#181 Mentor

Mentor

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 4,826 posts
  • Interests:Games, MMA, Basketball
  • Manager Profile

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:52 AM

The big news was clearly Japan (3rd largest economy in the world), since they approved Bitcoin and some of the altcoins as currency, they market has basically increased by 4. They only approved crypto currencies as legit currencies in April and look what has already happened. I think other countries will have to accept them as currencies as well pretty soon because Japan will end up benefiting economicaly (especially via online sales), so i think it is a matter of time. They are saying that when the capitalization hits around 4-6 trillion US $, virtually every economy will have to legitimise them because that is too significant to ignore. This could also hit regular currencies eventually because people will likely dillute their currency portfolio's.

#182 AdamHolland

AdamHolland

Purple Belt

• Developer
  • 587 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:57 AM

Tone Vays predicted 5 week bull run on the ascending triangle.

hKGic5D0RdeVS1uK8ul5ng.png

PentarhUdi (potentially masterluc ???, legendary trader who predicted multiple market pops) also posted this.

hAj8y19UT0WYsuCUx_m3XQ.png

And this...

qXByUPqcQCmDy3PskGhtUw.png

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image   Posted Image

Aspire Alliance                                            Aspire MMA                                              Aspire Clothing                                        Aspire Nutrition

#183 MMATycoon

MMATycoon

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 9,470 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:19 PM

Bitcoin forking again in November might slow things down. The tone of news articles will change from positive to negative, which might stop new investors coming in. However, the way BTC went up after the first fork might make people more keen to hold on to their BTC, or pile in for another free coin.

The only annoying thing about it is that it affects alts negatively when people pull out of alts to put it in BTC or USDT.

#184 AdamHolland

AdamHolland

Purple Belt

• Developer
  • 587 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:55 PM

Neo entry?

L-36KPOrRzuD2C2YBmrOJw.png

Also do not sleep on Etherum, check out this http://thehackernews...7/08/microsoft-ethereum-coco-framework.html possible moon next year?

Aspire Alliance                                            Aspire MMA                                              Aspire Clothing                                        Aspire Nutrition

#185 SteelPenn

SteelPenn

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:Steel's quote

Steel Penn Alliance
    Steel Penn Fighting Temple
    #Gableisajerkoff
    Steel Penn's Steel Terror 160
    Steel Penn's Steel Rio 160
    Steel Penn's Steel Amsterdam 160
  • Manager Profile

Posted 17 August 2017 - 06:31 PM

I want to buy this rig?  Thoughts?  https://www.tryminin...3-year-warranty

1393712666w08NAc3.gif  1386438518due5.png       14154099341319991724SPFTbig.jpg          1455459176our%20logo.jpg 1326675969Steel%20Penn%20Alliance%20Bann1422825674SPIQ4_zpsab25d215.png

#186 AdamHolland

AdamHolland

Purple Belt

• Developer
  • 587 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 06:38 PM

I needed to see this. It changed my entire world. I want it to change more people's world.

Re: Mining, I honestly do not know enough about it to say one way or the other but I assume you kind of need to be doing it on an industrial scale at this point to see worthy returns?

#187 SeanJuan

SeanJuan

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:33 PM

How computer savvy are you? I only glanced quickly at the article, but if what they are saying is that it achieves 240 Mh/s, then I would question the value.

I built a rig recently for around $4,000 USD that is currently mining ethereum at ~276 Mh/s, while also mining SiaCoin at about 10 times that (depending on how I tweak my settings).

I will grant you that my setup is not "enterprise-grade", but given the usable life of technology, that feels expensive. Just my two cents.

#188 SeanJuan

SeanJuan

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:37 PM

How computer savvy are you? I only glanced quickly at the article, but if what they are saying is that it achieves 240 Mh/s, then I would question the value.

I built a rig recently for around $4,000 USD that is currently mining ethereum at ~276 Mh/s, while also mining SiaCoin at about 10 times that (depending on how I tweak my settings).

I will grant you that my setup is not "enterprise-grade", but given the usable life of technology, that feels expensive. Just my two cents.

Further reading into the specs, i really feel like they are targeting folks that do not know much about mining. They are boasting that there are dual xeon cpus and all, but, at least for ethereum/sia, that means next to nothing. The rig I build is running on a celeron I bought for about $40. Maybe I'm missing something though.

