I for one, love using Buzz to talk smack (as my fighters) to opponents or people I want to call out. But I think there should be some way (or maybe there already is) to include the Buzz into hype for a certain fight or card. I don't know just how much it'd take to implement something like this, but I think it'd be fun! I wish more people were into Buzzing, I think it adds a lot to the game. If your ever fighting one of my fighters, be ready!

Thoughts?

• Upvote 2

True, maybe find some way to limit it, like only +1 hype per manager/hashtag or something like that? I just think it's fun to go on there and talk shit, but like you said it'd be more realistic if, for example: My fighter has a title fight coming up and I've been buzzing the champ, talking shit to him, etc... all in fun, it'd be a cool feature if we could raise some hype for our fight or our card because if we start going at it over Buzz, people are generally going to be checking up on the outcome of our fight.... IDK if that makes sense, but I hope you get the general idea....

I like the idea, but I think it should work both ways. So if you buzz a lot and hype up your fight, if you lose you take a bigger hit to your hype then normal.

Look at McGregor, with all the talking he does if he went out and lost his fights he'd be a joke in MMA. But because hes won its rocketed him to fame.

Great idea, it'd make it much more realistic.... but I wouldn't want too much of a hit. you wouldn't want to deter people from taking part....

• 3 weeks later...

I'm totally fine with getting a bit of a hype boost and I like the idea of getting a bigger hype hit if you lose after bigging yourself up too. It seems very tricky to program though. There would be no way to differentiate between a normal buzz from a fighter and a cocky challenge to someone they're fighting, so it would just have to be based on a general volume of buzzes.

I'm totally fine with getting a bit of a hype boost and I like the idea of getting a bigger hype hit if you lose after bigging yourself up too. It seems very tricky to program though. There would be no way to differentiate between a normal buzz from a fighter and a cocky challenge to someone they're fighting, so it would just have to be based on a general volume of buzzes.

If you do that I can expect people to abuse it and flood it with messages. If they post once a week give them a small boost.

• Upvote 1