Havoc Fighting League - Official Smack Talk Thread

davie1903

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1421260404havoc%20logo.png

Causing Havoc 64

taking place tonight, 14th May in Amsterdam's Beer Garden.

Prelims

170lbs Lucifer Palhares v Temujin Lee

265lbs Doc Dykstra v Nelson Van Alden

205lbs Roger Pott v Gunnar Wylde

265lbs Clint Barton v Snow Man

205lbs Ludvig Ericsson v Jesse Blake

170lbs Gunnar "Mad Man" Johnsson(7-2-0) vs "The Enforcer" Arn Anderson(7-3-0)

Johnsson is coming off his first real loss since he started fighting professionally and up until then was on an impressive 7 fight win streak. He is a technical fighter that likes to grind down his opponents with accurate strikes and kicks but always ready for a KO opportunity should it present itself.

Anderson is also taking his first fight since his loss against Shane Austin. Anderson has possibly gone up against better fighters than Johnsson in the past and it will be interesting to see if that makes any difference in tonight's fight. Johnsson seems to have a more rounded set of skills where Anderson relies on his world class boxing and power to get the job done.

Havoc Prediction: This could go either way but unless Johnsson makes an early mistake I see him grinding out a win here. Johnsson by decision.

170lbs Brian Hardy(17-5-1) vs Kim Jong Guk(4-1-0)

Hardy has been shooting up the rankings of late with only one loss from his 4 fights since joining Havoc. Another win tonight must surely see him close to knocking on the door of a title fight. Hardy proves to be a slippery customer for his opponents, making it difficult for them to keep him on the ground or in the clinch. His superior strength and agility making it difficult for him to be controlled. He has a vast amount of experience from his 23 fights, something which could be lacking with up and coming new comer Guk. In comparison Guk has only had a total of 5 fights with just one loss. Guk has a balanced set of skills which he puts to good use when defending. Both fighters have similar styles, Guk's kicks could be a game changer if he can land enough to slow Hardy down.

Havoc Prediction: Both have the power to stop the fight early but I think if the fight goes any distance Guk's kicks could be the deciding factor. Guk by decision.

265lbs Qasim Barakat(11-5-0) vs Boris Konstantinov(11-4-0)

Barakat recently signed with talented manager Bobby Heyman and after an initial bedding in period looks to be on the rise. Like most of the giants in this division he has great power and normally likes to put his opponents away before he takes too much damage, 10 of his 11 wins have been by knockout. In tonights fight he will also have a huge reach advantage over Konstantinov. Konstantinov is one of the shortest heavyweights in Havoc and wouldn't look out of place fighting amongst the lightweight's yet somehow he seems to make it work. An incredible 9 fight win streak saw him going up against some of the best talent in the division and pick up 3 losses. Since then he has got his momentum back and is starting to make another attack with 2 more wins under his belt.

Havoc Prediction: Konstantinov has the skills to keep his opponent guessing with his game plan but Barakat seems to have the eye for landing the perfect punch to end the fight. This has fight of the night written all over it and should be a close one. If I had to choose it would go for Barakat, TKO in round 3.

205lbs "Agent" Phil Coulson(12-4-0) vs Rudi "Puma" Dassler(9-6-0)

Coulson fans will be delighted to hear that he has just extended his contract with Havoc and will be moving with the org over to Legacy after this fight. Coulson has proved himself to be virtually unstoppable only coming unstuck when he faces the title holder Kim Jong Un. Coulson is happy to fight standing or on the mat, something which will no doubt will be put to the test when facing Dassler. Dassler is the submission king when it comes to fighting, 8 of his 9 wins coming from submissions. He's a fighter with relentless determination never stopping until his man is on the ground, normally the fight is over before long as soon as it hits the mat. Coulson and Dassler have met before previously but Coulson's dangerous GnP proved to be too much for Dassler in their last fight.

