The Story of Kenneth "The Nigerian Nightmare" Omeruo

Kenneth Omeruo and CHAOS split ways

As reported earlier, Kenneth Omeruo has parted ways with Island Organisation CHAOS after this disgruntled fighter was denied an opportunity to gain back the title after being victorious in his last fight. Sources inside the island organisation have told me that CHAOS responded to the victory offering Omeruo a fight against Ratanachai "Cha-Cha" Sithbanprachan (7-3-0), who is 1-1 in his CHAOS career.

Sources close to both parties have informed us here at Championship Press Association that and tensions between Omeruo and CHAOS rose further as the match makers at the organisation ignored his comments on his thoughts on facing Ratanachai. Our Island reporter Monica Francis has attempted to get in touch with Kenneth Omeruo and was not able to get a response directly from the “Nigerian Nightmare” but his manager Mark O’Sulivan is issuing this statement to members of the press at current which reads;

“I'm extremely disappointed that this is what it came to. I've never had any problems with any organisation owner previously and I hope this is the last time. I'm looking forward to the future as I see Kenneth Omeruo getting the match ups he deserves in whatever organisation he moves to next. He's keen to prove that he's the best Lightweight fighter on The Island and there was no point having him at Chaos where he's going against fighters who are relatively unproven.
To all the Island organisation owners out there: If you're interested in signing Kenneth Omeruo to your Lightweight division, please get in touch and hopefully we can work out a deal which suits both parties."

We’ve also attempted to reach out to CHAOS owner Liam Stead but have yet to receive a response and CHAOS’s PR department are not making a response as of present.

It has to be asked, that while Omeruo lost the title match to Billy Hill, he remains not only higher ranked than all the lightweight fighters in CHAOS (bar current champion Charles Benedict), he is also extremely popular among fans and is always worth his value in fights taking all bar one fight past the second round. While we wait for a response from CHAOS, the only questions left to ask is where does Kenneth Omeruo go from here? And when (and where) will the fans of the Island get to see the “Nigerian Nightmare” fight next? Stay tuned for more as it breaks!

Report by,

Dan “TheMould” Milner

Update 05/05/14 @ 9:30: CHAOS eventually responded to our report, Monica Francis, and stated that while they respect Omeruo as a top quality fighter, they felt he was not convincing enough in his last fight - despite dominating for the duration - to earn a shot at the title and felt it was easier to cut their losses than continue to deal with Kenneth and manager Mark O'Sulivan, It'll be interesting to see how the pair respond and if Kenneth Omeruo will be open to any questions any time soon. Stay Tuned for More.

• Upvote 1

Good move imo, wasn't much competition in 155 division and a fair few hype mis-match fights, be interesting to see where you sign. AFL is again obviously interested but plenty of options!

Brett

David Sherwood, Billy Hills manager had this to say:

"Don't believe what Kenny has to say he only left Chaos because Billy Hill is still there. You ducked him 3 times before you gave him the title shot and then he got subbed on the first attempt! Billys fighting in a few days(and winning), you could've stuck around and I would've gave you a rematch in which would have been a top contender fight without a doubt between 2 former champs. But you got greedy and called for the title shot to early. Chaos is a fantastic organization and I don't appreciate you attempting to slander they owner, somebody Ive never had a problem with. Oh well Kenny will be exposed as the can crusher/can he is soon enough."

Mr Sherwood, you should probably wait until after Billy's fight before coming out and talking about Kenneth, would be a bit awkward if he lost his next fight ;)

Also, I'm open to a rematch, follow Kenneth wherever he signs next and I'm sure it wont be long til it'll be Kenneth Omeruo vs Billy Hill II

Billys the man he'll walk right through Kuk. 1st round sub plus sub of the night bonus coming May 8th at Chaos 26 don't miss it. As for Omeruo I think he's going to be a low tier fighter in the very near future so a potential rematch may not be in the cards but I would still allow it.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/13888673691327418898attack1c.png

KENNETH OMERUO SIGNS WITH ATTACK FIGHT LEAGUE

Kenneth Omeruo was in hot demand by all the organisations on The Island after he parted ways with Chaos. The popular Nigerian fighter, who has only lost 1 of his fights in his entire professional MMA career, left after a war of words with the Chaos owner because he didn't get the title shot that he felt he deserved.

