MMATycoon re-boot

JLP

With so many veteran managers leaving lately and so many half-assing it now, I think it's time to seriously consider a re-boot/tycoon 2.0. I feel that the game has pretty much stagnated and become a rather tedious churn type game. With a reboot some of the problems that have kind of compounded can be addressed and a fresh, even start can be given.

With that in mind, here are the changes I would recommend;

1. The engine I would make a few slight tweaks. I would increase gnp efficiency and have it reset the stand up ticker more effectively. A slight downgrade to escapes, they seem a little too powerful right now. I would also recommend getting rid of the predict page. It seems to only be effective for a striker defending takedowns and then its overpowered. I would also balance a little more to counter, right now aggression seems to be way more effective.

2. Physicals I've always thought it was backwards that learning speed for skills peaks early and then goes down but physicals learning is static throughout a fighters career. I think physicals should gain fast early then taper off in the mid to late 20s. In your 30s, you just do physicals to maintain what you have. I'd also like to see a separate cap for skills and physicals. Both should be random like it is now. It would make a manager make choices for his fighters physical development that we dont have now. A new start-up hiddens can also be made (fighter is a good athlete or stronger than average or has better cardio than average). I'd like skills learning speed to be pretty consistent throughout a fighters career. I think that much more simulates real life mma.

3. New Primes and skills I wouldnt go overboard here, just add Judo and Karate for new primes. Judo would take precedence in the clinch and work with the two new clinch skills i would add, clinch tdd and clinch TD (trips and throws). Karate I would have take precedence in striking D and provide a bonus for kicks and going on the counter. This is probably the part that will take a lot of debating, but spreading out the points will be a good thing no matter what.

4. Org matters Fix the PPV returns and dampen the org profit machine. We've had the top orgs be pretty stagnant for the last 3 years or so. Also do away with the 1003 max rating and implement a new ratings system. This is the area I can speak about the least as numbers have never been my thing. Finances are beyond broken and impossible to fix at this point.

5. Free Agency We should really implement a limit on FA pickups much like is done with releasing fighters or even have a hard 2 a month cap. It's probably the most unbalanced part of the game right now with the top 10 or so managers having a monopoly on any FA coming through. I know how to build fighters and the managers who farm that FA list would literally keep maybe 2-3 of my guys over their developed fighters they have right now. If you get into that top ten and just farm the FA list you can end up with 10-15 A level fighters and pretty much be a favorite in 90% of your fights. It's all completely with in the current game structure and definitely not cheating, but i feel at this point that the roster disparity generated by FA farming is compounding itself week by week.

6. Cities Cut way back on the # of cities or abolish travel. Besides changing your fighters t-shirt every day, travel is the most tedious and least interesting part of the game. No one would miss it.

I doubt that we actually do a re-boot, but I feel like it would re-invigorate the game to the golden days. I believe many managers would return to take part and at least see how the new changes would work. Best way to implement it would be to lock new creations in the current game at some date and only allow new fighters/orgs/gyms/etc to be created in the new world. The current tycoon world would continue on for a certain amount of time and be allowed to fade away (i'd like to see the database preserved for historical reference, not sure how feasible that is).

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 9

Why do we need a tycoon number 2 to do all this?

It's hardly a lot, could just be an update.

I don't agree with Karate and Judo primaries lmao, just over complicates things and I'm sure down the line it'd be something more for you to complain about.

A few of my suggestions are things Mike has said he'd like to do but couldnt just implement them in game in an update because it would be too difficult. A re-boot would allow it to be from the start and avoid any unbalancing like what happened with trans/escapes being added. It would also remove the huge amount of money from the game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

A few of my suggestions are things Mike has said he'd like to do but couldnt just implement them in game in an update because it would be too difficult. A re-boot would allow it to be from the start and avoid any unbalancing like what happened with trans/escapes being added. It would also remove the huge amount of money from the game.

While, surely a reset is inevitable ONE DAY. I don't see it being anytime soon, for now I know Mike is busy with real life, as are you with a child on the way. He is also busy with mmatips and an abundance of updates he told people to bump after buzz is up and running.

Also this thread is surely an improvement idea and therefore should be situated in the right place.

If people have left, then they have left and they can return anytime they want. The game continues, it waits on no manager.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I don't think it's time for a re-boot yet. I haven't been yet nr 1 or have a fighter on top 10 :).

On a more serious note I think the game is still in work and some upgrades are sure to follow in the near future to make the game more complex.

Also the slider prediction should remain, but it should be twicked. If you mess too much of your prediction your fighter should get confused and get hit more often and harder + get taken down more often then now. You can't go if your a striker vs a mma, in every aspect, just 100 takedown prediction so the fight would stay on the feet where you have a slight advatage.

On the same notice there are fighters that go 100% takedowns and they win fights this way even if I have let's say 12 balance, 14 takedown def, and I put prediction 100% takedown knowing for sure that is his game plan, I still get taken down and get submitted. I don't mind if they mix it up, 1 punch, 1 kick, 1 takedown and I get taken down. But if they charge like a bull and you know that before the fight it should be easy to stop and counter him.

• Upvote 1

I don't think it's time for a re-boot yet. I haven't been yet nr 1 or have a fighter on top 10 :).

On a more serious note I think the game is still in work and some upgrades are sure to follow in the near future to make the game more complex.

Also the slider prediction should remain, but it should be twicked. If you mess too much of your prediction your fighter should get confused and get hit more often and harder + get taken down more often then now. You can't go if your a striker vs a mma, in every aspect, just 100 takedown prediction so the fight would stay on the feet where you have a slight advatage.

