Tuf loss

Well fought Jeff,, you made me a fan, that's for sure.

You won the fight, dominated the standup and then got laid on for a bit.

The biggest loser in this is TUF itself, losing a very exciting fighter only to get a beach blanket into the house.

TUF suddenly became less interesting without you. ;)

WTF with the 1 round fights? Just stupid in my opinion, ok so you may get a few dull fights due to nobody wanting to risk too much but surely that is better than ending up with the wrong guy advancing to the house, no? No disrespect to Larsen he did what he had to for the win (although like everyone else I thought Jeff won) but he will just be a stepping stone to one of the other guys in the house when he can't rely on the lay and pray tactic. I don't think he can win but Jeff would have been a serious threat, as said elsewhere, the real loser here is TUF 15. Chin up Jeff, UFC noticed you once, it wont be long until you're where you're supposed to be.

• Upvote 1

Had some of the lads come around to my house to make a day of it (aired live @ 1300 in Australia), 100% consensus was that you won that round.

Costas was another that didn't get into the house and he's doing well in the big show.

Hey guys sorry for my shtty performance. Although I do think I won the fight that's not at all how good I can fight....just overall shitty 9 days being locked in a hotel without any phone. And the Only working out I could do was treadmill running for about twenty minutes a day. But hey no excuses at least I have time to play tycoon and get my ass in shape....thanks for all the love guys

Losing feels like shit

Jeff

I thought you won, dude. You won the first 3:30 pretty decisively and he spent the next 1:30 blanketing you and doing no damage. Your transitions were really nice, it definitely looked like you were the better fighter. Unfortunately the judges score the final minute too heavily. Based on the shitty decision I hope Dana will give you a shot as an alternate. There's always someone getting injured.

Dana is really aware of twitter "campaigns". Anyone that has twitter should write to Dana with hashtag #JeffSmithTUF and maybe he'll recognize the love. I just tweeted him

Thought Jeff Smith won that round. Would love to see him get a shot as an alternate. #JeffSmithTUF #TUF #UFC

Hey guys sorry for my shtty performance. Although I do think I won the fight that's not at all how good I can fight....just overall shitty 9 days being locked in a hotel without any phone. And the Only working out I could do was treadmill running for about twenty minutes a day. But hey no excuses at least I have time to play tycoon and get my ass in shape....thanks for all the love guys

Losing feels like shit

Jeff

great job bro. losing only make you stronger and show you what you need to work on to move to the next phaze. keep it going

Dana is really aware of twitter "campaigns". Anyone that has twitter should write to Dana with hashtag #JeffSmithTUF and maybe he'll recognize the love. I just tweeted him

I did that shortly after the fight was over on the west coast.

On a different note, I don't know if you guys have UFC on your Facebook page, but they had an article up that had a picture of each winner and Larsen got very little love. The only people that supported him were from Arizona (where Larsen is from) and his wife!!!

I thought you won, dude. You won the first 3:30 pretty decisively and he spent the next 1:30 blanketing you and doing no damage. Your transitions were really nice, it definitely looked like you were the better fighter. Unfortunately the judges score the final minute too heavily. Based on the shitty decision I hope Dana will give you a shot as an alternate. There's always someone getting injured.

This is very true. I have been trying to make some noise on twitter also and got a few people in on it (ShowdownJoe of UFC connected from Canada weighed in saying Jeff got screwed) I have also been covering Jeff on CageJunkies a bit over the past few months. I will probbaly get an article up within the next week or so about how he should get another shot.

When Jeff eventually fights on the first UFC card in Norway I'll let him live in my guest room and feed him fois gras and russian caviar.

And if he ever fights in VA, he can stay in my guest room, and have all the deer meat and moonshine he wants.

I feel like I'm the only one that noticed that beautiful transition from side control on your back to his back. Everyone was too busy chatting to notice that sickness. Hope it gets GIF'd.

I saw it man, I shouted "beautiful!"... in a typed chat way, not out loud otherwise I'd have woken up the missus. I took a screenshot of chat by the way, in case Jeff wanted to see. There were about 50 of us in there.

Don't feel bad about the performance though Jeff, we were all really impressed and if that's a bad performance then you've got a lot to look forward to. You got a tough draw and came within a gnat's doodah of tapping him out. He's been fighting pro for two more years than you and in the end maybe that helped him just play the judging game a bit better. As much as we all didn't like it and thought you faught better than he did, we were fearful of the decision because we knew how judges score top position. I mean, a guy won earlier in the show when he was in a triangle for nearly the entire fight and most of us called that decision going that way. By the way, you'd have smashed both those guys and plenty of the others too.

