Jon Jones test positive for steriods

PBR

Found a bit more info. It seems my former neighbors, the East Germans, were highly fond of Turinabol (or were they fondly high ..... probably both^^).

I quote:

"Thanks to the East Germans and their meticulous record keeping the exceptional performance enhancing effects of Turinabol are laid bare. To illustrate, a female shot putter with 14 years of prior clean training under her belt began her first doping program with three cycles of Turinabol over the season which consisted of between 5-15mg per day. Before she embarked on her doping regime she had a reasonable personal best performance of a little under 18m, but after her three Turinabol cycles she broke the world record with a throw of 21.1m, a giant gain for someone who was already at the cusp of her genetic potential! Records show she was administered increased dosages after this, working up to 35mg per day, which enabled her to exceed her previous best and throw 20.2m. Of interest, even long after she ceased her doping program she still had a throw that was roughly one meter further than her previous clean best, indicating that doping has long lasting residual effects. So much for 2-4 year bans, eh?"

• Upvote 2

Jon Bones Jones @JonnyBones

Daniel says the only reason I defeated him the first time is because I must have been on steroids, wonder what his excuse will be this time

https://twitter.com/JonnyBones/status/888441810825228289

this tweet come back to bite him in the ass if this all ends up true -- lol

Highly suspect T/E ratio around their previous fight.....

Jones got the benefit of the doubt at that time..

This time around is simply a confirmation of the heating in their previous fight..

Jon Jones wont get any benefit of the doubt this time.

If he is to be allowed to fight again, he should be subject of the stringiest random testing in MMA history.

Is anyone even remotely surprised?

Guy has barely fought since USADA came in and now gets popped for roids.

dont know if true or not but read somewhere that the testing just recently got updated to better standards for finding people trying to cover up the use with other stuff -- no one was made aware of the recent changes or better testing that is happening till now -- guess he is first to get popped using new standards

And i was wrong before he was test and passed 2 weeks before the one he failed.

he actually passed 7 randoms during the fight camp for this fight but he failed the only test that was not random the one after the weigh ins which he knew about i think that is very strange.

And i was wrong before he was test and passed 2 weeks before the one he failed.

he actually passed 7 randoms during the fight camp for this fight but he failed the only test that was not random the one after the weigh ins which he knew about i think that is very strange.

Maybe he got some minor injury near the end of the camp. The single most core advantage, which is granted by steroids and the reason why they are so tempting for athletes of all sorts (not just body builders and power lifters), is that steroids basically cut the regeneration time in half. You can regenerate faster and train more. The muscle building capacity is really just the most relevant aspect of it all, as far as it concerns strength athletes.

Or maybe he just got the jitters. An irrational uncertainty for being away from the octagon far longer than he should have been. And felt that he needed a little something extra. Wouldn't be too much of a stretch, given his past "exploits".

I watched video today with Dana White and he said this steroid could go out of the system in 2 days as far as he did hear so its possible he did take it just before the fight. Also watched some body builders talked and they said its good to increase your stamina.

Jon Jones is sooooooooo dumb!!

like now he will be out at lest another year or more after just missing 1 year for the same damn thing.. this guy is one of the best fighters in UFC and dont even need any thing to make him better like wtf is he doing throwing away his career smh..

I think he will come back in a few years but at that time UFC will be soo much bigger and he will not be that super star anymore.. even if he comes back and wins a few fights its always gonna be what IF or what could of been smh....

what a waste!!!

He just did come of the suspension so by USADA he would probably get 4 year suspension now.

Problem for him is that UFC will probably not realise him eve with out UFC he can be big star at the moment. There would be organizations that would pay him well like Rizzin or some of these crazy Russian guys.

He just did come of the suspension so by USADA he would probably get 4 year suspension now.

Problem for him is that UFC will probably not realise him eve with out UFC he can be big star at the moment. There would be organizations that would pay him well like Rizzin or some of these crazy Russian guys.

TBH if he is out 4 years he is probably done fighting maybe he comes back for a few more but he is done.. i could see ufc letting him call fights after a year or so maybe if he wanted too.

Smells of a definite setup. Some people that are well connected lost a substantial amount of money betting on DC and are scrambling to save their asses/assets.

tbh with or without the drugs im 100% sure he would beat DC hands down Jones was/is the better fighter

TBH if he is out 4 years he is probably done fighting maybe he comes back for a few more but he is done.. i could see ufc letting him call fights after a year or so maybe if he wanted too.