Havoc Prediction: If the Coulson doesn't want to go to ground I think he can pick and choose where he will end the fight but if Dassler can take him down it will be an amazing ground fight with either fighter able to claim victory. Coulson by decision.

265lbs Tinashe Chukwuma(8-2-0) vs Knut "Starhammer" Paulsen(10-3-0)

Chukwuma is riding a high at the moment after racking up 2 wins out of 2 since signing with Havoc, taking out a couple of big names in the process. With his ambitious manager behind him his eyes must be on the belt and he knows that just a couple more wins might see him going up against the champ. Chukwuma likes to mix things up a little, he's not afraid to fight in the clinch and has devastating head kicks to keep his opponents on their toes. Paulsen is on an impressive run at the moment too, since signing with his new manager he has won 5 of his last 7 fights only losing to the infamous Ferreira and one of the Ysengrin brothers. His fights don't normally see the end of the first round and his power has proven pedigree with him taking out some big names such as Robert Barathon by 1st round KO.

Havoc Prediction: This one is just too close to call for me. Chukwuma might use a more tactical gameplan that could give him the edge but one mistake is all that Paulsen needs.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1421260404havoc%20logo.png

Causing Havoc 66

The Final Event

Prelims:

185lbs Rip Snorten v Drake Bradstone

185lbs Big Guns v Alexey Alexandrov

205lbs Ed Ruth v Frank Borg

155lbs "The Duke" Viktor Bestarsson(6-2-0) vs Pat "the Little Ball of Hate" Verbeek(6-3-0)

First up on the card is a bout between 2 of the smallest men in the org. Both have notched up a good couple of wins in their last few fights and both have a similar set of skills. Bestarsson could appear to have the edge in the ground game but if his previous fights are anything to go by he'll be using his striking to go in search of another KO victory. Verbeek has the better chin and has also gone up against some of the bigger names in the division so Bestarsson might not be able to get his own way in the fight. If frustration creeps in for Bestarsson, Verbeek will be there to pounce and steal the win. This should be quite an even fight and will probably be a test of who's chin can stand up to the punishment.

Havoc prediction: Could go either way but I'll go with Bestarsson by decision.

170lbs Leonardo Atunes(6-0-0) vs Stres Fleshou(6-1-0)

In our next fight we see the younger brother of the infamous Aturo Antunes putting his undefeated record on the line against another potential rising star Stres Fleshou. Atunes has so far gone unbeaten in his 6 fights with Manager Peel Steel sensibly keeping a close leash on him as he is not the brightest tool in the box and slow to learn new skills. Fleshou has had a total of 7 fights so far in his career with only 1 loss to his name. In that fight he lost by submission, he has recently improved his ground defences to make sure he doesn't get caught in the future but I doubt he will be needing them tonight. It looks like both fighters prefer to stand toe to toe and duke it out, neither fighter has so far been rocked in a fight and both are more than capable of KO-ing the best of fighters. This looks like it could be a great fight and top contender for a 'of the night' award.

Havoc prediction: I have no idea on this one but can't wait to find out.

265lbs James DeGale(6-4-0) vs "Falcon" Sam Wilson(9-5-0)

After a rocky start to his career Degale signed with former Havoc boss Liam Davidson, since then he went on an impressive win streak to win his next 4 fights in a row. Unfortunately he lost his last fight against young hotshot Sammy Lemaitre by a stoppage due to a cut which put pay to his win streak and put thoughts of a future title shot on hold. DeGale or his manager have yet to comment on whether he will be continuing his career over at Legacy with most of the other Havoc fighters, presumably tonight's result might have an impact on that decison. Wilson may not have the best record but it's a record that doesn't do this fighter justice. Until recently he had unbelievably only lost 2 fights in the last 11 but in his last 3 fights he has gone up against the Champ - Marco Ferreira and 2 tough contenders and that has put a big dent in his confidence and on his record. Rumours are floating around that he could be done and thinking of retiring after this fight whilst others think he may have 1 more run at the title still left in him. Degale can hit hard but Wilson has the experience and the skill to take control of this fight.