Unfortunately though, as much as we'd like it to change and it'd be more realistic if it did, I can't see the way fights are judged changing any time soon. Like people were saying, it's really hard in a 1 round fight as a dynamic BJJ guy, with the potential of giving up dominant position, when position is so highly scored. Hopefully you'll never have to fight a 1 round fight ever again. It was an absolutely ridiculous concept full stop; we all said that when it was announced at the start of the program, irrespective of your fight. Also, I hope I'm not talking out of turn in anyone's eyes (especially Jeff's) but hopefully us Tycooners don't just turn into your version of Nick Diaz's yes men and tell you we thought you won every fight, because I think losing important decisions and adapting gameplans accordingly is a massive part of the development of a top fighter's career. Perfect example for me would be Condit losing his first UFC fight to Martin Kampmann, iirc due largely to position.

Anyway, I think however you viewed your own performance you'll have put yourself on a lot of people's radars and hopefully it opens up some opportunities for you, fight wise and training wise.

In general, it'd be cool to hear about the experience on the whole, if you ever feel like it. If it's too raw then no problem at all but if you feel like it, I'm sure all of us would be interested to hear all about it.

I'd also say that any of the MMA websites would be more than happy to take an editorial about your experience if you wanted to get some more exposure out of it. I'm sure there are people on here would be happy to work on something with you too, myself included. I had an article printed on MMA News once just by sending it in, so it's easy enough to get something out there. We'll all do what we can to help publicise anything you want to do.

• Upvote 1

I did that shortly after the fight was over on the west coast.

On a different note, I don't know if you guys have UFC on your Facebook page, but they had an article up that had a picture of each winner and Larsen got very little love. The only people that supported him were from Arizona (where Larsen is from) and his wife!!!

I FINALLY KNOW YOUR NAME NOW MUAHAHA :P

I saw it man, I shouted "beautiful!"... in a typed chat way, not out loud otherwise I'd have woken up the missus. I took a screenshot of chat by the way, in case Jeff wanted to see. There were about 50 of us in there.

Don't feel bad about the performance though Jeff, we were all really impressed and if that's a bad performance then you've got a lot to look forward to. You got a tough draw and came within a gnat's doodah of tapping him out. He's been fighting pro for two more years than you and in the end maybe that helped him just play the judging game a bit better. As much as we all didn't like it and thought you faught better than he did, we were fearful of the decision because we knew how judges score top position. I mean, a guy won earlier in the show when he was in a triangle for nearly the entire fight and most of us called that decision going that way. By the way, you'd have smashed both those guys and plenty of the others too.

Unfortunately though, as much as we'd like it to change and it'd be more realistic if it did, I can't see the way fights are judged changing any time soon. Like people were saying, it's really hard in a 1 round fight as a dynamic BJJ guy, with the potential of giving up dominant position, when position is so highly scored. Hopefully you'll never have to fight a 1 round fight ever again. It was an absolutely ridiculous concept full stop; we all said that when it was announced at the start of the program, irrespective of your fight. Also, I hope I'm not talking out of turn in anyone's eyes (especially Jeff's) but hopefully us Tycooners don't just turn into your version of Nick Diaz's yes men and tell you we thought you won every fight, because I think losing important decisions and adapting gameplans accordingly is a massive part of the development of a top fighter's career. Perfect example for me would be Condit losing his first UFC fight to Martin Kampmann, iirc due largely to position.

Anyway, I think however you viewed your own performance you'll have put yourself on a lot of people's radars and hopefully it opens up some opportunities for you, fight wise and training wise.

In general, it'd be cool to hear about the experience on the whole, if you ever feel like it. If it's too raw then no problem at all but if you feel like it, I'm sure all of us would be interested to hear all about it.

I'd also say that any of the MMA websites would be more than happy to take an editorial about your experience if you wanted to get some more exposure out of it. I'm sure there are people on here would be happy to work on something with you too, myself included. I had an article printed on MMA News once just by sending it in, so it's easy enough to get something out there. We'll all do what we can to help publicise anything you want to do.

Should've clarified, everyone meant the "commentators" Urijah/Dominick/Dana. They were blabbing about something irrelevant when that happened. Some people in the stands noticed I guess.

On the bright side, when Jeff makes it in the UFC it won't be with that shitty TUF contract.

I think the UFC is afraid to have you as a fighter because of what you'll do to Ben Henderson or whoever is top dog at that time. I knew I heard Dana saying something to the judges about, "Don't give this Jeff Smith kid a victory. He's too exciting and too good as a fighter to be in the UFC." Can't believe it. That was some bullshit ass decision.

Apparently the guy Jeff fought is now medically suspended for a period of time due to his cut he recieved. Wonder if they will wait it out of bring in someone else?

http://mmajunkie.com/news/27826/tuf-live-cast-member-jeremy-larsen-medically-suspended-status-tbd.mma

jeff hasn't posted since he started this thread, so maybe he'll be back on the show but can't talk about it.

Thats what i was thinking. if he was completely doe with the show i would think he would have been here more and talked about it more. So i assume he atlease has been told he could get back on the show.

Thats what i was thinking. if he was completely doe with the show i would think he would have been here more and talked about it more. So i assume he atlease has been told he could get back on the show.

yeah. i just checked, and he logged in today, which leads me to believe that he's not in the house yet though. :(