How many Tycoon managers support Barack Obama (U.S. President)

Obama Support  

64 members have voted

1. 1. How many support Obama?

When you say "cut in half" it's disingenuous to not mention how much of that astronomical debt was incurred when he was in office.

Look at the huge spike in expenditures and the extreme reduction in revenue on the chart in this link in 2009.

Ok lets go over this.

Firstly, the FY2009 budget was Bush's last budget -- it wasn't until FY2010 that Obama started having his budgets take effect (so October 2009 in terms of calendar year). Secondly, the reduction in revenue was caused by the economy falling on its face, meaning a drop off in tax. Thirdly, the spike in expenditures was because a lot of people became unemployed in a very short space of time due to the economy collapsing.

This is how it always goes when there is a sharp drop in employment: Revenue drops (less people working), Expenditure rises (more people needing assistance due to not having work).

That's just the deficit anyway, not the national debt. The deficit is just how much more we are spending than taking in, any deficit is awful. The question is how much more debt have we accrued during Obama's presidency?

No, not all deficit is awful for a few reasons.

1) If the government never runs a deficit, then it's just banking up money (and if not investing it, so it becomes less valuable with inflation and not useful as a rainy day fund).

2) If the government doesn't run a deficit in times of trouble then it's doing nothing to counter the problems. By the same token the government should look to run a surplus when the economy is strong.

3) The government can borrow money at a very low interest rate, so putting in infrastructure can grow the economy long term and the revenue from said growth will outpace repayments.

From the inception of this country to 08 it was 10,024,724,896,912.49. From 08 to 2012 it is 16,066,241,407,385.89. So just during the first four years of Obama's presidency he has increased the debt over $6,000,000,000,000! http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/reports/pd/histdebt/histdebt_histo5.htm

Raw numbers are highly misleading due to inflation and the overall strength of the economy. Look at numbers relative to GDP or you're operating without proper context, the debt number is meaningless on its own.

I don't know how the ACA will work out in the long run. Given Obama's track record of total incompetence I am not too optimistic. A bill written by insurance providers that forces citizens to buy insurance has all the hallmarks of a disaster in the making. Lucky for me, I am a highly skilled tradesman and my union provides me with a healthcare plan that puts many CEO's of top companies to shame.

Wouldn't put much optimism in the ACA, it's the Bob Dole plan from the mid 1990s with a new badge.

I voted Don't Care, but that's mostly because I see it from both perspectives and why people like or dislike him, I don't think he deserves as much flack as he gets as he was the best man for the job at the time in my opinion. People don't realize or don't want to accept, that a lot of the things people complain about are things that were in place and out of his control when he took over...you can't reason or explain things to some people though, they make up their mind and it's tunnel vision from there on in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Shit JLP says

OK, I think I figured out a way to respond to the clusterfuck of ignorance you called a response. Here goes:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41386&p=578207

Each number is a response to...we'll call them arguments, that Jonny Little Penis was able to "write"

1.Don't give a shit about your opinion and would like you to know that stay out of it means that we aren't already balls deep. We have been for about 30 years, read a news paper. I hear The Chicago Tribune is a good one..

2. Sorry for comparing our economy to the other world powers. Do you have a better standard to measure by?

3. As many Wall St. Bankers were prosecuted during the Obama administration as before him. That would be 0 because corporate liability isn't the same as personal liability. In reality of course people have been prosecuted but no more or less than have always been. It's worth noting that the word bank system had collapsed 2 months before Obama was elected. I suppose you knew that though and just like acing like an idiot.

4. Awful is a relative term, and if we are close to the top in economic recovery, then that wouldn't be awful now would it. I suggest you purchase a dictionary.

5. The economy literally collapsed 6 years ago.It just so happens that 6 years ago was right before the 2012 election. I know you like to call me stupid but this is basic math. Unemployment is back to pre bank collapse levels. 7 Trillion dollars vanished out of thin air to even thinner air. It seems like you have rediculous expectations and I have no doubt that you would defend the unemployment rate if the president were white and republican

*JLP's retort*

5a. That's exactly what a racist woulld say to defend himself if he was ignorant in economics but sure in his hatred of other colors.

6. Our country is founded and thrives on immigrants. Amnesty shouldn't be a word in this nation since we are built on acceptance. I'm sorry the true nature or this great nation was lost on you and I'm sorry Little Peckers like jLP give the impression that all are not welcome here.

7. Dollar is still the international trade currency bro! I'm actually a little embarrassed that I have to respond to this at this point. But let's continue.

8. Ha, now your just naming regions and blaming Obama.

9. We know that cutting the budget caused gdp constriction based on the countries that took conservative financial advice. That is why we are doing better than them, they listened to conservatives and we didn't. This is where Europeans calling us dumb becomes ironic.

10. Debt and deficit are a completely different terms. Debt is actually the accumulation of the deficit. Inflation will have a lot to do with what will always make it seem like a huge number. The fact that I said deficit and you went back to debt shows your ignorance. The deficit is the only number that matters,ish, and it has been cut in half and is being lowered as we type.

JLP, I don't care that you are an idiot, I just wish you weren't ignorant.

