Synchronicity's Face/Off - Official Smack Talk Thread

FrankyFin

Big win last night for Brayden Point, correct me if I am wrong but I dont remember a fighter starting out their career 20-0 since Neo Kable or Scotty Bennet? Braydens power was on Point last night!

I think Ekaku and Kuzuri were on that list. Tommy Grunge is on that list too, for better or worse.

Point's might be the most impressive though, from a text based stand point.

• Upvote 2

Big win last night for Brayden Point, correct me if I am wrong but I dont remember a fighter starting out their career 20-0 since Neo Kable or Scotty Bennet? Braydens power was on Point last night!

Love it when a fighter from the lower weight division is a stoppage king, awesome fighter! No surprise that Aylib is the mastermind behind the fighter.

• Upvote 1

I think Ekaku and Kuzuri were on that list. Tommy Grunge is on that list too, for better or worse.

Point's might be the most impressive though, from a text based stand point.

yeah forgot about Grunge and his antics... and Ekaku was the original Midget. Kuzuri had a couple losses early but still an amazing start to his career for sure, you need to slap Ethan and get him back here he was a tourney legend for sure, always knew how to find lightning in a bottle
  • Upvote 1

Homerun. Reach advantage and big damage. Bringing that bat from his avatar to the fights lol.

I'd like a crack at him with Ekaku but by time that ish happens (2-3 wins out? And notorious underachiever) he'll probably be on the decline. Stats wise fight would be more even though.

Alzheimer is past his age decline too. Much more prone to being finished on the back 9.

Brayden Point: I'll have you know Mr. Karter, that there is my walking cane for the blind.

MeekQuestionableGalapagosdove-size_restr

Word around the Alpha Midget Gym is that while the blind man Brayden has been blessed with blistering power, his skills are severely lacking... at least partially due to not being able to see jack shit.

• Upvote 2

That's obvious due to his primes. Wouldn't blame you for shelfing him til he gets elite striking primes or closer to skill cap. More fun to fight. Nickname should be Mighty Mouse.

I always want a crack at the top fighters (Tonal, Womba, Kane, Glory, Afro, Bowser, Croft, etc.) If I got guys in their division but unfortunately only guy on my roster is career under achiever Ekaku lol... who needs to go streaking before he earns a title shot, & I probably have a better chance hitting tycoon lottery again considering his inconsistency @ Syn.

So I might not be seeing Point ever, or til the back nine of his career if he is still around, if Sosa blows up from 350k.

But it's been a while since I got beat by one of Aylibs little guys. Their little hands always make me feel like the Big Red giant.

• Upvote 1

Another week in the books for our Synchronicity faithful. This announcement is in regards to our weekly fighter write up. Please show some love for Latka Gravas-

Latka Gravas, A Warrior of Good;

I've always found it interesting what will lead a man to live a life that constantly puts him in a cage fighting another human with his bare hands. The thought of that to almost every human is absolutely terrifying. But a faithful few make the walk, time after time...why? Some love fame, others love the money, some are just truly violent people. Oftentimes it is the family business, fighting is their family tradition. For Latka it was none of the above. No, he didn't fight because his uncle was a legend, or because he got picked on in math class. Latka fought for liberty, he fought for freedom and he fought for his country.

Growing up in wartorn Kosovo, Latka learned early that everyone had to fight. If you were good at fighting you would live, and if you were not, then you would die. Either way you had to fight. Luckily for Latka and the now sovereign nation of Kosovo, Latka had gifts unmatched by any other human. Stories of him devastating war-fields are written throughout the texts of Kosovo’s history. Yes he is lethal with his hands, but some say he is even more lethal with weapons. His confirmed kill count is in the thousands, many speculate it could easily be 20,000 plus.

He left that life behind after Kosovo gained diplomatic recognition from the United Nations. He said he wanted to retire to the “simple life of martial arts' '. See, where Latka is from hand to hand combat is equivalent to us playing touch football. It is considered a fun but safe pastime. Now, he has been competing at the highest levels of MMA for years. Many fans and journalists call his hands bombs, these comments always make Latka chuckle, as his hands have literally detonated bombs before. His composure in firefights has translated to him having years of success in Synchronicity. President Alex Maniatakos commented, “First off you love to have a guy like that on your roster. As a fight organization president I’m very comfortable knowing I have a small army of brutes who have my back. When a guy like Latka is one of those brutes, I feel like I could take on a country if needed. We love him here at Synchronicity, his legacy speaks for itself. I will be cageside this weekend to see him defend his belt!”. Latka Gravas is the current 170lb champion for Synchronicity and will be defending his belt this upcoming weekend against Polliisi Partio. During his career, Latka has fought at middleweight, welterweight and recently won an epic fight at lightweight vs. Kagekatsu Uesugi when he fished him in the third round via a devastating TKO.