Havoc prediction: One shot from either of these big guys could end the fight instantly but I'll have to go with the more experienced Wilson. Wilson by decision.

155lbs Moe Lester(10-3-0) vs Jackson Law(8-5-0)

Lester will be looking to forget about his last fight in which he unusually picked up a loss for just the 3rd time in his career. He currently has 10 victories to his name all by knockout. He has one of the strongest chins in the division having yet to be rocked or stopped by a KO. His only losses to date are 1 submission loss early in his career and more recently a loss by decision to Rafal Koks. A rematch a couple of fights later saw the same result for Lester, but hopefully that will not have an impact on his performance tonight and he should be back to business picking up the 'W's once again. Law may not be the best of strikers but he has an impressive ground game that could put Lester under a lot of pressure tonight. Law has 8 wins to his name with 4 of them coming by way of submission. It's been a long time since Lester lost by submission but this could be a big test of his skills and to see if he has blocked the hole that he once had in his defences.

Havoc prediction: One small mistake could see Law adding another submission win to his record but I think Lester has the power to stop things before he gets too tired. Lester by TKO in round 2.

155lbs Gap Turner(9-1-0) vs "The Smooth Criminal" Carl Jamison(11-0-0)

In our final bout of the evening we see 2 youngsters entering into the cage that are not regulars for Havoc in a 'grudge match' between 2 talented prospects. Both fighters have a very different approach to their fights, Turner takes after his vocal manager and is no stranger to hurling abuse and insults to try and distract his opponent whilst Jamison is a man of few words who just likes to let his fighting do the talking. Turner has an impressive 9 wins and 1 loss on his record, although he has fought quite a few of the fighters on more than one occasion so we can't be sure of his pedigree or how he'll handle the pressure when stepping up a level. Jamison, orginally a tournament fighter, is on an amazing 11 fight win streak at the moment. 9 of his wins were by his previous (now retired) manager but he has since had 2 fights with his new management team and seems to be set to carry on in his winning ways. Our ears on the ground tell us Turner has improved his ground game over the recent months which he demonstrated in his last outing with an impressive win by devastating GnP. However Jamison has already proved himself to be more than capable of handling ground fighters after an impressive KO win in his last fight over the talented BJJ fighter Fernando Diaz.

Havoc prediction: I'm not sure Turner's or his managers usual circus tricks or trolling will have any effect on Jamison tonight as he remains super focused as always. Turner will have to turn the dial up to 10 if he wants to back up his words with a win. Jamison seems to be quietly confident and happy with the way his training for this fight has gone. Turner could well be dangerous on the ground but with Jamison's calm approach I can't see him making any mistakes tonight. Jamison by TKO round 2.

And so there we have the final preview for Havoc Fight League. Thank you to all the managers who have fought for Havoc in the past and to those who have helped me out over the difficult transition period between purchasing Havoc to merging with Legacy. Best of luck to all the fighters competing tonight and also best of luck to those fighters who have decided to move on and further their careers elsewhere. To all those that are/have moved to Legacy, I look forward to working with you again in the next few days.

• Upvote 3

http://s5.postimg.org/dc5ltfxv7/image.jpg

"The Duke" Viktor Bestarsson

I must say that it has been an honor to fight at Havoc and it were even a bigger honor to take part and actually win in the last Havoc event. I'm now shipping over to Legacy to continue the show.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14157414369399.png

James DeGale (7-4) MMA

I was very proud to fight in the last ever Havoc event and I would like to think that it would be picked up later in life and restored back to all that it promised.

I picked up another win, with me now 5-1 under my manager.

I will be coming to Legacy if the management can send a contract.

I have defeated some top managers:

Defeated opponents were no bums:

James Listerman - Around 100

Rory Daly - Around 150-200

Whymer Van Mastodon - Around 26

Killer Bamze - Around 165

Macho Man - Around 150

Any top managers want to step up and take me on? Anywhere? Anytime?