After weighing up all of his options, Kenneth Omeruo decided to sign for Attack Fight League, who's current Lightweight title holder is The Can (9-0). Both fighters have a bit of history as there was previously rumours going round of a potential "super fight" between the two while Kenneth was Chaos Lightweight champion and while The Can was champion of AFL. Kenneth has been seen in the past attending the AFL Champ vs Champ event and was said to be impressed by The Can's skills.

An immediate title shot against The Can isn't on the cards for Kenneth however as there are a number of other fighters, who are currently ranked higher than him in the Lightweight rankings at AFL. He'll have to prove himself worthy of a title shot before he gets one, I for one am looking forward to the prospect of seeing The Can vs Kenneth Omeruo and hope he works his way up to get a title shot.

Kenneth Omeruo (7-1)

The Can (9-0)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13890303632114.pngvshttp://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/21/21w26.jpg

AFL 27: Omeruo vs Liften Jr

“The Nigerian Nightmare” (7-1) meets “Redo” (5-1) on his debut for AFL!

The story of Kenneth Omeruo is one that has been heavily followed across the Tycoon world before any controversy followed, but following a fall-out with CHAOS and their management, this man has been in the spot-light non-stop. With the announcement being made that Omeruo has left CHOAS and signed with Attack Fight League being made within a few days of each other, fans of

Omeruo and the Island season two were left wondering who would be his first challenge upon arriving at AFL.

That first challenge is the definition of the adjective used, as a challenge is what Omeruo’s opponent, Ben Liften Jr, will provide come this Saturday. Liften Jr’s career thus far itself has been heavily followed due to his fantastic form, winning 5 of his 6 fights on the Island (2-0 in AFL) with part of that being down to the great training of his coach’s and manager Ryan Berry – who hooked him up with the talented guys at Island Premium CT. “Redo” loves to spurt his catchphrase of “I ben liften, I ben runnin, I ben plotten. I’ll kill you” and when I spoke to the man himself, he said just that – adding “I Ben beating so called big timers like Omeruo since day one” - big talk from a man who weighs a mere 145lbs.

As stated above, Omeruo has won an impressive 7 fights out of 8, with his only loss being his failed title defence against Billy Hill. Omeruo also has a reputation for putting on one hell of a show with 3 Fight of the Night awards to his name and he’ll be looking to take another with him along with the victory on Saturday night. At Championship Press Association we cover a lot of news and fights and this is one right up there, I’ve spoken to our Island reporter Monica Francis and she has told me confidence is running high in both camps, with both managers sending loud statements but one thing to note is the silence from Kenneth Omeruo himself, who’s focus is being described by trainers as “Unbreakable”.

This fight really could go either way and both fighters will be looking to play to their strengths, I think it’s unlikely we’ll be seeing a lot of action on the ground, but if it does go there a lot feel Omeruo will have a strong advantage. The stand-up game is very evenly matched and it’ll be interesting to see which fighter comes out the more aggressive, the caged Omeruo who, I’m sure, will be looking to release all his aggression on his opponent or the under-hyped Afgan, who will have a point to prove. One thing is for sure, the winner of this fight will be able to make a strong claim at taking a shot at the Lightweight title of The Can. It may not be an official number on contenders fight but by how hyped this fight has become by fans and media alike, it certainly has the feel of one and we’ll see you live at Hayashi's Lounge this Saturday (17th May) for this huge match-up!

Report by,

Daniel “TheMould” Milner

Championship Press Association

• Upvote 1

KENNETH OMERUO WINS IN DEBUT FIGHT, GETS TITLE SHOT AGAINST THE CAN

In the AFL 27 pre fight conference the owner of the organisation promised the winner of the main event that they would get a title shot against The Can, who is the current AFL Lightweight champion. The main event featured Kenneth Omeruo, who was making his debut as a AFL fighter against Ben Liften Jr.

This is exactly what Kenneth Omeruo wanted a chance to pick up another title in his MMA career and it left him even more determined to get that win at AFL 27. However a fight against Ben Liften Jr was never going to be an easy task.

Ben Liften Jr had a great start to the fight, dodging the majority of Kenneth's strikes and then controlled the fight, dragging Kenneth Omeruo into the clinch and then began to unload some powerful elbows. After taking a glancing elbow to the face, Kenneth Omeruo was cut open. Unfortunately, Kenneth couldn't find a way out of the clinch before round 1 ended.

