The Alliance World Championships

Alfred

Sooo... How many teams go into playoffs, 4?

To be honest, I completely forgot about the playoffs.

We could do Top 4 from each weight will go into the playoffs to crown a champion BUT those fights won't count towards the alliance table. The best alliance will be decided through only these group rounds as to make sure everything is completely even.

Or we could skip the playoffs and just end this with the group rounds to decide the best alliance and perhaps I can muster up a trophy for the winners of the weight class?

We could do Top 4 from each weight will go into the playoffs to crown a champion BUT those fights won't count towards the alliance table. The best alliance will be decided through only these group rounds as to make sure everything is completely even.

Or we could skip the playoffs and just end this with the group rounds to decide the best alliance and perhaps I can muster up a trophy for the winners of the weight class?

I'm good w/ calling it after the group stage. It's been a long one as is.

Playoffs were part of the original design of this tourney, so my vote would be to continue with them.

However, I envision these would only be to decide weight class winners and that the overall alliance winner would be decided at the end of the group stage.

yeah playoffs are a must.

we have to keep the original format or else we descend into anarchy.

all jokes aside, this is the format.

amazing job Albert ! Keep up the good work my friend.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Ok guys. Cant argue with the playoffs as it was the original format. Top 4 from each weight go through. 1 v 3, 2 v 4 then final to decide weight class champion. These fights won't count towards the alliance table though. That will be decided at end of groups (of course we can have an unofficially tally up just for fun)

Hope that's cool with everyone? Appreciate the tournament is taking a while and I know that these 25 year olds are a wasted investment. That's my bad. I should have made it a 18 year old creation tournament and I should have known that at least one fighter would get 16 day cuts after each round. Live and learn though right?

• Upvote 3

"Tournament Format will be a Round Robin League into a Playoff to decide the winner. Playoff fights will be 5 x 5."

My understanding has always been to target the playoffs since that's what the rules say will win the whole shit. Also keeps the excitement going a lot further. Alliance vs alliance in the finale. Now we can basically hand over the win for whoever was at the top and call it a day already. I wouldn't care about the fighters itself to have an individual weight class tournament for them.

• Upvote 1

"Tournament Format will be a Round Robin League into a Playoff to decide the winner. Playoff fights will be 5 x 5."

My understanding has always been to target the playoffs since that's what the rules say will win the whole shit. Also keeps the excitement going a lot further. Alliance vs alliance in the finale. Now we can basically hand over the win for whoever was at the top and call it a day already. I wouldn't care about the fighters itself to have an individual weight class tournament for them.

I think what you are saying is the top 4 alliances fight each other instead of the top 4 fighters from each weight? If that is correct I think that would be interesting. Either way I say yes to playoffs.

I think everyone will know who the champions are in each division anyway by the end of the competition, unless you have two unbeaten fighters that drew when they fought each other. We're going to know who the top dog is, and could present them as being champion without having to fight again. This would be a nice trophy to have for the fighters cv.

I think what you are saying is the top 4 alliances fight each other instead of the top 4 fighters from each weight? If that is correct I think that would be interesting. Either way I say yes to playoffs.

Yeah. That's only two rounds in addition to the regular season. 1st vs 4th & 2nd vs 3rd semifinal round in one card and then the final card with the 5 fights. After all this is alliance championship, not individual performer championship?

OK, I like the idea but I just want to be clear that we're all on the same page.

When you say team playoffs are we talking the following scenario...

Teams 1-4 qualify for the playoffs. 1 v 4, 2 v 3 face off in semi-final to decide who goes into final.

Hypothetically say the teams finish as 1) Stepdads, 2) FinnFighters, 3) YABAI, 4) Heritage

The semi-finals would be ALL of the Stepdads fighters facing off against ALL of Heritages and ALL of FinnFighters facing off against ALL of YABAI's REGARDLESS of where their individual team members ended up?

I'm assuming the way to decide who moves on and who becomes champion would be the total score of the show down (i.e Stepdads win 3 out of the 5 fights to make it 3-2 against Heritage)?

If this is what we're talking about then cool, sounds great and actually adds a lot of excitement to these last remaining rounds as all the lower placed teams have a shot at 4th place

If not then someone is going to have to break it down for me lol

• Upvote 5

Awesome, we can go this route but we would need to agree what a tie-breaker would be in case of a 2-2 + a draw result in the semis/final?

I would probably suggest the same as the league table. Manner of win (KO/SUB trumps Dec win) then total time of wins combined in that round as last resort.