best 3 hidden?

I would go for big heart, fast learner, granite chin.

KO power can be made by training. Heat, chin. Learning can't.

KO power cannot be made by training...you either have it or you don't, if you've got 0 knockout power, even if you have elite++ strength and punches your still not going to knock ANYBODY out.

And fast learner is useless, it can be tested with 1 session and you can cut them if it's not quick enough. And at the end of the day your fighter is going to get where he needs to, whether he gets there fast or slow doesn't really matter. It's way more worth putting your hidden points towards some hiddens that will help you win fights rather than training a bit quicker.

One way to make fast learner hidden more useful would be to make gains from training vary randomly, like basic_level+random_part, where basic_level would equal the current system and random_part would be something small with expected value at 0. Now you would need more than one training session to accurately determine a fighters learning speed.

Of course this would be quite big change to code and most likely not worth it.

Heart to me isn't a deal breaker, if I get no confidence, no chin or a bleeder they're gone no matter what, because once they progress and get to the higher levels of the game they're gonna get crushed.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=67927

Sergio here has great hiddens otherwise, but his pidgeon heart made him fold like a lawn chair whenever he got tagged.

And fast learner is useless, it can be tested with 1 session and you can cut them if it's not quick enough. And at the end of the day your fighter is going to get where he needs to, whether he gets there fast or slow doesn't really matter. It's way more worth putting your hidden points towards some hiddens that will help you win fights rather than training a bit quicker.

But if you dont have infinite VIP time its really not a good thing to have to cut someone the day you make them, at least until we start racking up VIP... im assuming my theory of making a 25yo fast learner will not help the fact that hes missing those 7 years even in the slightest by what you guys are saying about fast learner,i wish there was a thread that people shared what their creation builds + hiddens were and the end product or what they currently have

But if you dont have infinite VIP time its really not a good thing to have to cut someone the day you make them, at least until we start racking up VIP... im assuming my theory of making a 25yo fast learner will not help the fact that hes missing those 7 years even in the slightest by what you guys are saying about fast learner,i wish there was a thread that people shared what their creation builds + hiddens were and the end product or what they currently have

Lol managers have to keep a little bit of secrecy. Imagine how many people would just copy Lance Templeton's builds if everything was listed hahaha

Do not underestimate heart. Heart can make up for a weak chin and or lack of confidence. Intelligence is key for a ground fighter. Do not be so quick to cut a fighter who shows "tends to cut." He can still be a beast. My fighter Sonny Corleone is a damn good fighter who showed "tends to cut" and he has never been stopped by cuts to this date.

• 5 years later...

#1 Granite Chin #2 KO Power #3 Good Heart.

I would never trade this trio for anything, even though there are other nice hiddens. You could make a case for how you want an intelligent fighter for this or that or a confident one but at the end of the day you want your fighter to have ALL of the hiddens maxed in reality. Of the three choices we're allowed we must choose heart, chin, and KO power for best results more often than not and pray we get a fast learner with a high IQ and a giant hog.

• Upvote 1

I would never trade this trio for anything, even though there are other nice hiddens. You could make a case for how you want an intelligent fighter for this or that or a confident one but at the end of the day you want your fighter to have ALL of the hiddens maxed in reality. Of the three choices we're allowed we must choose heart, chin, and KO power for best results more often than not and pray we get a fast learner with a high IQ and a giant hog.

If making a grappler I usually skip KO power and choose one from confidence/ intelligence/ doesn’t cut easily (specially if he submits from the bottom).

If I have IQ tests I won’t choose intelligence.

For creation tourneys I’ve chosen fast learner too.

• 3 weeks later...