Truly a master of combat, Latka considers cage fighting an amazing pastime and a great way to provide for his family. He is grateful his days of fighting (war) are over. He says he is very happy that he can enjoy himself and loves the "casual" lifestyle a cage fighter lives.

Like i said, it truly is interesting what type of life paths lead people to walking into a cage and attempting to bash someone for a living. For Latka, it was the fact he has been fighting his whole life and wanted to find a nice peaceful job.

Your war is over Latka, enjoy the nice calm relaxing life of a professional cagefighter…

From everyone at Synchronicity thank you for reading and as usual...FIGHT ON!

• Upvote 8

Another week in the books for our Synchronicity faithful. This announcement is in regards to our weekly fighter write up. Please show some love for Latka Gravas-

Latka Gravas, A Warrior of Good;

I've always found it interesting what will lead a man to live a life that constantly puts him in a cage fighting another human with his bare hands. The thought of that to almost every human is absolutely terrifying. But a faithful few make the walk, time after time...why? Some love fame, others love the money, some are just truly violent people. Oftentimes it is the family business, fighting is their family tradition. For Latka it was none of the above. No, he didn't fight because his uncle was a legend, or because he got picked on in math class. Latka fought for liberty, he fought for freedom and he fought for his country.

Growing up in wartorn Kosovo, Latka learned early that everyone had to fight. If you were good at fighting you would live, and if you were not, then you would die. Either way you had to fight. Luckily for Latka and the now sovereign nation of Kosovo, Latka had gifts unmatched by any other human. Stories of him devastating war-fields are written throughout the texts of Kosovo’s history. Yes he is lethal with his hands, but some say he is even more lethal with weapons. His confirmed kill count is in the thousands, many speculate it could easily be 20,000 plus.

He left that life behind after Kosovo gained diplomatic recognition from the United Nations. He said he wanted to retire to the “simple life of martial arts' '. See, where Latka is from hand to hand combat is equivalent to us playing touch football. It is considered a fun but safe pastime. Now, he has been competing at the highest levels of MMA for years. Many fans and journalists call his hands bombs, these comments always make Latka chuckle, as his hands have literally detonated bombs before. His composure in firefights has translated to him having years of success in Synchronicity. President Alex Maniatakos commented, “First off you love to have a guy like that on your roster. As a fight organization president I’m very comfortable knowing I have a small army of brutes who have my back. When a guy like Latka is one of those brutes, I feel like I could take on a country if needed. We love him here at Synchronicity, his legacy speaks for itself. I will be cageside this weekend to see him defend his belt!”. Latka Gravas is the current 170lb champion for Synchronicity and will be defending his belt this upcoming weekend against Polliisi Partio. During his career, Latka has fought at middleweight, welterweight and recently won an epic fight at lightweight vs. Kagekatsu Uesugi when he fished him in the third round via a devastating TKO.

Truly a master of combat, Latka considers cage fighting an amazing pastime and a great way to provide for his family. He is grateful his days of fighting (war) are over. He says he is very happy that he can enjoy himself and loves the "casual" lifestyle a cage fighter lives.

Like i said, it truly is interesting what type of life paths lead people to walking into a cage and attempting to bash someone for a living. For Latka, it was the fact he has been fighting his whole life and wanted to find a nice peaceful job.

Your war is over Latka, enjoy the nice calm relaxing life of a professional cagefighter…

From everyone at Synchronicity thank you for reading and as usual...FIGHT ON!

This was a fun read! :)

• Upvote 1

Outstanding! One day he will return to his other favorite hobby of repairing New York City taxi cabs, but he isnt quite ready for that just yet! There is still plenty of dynamite in those hands and fireworks to set off! Be ready Partio, u are in for a very short evening Saturday!

