ITFL Season 4 - "Carpe Diem"

GBK16

You are right I didn't notice that until JLP pointed it out to me earlier. I guess the only real edge is they get the first two fights they want for sure. I still don't like having to pick a weight at a set pick number so I don't know how else to make it better. Maybe every other pick. 1,1,1,1,1,1,1.

After looking through to see how to make this a more "fair" process in terms of Home Advantage, I came up with 2 possible solutions

A - Home Team gets Picks 1 and 2, Away Team gets Picks 3 and 4, with Home then getting 5, 6 and 7

B - Home Team gets Pick 1, Away Team then gets Picks 2, 3 and 4, with Home then getting 5, 6 and 7

In example A, Home would Overall get 5 picks, while Away gets 2

In example B, Home would get 4 picks Overall, while Away gets 3

Overall, I would be leaning towards Example A, as with clever picking, the Away team could cut Home's advantage to only 4 picks, but it would still result in the "Home" team technically still holding the edge.

The problem with all the solutions so far debated is that it creates a pattern. The solution A, for exemple, the Home team to ensures a 5-2 must pick 2 170 fights, any other pick will end up 4-3. After that the Away team is obliged to pick 2 HW and then the Home team picks the 2 last HW fights. There is no room for change here, it will always be like that.

I think Joe spot on the best solution. A 1^7 looks ugly but fix all the issues that we are having. If everything works fine the home team should end with a 4-3. The teams can pick a MW or a HW as they please, it doesn't matter the order and there is a higher possibility for some team captain to screw up and the picks end in a 5-2 or 3-4. This should the ''hardest'' and the most enjoyable way for a team captain to do the draft picks. At least it's what I think.

• Upvote 1

Deadline has passed for any last minute team changes to be made, so these are the teams we will go with.

We will also go with Option A, since it means that as long as the Home Team captain doesn't do a royal fuck up, they will have an advantage. Since each team will be Home once to all other alliances, there is no disadvantage overall for anyone.

Now with that being confirmed, FinnFighters, Team Conquer and Vendino get the first 2 fight picks for their matches. I will update the 3rd post with the picks as they are announced.

We might change one of our Heavyweight fighters, David Smith. The only reason why I haven't mentioned it until now was because I didn't think we had a replacement but we need to confirm with our replacements fight organisation first.

I know it's last minute, but it's still the day of the deadline so I hope it'll be okay.

We might change one of our Heavyweight fighters, David Smith. The only reason why I haven't mentioned it until now was because I didn't think we had a replacement but we need to confirm with our replacements fight organisation first.

I know it's last minute, but it's still the day of the deadline so I hope it'll be okay.

No matchups so far in your first fight so I don't see a major issue with it. Just let me know asap so your opponent's team can adjust their plans accordingly.

Got a ton of UNFC fighters looking to rip this bitch a part. Best of luck to Bruce Wayne, Taisto Perälä, Bernhard Adelhard, Antoni Kristofer Hong, Algot Von Panzerhosen, Diego Bustamante and Dante Cross Furia. I practically have my own team to cheer for. :P

I think it'd be smart for the top org owners to keep their eyes keen on Antoni Kristofer Hong, he's signed up after just finishing his last fight on his contract and he's talked about considering moving up to a top org. Even if he doesn't end up coming back I still loved working with his manager and his fighter is nothing short of a monster, I'd gladly keep a place in the org for him in the future.

We'll have our picks in by tomorrow. Waiting to hear back from 2 guys.

GBK were Vendino vs Dogs picks made in that order? Trying to gauge how captains are making picks

Yeah the picks were made in order from top to bottom. Flavius Odoacer vs Antoni Kristofer Hong was a result of it being the only 265lbs fight left following The Stray Dog's picks