Update Idea Board

crzy1051

Update Improvement Ideas  

63 members have voted

1. 1. How important are the following updates to you?

• 3rd Training Block
    • 2 Companies to own
    • Updating the App
    • Additional Companies
    • Morale Update
    • QFC opening cities
    • Stat Ranking Page
    • Tactic Updates
    • Clinch Takedown & Clinch Takedown Defense

So, we have seen a couple of updates coming down the pipeline that have gotten completed the last couple of months and I have talked to Mike and have several others coming down as well. This post is going to be used to get your thoughts on some ideas that have been tossed around between the programmers, Mike and watching suggestions or ideas on the forums. We want your input on the ones you want, the more people want it the more likely it will be done sooner rather than later.

This post does not stop you from posting individual ideas on the board, we want you to continue to do that as we are constantly watching it. Now we know that no matter what happens, everyone is not going to be happy. That's the nature of people and a game like this or for that fact any game period. So please try to be positive if you don't like it then that is fine, explain why you don't think it would be a good addition. With that said, let's start the list of ideas in no particular order.

• 3rd Training block - This idea has been kicked around, discussed, kicked some more and has yet to happen. Although it hasn't happened, I can assure you that Mike is looking at it, the main thing is the sure size of update this will be. Because doing this will cause a significant increase in skill level pops in game.
  • 2 Companies - This idea has recently been posted and I do like the idea. My thought on the idea is to allow 2 companies of any type, however, have a restriction where you can not partner up with your own business. I.E A gym can not partner up with a nutrition company that the Manager also owns, or an Org cannot merch partner with a company they also own. - This update was also brought to the managements attention and is possible but maybe an additional addon feature if incorporated depending on decisions made.
  • Not specifically game related - We are going to be working on updating the App and allowing for it to be more functional and fix some known flaws in it. If you have any ideas please let us know.
  • Additional Companies - The idea is within the next year to add more businesses to the game. One idea that was tossed around on the forum was the idea for cut men and coaches to be hired for a fight giving a boost to the fighter. This is very possible and we want to add additional companies so any other ideas would be great as well.
  • We are also trying to find ideas for managers and fighters to spend their in-game cash. There are several millionaires in the game because there isn't a lot of options to spend money. So we are trying to find ideas to help this issue out and make it more fun and realistic.
  • Update to Morale - The idea is to make Morale be based on a variety of aspects from the amount of money a fighter has, its sponsors (if sponsored or not and their level of hype), Fight results, level of clothing, gym, etc. This would be shown on the same morale bar for all fighters however VIP would have access to click and find a breakdown on what is exactly impacting their fighters morale.
  • QFC - A potential update to QFC would be opening it up to all cities, not city-specific, you would still have your flight (instant flight) if not in your home city, but this would allow for faster fights and less waiting.
  • Stat Ranking Page - Currently we do have fighter data like strikes landed and such but no overall page for all the fighters data rankings and such.
  • Tactics - This is also an area people have been calling for improvements but what are your ideas and suggestions?
  • Add Clinch Takedown and Clinch Takedown defense - This would also go with the recent elbow/knee increase would help add more emphasis on Muay Thai.

Now with the list above that does not mean that all these will happen or when they will happen, this is just the blanket list we are starting from and trying to get you involved to help us update it to the majority. Like an idea, have a more specific way that you think may work better please let us know, We want to improve the game but we are not mind readers.

Also, I would like for you to tell me how important each idea is to you, The poll attached is going to help us figure out the more important ideas.
  • Upvote 7

Hello all. Thanks to crzy1051 for posting about updates.

I know a load of you will just think no updates are ever coming but I'll show you that's not the case over the next 6 months or so :)

This year has been super busy. We've moved house to get my little boy into a better school and that is very nearly finished now. I had to do up our old house in order to sell it, then we've had a load of work to do on the new house too, to get it habitable. That's taken about 6 months but we're moving into the new place in 2 weeks. After that I'll have a rest for a week then I'll be able to crack on with stuff and it'll actually be a relief to just do coding work, not painting, plastering, doing electrics etc.

Thanks for your continued support of the game and good luck in your fights :)

• Upvote 15

Encouraging stuff! The android app needs some work as I can't cancel auto flights on it and perhaps travel should be removed completely. Yes worldwide QFC plus I would enable a feature where you can fight 2 of your own fighters against each other in test fights. New tactical wrinkles would add interest to the game. 2 companies is tricky since it could lead to dilution but I'm sure org owners would appreciate having a private gym. More later!

• Upvote 3

I will try to weigh in on every option but I'll start with my two favorite updates:

QFC opening cities: plain obvious update to implement. QFC is not working for anyone and this should be done asap. scrap auto flights for QFC too while we're at it since noobs are most likely to use it and they're most likely to not know about the cancel flight. which leads to more chances of them going with low energy, getting their ass kicked in their debut and never log in again;

Tactic update: upping knees and elbows effectiveness was good but it's not nearly enough. Knees and elbows should be more effective than punches in the clinch. Muay thai primary advantage should enable to score knees to the body and basically deny punches altogether.

