The Greatest Manager in MMATycoon history.

KingEpicity

Yeah I went back & looked at top 10 p4p guys & saw LT has twice as many.

LT already has 3 guys #1 p4p too btw with Creel, Proudstar & Creed
Also has 94 title fights in elite orgs (Blitz, Blitz NY/EMP, Asc, EVO/IMMA)
CK has 91 in those same orgs. Starting the game after LT though & having almost 300 more wins is kinda crazy though.
It's definitely between those 2 IMO but ur right it's probably LT tbh. Avon was really before my time so I can't give an opinion on him

Shite, this is one for the record books, we agree publicly on something.

It is close between them, Avon i think has 6 fighters in the top 10 p4p list also. Avon hasn't been about for a long ass time though, so on longevity, you have to give it to CK.

Shite, this is one for the record books, we agree publicly on something.

It is close between them, Avon i think has 6 fighters in the top 10 p4p list also. Avon hasn't been about for a long ass time though, so on longevity, you have to give it to CK.

whoa was thinking the same thing

Haha I'm sure we'll find something to argue about don't worry. I always kinda favored CK because of style points tbh. He did write-ups & talked trash, & hunted guys down that he lost too. He'd win belts in Reach or CWFL & then go to EVO & win titles. Whereas LT had a guy like Remy get top 10 p4p by staying in a mid tier org & dominating while never taking super-fights with him. Or Mar Vell & Mandazaur who were FA pick ups signed to Blitz & he'd fight out their contract & go to CFC or UVT with them which had far inferior competition. So it just gave me the impression CK wanted to fight & beat the best & LT was looking for the path of least resistance. By no means do I think he was scared or a ducker because he was fighting in elite orgs & beating great fighters with some of his other guys. He just seemed loyal to certain orgs like CFC. But 'at the time' it had me looking at him a little funny tbh. Guess I've never completely gotten past that despite the fact he's proven he's just the fucking man

What's peoples opinion on Matt Cave? I think I remember some people bringing up in similar discussions in the past and was BigTree not at #1 for a long time? I think I vaguely remember there was a good couple of months where any time I looked at the rankings he was #1

For the GOAT, there's definitely a couple of names up there and when you consider how MMA Tycoon has evolved with the engine being tweaked from time to time and new skills being added, it can be hard to judge a clear winner. I guess because Lance has been around for so long and has always been up there he's probably the GOAT. There's guys like Avon, Deamus, Dinooo, CK, etc who all deserve a mention when talking about the best managers in the history of MMA Tycoon.

What's peoples opinion on Matt Cave? I think I remember some people bringing up in similar discussions in the past and was BigTree not at #1 for a long time? I think I vaguely remember there was a good couple of months where any time I looked at the rankings he was #1

For the GOAT, there's definitely a couple of names up there and when you consider how MMA Tycoon has evolved with the engine being tweaked from time to time and new skills being added, it can be hard to judge a clear winner. I guess because Lance has been around for so long and has always been up there he's probably the GOAT. There's guys like Avon, Deamus, Dinooo, CK, etc who all deserve a mention when talking about the best managers in the history of MMA Tycoon.

Matt Cave was during Templeton's era of dominance, he was at the top for around 6 months perhaps and if memory serves me right took the #1 spot away from Lance for about a week before LT took it back. He wasn't around nearly enough to be involved in the conversation for the GOAT. It is like Bowser, he was impressive when he was at the top but was only there for a short amount of time.

Big Tree was before my time, perhaps Barn or someone from BHP can fill us in on that one.

In my opinion the GOAT is a person who has managed at the top and dominated in more than 1 era of the game. Avon was dominant at the VERY beginning as was Estefan Chiscano. Estefan still has two fighters in the top of the rankings managed by others now. Whenever I looked at the rankings in my early years I ALWAYS saw Luke Daigle who quit then started a new account and brought Swan Song to the number 1 spot before quitting again. These guys were amazing but none of them are the GOAT. They simply did not play the game long enough. Many great managers got fucked by changes in the game engine and were not so dominant anymore. The GOAT has to be able to dominate before and after changes in the engine. Chris Carter destroys all three of these guys in my opinion. If he wants to come back and dominate this game again he will. He also adds a character to the game that NOBODY else brings whether you like him or not. Is he the GOAT though? A year ago he was. Now? I don't know because the game is constantly changing. DEAN has been KILLING it for over two years. If he hadn't quit for half of last year he likely would have an unbroken streak of two years in the top 10 maybe even 5 (cant remember if he slipped lower than 5). I don't even think Lance has done that. Not to leave Lance out because he has been around the top for a very long time and has ridiculous accomplishments himself.

My top 3 are interchangeable based on who dominates the rankings in the near future because they are that close. Ill put them in the order of who I think has the best handle on the game right now.

Dean Sutherland

Lance Templeton

Chris Karter

Great managers who aren't the GOAT but that I think deserve a mention because they work sliders like VERY few can: JLP, OPA, gunmetal grey/mogul magnate

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Agreed Barnabas. I always considered Lord Rayden a slider wizard too. The problem w/ Rayden and what kinda kept him from being considered as elite as some of these other guys is he didn't manage his roster in the way that these guys all do. Most of the top managers these days only keep fighters w/ elite hiddens & have top p4p potential. Rayden used to grow attached to his guys and keep them long after they had been exposed but still rose high in the p4p's half the time w/ pretty shitty fighters.

