Photo

Breakthrough Fighter of the Year 2015

Of The Year

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

Poll: Breakthrough Fighter of the Year 2015 (65 member(s) have cast votes)

Breakthrough Fighter of the Year 2015

1. Voted Rockmeteller Todd (5 votes [7.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

2. Voted Lil Wayne (23 votes [35.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.38%

3. Arthur Pinto (7 votes [10.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.77%

4. Voted Idi oCrazy (4 votes [6.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.15%

5. Voted Rocky McColgan (3 votes [4.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.62%

6. Hector Camacho (3 votes [4.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.62%

7. Voted Dickie Dirty (20 votes [30.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

8. Colin Croft (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote

#21 bjornmma1

bjornmma1

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 9,169 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:25 AM

I definitely think there should be a more clear-cut criteria for Breakthrough Fighter of the Year next year cause it's def a keeper award but since Lil Wayne is on the ballad I am going with him.

I agree that a more clear-cut criteria should be there for this award. I didn't knew if top guys from last year could still compete for this year as they don't really come from 'low' but it seems like they can judging by the votes.

I have no problem with it, just think clearer criteria should be used like Ryan says as well. If indeed someone who beat Judd already in 2014 and had a huge winning streak can compete in this, then my guy has no chance in this.

#22 ArtieBanks

ArtieBanks

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 12:13 AM

I definitely think there should be a more clear-cut criteria for Breakthrough Fighter of the Year next year cause it's def a keeper award but since Lil Wayne is on the ballad I am going with him.

Lil Wayne lost once this year, a hellova fight in the Olympics, he broke through around July time when he started taking fights which were not in the ID range. He was a top prospect that came good and near the end of the year became a monster and easily one of the fighters that has to be given serious consideration to over this upcoming year. Not every top prospect in the game comes good but Lil Wayne broke through the barrier this year into elite status and that is why he got nominated and is now rightfully ahead in the voting. 

[13:57:42] Wolf: she fingered my arsehole though

#23 markyosullivan

markyosullivan

Red Belt

• 6,060 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 12:21 AM

Would Dickie Dirty be eligible for 2016's Breakthrough Fighter of the Year? After reading Dinooo's post I think Lil Wayne deserves it and can see Dickie winning 2016's one (if he continues winning).

the-corporation_zps5c78077f.jpg              

#24 ArtieBanks

ArtieBanks

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 12:28 AM

Would Dickie Dirty be eligible for 2016's Breakthrough Fighter of the Year? After reading Dinooo's post I think Lil Wayne deserves it and can see Dickie winning 2016's one (if he continues winning).

It depends, I mean he broke through in late 2015 with his two wins against Syn and MFN's champion. If he continues winning then I wouldn't see him as a breakthrough fighter of the year, but more suitable for the fighter of the year category and best 155 fighter. 

#25 markyosullivan

markyosullivan

Red Belt

• 6,060 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 12:57 AM

It depends, I mean he broke through in late 2015 with his two wins against Syn and MFN's champion. If he continues winning then I wouldn't see him as a breakthrough fighter of the year, but more suitable for the fighter of the year category and best 155 fighter. 

What's the criteria for Breakthrough Fighter of the Year? I felt it was too soon for Daniel O'Sullivan to be mentioned in 2015 but if he goes on a run in 2016 I'm wondering if he'd be pushing for Breakthrough Fighter or just for Best 155 Fighter.

#26 ArtieBanks

ArtieBanks

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 01:01 AM

What's the criteria for Breakthrough Fighter of the Year? I felt it was too soon for Daniel O'Sullivan to be mentioned in 2015 but if he goes on a run in 2016 I'm wondering if he'd be pushing for Breakthrough Fighter or just for Best 155 Fighter.

There is no direct criteria for breakthrough fighter of the year, it is a pretty subjective award. My criteria for it is guys who break through in the mid part of the year and continue on an excellent streak after the break through into the non-id orgs. They realistically won't win fighter of the year due to the fact they fight in an ID org for half the year, but since they brokethrough midway during the year, i tend to give it to them. Guys who breakthrough early on in the year tend to be able to make a run for fighter of the year. 

#27 markyosullivan

markyosullivan

Red Belt

• 6,060 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 01:24 AM

There is no direct criteria for breakthrough fighter of the year, it is a pretty subjective award. My criteria for it is guys who break through in the mid part of the year and continue on an excellent streak after the break through into the non-id orgs. They realistically won't win fighter of the year due to the fact they fight in an ID org for half the year, but since they brokethrough midway during the year, i tend to give it to them. Guys who breakthrough early on in the year tend to be able to make a run for fighter of the year. 

Okay, thanks for the explanation!

#28 bjornmma1

bjornmma1

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 9,169 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 07:20 AM

I think there should be looked more at from how low they come as if they already were top prospect and beating up top guys the year before the year judged, then it's more keeping up their great job instead of breaking through in my opinion, but as you said, it seems pretty subjective. 

#29 ArtieBanks

ArtieBanks

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 07:49 PM

I think there should be looked more at from how low they come as if they already were top prospect and beating up top guys the year before the year judged, then it's more keeping up their great job instead of breaking through in my opinion, but as you said, it seems pretty subjective. 

Judd v Lil Wayne was back when both of them were prospects fighting in the same ID org neither of them were established top fighters at the time by any stretch of the imagination. You cannot hold it against Wayne that during his time coming up that he defeated a fellow top fighter. 

#30 itakebrides

itakebrides

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,366 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 10:38 PM

My 2 cents is i don,t think  fighters who were big names already should be nominated . Lil Wayne was a already a well known    fighter in 2014 .The likes Dickie Dirty and di oCrazy came out of no where to be house hold names as it were in 2015.

Russell_Crowe_Loves_Fighting_Fighting_Ar

#31 markyosullivan

markyosullivan

Red Belt

• 6,060 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 10:45 PM

My 2 cents is i don,t think  fighters who were big names already should be nominated . Lil Wayne was a already a well known    fighter in 2014 .The likes Dickie Dirty and di oCrazy came out of no where to be house hold names as it were in 2015.

Good point. I actually put forward Lil Wayn to be one of the division fighter of the year's for 2014, so I'll move my vote back to Dickie.

#32 bjornmma1

bjornmma1

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 9,169 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:05 AM

I couldn't agree more. I said that earlier on already but dinooo said he didn't agree.

Lil Wayne and some others here are beasts but were that for sure already in 2014. How much of a breakthrough is that then compared to dickie and idi... Someone even told that dickie comes from the gutter what is a fair assessment , altough I hope that smell is gone now :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Of The Year

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users