Yeah I dont see UFC bringing him back any time soon but the problem is that I dont think they will also let him go so easly he is the p4p number one fighter in the world and thats a fact.

Smells of a definite setup. Some people that are well connected lost a substantial amount of money betting on DC and are scrambling to save their asses/assets.

Or the other way, ,people who bet on Jones, refuse to accept he's a genuine asshole... and a cheater.

Now, how do we settle our bet! ;)

Yeah I dont see UFC bringing him back any time soon but the problem is that I dont think they will also let him go so easly he is the p4p number one fighter in the world and thats a fact.

tbh i hope he is only out 1 year or 2 and gets his shit together and gets back in to fighting .. but i hope UFC makes him start from the bottom and i hope he fights a few times not just 1 or 2 fights a year i hope he fights 3 or 4 maybe even 5 times in a year and.. fights bottom/middle guys just to give them a chance at a big name fighter and to show him that he better not fail a test again..

cause im sorry the guy was out 1 year then comes back and gets to fight for the title like i dont think thats right i hate how UFC does that like no if they have a big lay off let them fight 2 or 3 people before they get another shot at the belt .. no one is bigger then the sport no one should be able to have a 1 year layoff and come back and get a title shot when theres others who been fighting for a shot all year.. like i just dont get it

tbh i hope he is only out 1 year or 2 and gets his shit together and gets back in to fighting .. but i hope UFC makes him start from the bottom and i hope he fights a few times not just 1 or 2 fights a year i hope he fights 3 or 4 maybe even 5 times in a year and.. fights bottom/middle guys just to give them a chance at a big name fighter and to show him that he better not fail a test again..

cause im sorry the guy was out 1 year then comes back and gets to fight for the title like i dont think thats right i hate how UFC does that like no if they have a big lay off let them fight 2 or 3 people before they get another shot at the belt .. no one is bigger then the sport no one should be able to have a 1 year layoff and come back and get a title shot when theres others who been fighting for a shot all year.. like i just dont get it

From a mere perspective of being enthusiastic about the sport, I fully agree with you. But the business side of it all doesn't. As soon as somebody has a well above average name recognition .... let alone a very big name value, promoters tend to grow protective and put the guys on top of the cards, no matter what. That is why beaten up heroes (think BJ Penn, Shogun etc.) got booked atop of cards way past their best days. And it is why the GSPs, Jones', Rouseys and McGregors of this world get booked in title fights straight away. Be it after absence, after switching a weight class or after a loss.
And they are right, for that is what the market routinely demands. Did McGregor have any earned right to be in the boxing ring with Mayweather? Hell no! But look how massive that fight was commercially.

• 2 weeks later...

Jon Jones ‘B’ sample has also come back positive for the steroid Turinabol, according to a report from ESPN.com.

Jones initially tested positive for the banned substance during an in-competition urine test administered by USADA on July 28. The Jackson-Wink MMA product defeated Daniel Cormier via third-round technical knockout to regain the light heavyweight title in the UFC 214 headliner in Anaheim, Calif., on July 29.

"Mr. Jones 'B' sample has confirmed the 'A' sample findings,”a USADA spokesperson told ESPN. "Importantly -- as previously stated -- due process should occur before drawing any conclusions about this matter.”

It is rare that a ‘B’ sample will contradict the findings of the ‘A’ sample. Jones’ team has denied that the fighter intentionally used a banned substance. Jones is still entitled to a full review process with USADA, and he is also scheduled to appear before the California State Athletic Commission on Oct. 17.

Jones could be facing a four-year suspension for his second failed drug test. Prior to UFC 200, “Bones” tested positive for the estrogen blockers clomiphene and Letrozol and was given a one-year suspension for negligence after he was able to prove that he took a sexual enhancement pill that contained the two substances. It is possible that Jones team will again attempt to prove that he unknowingly took Turinabol through a tainted supplement.

Jones has not yet been stripped of the light heavyweight belt, as he has not gone through a full review process with USADA. If he is found to be at fault, Jones victory will likely be overturned to a no contest by CSAC.

Jones reportedly passed multiple out-of-competition drug tests prior to UFC 214. He also passed a blood test on July 29. However, Turinabol is not detectable in a blood test.

Jones has been relatively quite since the failed drug test. He most recently posted on Twitter on Sept. 10, writing, “You gotta live with tomorrow despite how you’re feeling today.”