2016 Award Winners!

GBK16

This years awards were a farce due to the comical "more than 5 votes from alliance don't count" rule. So it is ok for more than 5 people from your alliance to vote for someone else, but not your own alliance mate, lol. Apparently that rule was made up because LOD candidates "campaigned" for their companies/fighters to get voted, what about the bias "anti campaign" outside of our alliance. There were a group of 15-20 people who basically avoided our candidate and essentially always voted for the "best next option". So their vote always counts, but ours does not? pfff is the most polite thing i can say.

For example, David Brent came "joint first" for Breakout manager. He has been #1 in the rankings 3 times this year, hold multiple titles in the top orgs and won a Gold AND Silver medal in the Olympics. The person he came joint first with had a best ranking of 3rd and achieved peanuts in comparison. I can say a similar thing about multiple awards where our candidate who should of won an award was not given it, simply due to this rule.

In my books, the REAL winners are the ones with the most votes, this is a popularity competition anyway. I am ok with having a committee award, so it will be similar to how the Eurovision works (they have a popular vote and a committee vote). That means you have the good and bad from each side. I think the members of the committee should be voted upon every year. Maybe pick 5 committee candidates.

Also, this year i will be doing an analysis of all the top fighters/managers. I do this for my own alliance, but i will expand it for the whole game, so i will know who was the real best in each division.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 8

This years awards were a farce due to the comical "more than 5 votes from alliance don't count" rule. So it is ok for more than 5 people from your alliance to vote for someone else, but not your own alliance mate, lol. Apparently that rule was made up because LOD candidates "campaigned" for their companies/fighters to get voted, what about the bias "anti campaign" outside of our alliance. There were a group of 15-20 people who basically avoided our candidate and essentially always voted for the "best next option". So their vote always counts, but ours does not? pfff is the most polite thing i can say.

For example, David Brent came "joint first" for Breakout manager. He has been #1 in the rankings 3 times this year, hold multiple titles in the top orgs and won a Gold AND Silver medal in the Olympics. The person he came joint first with had a best ranking of 3rd and achieved peanuts in comparison. I can say a similar thing about multiple awards where our candidate who should of won an award was not given it, simply due to this rule.

In my books, the REAL winners are the ones with the most votes, this is a popularity competition anyway. I am ok with having a committee award, so it will be similar to how the Eurovision works (they have a popular vote and a committee vote). That means you have the good and bad from each side. I think the members of the committee should be voted upon every year. Maybe pick 5 committee candidates.

Also, this year i will be doing an analysis of all the top fighters/managers. I do this for my own alliance, but i will expand it for the whole game, so i will know who was the real best in each division.

I am very amused how you still seem not to understand that zerging every award category isnt fair either.

• Upvote 2

This is classic Mentor really.

Mass vote yourself into award(s) last year > Everything is good, we totally deserve it

MIKE (Note how it was MIKE who came up with the rule, nobody else) sees a problem and introduces a rule which prevents that > Omg, there is bias against us! This is comical!

Also - Note how Legion of Doom won 5 awards (If you include Krum Koev winning Best New Manager since he was LOD at the beginning of the whole process - I know you probably will since you still claim credit for this kind of thing) despite your supposed bias against you.

Fact is, there is NO bias against Legion Of Doom, as much as you wish for members of your alliance to believe it in order to keep them in your bubble. The fact you say in your messages to new people trying to recruit them "If you join LOD, you will likely be despised by the forums" just shows how much of a top grade bellend you are in trying to influence them before they even experience things for themselves. You know who people do despise however? You. Now how about stop with this whole "Us vs Them" mentality. I for one don't have anything against LOD, as there are some great members in there. But you seem to take any opportunity to use things as propaganda.

You, Mentor, are literally acting like ISIS. They want to turn events in order to have Muslims believe it is an "Us vs Them" thing, and it is the same scenario here where you want LOD members to feel like they can't go near the forums for fear of being despise when it is in fact nothing like that. Statements from Ryan Epicity and Krum Koev can attest to that who were both LOD members when they first went on the forums and they understood there was no animosity towards them.

As for the Awards process, like I said, a thread will be going up this weekend where you can feel free to put forward any proposals you wish to be considered, just like every other member of the game. End of the day, the only people complaining were you, Shiftas and Humors - And shit even Humors was cool with it in the end. When it's literally that few people complaining, I would say considering the shit storm you threatened to blow up, this year went relatively okay. Complain if you want, everyone else will be moving forward.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 3

The ISIS comparison is a bit uncalled for GBK, but other than that, I agree completely with you.

@Mentor. Multiple guys from LOD have received awards this year, just like every year. You have some very good managers in your ranks, but it's not because you are a big group that you should be able to dictate who wins what award.

The rule that Mike implemented is fair.

Keep in mind that the small alliances you seem to despise are actually not even using their 5 votes.
Lets put it this way: some people vote for who they really believe should win, while others complain and try to massvote their buddy up to 'glory'.

I think you are a great org owner, I really do, but you really should stop whining about these awards. I did a quick check and to me it seems like 90-95% of the winners are 100% correct. There are a few awards that in my opinion should have gone to someone else, but who cares... I'm not the one who decides, the community does.

Apart from your comments, and from some of your buddies, the yearly awards went pretty smooth and I think most people are more than ok with the winners that have been decided.

