We'll see, my friend.

D97r3DDl.png 50hrOep.jpg

#182 SixFootPenguin

SixFootPenguin

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 239 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 09:34 PM

Congrats to my buddy Alfred for winning this tournament.  Side note I am quite surprised with Marvin Meep who is now 3-1 however each of his wins has been by convincing decision.  I thought i would be able to finish at least someone with him but its good to know he can last that long in fights.  I was hoping to see a Marvin Meep vs finalist Sanka Coffee.  Coffee beat the guy who beat Meep and with Meeps one lose coming from sub I would love to see what would happen if the heavy hitter Coffee fights the guy with a really great hit to miss ratio in Marvin Meep.

#183 Ikkitakeda

Ikkitakeda

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 500 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 10:09 PM

Congrats to my buddy Alfred for winning this tournament.  Side note I am quite surprised with Marvin Meep who is now 3-1 however each of his wins has been by convincing decision.  I thought i would be able to finish at least someone with him but its good to know he can last that long in fights.  I was hoping to see a Marvin Meep vs finalist Sanka Coffee.  Coffee beat the guy who beat Meep and with Meeps one lose coming from sub I would love to see what would happen if the heavy hitter Coffee fights the guy with a really great hit to miss ratio in Marvin Meep.

Book it. Coffie will fight him. Also congrats to Nakata. Almost had him. Finally just swept him for top position and dove back for deep kneebar that ended up not only giving away my top position but giving him side control. :(

#184 Kd

Kd

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 326 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 10:11 PM

Haha thanks mate. That was a fun tournament so thanks to Peter Dry and NJMMA for putting it on. 

Where did your guy go John? He left NJMMA?

#185 SixFootPenguin

SixFootPenguin

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 239 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 10:40 PM

Of course not, contract ran out and i had to resign that is all.  He is actually getting signed to the fight i am interested in vs sanka coffee.  You know this is hilarious though, Peter Dry won your tournament and the funny way with a guy who got cuts easily where you won his tournament with a fighter highly resemabling Kirby from the finals of your first IFC tournament.  My favorite to come out of a creation tournament so far is Boris Boulder who is 3-1 in Rise now and that is the one who lost to Peter Dry in round 2.  You got me hooked to these tournaments though as i am in the semis of rise grappling tournament and i just made my fighter for your next tournament.  Terry Crew who you remember well is here in NJMMA right now and he is still on a roll after i missed 3 weeks of training thanks to not being able to join gyms on my phone and as you remember I almost sacked Crew after that.

#186 Kd

Kd

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 326 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 11:03 PM

Aah very cool. I'm guessing that match up will end up deciding a title shot afterwards? After Hector vs Mason (scary for my guy)

It's definitely funny how it's worked out in the end and it just goes to show you don't need awesome rolls at the very beginner levels of the game. Cut's easily would usually get a guy thrown on the trash heap but Danton's learning speed ended up being a massive positive for him. I'm loving all the tournaments too though and hope people keep arranging them. 

I wonder why you don't see any for the older ID fighters in the game?

#187 Hello301

Hello301

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 181 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 11:12 PM

Probably, because most older fighters end up entrenched in an organization.

#188 Ikkitakeda

Ikkitakeda

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 500 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 11:39 PM

Of course not, contract ran out and i had to resign that is all.  He is actually getting signed to the fight i am interested in vs sanka coffee.  You know this is hilarious though, Peter Dry won your tournament and the funny way with a guy who got cuts easily where you won his tournament with a fighter highly resemabling Kirby from the finals of your first IFC tournament.  My favorite to come out of a creation tournament so far is Boris Boulder who is 3-1 in Rise now and that is the one who lost to Peter Dry in round 2.  You got me hooked to these tournaments though as i am in the semis of rise grappling tournament and i just made my fighter for your next tournament.  Terry Crew who you remember well is here in NJMMA right now and he is still on a roll after i missed 3 weeks of training thanks to not being able to join gyms on my phone and as you remember I almost sacked Crew after that.

Can you start typing my guy's name correctly? I even wrote it when i said book it hoping you would catch that.

#189 Ikkitakeda

Ikkitakeda

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 500 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 11:51 PM

Aah very cool. I'm guessing that match up will end up deciding a title shot afterwards? After Hector vs Mason (scary for my guy)

Maybe for him, but not for Sanka. After he beats Meep i think he will be another win away from rematching Nakata.

#190 SixFootPenguin

SixFootPenguin

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 239 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 12:28 AM

Coffie, I actually did not notice that you had posted that earlier.

#191 SakuWandyCop

SakuWandyCop

White Belt

• Manager
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 04:10 AM

Congrats, Uchimura Nakata!

#192 Monsieur.Camara

Monsieur.Camara

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 01:52 PM

Congrats to the champ !!

1510498238RFL_logo.png1496812091Untitled-3.png

#193 thedry16

thedry16

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 157 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 01:55 PM

Congrats to Mr Nakata, a great victory in the final!

#194 Warwynd

Warwynd

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:01 PM

1358045672Brunno%20Falcone.jpg

Brunno Falcone: I already done talked at him in private on da twitter, but I wanted 'a say it here in public, see? Congratulations, Uchimura Nakata on bein' da first Bantamweight champion at NJMMA.

D97r3DDl.png 50hrOep.jpg

#195 RegularJohn

RegularJohn

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 372 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 12:44 PM

Congratulations to Nakata and the new boss Afred Kd on the title! This tournament was very fun with lots of colorful characters. no champion in a new org is more deserving than Mr. Nakata.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users