Rejecting a fight after you have already accepted it.

Hi guys,

after I just accepted a fight offer for one of my fighters, I saw that the fight is not in my fighter's weight class. He's a light heavyweight and the fight is against a heavyweight. So now I really don't want my fighter to fight a guy who is 50 pounds heavier. The fight is still "under offer" as the other guy hasn't accepted it yet. Can I still get out of that fight?

Cheers.

If this is why you don't want the fight then you should maybe look at changing his division or org. He is signed to the 265+ division which means there could be regular offers to fight guys much heavier than yours. For example, the champion of that division is 300lbs before cutting weight. I obviously don't know what communication there was before signing the contract but if you don't want to face guys that could weigh as much as that then you need to negotiate something with the owner. Either a release or a guarantee that you will only face guys of similar weight.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hi guys,

after I just accepted a fight offer for one of my fighters, I saw that the fight is not in my fighter's weight class. He's a light heavyweight and the fight is against a heavyweight. So now I really don't want my fighter to fight a guy who is 50 pounds heavier. The fight is still "under offer" as the other guy hasn't accepted it yet. Can I still get out of that fight?

Cheers.

Your org is LHW, HW and SHW all in one. Its in the description. You should talk to your org owner and try to find a suitable remedy if that is buying back your contract or whatever. You will probably face this a lot in this org the way it is set up.

I just fought yesterday at SHW as a LHW and won. It isn't always a bad thing to fight in a division above you.

Back when Infinity only had an open weight division, I done relatively well with a welterweight (12-7 I think) knocking out a number of guys close to 100lbs heavier, so being a light heavyweight isn't a death sentence, far from it. As Bwang said, some managers deliberately take lighter fighters to the heavier divisions.

• Upvote 1

You'd have a speed advantage. Some people actively seek to be the much lighter guy.

This. Just fight man that 50lbs weight difference might just be in your favor. Don't try to apply real world logic into mmatycoon and you're good. :)