities.

Dave's Prediction: Peter Larsson via KO

Jimmy Riddle (MMA 6-0-0 , SFU 3-0-0) vs Dustin Kruger (MMA 4-0-0 , SFU 2-0-0) | Heavyweight 265 lbs

We are running out of superlatives at this point. If Tina Turner was cageside you just know what she would be saying. Simply the best. Because that's what this fight is. Other Tina Turner songs that can be used to describe this incredible match-up? "Hot Legs" because both fighters have wonderful muay thai skills in this bout. "Don't Turn Around" because both fighters are blue belts and if they take their opponent's back, they are capable of getting the submission finish. And last but certainly not least, "Missing You" because Jimmy Riddle went for the clinch thirty four times in his last fight, a title fight, but was only successful in three of those attempts. He kept missing. Now that we have the Tina Turner references out of the way, let's see what makes these two fighters so special. We know about Kruger's rugby background. We know that Jimmy Riddle already has a Fight of the Night and a KO of the Night award. But this isn't the first time Dustin Kruger has faced an impressive and undefeated fighter. The scene was SFU #7. The opponent was 6-0-0 Paul Starker. The result was a first round knockout victory for Kruger. Jimmy Riddle is also an impressive undefeated fighter. But Dustin Kruger has been through this before. He will not be intimidated. He will be the next SFU Heavyweight champion.

Dave's Prediction: Dustin Kruger via KO

Marcus Pereira (MMA 7-0-0 , SFU 2-0-0) vs Joe Johnson (MMA 2-1-0 , SFU 0-0-0) | Super Heavyweight 265+ lbs

Legend is a term thrown around very loosely nowadays. But it wouldn't be amiss next to Marcus "Gordura" Pereira. The man. The legend. All 324lbs of the Brazilian. Nobody has been able to stop him. Nobody has come close to stopping him. Nobody has even come close to not being stopped by him. Seven first round finishes in seven fights. We have seen the kimura. The rear naked choke. Armbar and triangle on his way to two Submission of the Night awards. As a writer, we are supposed to be impartial. But Marcus Pereira is as dominant as they come. Enter "Fat" Joe Johnson. Finally a worthy opponent for Pereira. It's no secret that the Super Heavyweight division at SFU is a little thin. We believe Pereira is partly responsible for this. After all, who in their right mind would want to get in the cage with this man? Joe Johnson wants to. That's who. Johnson is a modern day mixed martial artist with skills in all of the right places and no glaring weaknesses. His boxing is better than Pereira's. His muay thai is better than Pereira's. And he's no slouch on the ground either. With the right tactics, Johnson can win this fight. If Johnson does pull off the upset, we won't be talking about Pereira the legend. It will be Pereira the myth.

Dave's Prediction: Marcus Pereira via Submission

Henry Collins (MMA 6-1-0 , SFU 2-0-0) vs Otavio Madruga (MMA 3-0-0 , SFU 2-0-0) | Welterweight 170 lbs

Otavio Madruga's manager Mr Donald Canmore had previously tried to downplay his fighter's chances of becoming a superstar this early on in his career. He is, after all, only nineteen years old in a division of far more experienced fighters. Canmore is going to have a difficult time preventing the hype from building for this one. Because whereas some dream of fighting at StrikeForce Union. And others dream of main eventing at StrikeForce Union possibly for a title. Henry Collins and Otavio Madruga are the highlight. The main event. Of the biggest and most outstanding card in the history of this organisation. Henry "Grinder" Collins won the title at SFU #5 in 23 seconds. He is a two-time Champion having won the belt at Red Star Fighting before becoming our champion.

Dave's Prediction: Henry Collins via Decision

• Upvote 2

30/04/2016
Hard Knocks, London
Noam Nystrom (MMA 0-2-0 , SFU 0-0-0) vs Sergio Diaz (MMA 5-1-0 , SFU 1-0-0) | Featherweight 145 lbs
"I'm gonna grind you into the ground......" - Noam Nystrom. The fight has been made. The trash talking has commenced. Now it's time to take a look at these two featherweights. Diaz has been on fire since losing in his MMA debut. Winner of five straight, "Chico Malo" is surely a stone's throw away from a title shot. However, what he has here is a potential banana skin of a fight. Because Nystrom has lost both of his fights but he is far better than his record suggests. Noam Nystrom from Iceland is still trying to find out what he is best at. In his first fight, he looked for the takedown. In his second fight, he looked to engage in the clinch. Both strategies didn't pay off but once Nystrom gets it right, it's going to be very dangerous for his opponent. They are two teenagers with plenty of growth ahead of them. But to realise that potential, you have to win fights. And a win here at SFU #10 would be the perfect statement of intent.
Dave's Prediction: Sergio Diaz via Decision

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14542052653581.jpg

Sergio "Chico Malo" Diaz (285000)

What smack talk? He can try to grind me but while he is trying to put the crowd to sleep, i'm gonna make that puta cry like a bitch!

I hope the referee is a good one, because if he isn't quick enough i am gonna take a limb home with me. Órale!