• Upvote 3

This week, Syn will be offering ,not one, but TWO action packed events ! All you MMA fans should connect to our PPV platform and spend your Saturday watching our gladiators competing in the cage !

JcNAX6a.png

SYN 688
The unstoppable beast from Canada, Iain Tower , will be looking to defend his Heavyweight belt against ,KO artist , Mark Kerr.
Tower dominated his last 2 fights, proving that his reign as Champ in EMP was not a coincidence. This guy is a giant, blessed with the IQ of a rocket scientist !
Not much to say about Mark Kerr ! Just dont let him connect .... Those donkey punches hit like the first stages of Corona !
In the co-main event ,Rocco Marciano will be looking to prove that he deserves a title shot with a win over Rick Piano !
Rocco is on a 2 win streak ,full of confidence and optimism . Lots of shady people, wearing expensive Italian suits will be watching the fight from the front row.
Rick Piano wishes to prove that he still is a top level Heavyweight .
After a series of negative results he is super hungry and determined to prove that he is worth another 6 figure contract.These roids aint cheap bro !
XANyGjS.jpg
SYN 689
Syn Fighter of the week , Latka Gravas , will be looking to defend his WW belt for the first time !
Latka talked to the media and claimed that Partio is going to sleep before the end of the the second round !
When asked about his loss versus Graves he told the journalists that he will come back with a streak of victories who will put him up to top 10 P4P status.
On the other hand ,Partio is hungry and you can see it in his eyes. He hasnt won gold yet and this is his shot !
Rumor has it ,that he held a training camp in the Arctic Circle and spent his days running in the snow , wrestling against bears and chopping wood all day long !
He never skipped watching Rocky 4 every night .
In the co-main slot we find Whymer vs Killpatrick !
Not much to say about this one. Two of the most promising Light Heavyweights in the world will be solving their differences in the cage.
Whymer has achieved superstar status already and Jesse wants some of that . Team Whymer vs Team Afred ! Two top MMA teams will be crossing fists soon.
Good luck to all Syn fighters competing this weekend ! Fight hard , fight with honour !
PS: A big thanks to Barney for the artwork ! He puts a lot of love in his art and you can clearly see that ! (The goofy Gravas -Partio artwork is my fault ,lol)
Huge thanks to our merch partner Aspire ! Top fightwear for top MMA fighters !
  • Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14747150462939.jpeg
Latka Gravas (299901)

My previous fight was due to a bad gameplan, I got cocky and had my ass handed to me by a great fighter, last night my goal was to make up for that performance and I did so in a big way! 50-45 on the scorecards and Partio was humbled like never before! I beat the hungry right out of the eyes of that pretender and now I am looking for my next victim! Syn, I challenge you to go out and find me a top 20 opponent!

• Upvote 2

For fans of MMA, the Hall of Fame ceremony is a jaunt down memory lane, an opportunity to pay tribute to and recognize the accomplishments of their fighter heroes !

We are proud to announce Tiago Renato's induction to Synchronicity's Hall of Fame.

O0u54tO.jpg

0BP7ZvK.png

O0u54tO.jpg

Tiago Renato earned his HOF-status with his legendary career, big parts of it taking place at Syn. His MT-skills and amazing chin made him one the most feared beasts on the globe. Managed by Jorma, they formed a lethal combination.

Back in 2014, Renato reached #1 P4P rank in the LHW Division ,while being #2 P4P MMA fighter in the World !

He retired with a professional record of 43 wins -18 losses and 3 draws !

• Upvote 4

Latka Gravas (299901)

My previous fight was due to a bad gameplan, I got cocky and had my ass handed to me by a great fighter, last night my goal was to make up for that performance and I did so in a big way! 50-45 on the scorecards and Partio was humbled like never before! I beat the hungry right out of the eyes of that pretender and now I am looking for my next victim! Syn, I challenge you to go out and find me a top 20 opponent!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14488962326042.gif

Partio

That's funny. The margin was only that large because I tried to save the show by knocking you out instead of playing the points game. But I kinda liked when you tickled me with those million hits...

• Upvote 1

Some Renato facts :shades:

I think it was first 9 fights at SYN he was fighting at main event.

He won 2014 olympics he was syn fighter, but he wasnt presenting syn. He also was 38 years old when he won silver medal at 2016/2017 olympics.