• Upvote 5

The best thing you could do for your loyal customers is reduce the vip price, every other game gets regular updates but Tycoon is a shell of its former self but the price stays the same........wont happen though as Mike is obviously happy ripping us off

• Downvote 4

My opinion on the update "3rd training block"

This will be highly unpopular but the only opinion I can voice is my own: I'm against this update.

it will cause a turmoil in the game and it won't completely fix the "slow pace problem" either. I actually like the slow pace of the game and I can only guess a lot of people like the fact that they can log in a couple minutes a day during the week and keep competing without losing ground. i.e. most people playing a browser text based game about a fringe combat sport are diehard combat sport fans and most of us aren't young lads either as far as I can tell. Having one more training block will not make MMA Tycoon an up-to-speed game for the ADD generation and it might turn off some older paying customers. it will completely change the pace that fighters evolve and make it even more lopsided towards private gym owners.

it sounds like a good idea but IMHO if you really think it through it is not a smart update.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The best thing you could do for your loyal customers is reduce the vip price, every other game gets regular updates but Tycoon is a shell of its former self but the price stays the same........wont happen though as Mike is obviously happy ripping us off

Why should it be reduced, you pay $3.33 a month at max. What other games do you pay for additional features do you pay less than that? Yes other games have regular updates, but there are many that dont who have actually raised there price, Mike has not raised the price and has no desire to.

• Upvote 4

Encouraging stuff! The android app needs some work as I can't cancel auto flights on it and perhaps travel should be removed completely. Yes worldwide QFC plus I would enable a feature where you can fight 2 of your own fighters against each other in test fights. New tactical wrinkles would add interest to the game. 2 companies is tricky since it could lead to dilution but I'm sure org owners would appreciate having a private gym. More later!

I agree, The android App needs help, maybe we can get an Apple one as well. QFC i do think should do away with flights altogether if we are going to just have Instant flights.....

As for the 2 companies, I think it could be possible if we added more company types as well. 2 Companies with just the 4 options could potential dilute the game but then again it could also bring new life.

• Upvote 1

Can we have an update made where a select board of experienced managers can choose which avatars do/don't get accepted?

I like this idea, but not sure if Mike would. However I could see this working, but with the stipulation of Mike being the only one to approve the members of the board's avatars so as not to abuse the system.

I will try to weigh in on every option but I'll start with my two favorite updates:

QFC opening cities: plain obvious update to implement. QFC is not working for anyone and this should be done asap. scrap auto flights for QFC too while we're at it since noobs are most likely to use it and they're most likely to not know about the cancel flight. which leads to more chances of them going with low energy, getting their ass kicked in their debut and never log in again;

Tactic update: upping knees and elbows effectiveness was good but it's not nearly enough. Knees and elbows should be more effective than punches in the clinch. Muay thai primary advantage should enable to score knees to the body and basically deny punches altogether.

Tactic Update - I do know that Clinch Takedown and Clinch Takedown defense is something that has Mikes interest, and if he is going to bring that in, it would only make since to incorporate knees and elbows effectiveness in the clinch and/or ground.

App for iPhone

I wonder what the situation is on this.

Another thing to look at with QFC is adjusting the levels. You pop into level 2 way to quickly. Raising the bar for level two so lower skilled fighters do not have to go against some monsters, or even adding a 3rd level to it.

I personally dont use QFC very often so I have never payed attention to the popping.

My opinion on the update "3rd training block"

This will be highly unpopular but the only opinion I can voice is my own: I'm against this update.

it will cause a turmoil in the game and it won't completely fix the "slow pace problem" either. I actually like the slow pace of the game and I can only guess a lot of people like the fact that they can log in a couple minutes a day during the week and keep competing without losing ground. i.e. most people playing a browser text based game about a fringe combat sport are diehard combat sport fans and most of us aren't young lads either as far as I can tell. Having one more training block will not make MMA Tycoon an up-to-speed game for the ADD generation and it might turn off some older paying customers. it will completely change the pace that fighters evolve and make it even more lopsided towards private gym owners.

it sounds like a good idea but IMHO if you really think it through it is not a smart update.

According to the poll it is a close 2nd with 2 Companies, although I think 2 companies seems to be more of an interest.

1. Being able to set training, clothing and supplements from fighter profile page.

2. Being able to scroll from one fighter profile page to the next.

I love the idea of 1 page to set your training, clothing and supplements per fighter, even if its not on a profile page but have it separate per fighter or in sections like the assistant maybe?

• Upvote 3

Why should it be reduced, you pay $3.33 a month at max. What other games do you pay for additional features do you pay less than that? Yes other games have regular updates, but there are many that dont who have actually raised there price, Mike has not raised the price and has no desire to.

Totally agree with this... I drop $30 every month or so for one thing or another on this game (well when I was working I was and will again), but I certainly don't have to. $30 buys an entire year of game VIP for Christ's sake. what more do you want? Mike to fly to your house and personally thank you for paying for his game and give it to you for $2 per month?