On the same notice there are fighters that go 100% takedowns and they win fights this way even if I have let's say 12 balance, 14 takedown def, and I put prediction 100% takedown knowing for sure that is his game plan, I still get taken down and get submitted. I don't mind if they mix it up, 1 punch, 1 kick, 1 takedown and I get taken down. But if they charge like a bull and you know that before the fight it should be easy to stop and counter him.

There should be an option to remove the predictions you set

• Upvote 2

i have thought about a reboot or start over some times but then again I think it would lead to losing more members -- those who have been around a long time and worked hard to get what they have will likely quit it having to start all over -- on other changes like fight engine and adding more primaries i think it could be done without a total reboot or start over

• Upvote 6

If y'all want a reboot... fine, but I think the formula is too well known. The top guys will rise to the top... just as long as I don't lose fighter sluts. And if we do a reboot we need vampires.

• Downvote 1

i agree that this game needs something new. i agree that physicals are unrealistic and great athletisism (lol too hard word) should be more important hidden. those jon jones type of athletes are once in a generation but here in tycoon every fighter is physically equal. there should be peak in physicals and then natural decline like in real life.

mike needs to do something big to get people to return and active managers who are tired of the game to find the passion again (im one of them).

• Upvote 4

i have thought about a reboot or start over some times but then again I think it would lead to losing more members -- those who have been around a long time and worked hard to get what they have will likely quit it having to start all over -- on other changes like fight engine and adding more primaries i think it could be done without a total reboot or start over

i think many would threaten to leave, but wouldn't. It would be a lot like when tickers were added.

At this point in time we are all pretty much equal. I would say most that have been playing for over a year or two have more money then they can ever spend without buying a bunch of jets or VIP. If you havent been playing for a couple years you'll never catch up anyway.

I'm not saying the re-boot should happen tomorrow or even in the next 6 months, but I think it should be a goal mike would be working for in the background. I also am not advocating just killing the current game, just letting it die off as the fighters age.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

To make old managers interested in restarting the time to get back to the top level has to be shorter. That's imo is the biggest problem for vets. They don't want to start all over again. They want new fighters and they will work for them but not for 2 years like it is now. It's completely ridiculous that a top 10 managers goes back to fighting newbies for 1.5 years before they can continue smashing at the top again. It's too long. So how do we fix it? I don't have an answer but I'd bet money on that if it took something like 6 months up to perhaps a year to get new prospects up to the same level of fighting the managers where at before, a lot more of them would stay.

• Upvote 1

To make old managers interested in restarting the time to get back to the top level has to be shorter. That's imo is the biggest problem for vets. They don't want to start all over again. They want new fighters and they will work for them but not for 2 years like it is now. It's completely ridiculous that a top 10 managers goes back to fighting newbies for 1.5 years before they can continue smashing at the top again. It's too long. So how do we fix it? I don't have an answer but I'd bet money on that if it took something like 6 months up to perhaps a year to get new prospects up to the same level of fighting the managers where at before, a lot more of them would stay.

Everyone would start out the same, so whoever was good early would be the top guys. Who is the best is relative to the other fighters they are competing against. Back in the early days the top guys were like wonderful/superb/strong/blue and shit like that. Eventually we'll get back to the current level, but none of this triple elite/brown shit we have now. Even without the new primes it would be great if a top end fighter would end up sens/wonderful/remarkable/brown and have one or two sens/elite physicals and the rest in the wonderful or exceptional range.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I dont know how I would feel about a reboot. I have a bunch of new guys going right now, that I hope will make my next run at the top. I do like the sound of the changes, so would be something to think about.

Ideally it would be separate, meaning another world basically and the current one would slowly die as people move over to 2.0. I do agree that for mike to attract more players the game needs to be faster as far as building fighters and renewing rosters. 1.5 to 2 years is too long to only get a year or 2 out of them before they degrade.

I really figured mike was semi testing the idea when he made the island.

Well, if this happens I don't foresee myself trying my hand at an org again, I already put a lot of time, effort and even some money into running my current one, I'd likely just stick with a roster of fighters.

This may not be popular but: I always thought that having maybe 3 or 4 computer ran orgs might be fun. Meaning you have low tier, mid and high. You auto get moved to higher org once fighter hype reaches a certain level. No fight ducking, computer match highest hypes to fight.

Takes part of the tycoon out of it but.... there could be other business's instead

• Upvote 2

Well, if this happens I don't foresee myself trying my hand at an org again, I already put a lot of time, effort and even some money into running my current one, I'd likely just stick with a roster of fighters.

Yeah same I wouldn't start a new org and would think seriously about continuing to play if this reboot happened.

This makes no sense to me, are you saying the lower levels of the game are irrelevant? If you are then what a great advert for the game that is. Your saying everyone would enjoy being put back on level pegs starting from nothing? I highly doubt that. The guys at the top now ate their because they earned it,if other people want to get there they will have to earn it too,I personally think everything would take a turn for the worse if everyone got reset, managers leave and managers join that's the way if the game, rseeing to zero would just mean all the top end managers now would essentially be crushing cans for years until we where back to where we are now, slider knowledge would account for that just because everyone's skills would reset wouldn't make us equal

• Upvote 2

Maybe he could try opening a new x3 Tycoon server where everything is going three times faster? Tycoon year - 1 month, training is 3x boosted, energy replenishment - 3x boosted... That would be fun :)

Add in the fact that primaries are based off of the secondaries, as an additional game, not as a new one. I'd be interested.

Yea, kinda as above. I just think it's valid to address that not everyone has maxed out yet and what you're suggesting with a full reset is pulling the rug from those players. It's not my call and maybe if it'll keep the majority of the players then it would be a good idea, I don't think I'd quit over this if it happened but it's be a bit of a downer considering what I've got going and I'd be a lot more conservative in how I spend money on MMA Tycoon 2.0.