This will be fun

Trump2020

I really don't want to pass judgement on Swagger until he steps in there. Bobby Lashley would be a good choice in that tournament, and Jake is a beast of a wrestler like lashley. Can he take a punch does he have punching power can he handle the ground game? all un answered but I think he would beat a washed up undersized Sonnen tbh.

I really don't want to pass judgement on Swagger until he steps in there. Bobby Lashley would be a good choice in that tournament, and Jake is a beast of a wrestler like lashley. Can he take a punch does he have punching power can he handle the ground game? all un answered but I think he would beat a washed up undersized Sonnen tbh.

I might have been exagerating a little, but still, Sonnen has 20 years experience and at least a functional striking and grappling game. Swagger isn't exactly a freak athlete like Lesnar, and probably not an athlete like Lashley either. And those two made their debut when they were 5 years younger than Swagger. And he has a lot more wear and tear. Lesnar and Lashey did profesional wrestling for respectively 7 and 4 years before making the switch. Swagger did 11 years and all the collegiate wrestling years on top of that. I wouldn't count on much

Opening odds: TBA has better odds to win Bellator tourney than 'King Mo,' Sonnen, 'Rampage'

And here’s an interesting tidbit: “The field” – or, a fighter not currently in the group of eight – has better odds to win the tournament than three of the announced participants.

Veteran MMA oddsmaker Joey Oddessa recently posted the lines for the full tournament field, which includes four heavyweights: former PRIDE champion Fedor Emelianenko (36-5 MMA, 0-1 BMMA), two-time former UFC titleholder Frank Mir (18-11 MMA, 0-0 BMMA), Matt Mitrione (12-5 MMA, 3-0 BMMA) and Roy Nelson (23-14 MMA, 1-0 BMMA). Additionally, at light heavyweight, we have current Bellator 205-pound champ Ryan Bader (24-5 MMA, 2-0 BMMA), former UFC titleholder Quinton Jackson (37-12 MMA, 4-1 BMMA), ex-Strikeforce champ Muhammed Lawal (21-6 MMA, 10-4 BMMA) and multi-time UFC title challenger Chael Sonnen (29-15-1 MMA, 1-1 BMMA).

Here are the odds via Oddessa, listed from best to worst (via Twitter):

1. Mitrione +200
  2. Bader +260
  3. Mir +380
  4. Nelson +500
  5. Emelianenko +500
  6. Field (any other fighter) +1000
  7. Sonnen +1200
  8. Lawal +1200
  9. Jackson +1500

"The Field" is a nice bet to put a flyer on.

Lawal got a really bad matchup, Sonnen is a shot middleweight, Rampage is a shot obese light heavyweight

Lawal is still a great fighter I think he might make it out the first round of the tournament. Sonnen is a mw, but he's quick and quite strong. Rampage has no motivation so I agree about him.

Lawal is still a great fighter I think he might make it out the first round of the tournament. Sonnen is a mw, but he's quick and quite strong. Rampage has no motivation so I agree about him.

He's fighting Bader though, and quite frankly I don't see how he beats him. Bader has the better boxing, power and cardio. Lawal might still be the better technical wrestler, but with Baders atlethic and weightadvantage, I can't see him putting it to use consistently. If he beats Bader he has a great shot though

He's fighting Bader though, and quite frankly I don't see how he beats him. Bader has the better boxing, power and cardio. Lawal might still be the better technical wrestler, but with Baders atlethic and weightadvantage, I can't see him putting it to use consistently. If he beats Bader he has a great shot though

Bader is a better wrestler than Lawal as well. 3 time NCAA champion vs a 1 time NCAA Champion. A 2 time All-American vs a 1 time All-American. Also people forget Bader has a purple belt in bjj so he actually trains it to even out his game, while Lawal doesn't have a belt there at all. So Bader has him beat everywhere.

Bader is a better wrestler than Lawal as well. 3 time NCAA champion vs a 1 time NCAA Champion. A 2 time All-American vs a 1 time All-American. Also people forget Bader has a purple belt in bjj so he actually trains it to even out his game, while Lawal doesn't have a belt there at all. So Bader has him beat everywhere.

and Bader is taller. You're right guys.

• Upvote 1