• Downvote 1

I am a registered Republican and have been since I was 18. But after The GOP screwed Ron Paul at the last RNC, I switched to Libertarian. I voted for Gary Johnson in the last Presidential election and am voting for Adrian Wyllie for the upcoming Florida Governor election. Though I'm not a registered Libertarian, they want me to give them money I don't have to join.

better than the sheep who think there's only two choices when it comes to an election... :yes:

OK, I think I figured out a way to respond to the clusterfuck of ignorance you called a response. Here goes:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41386&p=578207

Each number is a response to...we'll call them arguments, that Jonny Little Penis was able to "write"

1.Don't give a shit about your opinion and would like you to know that stay out of it means that we aren't already balls deep. We have been for about 30 years, read a news paper. I hear The Chicago Tribune is a good one..

2. Sorry for comparing our economy to the other world powers. Do you have a better standard to measure by?

3. As many Wall St. Bankers were prosecuted during the Obama administration as before him. That would be 0 because corporate liability isn't the same as personal liability. In reality of course people have been prosecuted but no more or less than have always been. It's worth noting that the word bank system had collapsed 2 months before Obama was elected. I suppose you knew that though and just like acing like an idiot.

4. Awful is a relative term, and if we are close to the top in economic recovery, then that wouldn't be awful now would it. I suggest you purchase a dictionary.

5. The economy literally collapsed 6 years ago.It just so happens that 6 years ago was right before the 2012 election. I know you like to call me stupid but this is basic math. Unemployment is back to pre bank collapse levels. 7 Trillion dollars vanished out of thin air to even thinner air. It seems like you have rediculous expectations and I have no doubt that you would defend the unemployment rate if the president were white and republican

*JLP's retort*

5a. That's exactly what a racist woulld say to defend himself if he was ignorant in economics but sure in his hatred of other colors.

6. Our country is founded and thrives on immigrants. Amnesty shouldn't be a word in this nation since we are built on acceptance. I'm sorry the true nature or this great nation was lost on you and I'm sorry Little Peckers like jLP give the impression that all are not welcome here.

7. Dollar is still the international trade currency bro! I'm actually a little embarrassed that I have to respond to this at this point. But let's continue.

8. Ha, now your just naming regions and blaming Obama.

9. We know that cutting the budget caused gdp constriction based on the countries that took conservative financial advice. That is why we are doing better than them, they listened to conservatives and we didn't. This is where Europeans calling us dumb becomes ironic.

10. Debt and deficit are a completely different terms. Debt is actually the accumulation of the deficit. Inflation will have a lot to do with what will always make it seem like a huge number. The fact that I said deficit and you went back to debt shows your ignorance. The deficit is the only number that matters,ish, and it has been cut in half and is being lowered as we type.

JLP, I don't care that you are an idiot, I just wish you weren't ignorant.

lol, these are some of the most incoherent arguments i have ever read. Did you even graduate highschool? I can't even make sense of what you are struggling to say so I'm not even going to try and respond. It's also funny that it took you a few weeks to scratch this tripe together.

I hate to blow your paradigm, but I'm not a Republican. I've voted Democrat far more in my life than I have Republican. I just call incompetence when I see it.

• Downvote 1

better than the sheep who think there's only two choices when it comes to an election... :yes:

But not better than the sheep who think there's only 3 choices when it comes to an election?

:toot:

Not me, I know there's more but I have people that are always, "oh, it's GOP or it's Dem. I'll vote for the lesser of two evils" or "a third party will never win." If all the people who said third party will never win actually voted for a third party would have a better shot at winning.

I am still trying to work out how it is figured that Libertarians aren't just a faction of the Republican party...

The Republican and Democrat parties line up the same on more issues(the really important ones) than Libertarians and Republicans. It's our twisted little secret here.

lol, these are some of the most incoherent arguments i have ever read. Did you even graduate highschool? I can't even make sense of what you are struggling to say so I'm not even going to try and respond. It's also funny that it took you a few weeks to scratch this tripe together.

I hate to blow your paradigm, but I'm not a Republican. I've voted Democrat far more in my life than I have Republican. I just call incompetence when I see it.

ad hominem

as defined my Merriam-Webster

1 : appealing to feelings or prejudices rather than intellect
2 : marked by or being an attack on an opponent's character rather than by an answer to the contentions made

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ad%20hominem

First known use is in 1598 for you historians our there!

P.S. i would also like to officially state that it took me a while to respond to JLP because I needed weeks to research a sold argument against his points and has nothing to do with having a "real life", whatsoever. Now take that silly excuse and remove it from your head right now!

P.S.S.I also realize the irony in using the same logical fallacy against JLP, but when in Rome!

P.S.3. Great system, but improve the browser!

ad hominem

as defined my Merriam-Webster

1 : appealing to feelings or prejudices rather than intellect

2 : marked by or being an attack on an opponent's character rather than by an answer to the contentions made

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ad%20hominem

First known use is in 1598 for you historians our there!

P.S. i would also like to officially state that it took me a while to respond to JLP because I needed weeks to research a sold argument against his points and has nothing to do with having a "real life", whatsoever. Now take that silly excuse and remove it from your head right now!

P.S.S.I also realize the irony in using the same logical fallacy against JLP, but when in Rome!

P.S.3. Great system, but improve the browser!

I really couldn't figure out what you wrote. It just looked like the same stuff you wrote before but more incoherent. It was just all the same excuses with repeated "Johnny Little Penis" and inferring that I am a racist mixed in. Which is quite comical because you come into chat and say racist shit every weekend. Like when you told the chat last night that we are lesser human beings than you because we are not Jewish.

I'm guessing because they're not evangelical nutcases in favour of corporate welfare?

My bad for lumping everyone who wants to fuck the poor into the same ideological bandwagon!