Fedor Emelinenko: Why he's your favorite fighter's favorite fighter...

I find it funny how you first engage me in a discussion and then try to downgrade it because you didn't find yourself winning the argument.

This is where you are incorrect, Steeve. Just like others in this thread have done, I wasn't arguing with you - I was telling you.

Your implication of weakness on my part for choosing not to continue this conversation is equally flawed. In the words of the historian Edward Gibbon, "I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect. "

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turning a middleweight fight into an openweight fight to make it a welterweight fight is against the laws of physics Scabby. I guess somebody manipulated the calibrations of the scales and bribed the officials to book it wrongly just to screw you over. Btw I'm turning away from this argument but just remember it's because I couldn't win.

In the words of the historian Edward Gibbon, "I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect. "
Except you did and still do :D

from wikipedia...so take it anyway you want. i dont think that k-1 link you gave is all that legit though. they probably just put in bj's usual weight class.

You claim my official K-1 website link is illegitimate and then post... Wikipedia. Tsk tsk. I expected better from someone who isn't Steeve. If the K-1 site just put in usual weight classes, they would have Renzo as a 170lbs fighter, cause he's signed to the UFC at that weight.

I read the page, and then the link Wikipedia cites as evidence for your case. Here it is: http://www.mmaringreport.com/k-1-news/k-1/...-hawaii-15.html

I didn't see anything there that says Penn was at 185, but tell me if I missed it.

Steeve, I have a reasonably good idea of the laws of physics, i think, and I also don't think I said... whatever it is you're implying. I posted that I counted the openweight bouts that Penn fought at 170 in his WW record before, but you don't seem to read threads or, y'know, be smart, so I say it again.

Also, I know you want to use your tried and tested strategy of posting a smiley and running away from an argument you're losing, but please, tell me what you think was "me being right and them being wrong". Was it saying Overeem was very likely to beat Fedor, despite all the evidence to the contrary? Was it Penn being a middleweight in 2 fights that records show he wasn't?. Tell, tell. I'd really like to know. For me?

well i dont know how reliable k-1.sport.de is honestly....

it says k-1, but i wouldnt call it the official k-1 site. sherdog is a pretty official site, but even some of there weights are wrong on fightfinder. it isnt impossible to believe that whoever runs that site just looked up bj penn and decided to use bj's most regular weight class.

and this will be renzo's first fight at 170...so why would they use that weight? he's fought all of his career at 185 or higher before signing to the ufc.

you can watch the fight and also see bj is far fatter than he was at 155 or 170.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

buffer says bj weighs 191 pounds in the intro. i guess that settles that.

good try though, heh.

This is a good quote for all forum members to take heed of.

I'm sure there is something I said to you to deserve this. You're usually too down to earth to take low shots at somebody like this.

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

buffer says bj weighs 191 pounds in the intro. i guess that settles that.

good try though, heh.

Ya got me. Guess I shouldn't trust everything I read.