Convicted Weather Report

Rambo

Martel was happy to accept the challenge, and as Mr. Karter points out, step up two weight classes against a much bigger opponent, and still be able to get the TKO finish. Credit to Raph he came to fight and gave a good scrap the whole way through, but as usually happens in these fights the better man won the day. Thanks for the tilt Raph I'm sure we'll tangle again at some point.

• Upvote 1

Martel was happy to accept the challenge, and as Mr. Karter points out, step up two weight classes against a much bigger opponent, and still be able to get the TKO finish. Credit to Raph he came to fight and gave a good scrap the whole way through, but as usually happens in these fights the better lighter man won the day. Thanks for the tilt Raph I'm sure we'll tangle again at some point.

Sounds good, but the reality of it isn't as impressive. Congrats on the win though, it was an impressive finish no doubt - but the mechanics behind the engine results are lame. You should go fight Otso and enjoy similar results. Just like Don Marciano had to cut weight to avenge his loss to Trey Marshall, and Taj al Din and Grossman had to cut weight to avenge their losses to Kenji... insert list of numerous examples here... I expect Raph will cut weight and avenge his loss to Martel.

• Downvote 1

Sounds good, but the reality of it isn't as impressive. Congrats on the win though, it was an impressive finish no doubt - but the mechanics behind the engine results are lame. You should go fight Otso and enjoy similar results. Just like Don Marciano had to cut weight to avenge his loss to Trey Marshall, and Taj al Din and Grossman had to cut weight to avenge their losses to Kenji... insert list of numerous examples here... I expect Raph will cut weight and avenge his loss to Martel.

Hey! Hey! Hey!

I have heard the talk about the lighter fighter holding some kind of advantage in fights such as this, but if I'm being completely honest I've never done any research into it. If Raph wants to cut some weight before we tussle again obviously Martel is cool with that, and as I stated before I'm sure the two of them will meet again.

You're funny dude. Anytime you guys lose there is an excuse. This weight advantage is 1 that is constantly used, but what I don't understand is why accept fights against lighter opponents then? It wasn't that long ago that you were verbally offered Pat McDermot for Taj or Diggs and you verbally declined with both due to his being a middleweight. Diggs very next fight? Boba Fett. A middleweight with bleeding issues. So the weight disadvantage is ok if you think there is something exploitable?

The fact is, Marciano hadn't beaten anyone worth talking about so his record is impressive but Martel is the more proven fighter. I can't say I am super impressed by the win, impressed with the fashion sure...but I fully expected Martel to run through this dude. Welcome to the big leagues

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

You're funny dude. Anytime you guys lose there is an excuse. This weight advantage is 1 that is constantly used, but what I don't understand is why accept fights against lighter opponents then? It wasn't that long ago that you were verbally offered Pat McDermot for Taj or Diggs and you verbally declined with both due to his being a middleweight. Diggs very next fight? Boba Fett. A middleweight with bleeding issues. So the weight disadvantage is ok if you think there is something exploitable?

The fact is, Marciano hadn't beaten anyone worth talking about so his record is impressive but Martel is the more proven fighter. I can't say I am super impressed by the win, impressed with the fashion sure...but I fully expected Martel to run through this dude. Welcome to the big leagues

I think the funniest part of this quote is the last line, and it's for two reasons - Inferring that Raph isn't in "the big leagues," but that you are.

All that aside, congrats CGrace - well done.

• Upvote 2

well, wouldnt go so far, he's fought many who are "respectable", but if you dont belive it, Myton vs any of your HW, should be at least interesting bloodbath...

Karter has a point about the weight thing. It does work against guys but not to the lengths that its a speed advantage etc. Its more of a doesn't get gassed as easy. It is still possible to win fights with the bigger fighter but you look at Tonal. How he ran through Mjolnir and Glory. Two of the top HW's yet he struggled and got gassed against two Middleweights. Sunny and Kalle both nearly beat him. Kalle had the unfortunate FFD while mounted and basically got wiped clean out. They are many cases of it. If you have big power and are the smaller fighter chances are you will knock the other guy out because he will body rock easier.

As i said it is just easier. Thing is though, Gein knocked out Martel. He is around the same weight and height as Marciano. Its not a perfect system but yeah it is there a difference but its not a death sentence.

Duphus puts on his smack talk hat:

There seems to be convicted water all over the place and it ain't piss, seems it's tears.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Karter has a point about the weight thing. It does work against guys but not to the lengths that its a speed advantage etc. Its more of a doesn't get gassed as easy. It is still possible to win fights with the bigger fighter but you look at Tonal. How he ran through Mjolnir and Glory. Two of the top HW's yet he struggled and got gassed against two Middleweights. Sunny and Kalle both nearly beat him. Kalle had the unfortunate FFD while mounted and basically got wiped clean out. They are many cases of it. If you have big power and are the smaller fighter chances are you will knock the other guy out because he will body rock easier.