He was multiple times #2 p4p. Once he was fighting at same day with Kauko Partio. He was #2 ranked and Kauko was #1, both lost fights.

Honestly im little surprised later how well he did at beginning, because he is low confidence.

I have been farming fighters, so 2021 i will have SYN champ :thumbup:

Thanks

• Upvote 5

Partio

That's funny. The margin was only that large because I tried to save the show by knocking you out instead of playing the points game. But I kinda liked when you tickled me with those million hits...

Latka Gravas (299901)

Well from where I stand your power shots had zero effect on me. Maybe get yourself on the juice if you wanna light off some fireworks because without it your performance showed you aint got it in you! Besides all I am hearing here are excuses made by a fighter who did not come prepared for the dance and the results back up that statement.

Now when speaking of fireworks, some clown asked me to work on his cab as it almost made him late for his last fight, well I don't work for fool's like you only smart people get my business. I see a fighter trying to make a name for himself, a fighter who thinks he is ready for the big time but I can promise you this, you ain't son! I hear there is an opening on June 6th and Syn has their eye on a Main Event not seen for some time. What do you say you let me touch up that chin boy? Brayden Point where u at? Do you got the stones to accept this challenge, lets meet in the middle at 155 and blow the roof off that joint. I don't think you got it in you, prove me wrong!! I want to erase that goose egg, don't be scurred let me at it!

• Upvote 2

For fans of MMA, the Hall of Fame ceremony is a jaunt down memory lane, an opportunity to pay tribute to and recognize the accomplishments of their fighter heroes !

We are proud to announce Tiago Renato's induction to Synchronicity's Hall of Fame.

O0u54tO.jpg

0BP7ZvK.png

O0u54tO.jpg

Tiago Renato earned his HOF-status with his legendary career, big parts of it taking place at Syn. His MT-skills and amazing chin made him one the most feared beasts on the globe. Managed by Jorma, they formed a lethal combination.

Back in 2014, Renato reached #1 P4P rank in the LHW Division ,while being #2 P4P MMA fighter in the World !

He retired with a professional record of 43 wins -18 losses and 3 draws !

Legend is all that can be said... When he stood across from Devin Styles @ Lights Out and then kicked his head off into the 3rd row, pure magic. Congrats Tiago and Jorma he was definitely one of my favorites from back in the day!

Latka Gravas (299901)

Well from where I stand your power shots had zero effect on me. Maybe get yourself on the juice if you wanna light off some fireworks because without it your performance showed you aint got it in you! Besides all I am hearing here are excuses made by a fighter who did not come prepared for the dance and the results back up that statement.

Now when speaking of fireworks, some clown asked me to work on his cab as it almost made him late for his last fight, well I don't work for fool's like you only smart people get my business. I see a fighter trying to make a name for himself, a fighter who thinks he is ready for the big time but I can promise you this, you ain't son! I hear there is an opening on June 6th and Syn has their eye on a Main Event not seen for some time. What do you say you let me touch up that chin boy? Brayden Point where u at? Do you got the stones to accept this challenge, lets meet in the middle at 155 and blow the roof off that joint. I don't think you got it in you, prove me wrong!! I want to erase that goose egg, don't be scurred let me at it!

Latka Gravas (299901)

Partio

So in your previous fight you had a bad gameplan and got knocked out. Now this time I had a bad gameplan (but didn't get knocked out) that made you the most dominant fighter ever. I appreciate the attempt to hype yourself up but you chose the wrong target as I haven't beaten anybody high profile and nobody knows who I am. You'll be remembered though, getting knocked out by Graves and others.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14996307956961.jpg

I hit Rick Piano so hard I knocked the juice out of him, twice! Hahaha.

Heard chirps of a title fight. Sign me up. Third time's a charm.

Won the first round in both fights, just gotta finish the job in the 1st and call it a day.

Easy peazy when you're this skilled in the sweet science of fisticuffs.

• Upvote 4

Partio

So in your previous fight you had a bad gameplan and got knocked out. Now this time I had a bad gameplan (but didn't get knocked out) that made you the most dominant fighter ever. I appreciate the attempt to hype yourself up but you chose the wrong target as I haven't beaten anybody high profile and nobody knows who I am. You'll be remembered though, getting knocked out by Graves and others.

