Rambo

You know what? I only played with weapons, maybe the gameplay is more enjoyable depending of wich skills you used... it was truely atrocious with guns, but one of these days i'll do it again with a different type of character. Like i said in my previous post, everything else was top notch.

I shot a lot of shit too, to be honest combat's mediocre at best. Not very realistic, but for some reason I was highly entertained by it. Prolly cuz I was interested in the story so I just wanted to breeze by it.

I downloaded the previous version about 3 weeks ago on torrent. Had the most fun i have had in a similar game for a while. I guess i am very old school, i like turn based strategy games much more than real time. I also liked the team and soldier upgrading part

Yeah MEC-Troopers are awesome. I don't play PC games though, otherwise I'd just screen shot mission results. Had to give up on this log crap, just way too much work and would got burnt out with the game in an hour or two.

Just begun Enemy Within a few hours ago on classic / ironman. Either i lost my skills, or the classic difficulty is harder than before...

I'm on vacation this week and my wife isn't, perfect timing ;-)

I think the beginning's a little harder, starting off new or whatever, gets pretty easy once you have a few mechs and genetically modified soldiers. Personally I just roll with 1 maybe 2 and use em pretty much as a tank.

Oh wow, this game doesn't look half bad! i'll try it out the next chance I get. It's on steam, yes?

Yes, but i believe that the PC version is sold as a DLC, so you'll need XCOM - Enemy Unknown too.

I think the beginning's a little harder, starting off new or whatever, gets pretty easy once you have a few mechs and genetically modified soldiers. Personally I just roll with 1 maybe 2 and use em pretty much as a tank.

Indeed it gets almost to easy after a few hours. No casualties so far.

I'm not interested in Mechs, i augment my soldiers but that's pretty much it. Maybe i'll give them a try when i don't know what to do with my money, besides i advance very slowly during the missions, so i miss most of that stuff you need for upgrading soldiers and creating mechas.

Corrupt savefile... after 30 hours or so... that is just fucking great.

That's the end of it for now, i don't want to start all over... i'll get back at it in a few months.

Ouch... I hate when crap like that happens. That happened to me when I was playing Brutal Legend a few years ago and I was on the last mission. It took me about 3 months before I started over because i was so angry. One thing though is that because you've made some progress already it won't take as much time to get back to where you are now ;)

Ouch... I hate when crap like that happens. That happened to me when I was playing Brutal Legend a few years ago and I was on the last mission. It took me about 3 months before I started over because i was so angry. One thing though is that because you've made some progress already it won't take as much time to get back to where you are now ;)

It was my 3rd run on this game (well, including my Enemy Unknown runs) so it's harder to be willing to start from scratch :)

Damn that sucks Manta. I forgot to come back to this thread after I finished the game. I played through on Normal difficulty and took advantage of saved games so I didn't lose many guys. I just wanted to get through the storyline and see the ending before I got tired of the game and moved on (which happens a lot, I rarely seem to finish games since I get bored too easily) Eventually I am going to try playing through again on Classic/Ironman with a bunch of the Second Wave options enabled but I'm going to take a break first.

I made a fighter after my main character, he turned out to be Canadian like myself so I became attached to him haha, his name was William "Caper" King hopefully he turns out to be just as much of a bad ass in MMA Tycoon as he was in XCOM haha! I like how every play through you have different heroes it keeps the game fun and interesting.

Sorry for your bad luck. Too bad, the ending is pretty cool and its fun to see who of your squad becomes the hero.