Fighter of the week profile

bjornmma1

I just want to point out that so far it have been top level fighters, but that is also because mostlly the entries are all top level fighters. If you have a lower level fighter, but who had a spectacular finish/fight or a cool rivalry, don't be shy and send me a PM with their details. It doesn't have to be a top level fighter. If I get 4 top level fighter entries, but with not a great win in that last week, vs one lower level guy with an amazing finish, you can count on me awarding the lower level guy FOTW honors.

Fighter of the week

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13976539209288.png

"The Giant With Attitude" Jon Hess

The fighter of this week is not just a huge name, but also a huge fighter! John Hess is one of the household names of the sport and is nothing short of a legend. When I started playing the game, I heard from a lot of managers that Hess is a great fighter. I followed his career and have been amazed. He is such a cool fighter and is possibly my favorite fighter in MMA Tycoon.

John Hess started his career under the management of the famous Choose Life, also known as Mannetosen. KT seemed the most interesting sport for the young Hess and he had his first pro fight at the age of 18. He showed a great chin and awesome KO power in his first fight. His 17 first fights were all KT fights and he has an amazing 15-2 record in those fights. At the age of 23, Hess made the transition to MMA as he wanted to find out how it felt to smash people's skulls in with small gloves. He only needed 1'30 to completely destroy his opponent. He would take two more fights before signing a contract at Dominance. After winning his first 3 fights, he was awarded the title shot against the legendary Bo Juggernaut. The world was shocked after the fight, as John Hess only needed 2'33 to put the top fighter away. A huge performance that was that cemented his status as a top fighter. After winning his first title defense, he was sceduled to fight MMA Tycoon HOF'er Dustin Douglas. Just short of 4 minutes and the fight was over, another elite level win for Hess. After that, he did the same thing to James Bomb. After a loss against the ultratough Brick Tires, Mannetosen and John Hess decided that split ways.

Captain Spaulding was a very happy man when he found that out and was very happy to add John Hess to his roster of fighters. He had a bit of a shaky start at the start of his career with him, but has been nothing short of a destroyer again lately. He fought for the HW title at Ascension in his debut and won the fight against Tarmo Hovi, but he losts it in his first title defense by getting beaten by Bo Juggernaut. Hess had a bit of problems in his next 3 fights, but is on a 6 fight winning streak now and seems unstoppable! One of those wins is a big win over Bo Juggernaut. He is 2-1 agains the other legend now. That win secured him a new title shot against Sergey Chernov. It was a rematch as Hess had already encountered him earlier in his career. Sergey won the first fight, but this time Hess was determined not to see that happen again.

What followed was nothing but brutal! Hess only needed 1'46 to take out Chernov in dominating fashion. He rocked him early on with an uppercut and a bit later John threw a perfectly timed right hook that absolutely destroyed Chernov and put him out cold.

John Hess has a 100% finishing rate and has thunderous KO-power. Every time he wins, more jaws drop than a lamborghini makes girls' panties drop!

-Written by Bjorn O'Donnel -

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...

I am very sorry guys, and gutted, but I don't think I can do FOTW anymore. Real life is getting very very busy and it's becoming impossible for me to find the time to write good stuff :s

I try to help out the game by making small updates on the FB page frequently and hope that that contribution to the game is helping.

• Upvote 2

For whoever keeps this going, I think it would be kind of nice to do a spin off of older less know fighters that were beasts in their day. Kind of relive some history. Everyone has heard of the greats, but there are a lot of fighters that were very good, that people dont know about now. An example would be some one like this. http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=25622 If I could write better I would do it myself.

• Upvote 2

For whoever keeps this going, I think it would be kind of nice to do a spin off of older less know fighters that were beasts in their day. Kind of relive some history. Everyone has heard of the greats, but there are a lot of fighters that were very good, that people dont know about now. An example would be some one like this. http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=25622 If I could write better I would do it myself.

Raz was a monster in his time. The Raz vs Tonal fight was probably the highest anticipated fight in our history at the time. Raz was 18-0 at that moment and Tonal just won the Millionaire tourney.

• Upvote 2

Great idea man. I have been here since 2009 so I miss all those old beats that ruled back in the day. They get really over-looked now and not very recognized like they deserve to be.

Since Bjorn GAVE ME PERMISSION, I will take over and do my best to fulfill Bjorn's writing shoes.

Send me messages explaining which fighter you vote for! If it is a legend fighter he doesn't have to have fought in the last week, it's an exception! :)

Bradley Burns (1540)

Great idea man. I have been here since 2009 so I miss all those old beats that ruled back in the day. They get really over-looked now and not very recognized like they deserve to be.

Since Bjorn GAVE ME PERMISSION, I will take over and do my best to fulfill Bjorn's writing shoes.

Send me messages explaining which fighter you vote for! If it is a legend fighter he doesn't have to have fought in the last week, it's an exception! :)

Bradley Burns (1540)

1+ for keeping this going

• Upvote 1

I will not limit it to 1 fighter a week, I will try to do these whenever I have a chance and give more fighters write-ups.

I think my first one will be on the P4P King, who is retiring tomorrow

Leonardo "Voodoo Child" Ferreira (168852)

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13979868424403.png

On October 3rd, At EVO 200, Leonardo Ferreira will defend his Long time #1 P4P status against Rinky Spider in their trilogy bout. Leo has stated that win or lose, he will be retiring to the Bahama's for good to enjoy himself. As a fan of "Voodoo Child" it will be sad to see him leave the sport at age 33, but his manager Dean Sutherland has stated numerous times Leo is ready to retire, he has accomplished everything and anything and has no more to prove, which we all should agree on. A legendary career comes to an end, but his legacy will never be forgotten.

Starting his career under the management of Choose Life (3393), Leo lost his debut by KO, but displayed a good chin in defeat. He went on to have a 3-4 record to start his career until he signed with EMMA, he won 10 straight fights by KO/TKO making 6 Title defenses. He vacated his Title and lost a fight with Anderson McGinley by decision. Leo got straight back on track with 6 straight wins and won the HEROIC Title, beating names such as Willy Stoppers, Gun Slinga. He was released by his management after he lost 2 of 4 fights, one being to Rinky Spider, and the other, a loss to Shavo Odin which he redeemed shortly after in clear fashion.

This is where it all changed for Leo, Dean Sutherland picked him up and gave him a great game-plan and his KO power and chin seemed to become invincible. He cleared 5 straight KO victories in EVO and CEC against names such as Brick Tires, Simon Williams & Daniel Silva. Leo would only face 1 defeat under Dean's management, in a Fight Of The Century candidate against CEC Long time Champion Rocky Tyson. Leo would quickly recover from the loss and came back to defeat both Rinky Spider and Rocky Tyson to redeem those 2 losses.

Leo defended his EVO Title 4 times before vacating it. He knocked out undefeated Rocky McColgan, and also beat world class fighter Varg Veide in a 5 round thriller. Leo then traveled to Syn' for a Superfight with Syn' HW Champion Chick Bowdrie. Leo Knocked out Bowdrie in under 3 minutes, setting up his retirement fight with Rinky Spider at EVO 200, possibly the biggest event in Tycoon history.

Leonardo Ferreira, the legend will live on, win or lose in his Final great fight, be sure to tune into that one.

• Upvote 8

This is my first time reading this thread and I gotta say bjorn did a great job and Bradley has picked things up very nicely.

These write ups no doubt have the ability to motivate new guys like me to create and train the next HOF caliber fighter...Thanks for the time you guys put into this, greatly appreciated by many I'm sure.

• Upvote 2