Gravas

Those punches you took to the head must have jarred something loose, I never said I was the most dominant fighter ever I just dominated you in our fight. Where I come from you fight to win, and thats what I did and held onto my title. Have I been shook before, you betcha but I always come back. All I keep hearing here are the chirps of a sore loser and its that kind of attitude that will continue to have you be unknown in our sport. Maybe one day you might win that high profile fight and adjust history but for now I will continue to headline and you will not.

• Upvote 1

Latka Gravas (299901)

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15322662702091.jpeg

Brayden Point: I'm training for a bit after having back to back fights, but since you're talking about fireworks, Independence Day sounds like a perfect time to add another scalp to my collection.

• Upvote 4

Helllo fight fans. It's Wednesday my Dude. Which means we have our weekly fighter spotlight!!! Lets show some love of our own Heavyweight Champ Iain "The CN" Tower.

Iain "The CN" Tower, a giant Ninja. Sounds like polar opposites but such is the theme of yin and yang. Iain’s fighting style represents these opposites as he is lethal on his feet and on the ground. He has racked up over thirty wins in his career. His last 3 at Synchronicity where he is now the reigning Heavyweight Champion. I went over to Punch Out Gym in London and sat down with Iain to get to know him a bit better.

BH: Iain, appreciate the time mate (Sparring in the background someone literally just got knocked out cold behind us, Iain doesn't even turn to look).

IT: Benjamin, it's a pleasure man, glad to sit down with you, I read your write up on The Albino Warrior, that was some crazy sh*t my dude.

BH: Glad you caught that, shout out Kassim "The Albino Warrior" Magufuli I V, he is a cool cat; would you ever consider a super fight at a catchweight with him?

IT: Phewwww, coming in with the tough questions right off the bat huh Benjamin. The Albino Warrior is a bad man, and I am a bad man (pauses to yell across the gym to a kid sparring, “Keep your damn chin down!!”), and at the end of the day I’ll fight anyone, it really doesn't matter. Same as the ninja code I was raised by, just give me a name and I will end them. Now, does that fight with Kassim make sense? ...Not really, is it fun to talk about...sure why not?.... Let’s put it this way, if him and I are ever in the same cage with a ref and the doors close we will fight, otherwise I got mad love for The Albino Warrior, that dude killed 37 people (allegedly).

BH: Fair enough my man, there's plenty of HeavyWeights for you to focus on. You just had a huge title defense on 5/23 at Syn 688 Tower vs Kerr. You were the headline and you finished the fight with an epic 1st round TKO. Tell me about how you felt that night and the party after.

IT: Honestly I don't celebrate too crazy after fights. I work hard every day, so on fight night there are no surprises, good or bad. When I win, I’m not surprised, so I don't have a huge feeling of joy. It's more a thought of “yeah, good job, we did what we came to do, as expected”. When I lose it is pretty devastating because I know I beat myself. I let the fight get away. When I am on my game no one can beat me.

BH:That's deep man, that's deep.… You’ve had three different managers, you held a championship belt with all three, any reason for the switches?

IT: You know Benjamin, I get that a lot, but the truth is, it was all very natural. At the time, change was needed, this is often the case in life. People fear change, what they don't realize, is that change is constant, they should fear the fact that they are not taking control of their own time. I don't think too much about the past. The future is very bright. I can't wait to defend my belt. Just give me a name.

BH: What was Ninja school like… can I sign up?

IT: It was actually pretty boring and not as cool as it was hyped up to be…

BH:For real...that's sh*tty

IT: Nah I’m messing with you, it was amazing. Training every day, all day for 16 years straight. They focused on the physical and mental part of fighting and killing. One needs to know how to win and how to lose. One needs to learn how to kill and how to die. I learned all these things in Ninja training.

BH: F*ck thats crazy. You’ve clearly had a powerful life that cannot be compared to anyone else's. Before we wrap up here Iain, is there anything you would like to say to any of your fans out there going through a hard time?

IT: Glad you asked Benjamin, I always have a few (pauses mid sentence to scream at a worker mopping the mat “That sh*t is not clean, I'll mop it with your ass if you don't do it right Dan, you're better than that bro.”) words for the fans. Look when times get hard, it is okay to feel like sh*t for a bit. You do not have to fight your feelings. Fight lots of things but not your feelings. With that said, much love, and give me a name. One name of a person who thinks they can take my belt and I will show you what I can do...Just one name.