As i said it is just easier. Thing is though, Gein knocked out Martel. He is around the same weight and height as Marciano. Its not a perfect system but yeah it is there a difference but its not a death sentence.

In Martel's defense, dear dinooo, I totaly fucked him over in that fight. He was mistakenly set to 95% takedowns. The coming rubber match should set things straight!

There seems to be convicted water all over the place and it ain't piss, seems it's tears.

Hang on a second there, chief.... didn't you have 2 guys with 12-fight winning streaks snapped by Djoser Rei smashing their faces in? Yeah, pretty sure that wasn't water. :injured:

• Upvote 1

You're funny dude1. Anytime you guys lose there is an excuse. This weight advantage is 1 that is constantly used, but what I don't understand is why accept fights against lighter opponents then?2 It wasn't that long ago3 that you were verbally offered Pat McDermot for Taj or Diggs and you verbally declined with both due to his being a middleweight. Diggs very next fight? Boba Fett. A middleweight with bleeding issues. So the weight disadvantage is ok if you think there is something exploitable?

1: I have my moments.

2: Stubborn and desire to fight as frequently and often as possible.

3: 7+ months... pretty long ago.

The underlined is nonsense. I was either offered Pat with Moses 7+ months ago and declined fighting a MW, or declined fighting a MW right after Diggs lost a decision to one . Not sure the sequence of events that took place, but I reluctantly took the fight against Fett and tried cutting weight off Diggs. Pretty sure Diggs was sitting in limbo or had no opponent available, but I can't remember non-important series of events from a week ago yet alone 7+ months ago. Looking back on it I can't see why Diggs would fight Pat? Diggs was the champ, Pat was a MW contender. Boba was the MW champ. I'm sure Chuck or the staff could recall the events that took place, but it really doesn't matter. Since then, I have said (multiple times) Diggs would fight Pat.

Diggs vs Fett 1 (loss): 216 vs 197

Diggs vs Fett 2 (win): 204 vs 197

Don Marciano vs Trey Marshall 1 (loss): 257 vs 220

Don Marciano vs Trey Marshall 2 (win): 236 vs 220

Taj vs Kenji 1 (loss): 216 vs 203

Taj vs Kenji 2 (win): 207 vs 203

Pattern? The only fight where sliders were substantially different from the first fights were in the Taj vs Kenji fight. So what was the reason I lost the first fights and won the second ones? I'd contribute it to the weight gap but I guess that's making an excuse :weeping:

Karter would talk smack to Duphushttp://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/kookybooboo/Emoticons/PissingMonkeySmiley.gif, but he doesn't know who he is or who any of his fighters are:

When an individual has the #1 P4P fighter in the game, 2 fighters in the top 10 P4P, 5 fighters top 10 W/C, 7 fighters top 100 P4P, even your tears are filled with excellence.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/toilet/peeing-in-the-snow.gif

• Upvote 2

First time Chuck and the Empire Boys brought up Diggs to me to fight McDermot was before the great Fett robbery. So it was in either Oct or Nov. I was all for it but Boba Fett and his friendly judges derailed that fun.

Diggs/McDermot would have been great, but it looks like Diggs has been struggling a bit lately. I hope you get him back on track so you can try and avenge the one-sided beating Pat put on the over-hyped Evangelisti.

We weren't impressed with McDermot's best impression of Kid Torres and his 70+ leg kicks.

I was impressed with how easily Pat handled a fighter that you were hyping as the potentially scariest man on the planet. Pat wiped the floor with Evangelisti, the fight was never even close. McDermot outlanded him two to one, punches and kicks, while Evangelisti was embarrassing himself swinging at air. If Gable had still cared at that point I'm sure Fett would have smashed him too.

In favor of your winner, by unanimous decision... Pat McDermot!

Post fight, an emotional Pat McDermot said 'This guy was a jobber, he got fat on canned goods.'.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

:yawn:

That was a close round but I would say that Dante Evangelisti will probably get the nod.

A close second round but Pat McDermot will probably get the nod - 10:9.

First two rounds were close. Pat won the decision, congrats, Dante's a bad man so that's an impressive victory. Dante finished Fett, something Pat couldn't do in 2 fights. Kane Yamada isn't a can either, another fighter that Dante finished.

• Upvote 1

With a couple of exceptions, I have had much more success being the larger fighter in fights where there is a large weight discrepancy.