UFC 225 Wittaker vs Romero 2 Pick'em Thread

I had the ME a draw, gave Romero a 10-8 5th round.

The best part of the Covington win will be the juicy meltdown in the comments section on bloodyelbow. The SJW's that populate the comments section are going to provide hours of entertainment for me. There's a 400lb pink virgin turd of a mod there that I cant wait to read his whines.

• Upvote 1

Romero clearly got robbed, it was a draw or a win for him. Supposedly they changed the system to give more 8-10 rounds, well it did not apply for this fight. He had 2 rounds where he had Robert rocked, the 5th round was EASILY a 8-10, so even if you gave him just a 9-10 in the 3rd, then how on earth can Robert win that fight? Anyway, it was clearly a political move, they did not want the champ to lose to a fighter who missed weight, so they simply gave him the title.

Holm made Megan Anderson look like another CM Punk there ...
No offense to Megan ...she is legit as hell than CM, but Holm is in another level ...

Benavidez got robbed too I think ....

Romero clearly got robbed, it was a draw or a win for him. Supposedly they changed the system to give more 8-10 rounds, well it did not apply for this fight. He had 2 rounds where he had Robert rocked, the 5th round was EASILY a 8-10, so even if you gave him just a 9-10 in the 3rd, then how on earth can Robert win that fight? Anyway, it was clearly a political move, they did not want the champ to lose to a fighter who missed weight, so they simply gave him the title.

I had it 1-2-3 Rob, 4-5 Yoel.

The way I see it (how I personally score), it isn't a 10-8 if the opponent isn't completely dominated. Whittaker landed a decent amount of shots in the 5th, so even though Romero dominated the latter half of the round, he didn't dominate enough to negate the work Whittaker did earlier in the round. IMO.

I had Benavidez winning round 2-3.

CM Punk is useless. Either he hasn't trained as much as he should have, or his fight IQ is the worst ever.

I had it 1-2-3 Rob, 4-5 Yoel.

The way I see it (how I personally score), it isn't a 10-8 if the opponent isn't completely dominated. Whittaker landed a decent amount of shots in the 5th, so even though Romero dominated the latter half of the round, he didn't dominate enough to negate the work Whittaker did earlier in the round. IMO.

I had Benavidez winning round 2-3.

CM Punk is useless. Either he hasn't trained as much as he should have, or his fight IQ is the worst ever.

How did you give Whittaker round 3?!

Looks like the vast majority agree that Romero won round 3. I probably have rounds 3 and 4 mixed up. Or I'm just blind and dumb.

Yeah I agree Whittaker dominated Round 4 until the last 30 seconds when Romero almost finished him, on balance still 10-9 Whittaker imo but 50/50

Round 5 has to be 10-8 Romero

47-47 for me

like in boxing and kickboxing MMA commissions should be really specific about these 10-8 or dominant rounds ...otherwise it's really confusing
and I wouldn't say no to 5 judges scoring as well ... will have better probability of a better scorecard

Yeah I agree Whittaker dominated Round 4 until the last 30 seconds when Romero almost finished him, on balance still 10-9 Whittaker imo but 50/50

Round 5 has to be 10-8 Romero

47-47 for me

Yep, that is the round I was thinking about. It was a close call, and I can see why someone might give it Romero. I disagree about the 10-8 5th, but not by a lot. It's not like either fighter got robbed by either decision. Close fight and a good fight. I hope they make a re-match.