BH: Well we appreciate that touching advice...Mate, I am not a match maker but if I was I would give you a name, I promise. I am sure you will get a name soon, we are all excited about the idea of you fighting again.

We would like to thank all our fighters and fans for their continuous support.. Oh yeah and as usual...FIGHT ON!

• Upvote 4

SYN 690 Press Statement and Preview

The man, the myth, the legend, G Wad steps out of his jet onto a dark and dreary barren landscape.

bz15-MAR-private-jets.jpg?f=16x9&w=1200&

“So this is Greece” he mouths to himself.

It’s been a week since he received a call from one Alex Maniatakos about an exciting, heretofore untested opportunity to become the writer, journalist, editor-in-chief, president of publishing for Synchronicity.

G Wad knows Syn well. But G Wad is not so familiar with Alex M. I wouldn’t say G Wad was put off by Alex’s enthusiasm and exuberance over the phone, but it would not be enough to seal the deal. Ever a man of charisma, G Wad insisted on a face-to-face before signing his name and reputation to anything.

He quickly spots Alex, waiting excitedly on the tarmac. Alex has assembled the entirety of the Syn Empire to greet G Wad. Bjorn O’Donnel, wearing an anxious expression, stands by his side.

“Let’s get down to brass tacks” says Alex M, a little too confidently, as the men greeted each other. Bjorn waits by the side and hands a bouquet of flowers to G Wad, who, slightly perplexed, thanks him.

“We will, we will” reassures G Wad, posturing back towards Alex, for first he wants to size up the man. Now up close, G Wad takes his first good look. He’s impressed. Manly but clean. Serious and yet affable. Qualities G Wad holds in high regard. Bjorn waits attentively at the side.

The party moves to Alex’s office. Alex and G Wad help themselves to several generous portions of Souvlaki while Bjorn mumbles something about having a weak stomach.

G Wad had by now fully sized Alex up and down and was ready to discuss the details of the position in greater detail. But now it was he who was having trouble steering the conversation in that direction.

“Since I had that bad ulcer last year, my stomach lining has just…” mumbles Bjorn.

“Let’s talk shop” interjects G Wad, glancing back and forth between the two men.

“Bjorn, can you give us a minute?” asks Alex, politely, yet firmly.

Bjorn scurries off.

/////// Fast forward two days ////////

After coming to terms with Alex, G Wad travels on assignment to a frozen Northern wasteland. A place devoid of joy and happiness, Helsinki. That G Wad agreed to travel to the heart of Finland immediately upon assuming this new mantle of Syn editor-in-chief speaks volumes of Alex’s persuasive qualities.

He had come to speak with Marky Mark, legendary FinnFighter manager.

“We can do the interview inside my office, please follow me” says Marky.

The men step into a sweltering sauna. It must be 150 degrees and the perspiration hits G Wad, still clad in a full suit, instantaneously, like a ton of bricks.

cosy-finland-cosy-finnish.jpg

“Please, make yourself comfortable and when you’re ready, fire away” says Marky, before stripping completely naked.

G Wad is clearly having trouble finding his words. His body tissue has by now completely shed itself of all moisture and he can feel his brain shriveling up like a sun-dried tomato. Just as he’s about to pose his first question, he hears a piercing shriek and a series of loud crashes and bangs coming over an elaborate speaker system installed along the walls of Marky’s “office”. G Wad had been warned about death metal before arriving but now, with all of his senses on the verge of revolution, it seems too much to handle.

Marky seems completely oblivious to the deafening “music” and for a moment, G Wad wonders if he’s having a stroke.

“My mother used to sing me to sleep with this lullaby” remarks Marky whimsically. Or at least that’s what G Wad interprets from the movement of his lips.

G Wad faints.

Awaking hours later in a hospital bed, G Wad determines never to be so brash as to meet a Finn in their natural habitat again.

He tracks down the man he’s really here to see, Khunbish Borjigin, at his home.

G Wad and Borjigin are old friends. G Wad taught Borjigin almost everything he knows about the martial arts, having managed him from early adulthood to a 10-3 record before G Wad’s premature retirement.

“It’s good to see you” says G Wad, relieved to see a friendly face, “I hope Marky is treating you well”.

