It is a sad day for America

SteelPenn

I don't watch any rt.

What did I say that was wrong? Yanukovych was elected president in 2010. There was a coup that was backed by the U.S. And the eu. Crimeans, who are mostly ethnic Russians (Crimea was long a Russian area, Stalin placed it under Ukrainian control) voted to leave in a referendum.

are you retarded or what?

How can someone who fought so fucking hard for independence decide to get back to being dependant in less than 24 hours?

The whole point of Crimean coup was to get away from ukraine and form an independant state, once they did in their "referendum" which was absolutely legal and well monitored and no fraud at all, like everything in eastern europe, they spent 1 hour independant and said, you know what, this sucks, let's get back to russia!

Now if this doesn't seem fishy for you i don't know what is.

I totally get it that you're not from here and don't have a slightest clue about the corruption in here, but trust me, it's huge.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

How can someone who fought so fucking hard for independence decide to get back to being dependant in less than 24 hours?

The whole point of Crimean coup was to get away from ukraine and form an independant state, once they did in their "referendum" which was absolutely legal and well monitored and no fraud at all, like everything in eastern europe, they spent 1 hour independant and said, you know what, this sucks, let's get back to russia!

I totally get it that you're not from here and don't have a slightest clue about the corruption in here, but trust me, it's huge.

I dont know if it is intentional or not but you seem to be implying that it was the crimeans themselves who overthrew Ukranian forces in crimea and won independence. Everyone knows it was little green men, aka Russian special forces.

And please stop using the word coup, I hate seeing it used so incorrectly.

I dont know if it is intentional or not but you seem to be implying that it was the crimeans themselves who overthrew Ukranian forces in crimea and won independence. Everyone knows it was little green men, aka Russian special forces.

I wansn't implying that. To be honest most crimeans got thrown out once Russia stepped in. The whole vote was so rigged it's even laughable that some people think it was legit.

How can 123% of Crimea vote in a referendum? How can people with russian passports vote? I couldn't vote in USA' election with my passport, yet virtually everyone had a chance to vote there.

I saw people love literature so heres some:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidadesnik/2014/03/18/how-russia-rigged-crimean-referendum/#6e9e97a77f63

http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2014/05/06/fraudulent-crimean-referendum-exposed/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimean_status_referendum,_2014#Allegations_of_fraud

I wansn't implying that. To be honest most crimeans got thrown out once Russia stepped in. The whole vote was so rigged it's even laughable that some people think it was legit.

How can 123% of Crimea vote in a referendum? How can people with russian passports vote? I couldn't vote in USA' election with my passport, yet virtually everyone had a chance to vote there.

I saw people love literature so heres some:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidadesnik/2014/03/18/how-russia-rigged-crimean-referendum/#6e9e97a77f63

http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2014/05/06/fraudulent-crimean-referendum-exposed/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimean_status_referendum,_2014#Allegations_of_fraud

I'm not sure a referendum wouldn't have passed it it had been totally fair, it probably would have to be honest. However, a margin of 95% which I believe was the official number is simply laughable.

It was definitely a coup. Violence was used to remove an elected government from power, that's a coup. Even the impeachment that was done after the president fled was done illegally according to Ukrainian law.

The word coup implies it was carried out by the military or part of the state apparatus. The definition you are giving is way too broad.

I'm not sure a referendum wouldn't have passed it it had been totally fair, it probably would have to be honest. However, a margin of 95% which I believe was the official number is simply laughable.

It probably would've because of the number of ethnic russians living there, but absolutely not 95%, 55-60% tops.

I think Russians who are the majority in Crimea probably had some motivation to get out and vote themselves out of the Ukraine. I can see them being very frightened by a coup against a ethnic Russian president by hard right Ukrainian nationalists. Fear is a great motivator.

• Downvote 1

I think Russians who are the majority in Crimea probably had some motivation to get out and vote themselves out of the Ukraine. I can see them being very frightened by a coup against a ethnic Russian president by hard right Ukrainian nationalists. Fear is a great motivator.

It may seem like semantics but as someone who has seen firsthand both protest movements very similar to Maidan protests and an actual coup, believe me, the difference is night and day.

Wanst intentional at all happened just by a chance. Come on how stupid are you?

Step 1: Re-read what I wrote

Step 2: Re-read the post I quoted

Step 3: Try again

I dont know how to explain it to you but things like that doesnt happen by a chance.

I am not certain why some of you people think Russia captured or forged the voting in Crimea. The majority of Crimea is Russian, officially around 65-70%. Only around 15% is Ukrainian and the rest are minority groups such as Tatar's who wanted to re-unite with Russia. I did say re-unite because officially Crimea was a part of Russia and was "given" to Ukraine while part of the Soviet Union, mostly due to administrative reasons.

I know plenty of people who live in Crimea and they were overjoyed to be part of Russia again. I even know some people who remember Crimea being part of Russia in 1954. Did Russia play some role (militarily or organization wise etc) in the process? Possibly, but that did not significantly change the outcome which was pretty unanimous in favor of joining Russia.

I think that if the USA or any country was in a similar position that Russia was, in relation to the situation in Crimea, they would of acted in a similar fashion. Put it this way, if Russia would of rejected their request, Crimea would be the shit hole the other "wannabe" breakaway states are in now. I have no idea how the situation in Donetsk etc will be solved. Their mistake is that they wanted independence, something that was never possible without a war or protection from Russia.