I have been around since 2009 and I have to agree with most on here that its probably LT then Dean and CK. All three are great managers and I have had a fighter of all three in my Org at some point and I cant remember any of them Declining fights. In fact they all three left because they need better Comp then what I had in my Org or they cleaned out division. lol

Anyways you cant go wrong with saying any of these three are the GOAT

MMA Tycoon Gods =

Jackie = All time best in this game, hands down.

Avon Barksdale

CK

Lance Templeton

Soon to be MMA Tycoon gods =

Dean

Klatz

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Jackie :OMG: Oh Fucking Hell NO!!!!

NOBODY ducked fights better than that shit talking toad. That motherfucker was an abomination and a stain on the game. He turned down fighting every single one of my fighters for well over a year. I was ranked number 2 for a long time under him at number 1 while he ducked me and hand picked his fights. I am fairly sure he ducked every one of Karter's fighters as well. He put his fighters in shady orgs and fought the same guys time after time. He knew how to work the rankings for sure but If it wasnt for him being ahead of others in gaming the engine during the counter era he likely never would have had the success he did.

If we were talking Trolls he is the GOAT for sure. This is the only online game I have ever played. I dont play fantasy games and I don't even play video games. I didn't even know what trolling was when I joined this game until Jackie introduced me. That ass clown got me good and fired up a few times until I figure it out. King of the trolls - give him a crown. GOAT - you have lost your fucking mind or you were just trolling :shades:

• Upvote 6

one of the OG's that probably only a couple folks here will remember is AmyD -- he was on top for long time and this was before any private gyms were ever thought about and no such "era's" ever existed -- i feel there are too many good managers here to ever say one was the greatest though -- another that comes to mind is Luke he had some great fighters with no real hiddens and also held #1 for some time along with leaving and coming back a year later with new account and taking #1 all over again from scratch

AmyD, now there's a name I have not heard in a while. Oh those Thursday evenings lurking outside his gym waiting for a fighter to drop off so I can take that spot.

I don't watch much TV so for all of 2009-2010 I only thought Avon Barksdale was a cool name for the best manager in this new MMA game I play. It wasn't until I finally binge watched the Wire that I realized where the reference came from. He embodied that same persona here in Tycoon land that he had in the street of Baldy-More, one bad Muthafucka that you didn't want to face.

He fell off and others climbed up, but the one that always seemed to either be the best or sniffing the best was Templeton. Through the years I would click on his page and there was that bear just trucking down the street. Never stops, never rests, never takes a break, always moving forward. I felt that fit Templeton perfectly.

The game has gone through many changes, but one constant has been seeing Templeton ranked as one of the best in the game.

LOL...Jackie...that duck still owes me a Million Dollars

• Upvote 3

Lance Templeton mainly due to his consistency, but i think managers such as Richard Davenport (10647), Mr Gutz (3074), Gale Hawthorne (22636), Whymer Van Mastodon (40116), Matt Cave (45538) all deserve a mention, they were on top (or near the top) for varied periods of time. Dinoo has had a very good 2015 as well.

There's no debate; LT hands down, slider GOAT. Lance's HOF the only HOF I'm aware of that will put mine to shame in terms of fighter rankings.

The following statistics you can view by hovering the mouse over historic record on manager profile...

LT (693 wins, 447 KOs)

wins

447 KO

25 sub
221 Dec

losses

105 KO

24 sub
110 Dec

----------------

CK (979 wins, 576 KOs)

wins

576 KO

91 sub
312 Dec

losses

123 KO

41 sub
211 Dec

----

There is no debate, LT is hands down, the slider GOAT of all time. But LT won't come close to passing me any time soon on KO or wins list.

manager to watch on KO & win list:

JLP (913 wins, 520 KOs)

wins
520 KO

73 sub
320 Dec

losses
149 KO

61 sub
195 Dec

but as long as I'm around, he won't be anything other than a much less attractive, far less talented, poor man's version of yours truly, King Karter.

• Upvote 5

last post... :nerd:

dinooo hit the nail on the head with me and consistency. I'm a lazy unmotivated stoner who has too short of attention span to fully devote the time necessary to maintain. Over the years I found numerous ways to entertain myself or keep myself around; alliance, smacktalk, write ups, etc... mostly antagonistically trolling the forums.

FTR; (regarding KO's and wins)

til recently I went through roster phase full of grapplers - and most lacked KO power to develop into competent strikers.

Ichiro Takahashi, Taz Rutten, Ben Stone, Musashi Kato, Pluto Palhares, Shinichi Fuujin (only had him for 10 fights)

^^^ none of these guys except Ben Stone had any type of KO power, and he had glass chin. All of them were on my active roster for at least a couple years.

This list don't include Abe and Puno, grapple builds, still active on current roster.

• Upvote 2

I didnt read the whole thread but I guess my name has been mentioned few times. I would like to thank all my fans..

I am know as the Decision Master. My nemesis is the KO King. I will create average fighters with good skills and mediocre hiddens and then try to suffogate your free agent pick with KO power and Granite chin with my sliders.

And for me the greatest was/is Avon.

• Upvote 4