“Marky is a great manager, I certainly landed on my feet” replies Borjigin, beaming at his former boss.

He certainly did. Borjigin is vying for Syn’s light heavyweight championship this Saturday, facing off against the dangerous Kassim Magufuli I V.

It’s a difficult fight between two strikers of contrasting qualities. Will Borjigin be able to deal with the power of the Albino Warrior?

"I’ll handle him just fine, don’t worry. Following Marky’s gameplan, I will methodically pick him apart and avoid the heavy shots Kassim is known for” says Borjigin, confidently.

As G Wad leaves, he feels a strong sense of pride for the Mongolian. He’s grown up considerably from the young boy G Wad spotted so many years ago in the steppes of Mongolia.

/////// Two days later ////////

G Wad lands on friendly soil. The Big Apple itself.

This is a real treat for G Wad, he doesn’t view this as work. This is a social call. He’s about to meet up with the a manager that exudes cool as most mortals exhale CO2. Billy Arseworth.

G Wad strides into the Little Lebowski Urban Achievers Gymnasium and greets the manly specimen.

“Dude! Oh yea, that thing was today! Man, that’s my bad” says Billy, grinning a little sheepishly.

G Wad doesn’t care. He isn’t some prima donna to be impressed with roses on the tarmac. And he’s pleased as always to see his old friend.

The two kick back and swap old war stories. It isn’t long before Billy asks G Wad if would be at all bothered if a spliff were to enter the fray. G Wad abides.

da95c018-5cb116d61d9c7.jpg

After a few hours of catching up, Doritos, and some more chit chat, G Wad somehow, someway steers the conversation back to the upcoming Syn light heavyweight title fight, where Billy’s fighter Kassim Magufuli I V is set to take on Marky’s Borjigin.

“Sure, Kassim has the power but do you really think he put away Khunbish?” G Wad asks. “Trust me I know the guy, he’s not some slouch. Are you worried about Kassim’s chin holding up?

“Yea well, you know it’s a complicated fight, man” says Billy, grinning, as always. “A lotta outs, a lotta ins. So we’ll see…”

G Wad pauses, hoping Billy will continue but that was all the Dude had to say. Breaking the silence, G Wad asks “Well, could I talk to Kassim?”

“He’s mute, man” replies Billy. “Yea, that guys got a hell of an energy though. Haven’t seen anything like it. Khunbish has his hands full, let me tell you.”

Catching up with Billy is a lot of fun, but G Wad steals a glimpse at his watch and recognizes its time to get back to Montreal to check in on his up and coming crew of monsters. As he gets up to leave, G Wad can’t help but feel that behind Billy’s cool and calm exterior lies the demeanor of a true killer at the very top of the Tycooniverse.

Syn 690

Kassim Magufuli I V vs. Khunbish Borjigin

‘Twill be a great fight to solidify the top LHW of Syn. Borjigin is arguably past his prime but nevertheless represents a dangerous and worthy opponent. Kassim’s power is second to none and will certainly test Khunbish’s aging chin. Kassim must feel that he’s a few KOs away from making another run at becoming the #1 fighter, an elusive goal in this albino’s impressive career. In the end, however, G Wad sides with his one time protégé over his good friend.

Prediction: Khunbish by TKO (Strikes) in R3

Rocket Bob Frankels vs. UberThor Hammerfall

A heavyweight showdown as Rocket Bob Frankels and UberThor Hammerfall battle to determine the future of the big man division. Frankels is in the twighlight years of an illustrious Syn career. UberThor, the upstart at 27 years young, in just his second fight in Syn, is looking to make a name for himself and his manager, Balls Manager. “Not yet grasshopper”, says G Wad. Bwang, managing Frankels, will show his class once again.

Prediction: Rocket Bob Frankels by KO (Punch) in R1

Hip Hop vs. Leonardo Da Vincible

More heavy hitters. G Wad’s excursion to the aforementioned frozen wasteland to visit Marky, sadly did not bring him face to face with the wine-sipping Italian Leonardo. The fight between Hip Hop, managed by Karl Binew, and Leonardo pits two young guns jockeying for position as contenders for the title under contention in the main event of the evening. Mr. Hop, although 3 years Leonardo’s junior has the experience, in MMA at least, but will that matter? Yes, yes it will says G Wad. Watch for Hop to land a big shot early and prove Leonardo to be “Vincible”.