10:9 on my scorecard

Round 2 began and it looked like Ben Liften Jr was going to inflict more damage in the clinch when he got a hold of Kenneth shortly after round 2 started. Ben Liften Jr didn't get long to do damage in the clinch because Kenneth broke free after being stuck in the clinch for roughly 1 minute. with just over 3 and 1/2 minutes left, Kenneth started pushing forward putting Ben Liften Jr under pressure and connected with a couple of nice powerful kicks before the bell rang for the end of the round.

19:19

The final round started, and this was going to be the round that decided the fight. Determined to not let the title shot slip out of his hands, Kenneth Omeruo threw a powerful head kick which connected, dropping Ben Liften Jr to the ground, luckily he managed to get back to his feet before Kenneth could inflict some more damage via Ground N Pound but it was clear he was still rocked as he stumbled around the cage trying to avoid Kenneth's strikes. Ben Liften Jr while stumbling about the cage, grabbed a hold of Kenneth and instigated the clinch roughly 1min and 30 seconds into the round. He managed to control the fight and keep Kenneth there however didn't connect with any of the strikes he through as he missed all but 1 of his knees/ elbows while in the clinch. The bell went and the fight was over.

29:28 Omeruo

It was a frustrating fight for Omeruo as he was unable to get out of the clinch on numerous occasions, however he did well in covering up and avoiding the strikes while stuck in the clinch. A solid round 2 and rocking Ben Liften Jr in the final round meant that he won the fight in my eyes.

Following the fight, the owner of AFL confirmed the main event for AFL 33, a mouth watering fight between The Can (10-1) and Kenneth Omeruo (8-1). The super fight which numerous fans wanted earlier in the season is finally going to happen.

Kenneth Omeruo (8-1)

Ben Liften Jr (5-2)

The Can (10-1)

• Upvote 1

Sir Marky, the Liften Jr. fight is really tough for Kenneth. Great fight and great win for him though. If Kenneth had better clinch escape, he is gonna be a huge threat.

Good luck to you for Kenneths next fight sir. The Can is no slouch. Thats gonna be awesome if Kenneth can get another belt in his career!

• 2 weeks later...

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13890303632114.png

Kenneth Omeruo
26 year old
155lbs
8-1

"Counting down the days to my title fight with The Can. I've been wanting this fight for a long time, The Can is someone I respect as a fighter, he's had a lot of success during his time on The Island, much like myself. The fans have been calling for this fight since the days where I was the undefeated Chaos Lightweight champion and when he was the undefeated AFL Lightweight champion. I hope this will be a fight the fans will remember for years to come!"

• Upvote 1

Sir Marky, the Liften Jr. fight is really tough for Kenneth. Great fight and great win for him though. If Kenneth had better clinch escape, he is gonna be a huge threat.

Good luck to you for Kenneths next fight sir. The Can is no slouch. Thats gonna be awesome if Kenneth can get another belt in his career!

The Can is an awesome fighter but I feel Kenneth is good enough to take home the AFL title!

LIGHTWEIGHT TITLE ON THE LINE AT AFL 33!

The Can (10-1), AFL's longest reigning lightweight champion will be entering the cage on Friday night looking to defend his title against "The Nigerian Nightmare" Kenneth Omeruo (8-1). Both fighters have been making a name for themselves on this season of The Island, The Can's only loss is against #2 p4p ranked fighter Dominic Berzins (8-0) who currently has a flawless MMA record while Kenneth Omeruo's only loss was against Billy Hill (7-5), a fight which he was controlling until he got submitted in the second round. Since then, Billy Hill has faded into obscurity losing 3 fights in a row.

The Can is one of the most dangerous men in the Lightweight division on The Island. Nearly every single one of his fights he has finished his opponent by KO/TKO and so he has the power in his hands to get a quick win. According to statistics, he hasn't been taken down once in his entire MMA career to date. A remarkable stat which is surely one of the reasons why he has been so successful. He faced Dominic Berzins in his last fight and was cut open, knocked down and rocked all within the first round, which leaves a lot of MMA fans across the world wondering just how good is The Can's chin is.