I dont know how to explain it to you but things like that doesnt happen by a chance.

Good lord you are slow.

Just for fun I am going to try to pick apart your ramblings to see if I can understand your thought process.

I'm guessing when you saw the word "intentional" in this conversation sirens started roaring in your head and a red mist descended on you which completely impaired your ability to discern context, or in fact, read past the first 9 words. Had you pressed on, you may have figured out that the phrase you so nicely enlarged and bolded, was a qualifier to my response to Shiftas, and not a statement with any political intent.

Do you need me to continue or do you want to try to read it again?

Good lord you are slow.

Just for fun I am going to try to pick apart your ramblings to see if I can understand your thought process.

I'm guessing when you saw the word "intentional" in this conversation sirens started roaring in your head and a red mist descended on you which completely impaired your ability to discern context, or in fact, read past the first 9 words. Had you pressed on, you may have figured out that the phrase you so nicely enlarged and bolded, was a qualifier to my response to Shiftas, and not a statement with any political intent.

Do you need me to continue or do you want to try to read it again?

So when they asked for independence you think they didnt had plan allready to join Russia after they get it?

I am not certain why some of you people think Russia captured or forged the voting in Crimea. The majority of Crimea is Russian, officially around 65-70%. Only around 15% is Ukrainian and the rest are minority groups such as Tatar's who wanted to re-unite with Russia. I did say re-unite because officially Crimea was a part of Russia and was "given" to Ukraine while part of the Soviet Union, mostly due to administrative reasons.

I know plenty of people who live in Crimea and they were overjoyed to be part of Russia again. I even know some people who remember Crimea being part of Russia in 1954. Did Russia play some role (militarily or organization wise etc) in the process? Possibly, but that did not significantly change the outcome which was pretty unanimous in favor of joining Russia.

I think that if the USA or any country was in a similar position that Russia was, in relation to the situation in Crimea, they would of acted in a similar fashion. Put it this way, if Russia would of rejected their request, Crimea would be the shit hole the other "wannabe" breakaway states are in now. I have no idea how the situation in Donetsk etc will be solved. Their mistake is that they wanted independence, something that was never possible without a war or protection from Russia.

Well it is a fact that they captured it.

The referendum result is up for debate. I don't really doubt that a majority of people would have supported reunification with Russia, the problem is the official numbers.

There is no way 95% of people voted in support if there was 80% turnout. The only way support could be that high is if the vast majority of the opposition boycotted the election (which many claimed to do including the Tatars, I dont know why you think they favored reunification). So either turnout was much lower than reported or the margin was, you choose.

Well then do legit votings and look good in the eyes of the rest of the world. Now it looks fishy and for a reason. If they would've done it legitimately most people wouldn't even care.

There's no way that fear or anything else can magically increase population by 23%.

Believe it or not Crimeans really want independence, when soviet union collapsed crimeans were the first to want independence and form theyr own republic, in the early 90's they were saved and baited by constant cash from the Wes, and so the independence didnt happen back then.

This last coup didnt worked tho, they wanted independence and got it, the overwhelming majority of Crimeans dont feel themselves as Ukrainians, and neither as "russians" to be honest, but since they cant be an independent nation, they prefer to go with Russia, well because you know, the military bases and 30,000 russians soldiers stationed there BEFORE the US/West coup.

The only ones that are against russians are muzzie tatars and they are Turkish moles, they dont have anything to do with Russia,Ukraine, or Crimea for that matter, they are just muslim moles, but they are like only 250,000 or something? thats about it.

• Downvote 2

Thats incorrect, Stalin would never have done such a retarded thing, it was Kruschev that gifted Crimea to the Ukrainians, Kruschev, a ukrainian himself.....and a pro-west progresist mole, he hated the Soviet Union apparatus, Kruschev was also the reason why the Chino-Soviet split existed and they almost went to war.

So yeah, Kruschev was a retard and made a dick move, Putin fixed it with a very cheap move.

Thats incorrect, Stalin would never have done such a retarded thing, it was Kruschev that gifted Crimea to the Ukrainians, Kruschev, a ukrainian himself.....and a pro-west progresist mole, he hated the Soviet Union apparatus, Kruschev was also the reason why the Chino-Soviet split existed and they almost went to war.

So yeah, Kruschev was a retard and made a dick move, Putin fixed it with a very cheap move.

I stand corrected.

The Crimean referendum was about as legitimate as the Anschluss plebiscite, if you consider it legit you're either getting money, a Russian nationalist, or a useful idiot.

Also, frankly, the Russians only claim to Crimea is based on ethnic majority... which they have because they ethnically cleansed the region after ww2 by deporting the native Tatar population.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

The Crimean referendum was about as legitimate as the Anschluss plebiscite, if you consider it legit you're either getting money, a Russian nationalist, or a useful idiot.

Also, frankly, the Russians only claim to Crimea is based on ethnic majority... which they have because they ethnically cleansed the region after ww2 by deporting the native Tatar population.

Right. No complaints about a violent coup against a democratically elected president by right wing nationalists planned by western governments (the nuland tape confirmed this). But when a part of that country rejects the coup and peacefully votes to not be apart of an unelected puppet government it is illegitimate. Your hypocrisy is hysterical.

No one will argue that the Crimean referendum was done by international law (i.e. the UN). But there were observers from many different countries, none of which reported problems. OSCE was invited to observe the elections, but declined. No one has even attempted to argue that the majority of Crimeans are unhappy to be re-joining russia.