Prediction: Hip Hop by KO (Punch) in R1

Tsoko Chikatchawan vs. Zoran Paunovic

G Wad has never heard mention of Limitless but he is nonetheless impressed by two of their star pupils. Zoran Paunovic, managed by Proudly Presents and Tsoko Chikatchawan, managed by Clubber Winger. Zoran, a bit of a Journeyman, looks to round out his career at Syn while Tsoko, imbued with years of training under psychedelic son-of-a-somethin’ Bwang Jong Sr., has been a Syn staple for almost a decade. This will be a close fight but Tsoko’s headdress game is just too strong. The Ecuadorian middle will squeak by.

Prediction: Tsoko Chikatchawan by Decision (Unanimous)

Will Rock vs. Diego Hageman

Clash of two long-time managers as Harry Bagofdonuts’ lightweight faces off against David Septim’s Will Rock. Rock is notable for being in the new breed of Septim’s camp, not hailing from the universe of Elder Scrolls. Don’t let that blatant shortcoming fool you. Will Rock is beast who has beaten many big names, including the Tickle Monster himself on way to breaking into the top 10 p4p, however he’s dropped his last 4 fights in heartbreaking decisions. He’s going to have his hands full again as he faces Hageman who’s only lost once in his last 7 fights. G Wad sees Will Rock bouncing back in convincing fashion.

Prediction: Will Rock by Decision (Unanimous)

Risto Rautio vs. Dada Segbo

A couple very hot managers, Silent Bob and Pablo Spezziale go head to head with their respective fighters Risto Rautio and Dada Segbo. It’s a contrast all around as experienced power striker Rautio looks to bloody up crafty grappler Segbo. Rautio has had an on again off again relationship with luck during his career but Segbo has yet to prove himself to the Tycooniverse. G Wad just doesn’t see how Segbo expects to stay conscious through three rounds with Rautio. Someone’s getting knocked out and chances are that someone is Segbo.

Prediction: Risto Rautio by TKO (Strikes) in R3

Steven Petersen vs. Wasyl Plutov

East meets west as Steven Petersen, managed by Frank Abbott enters the ring against Wasyl Plutov, managed by Randall McSweeney. Steven Petersen is full of potential but he needs to string together some consistent results to prove he can hang with the big boys. Wasyl is ultra-talented with an impressive array of weapons at his disposal. G Wad likes Wasyl’s arsenal.

Prediction: Wasyl Plutov by Decision (Unanimous)

Finnish Experiment vs. Haislan Garcia

As a rule, G Wad shudders at the thought of Finns procreating under natural circumstances so the idea of a secret lab dedicated to creating even more is a truly horrifying prospect. Ever an optimist, G Wad consoles himself with the knowledge that someone (or something) must help cull the pickled herring population. Bloody Gutz’s abomination faces off against Runt’s decision specialist Haislan Garcia. G Wad thinks it’s unlikely either fighter is entirely satisfied with the trajectory of his (or its) career. Someone needs to make a statement tonight. Both have the talent but G Wad leans towards the Finnish Frankenstein.

Prediction: Finnish Experiment by Decision (Split)

Dollar Hero v Johnny Vegas

1 year apart in age but over 30 fights separate these two lightweights, Dollar Hero, from Pyongyang and Johnny Vegas, from Madrid. Let those factoids sink in a minute. While Dollar Hero is an accomplished grappler, he is up against it in his first big MMA fight under the Pablo Spezziale banner going against a dangerous and talented all-rounder in Vegas managed by Davy Jones. G Wad reminds the readers, this is Syn, QFC wins don’t impress us here! Dollar Hero needs to put on a show and until he’s proven, G Wad takes the experienced Vegas.

Prediction: Johnny Vegas by Decision (Unanimous)

Ronie Cash vs. Vladimir Tarlac

The last fight to call is Alexander Biro’s Ronie Cash against Optimal MMA Picks’ Vladimir Tarlac. Tarlac is in his first fight under new management and on paper may look vulnerable to the high intensity grappling skills of Cash. However, Tarlac has already proven himself more than capable of putting Cash to sleep and G Wad believes this will be no different. He respects the submission skills of Cash but is more concerned with his chin.

Prediction: Vladimir Tarlac by TKO (Strikes) in R1

• Upvote 18