Keep things the way they are or just let Convicted hand out the awards.

Remove:

Island Fighter of the Year *

Breakthrough Fighter of the Year

Breakthrough Manager of the Year

Best New Org of the Year **

Forumer of the Year

Designer of the Year

Fight Character of the Year

Game Contributor of the Year

CEO of the Year

Best New Manager

* the Island tournament at the end of the season decides this

** only one on here I might leave

Separate:

Company of the Year into Clothing Company OTY and Nutrition Company OTY

what's wrong with designer of the year?

• Upvote 2

Answering to GBK, In the past 3 1/2 years, we have had approximately 300-350 people join LOD, i am pretty sure that there was a good dozen or so which were unhappy with their time with us, you cannot satisfy everyone. End of the day is that those people are now top community members and they started their gaming experience in LOD, we helped them get involved in the game.

There is a clear anti-LOD sentiment overall, i am not saying everyone, but the recent awards proved that unless you are someone liked (Whymer and Alika were 2 such members), you wont get a community vote and being in LOD played a role because most of the LOD candidates were legitimate candidates who got neglected.

In regards to the vote limit rule, you played a role in influencing Mike towards this decision, he just followed the advice of the person running them. It is absolutely absurd that a vote of a valid member of this game wont be counted, simply because he is from your alliance, that is what i feel is unfair here. LOD has a significant amount of the total VIP members of this game, it is not our fault that we have so many members and people should not be penalized for being in a bigger more active community. Obviously we are the only ones arguing this rule, because we are the only ones losing out from this, i guess other alliances like the Unit / BAMF also get penalized, but they did not have any legit candidates anyway. I do think that the end results were not totally unfair though, if we go down the list of awards, 80-90% of them are about right, what is not right though is to nerf someone's vote simply because they are supporting a friend.

Also GBK, keep your ISIS crap to yourself.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 7

You do understand that without this rule, LOD could easily make this manager for example win manager of the year? You do understand that without this rule with your and Rabid's ability to mass mail people pushing them to vote, there won't be MMA Tycoon awards of the year, but Mentor's awards of the year?

It is fair for everyone, because everyone gets a limit of 5 friendly votes. Then to win, he should be recognized by the whole community.

Poster of the Year

^^ feel like that gives credit to designers. Awards are just a clusterfuck. Too many. There was more of a debate about internet CEO of the Year than Fight of the Year.

You can be a great designer, but lose to someone who just made 1 really really good avatar or poster. Designer of the year is quality and consitency, these 2 are just to show good work.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You do understand that without this rule, LOD could easily make this manager for example win manager of the year? You do understand that without this rule with your and Rabid's ability to mass mail people pushing them to vote, there won't be MMA Tycoon awards of the year, but Mentor's awards of the year?

It is fair for everyone, because everyone gets a limit of 5 friendly votes. Then to win, he should be recognized by the whole community.

Well, if you guys feel that a certain candidate is "inappropriate", such as the one you mentioned, then that is where a committee could play it's role. In other words they could disregard or disqualify a candidate who clearly is not an option. We never had inappropriate candidates for an award anyway. The best option is have the committee who is voted in be responsible for the nominations, people can still nominate, but the committee will decide who will be considered. That way bad candidates wont be included, so the risk you mention is removed. Also if there is "evidence" that LOD or anyone is forcing people to vote for their nomination, we will make sure that wont happen.

What you guys fail to understand though is that LOD is a significant part of the top level managers in this game. At the time we are writing, around 20% of the top 200 managers are in LOD. That is HUGE. I fully understand how intimidated all you guys are and it is true, that if i was to put some effort to promote certain candidates, we would probably win every award on the list, that is how dominant we are. The thing is, we do not do what you are accusing us of doing. Proof is the past voting. We had virtually no campaign whatsoever besides listing the nominations, so whoever was interested in voting did and the rest did not. Only around 20% of LOD even participated in the voting, despite being active in game.

So the 5 votes per alliance is essentially a "inferiority" rule, to protect yourself from if Mentor decides to dominate your ass, something which has not happened in the past 4 elections though. This rule is clearly a penalization of a large section of the community though and unfair to those members because their opinion is being disregarded.

Anyway, i am not going to bother answering this, i already spent enough time on this bullshit, i already explained my view and if some of you guys were not bias, you would at least acknowledge the fact that the current system is unfair.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

Lol and Mentor finally shows his ass again. Keep your skewed stats to yourself because anyone can quote statistics and hype themselves up.

The Six Musketeers make up 30% of the top 20 in the game.

We also make up 30% of the top 10 in the game.

All 6 members of our alliance are inside the top 20.

You are only as strong as your weakest link, LOD has 55 members outside the top 200, way more than any other alliance in the game. We have 0 outside the top 20 therefore we must be the best alliance in the game and LOD the worst.

100% of the above statistics are absolutely meaningless and shed in light that makees our alliance look like gold and LOD like shit. Much like Mentor and his stats.

Also you're right I wouldn't say ISIS more like North Korea's cult of personality and isolationism.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

The only snub I could possibly see is David Brent not winning Breakthrough manager of the year and he still won it just as a tie so not even a true snub.

I volunteer to be on the new awards committee.

• Downvote 4