Strikeforce HW tournament 2011 !

You must be one of those tools who thinks that if you didnt inject a guy with roids you cant suggest he is on them. :rolleyes:

Actually, I was just poking a shot at his rage. Suggesting there is a chance someone is on roids is fine. MMA does not test randomly or nearly enough. Saying with 100% certainty is pushing it until they fail a test, but speculation is perfectly reasonable. but, he was positioning himself to try and sound like an expert on the matter, so it was a pretty easy thing to pick at.

Actually, I was just poking a shot at his rage. Suggesting there is a chance someone is on roids is fine. MMA does not test randomly or nearly enough. Saying with 100% certainty is pushing it until they fail a test, but speculation is perfectly reasonable. but, he was positioning himself to try and sound like an expert on the matter, so it was a pretty easy thing to pick at.

I never claimed to be an expert. But i do know more on the subject than anyone in this thread arguing about it. I agree most of the time you never know who is taking roids. Like GSP, i would say the chances of him taking like most top fighters is 100%. But it is possible to get his results naturally. There is some signs he uses (HGH gut, Gyno, etc) but not impossible to get his size and ability. But it is impossible to achieve the size Overeem had at his biggest from where he started, naturally. If he was built like Shaq, Andre the Giant, or any other big thick big guy without ever training then yeah he could trim down and lift his ass off and get where he is at now. But not from a Jon Jones size guy who is already training. What if Jon Jones went up to 280 lbs of muscle. Would you still be claiming he never trained weights? He just out of no where started training harder? Overeem fought 4 years at HW and never grew above 235 lbs. After getting his ass kicked a time or two he ran to 205. Then when he got beat there is only option was to roid his way to "invicibility". Yes, this is my opinion but based on facts. Which i think are a more accurate way to judge because roid tests almost never catch the users. Every expert will tell you. The only way to get caught is to be careless and uneducated on the subject. Some will try to mask the PE's and not do it properly, some will not cycle propperly. In the end only the idiots get caught.

I never claimed to be an expert. But i do know more on the subject than anyone in this thread arguing about it. I agree most of the time you never know who is taking roids. Like GSP, i would say the chances of him taking like most top fighters is 100%.

You don't know a single soul who argues about the subject in this thread. And it doesn't seem to me that you were anywhere near a top athlete in any sport either.

You don't know a single soul who argues about the subject in this thread. And it doesn't seem to me that you were anywhere near a top athlete in any sport either.

I was refering to the subject of steroids. How the hell would you know what kind of athlete i am? Not that i have ever claimed to be but all i have said on here is my max bench press. So how do you know what level athlete i am? When someone asks what a "cycle" is. I can safely assume i know more about Steroids!

That's what I mean. Would you really mention your bench press if you were a top level athlete? Maybe I was wrong, but am I?

It had to do with my example. And yes i can name the bench press of hundreds of athletes and dozens of fighters. But if you want to believe athletes do not Bench you go right ahead.

• 2 months later...

tournaments are some what fun to watch but they are a disaster for high level orgs. Running a HW tournament is a sign of desperation from SF. These things never work out because the fighters always pull out. There is always injuries real or imagined. They cant get Fedor to face anyone he dont hand pick but he will face someone blindly in a tournament? They cant get Overeem to fight anyone at all but he will fight 3 fights in a row in SF?

Fans get excited about these but i guarantee they tournament that we get will not be the one we expected. Someone will pull out and there will be more than 1. This was proven in the early days of the UFC when none of them went as planned(An alternate won one UFC and Coleman won one by fighting no one in the finals) to the recent Showtime boxing Super 6 where just about everyone was replaced. The Super 6 became The Mediocre 6.

Imagine that. I guess i was right. A tournament was a bad idea. Fedor got beat the first fight, Overeem pulled out, Cormia now has a broken hand, if he fights it could mean an alternate won the GP.

Imagine that. I guess i was right. A tournament was a bad idea. Fedor got beat the first fight, Overeem pulled out, Cormia now has a broken hand, if he fights it could mean an alternate won the GP.

Holy shit! He was right about something! :notworthy:

I loved every fight from it. Too bad Alistair had to pull out, but Cormier certainly didn't do under for him. It had several memorable fights so far and I think that from a fan's point of view it has been a great success.

• Upvote 1

Holy shit! He was right about something! :notworthy:

I loved every fight from it. Too bad Alistair had to pull out, but Cormier certainly didn't do under for him. It had several memorable fights so far and I think that from a fan's point of view it has been a great success.

really? you loved Barnett vs Rogers? i wouldnt exactly call it a great success...besides, im still pissed that UCI alumni Shane Del Rosario got hit by some drunk Armenian bitch. hopefully his career isnt over...i woulda loved to see him fight Bigfoot instead of Cormier.

really? you loved Barnett vs Rogers?

The first round went pretty much like it should've. Barnett reduced Rogers to what he was worth (like Antonio did with Fedor). At the time Rogers was still ranked above Barnett. Some expert analysts even picked Rogers to win that fight. Hahahaaaa!

The first round went pretty much like it should've. Barnett reduced Rogers to what he was worth (like Antonio did with Fedor). At the time Rogers was still ranked above Barnett. Some expert analysts even picked Rogers to win that fight. Hahahaaaa!

Thats what happens when you use his fight vs Fedor as a measuring stick. Fedor was a bum and made Rogers look good. The tournament had a lot of hype but didnt deliver. The Barnett vs Rogers fight ended up being a huge mismatch. Barnett vs Sergei ended up being a huge mismatch. Werdum vs Overeem was a bore fest. Cormia vs Monson was one sided as was his fight with Silva. Arlovski vs Sergei was the closest thing to a competitive fight.

As i said on the first page of this thread. SF running a tournament was a sign of desperation. I was right. Months after it started they sold out. There is no other reason to do a tournament with big name fighters. Either desperation or incompetence.