#189 itakebrides

itakebrides

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:57 PM

For the money your spending i think your just better off buying then to tell you the truth instead of mining .You also have to think of the electricity cost .Unless u live in china or venuala with cheap electricity  i doubt u make money on it lucky to break even .

Russell_Crowe_Loves_Fighting_Fighting_Ar

#190 SeanJuan

SeanJuan

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 98 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:51 PM

Further reading into the specs, i really feel like they are targeting folks that do not know much about mining. They are boasting that there are dual xeon cpus and all, but, at least for ethereum/sia, that means next to nothing. The rig I build is running on a celeron I bought for about $40. Maybe I'm missing something though.

I suppose the CPU is being used to mine Monero, come to think of it.

#191 SteelPenn

SteelPenn

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:Steel's quote

Steel Penn Alliance
    Steel Penn Fighting Temple
    #Gableisajerkoff
    Steel Penn's Steel Terror 160
    Steel Penn's Steel Rio 160
    Steel Penn's Steel Amsterdam 160
  • Manager Profile

Posted Today, 12:08 AM

Thank you for the input  

1393712666w08NAc3.gif  1386438518due5.png       14154099341319991724SPFTbig.jpg          1455459176our%20logo.jpg 1326675969Steel%20Penn%20Alliance%20Bann1422825674SPIQ4_zpsab25d215.png

#192 SeanJuan

SeanJuan

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 98 posts

Posted Today, 03:01 AM

I suppose the CPU is being used to mine Monero, come to think of it.

If you are into computer building I could help point you in the right direction. Just let me know.

#193 AdamHolland

AdamHolland

Purple Belt

• Developer
  • 587 posts

Posted Today, 08:11 AM

For anyone wondering while BTC is having its correction (Friday drop to $3,900 or so before sitting around $4,000) BCC was doing the hustle and went up from $350 all the way to $£750 at the time of posting, of course even that had a correction over the night back down to $650 or so but by morning it was firmly back at $750 with a potential to go higher (following the next dip), but once BTC starts to see 5k... I dono, if this thing drops to $350 again I think I will buy 1 whole unit and put it in my hoddle portfolio as a high-risk / reward item and see what happens, maybe I'm wrong and it will also be worth 5k one day, but I dont think so, but short term gains are real here.

This is a short term thing in my view, the idea of BCC actually killing BTC isn't really a thing, it was just a coincidence of timing that the BTC correction came in at the same point news was breaking here https://cash.coin.dance/blocks that mining BCC blocks were at the time +50% more profitable to mine, but in turn the reason it had become more profitable was fewer miners, that figure is now down to 49% and will continue to drop and long term I assume with segwit2x forcing another split, we are just going to see a dilution of the available hash power rather than a complete abandonment of the BTC by big chain company's and now nations.

At the same time Neo dropped down to $32 as people pulled profits from it after multiple day's of downward's movement since hitting $50, if you go back and look at the charts you will see massive influxes of smart money towards the latter end of the dip, this is how the game is played. This morning Neo is back to $38 and I fully expect long term for this coin to be $100+, its a platform and this is exactly the thing you should be trying to hoddle and buy the dip when people panic, long term you will most likely win this way.

And finally, I'm not saying to buy it... I'm not even sure yet, but I'm hearing Golem (GNT) has every reason to boom over the next few day's as rumour's that a brass release announcement circulate, it should be worth saying Golem has done nothing but lose money since the May/July pump... but it could spike, it could. If it does, and you happen to get in, dont be in for too long! https://coinmarketca...network-tokens/

DHilXhsW0AAfjFT.png

Update: Regarding Neo... the people I'm talking with seem to feel that multi-language smart contracts are fairly vulnerable and that Ehterum has had many attacks while Neo is essentially a GitHub development been compared to Etherium might not be a fair comparison in that regard, but it does still have the China thing going for it, even on perception alone Neo will rise far above where it is now, but is this the $100-$250-$350 coin I hope it will be? I'm less sure the more I research it.

Update 2: I went in on BCC, trying to double up in the dips. we hit 0.210 as I posted this fighting back to the new ATH of 0.240 since the launch day drop, I'm staying in till near 0.3, it's a gamble.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users