Take reality into account for fighter height

Mooncutter

I just found this list very interesting for checking fighter height in differerent weight classes. The tallest very successful heavyweight is Stefan Struve, 28-9, at 214 cm. That's also what you see in game, the tallest successful MMA fighters tend to be around 215. So it's good, it's realistic.

https://www.tapology.com/search/misc/tallest-mixed-martial-artists

The tallest very successful light heavyeight is Ednaldo Oliviera, 17-3-1, at 201 cm. The game engine seems to be on par with that as well. There's a 225 cm top 10 ranked guy at the moment, and if you think that disproves the fact that the game engine favours you to be at 201-ish cm at the most, then you're not that smart. That guy had perfect hiddens and perfect training, he'd be even more successful if he was shorter. The weakness in that build is clinchers and GnP'ers.

The tallest successful middleweights are at 199 cm, with for example Luke Barnatt, 13-5. Luke Barnatt shows that you can be successful at that height. But he would probably be more successful if he was shorter.

Basically, from what I've seen, the the game engine is aligned with reality when calculating the pros and cons of tall and short fighters.

• Upvote 2

I just found this list very interesting for checking fighter height in differerent weight classes. The tallest very successful heavyweight is Stefan Struve, 28-9, at 214 cm. That's also what you see in game, the tallest successful MMA fighters tend to be around 215. So it's good, it's realistic.

The tallest very successful light heavyeight is Ednaldo Oliviera, 17-3-1, at 201 cm. The game engine seems to be on par with that as well. There's a 225 cm top 10 ranked guy at the moment, and if you think that disproves the fact that the game engine favours you to be at 201-ish cm at the most, then you're not that smart. That guy had perfect hiddens and perfect training, he'd be even more successful if he was shorter. The weakness in that build is clinchers and GnP'ers.

The tallest successful middleweights are at 199 cm, with for example Luke Barnatt, 13-5. Luke Barnatt shows that you can be successful at that height. But he would probably be more successful if he was shorter.

Basically, from what I've seen, the the game engine is aligned with reality when calculating the pros and cons of tall and short fighters.

Indubitably

A list with the two most accomplished modern fighters on it are Struve and Browne makes the exact opposite argument to me. In the game, physical outliers in height have far more success in the game then in real life mma.

Edit: Volkov is on the list at 201, he's better then struve or brown and is probably the outlier.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't count Luke Barnatt as "very successful."

A list with the two most accomplished modern fighters on it are Struve and Browne makes the exact opposite argument to me. In the game, physical outliers in height have far more success in the game then in real life mma.

Edit: Volkov is on the list at 201, he's better then struve or brown and is probably the outlier.

You're right, and the reason for this is that the game doesn't assume you're unathletic just because you're tall, but that's USUALLY what happens IRL. Very few really tall guys are good athletes (talking about active fighters). Even among heavyweights it's pretty rare actually. Size, cardio, and fighting ability is more important than pure athleticism, though being a good athlete helps everything.