The fighter who will most likely provide us with the answer to that is the man they call "The Nigerian Nightmare" Kenneth Omeruo. Not much is known about this guy before he arrived on The Island for Season 2 roughly 6 months ago but what we know now is that this guy can fight! Kenneth hasn't been one to finish his fights, with only 2 of his 8 wins being finishes, however that doesn't mean his fights aren't entertaining. He's usually coming out getting in the face of opponents, putting them under pressure with a range of strikes. His biggest threat is his kicks. A lot of his past opponents have learnt the hard way just how lethal they can be, as they've been seen limping out of the cage after fighting him, usually with a purple swollen leg due to the damage from Kenneth's kicks. Don't let his record fool you, the guy has power and you just have to watch his last two fights where he rocked both of his opponents.

I guess we are all wondering just how strong Kenneth's chin is as well, he's never been rocked before although he has been cut open in the past. Perhaps The Can will be the man to really test Kenneth's chin or maybe The Can will spend the night instead chasing shadows. All I know is that this main event fight at AFL 33 will be one that no MMA fan in the world will want to miss because if they do, there's a good chance they're going to miss something special.

http://i.imgur.com/EhDF7Fu.png

Fight Commentary

*** Spoilers below this post ***

• Upvote 1

Tough fight, unlucky mate. When Can got cut early I thought "Here we go again" those leg kicks were landing at will for you and I could tell it was never going to go five rounds, Can's chin (suspect chin) really wasn't tested with just the one kick landing there but it cut him so... maybe a bit of a concern that he gets hit and he gets cut/rocked.

Sure Kenneth will bounce back and I'm sure we'll both be in the finals!

Kenneth Omeruo
26 year old
155lbs
8-2

"I think I'm actually still feeling the effects from that TKO loss. I knew it was going to be a tough fight tonight, The Can is extremely explosive and I can tell you that from my own experiences. I want to say good luck to The Can as he should be moving on to the finals at the end of the season. Hopefully I will be able to join him there but I'll need to pick up a couple of wins before this season ends."

• Upvote 1

Tough fight, unlucky mate. When Can got cut early I thought "Here we go again" those leg kicks were landing at will for you and I could tell it was never going to go five rounds, Can's chin (suspect chin) really wasn't tested with just the one kick landing there but it cut him so... maybe a bit of a concern that he gets hit and he gets cut/rocked.

Sure Kenneth will bounce back and I'm sure we'll both be in the finals!

It probably would have got a lot worse for your fighter had the fight went longer and if I was slightly more aggressive in that fight. I do feel that your fighter is great at avoiding strikes to the head although his main weakness is definitely avoiding strikes to body/ legs which is why I wanted to target them primarily.

It's a shame Kenneth couldn't avoid more of the punches but I really feel that was because of your gameplan, I'm guessing you were quite aggressive as it looked like The Can kept Kenneth under pressure throughout most of the fight.

Feel bad for Kenneth Sir Marky. Thats a tough one for you. But I believe Kenneth will come back soon and challenge for the title again!

Yeah, it's unfortunate to see him pick up another loss. In my eyes it's his first real loss. Billy Hill got lucky in his fight with Kenneth Omeruo... just look at his recent fights.....

• 2 weeks later...

you calling the undefeated Charles Benedict a bum!?

I'm not, maybe Kenneth is though...

Charles Benedict is the real deal. Billy Hills recent downhill run could do with the fact his sister just passed away after a lengthy battle with cervical cancer and he just hasn't been the same since. - David Sherwood (Billys manager)

Sorry to hear about your loss David. Hopefully Billy Hill will get a fight before the season's over and win it!

This is great stuff, the forums need more

Thanks TheWolf :)

Kenneth Omeruo
27 year old
155lbs
8-2

"This has been a lift changing experience. I've been lucky enough to get on this Island for Season 2 and I've had a blast. Hoping to go out on a bang in my last fight before the end of the season tournament. If I win, I'm hoping that will mean I'll have a place on the end of season tournament. Winning that tournament would be the perfect ending to my stay on the Island.

I hear a lot of people mentioning Charles Benedict as if he's a Lightweight God, listen, he's fighting in Chaos and we all know how great Chaos is.... I left that damn org to get a better challenge and also because of the management team behind Chaos. The guys a bum, he needs to come over to AFL to get a real challenge instead of crushing cans or has beens or has never beens.

If I do get in the end of season tournament, I hope Charles Benedict is the very first person I fight because I'd love to derail his hype train."