Syn' 319: Lights Out! Who will be crowned the #1 LHW Fighter

rjs2442

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1410885556image.jpg

Devin Styles vs Tiago Renato - Syn 319 - Lights Out

http://mmatycoon.com/orgupcomingeventpublic.php?EvID=814199

Tonight on MMA Hype, Jared Asante and Brett Clarke traveled to Los Angeles to meet with LHW superstars, Devin Styles and Tiago Renato, who are set to face each other, in what could easily be, the best fight in Syn history. It’s not every day that you see the 2 best LHW in the world go at one another.

We’re now live from the LA Memorial Colossuseum, where MMA Hype is hosting a live Q&A with the 2 stars. Let’s kick it off with Brett and Jared!

-- -- --

Jared Asante: Hello to all MMA fans from all around the world, we are currently live in LA, the city of angels, and we should have a really good show tonight, ain’t that right Brett?

Brett Clarke: That’s right for sure Jared. We have the 2 best LHW fighters in the world with us, who will go at one another on September 26, right here at the Colossuseum, at Syn 319.

Before we go ahead with our Q&A, I just want to talk a little bit about both fighters, who are without a doubt, the 2 most exciting fighters I’ve never seen.

Starting with Devin Styles, who’s most known for his brilliant career with Syn at HW, but he surely made a big bang when he went down to LHW, going 7-1 in that weight class. His 28 career wins, 23 by (T)KO, are probably what I love the most about that guy. He hits like a brick and fights like there’s no tomorrow. The guy lost his Syn title just before the Olympics, went on to win gold, came back and got his belt back. Can’t ask for a better story than this. He knows how to bounce back, and he looks like he’s going to be defending the title for a while.

On the other hand, we have Tiago Renato, who’s at the peak of his career, currently on a 4 fight win streak, all (T)KOs, against 4 of the most dangerous fighters in the world. Is this guy on a mission or what? He’s coming from the merger with Heroic, where he was the LHW champ, and wants to make a big impact at his first ever Syn fight, where he fights for the golden strap. He knows Styles is one hell of a fighter, and he sees this fight a clash between the best two.

Jared Asante: It’s also hard to say who’s favorite in this fight too. The fans here in LA are in love with both fighters. Styles being in American, and the Finnish Renato has been living in LA for a long time now. Both fighters are fan favorites, so this could pretty much start a riot in the streets of LA.

Brett Clarke: I know for sure that this fight will not result as an upset. Who ever wins will be declared the best LHW in the world, but the loser will be a close second, no matter what the outcome is. I think this will end in a 2nd round finish, I just don’t know who will be the one standing.

Jared Asante: Alright, we have both fighters here with us, so let’s move on with a few questions we gathered all around Facebook and Twitter. Let’s start this with the Syn champ, Devin Styles.

-- -- --

Jared Asante: Hi Devin, first of all, ever since you went down to 205, you’ve been pretty much unstoppable. Do you miss the heavyweight division at all? Do you find it a little easier to fight people of your own size, since you were pretty small for a heavyweight?

Devin Styles: Look. I'm 21 and 6 as a Heavyweight. I think I've proven a point in that weight class, so I see no point in going back. Now with that being said, Light Heavyweight has some talent I intend to add to my scalp list. Hell, you may see me drop down to Middleweight if this field gets too easy one day.

Jared: Syn 319 should be the biggest night of your career. You’ve been #1 p4p before, and a win over Renato would most likely put you back in that #1 spot. Do you see Renato as the best LHW around, or do you just see him as just another fighter in your way up the world ladder?

Devin Styles: I wouldn't call this the biggest fight of my career by far. This is just another kid out of the Fishland camp (kudos on a name that can be pronounced the first attempt!) who managed to string a few wins together.

Brett Clarke: This fight has been talked about for a while, I heard it was suppose to happen before, but the timing was just not right, you wanted to fight for Syn, Renato was with Heroic. Now that Renato has signed with Syn, do you think it’s the beginning of a big rivalry between you two?

Devin Styles: Honestly, I can't answer that. the fight will dictate that. Hopefully he lasts longer than Tommi Hartola.

Brett Clarke: Now Tiago, Styles if one hell of a tough opponent. The only fighter who finished him at 205 was Diode, who you TKO'd just recently. Do you think that makes you the favorite in this fight, and do you think you are the best LHW in the world at the moment, despite the current ranking?

Tiago Renato: Styles is really different fight than Diode. Diode fight was probably fight that I was most stressed ever. Because I thought I was really underdog. I have already KOed many of the best and legendary fighters in tycoon. I have been ranked in top 3 of LHW almost whole year and Styles has been like two months. Styles is really hyped currently, but I believe that I can beat him easily.

Jared Asante: You’re coming from Heroic, and recently signed with Syn, I don’t know the exact details of the contract, but I heard its multiple fights. We also asked this to Styles, but do you think that you will fight Styles more than once, depending on the outcome of your fight? This could create a great rivalry between you two.

Tiago Renato: I can definitely fight against Styles again in future, it doesn't matter if I lose or win this fight. Fighter who wins this is best and there is no reason for instant rematch. It’s always funny to fight against fighters that want to really fight. When you look at lower weightclasses, there’s plenty of guys that don't care about their fans. They just want to win with any way and its usually lay and pray unanimous decision.

Jared: Nearly perfect record, you’ve faced the top fighters, and showed you were one of the greatest in the division. This fight right here will surely be the most important of your career, since it will determine who is the #1 LHW, maybe even #1 P4P. Does it have an effect on your level of stress, and how mentally prepared are you for this fight?

Tiago Renato: As I said i have been fighting against best 205 fighters almost whole year. It’s always little stressful when you are fighting and you got a lot to lose. Actually it doesn't matter who I’m fighting. Styles is little higher ranked currently and that motivates me even more.

I have won every fight this year, except one. That fight was fight where I was dominating until I got suddenly winded... I just need to fight at that level where I belong and avoid big mistakes and this fight will be easy.

-- -- --

Jared Asante: That’s it for us folks. Stay tuned for more hype about Syn 319, and don’t miss the live event, Lights Out, live at the LA Memorial Colossuseum on September 26th!

• Upvote 7

Devin Styles is the best LHW atm in my opinion, not sure if Renato is going to be the one to beat him. Has he beat any big names?

Renato is a killer man. He's beaten Ryo Narushima twice, Leroy Leblanc, Matt Murdock, Light Diode (who beat Styles)

Has a great chin and killer knock-out power. Should be a real war between these two but I have a hard time seeing it go past the 2nd round

Devin Styles is the best LHW atm in my opinion, not sure if Renato is going to be the one to beat him. Has he beat any big names?

This must be joke?

Devin Styles... Who has he really beaten? Overhyped glassjaw Bennet.. and couple old cans in tournament... Styles have had only decent opponents. Actually he had couple great victories, but worst part is that those are robberies.. Like Malkin fight.

He's beaten Ryo Narushima twice, Leroy Leblanc, Matt Murdock, Light Diode (who beat Styles)

And many more..