The football one I played years ago was not getting updates pretty much ever and it was I think $10 every month or something... this is just fine. Giving managers and fighters more shit to spend money on is a great way of controlling the runaway economy and could actually generate more money for Mike. As it is is I make enough money in-game I can use it to buy VIP which means Mike doesn't get that $30 cash injection from me even once per year. So taking money out of the hands of managers and fighters in pumping it into the game allows for some extra cash flow for Mike... especially so if the things added are really cool.

• Upvote 4

Totally agree with this... I drop $30 every month or so for one thing or another on this game (well when I was working I was and will again), but I certainly don't have to. $30 buys an entire year of game VIP for Christ's sake. what more do you want? Mike to fly to your house and personally thank you for paying for his game and give it to you for $2 per month?

The football one I played years ago was not getting updates pretty much ever and it was I think $10 every month or something... this is just fine. Giving managers and fighters more shit to spend money on is a great way of controlling the runaway economy and could actually generate more money for Mike. As it is is I make enough money in-game I can use it to buy VIP which means Mike doesn't get that $30 cash injection from me even once per year. So taking money out of the hands of managers and fighters in pumping it into the game allows for some extra cash flow for Mike... especially so if the things added are really cool.

O yea, there are many out there. I do like that this game isnt a spend money on this, spend money on that to play or be better, Now is there room for improvement, yes tons, Has it gone down, yes it has, will it be the same it once was, probably not but it could be better. The right staff on board and the players not being so negative all the time also helps. If you constantly complain about something even the best developers are going to lose motivation and desire.

Lets show Mike that there are still managers that want to play, that want to see the game grow instead of die. No, It will never be perfect, but it doesnt have to be.

• Upvote 5

What about the physicals cap ? No need to vote anymore ? Does this mean it's definitely coming, or definitely not coming ?

Of the listed possible updates, I'm not against any of them. But adding even more skills to train, without at the same time making training progress some how faster, that would be a huge step backwards in my opinion. Especially considering that the recent bump to knees and elbows (if it's working as intended), effectively added two more skills to train already.

"Improvements" to the game shouldn't be something based on vote or popularity, it should be thought out and would need a good reason to add them.
I like to think about the negative impacts on improvements before I see the good in them, because negative impact can ruin a game way more than positive will help.

Gonna throw my 2 cents on each of the items on the list:

• 3rd Training block
    Somehow I can't really spot any negative issues, other than the fact that fighters will reach their caps sooner. Not even sure if it's good or bad.
  • 2 Companies
    Not sure if 2 companies is the best approach. There's also too much tycoon cash floating around the game, so an extra option to gain income would not help. However, the game currently lacks public gyms (gyms in general), so my opinion would be:
    • either add more coaches to the current gym setup, or,
    • give an extra company slot to VIPs, but that slot is Gym only. (I favor this option)
      ​​
  • updating the App and allowing for it to be more functional
    I'm a little biased by this, mostly because I use the website a lot on my phone, and I don't use the app. I can do everything I'd do on my computer, so I feel like spending time on this app takes out game development time. Unless whoever is working on the app is not a game development staff, I consider this a "would be nice" instead of an improvement.
  • Additional Companies
    This idea was valid a few years ago, when the game was in its prime. There's not as many managers, and there's already a drop in current companies in general, so at the moment, adding more companies would just thin out what's currently working.
    Cut men and coaches for a fight to give fighters a boost? We're talking about a "Pay to Win" feature right there, I'm 100% against it and it would most likely kill the whole game.
  • We are also trying to find ideas for managers and fighters to spend their in-game cash.
    This is not an easy problem to solve. Have to be careful with this, because it could affect new managers that are struggling to get cash. Whatever solution, have to make sure it's not something that will be Pay to Win.
  • Update to Morale - The idea is to make Morale be based on a variety of aspects from the amount of money a fighter has, its sponsors (if sponsored or not and their level of hype), Fight results, level of clothing, gym, etc. This would be shown on the same morale bar for all fighters however VIP would have access to click and find a breakdown on what is exactly impacting their fighters morale.
    Not sure I fully understand this one. A positive impact on morale based on certain things (sponsors, money, hype) would be cool if the fighter's morale would go up faster when these criterias are met, but any negative impact on morale based on these would be very bad for new managers and managers with no cash.
  • Tactics - This is also an area people have been calling for improvements but what are your ideas and suggestions?
    Anything that doesn't add more complexity to the game for new managers. Keep in mind that you want more managers to stick to the game.
  • Add Clinch Takedown and Clinch Takedown defense
    Is this a request to add 2 more skills to train?
    Clinchwork + Wrestling + Takedown off/def, these skills are what should work together for clinch takedowns. More skills would add another level of hell to fighter training.
  • Upvote 12

"Two companies to own" and "Additional companies"

These two are valuable ideas and inevitably tied together IMO. if we get the option of owning two companies then there MUST be additional companies. if not then I suspect most people won't bother using the second company slot - making it a waste of an update.

Now what additional companies would we get? I don't know. I've never been crazy about none of the ideas that were thrown around so far.

All this talk about companies leads me to think of the most basic company and the one that's the most important for an individual manager which may be what makes all the other companies somewhat scarce - the private gym.

So IMHO instead of adding a second company slot or creating additional companies it would be better for everyone if there was a way to make public gyms become profitable and more attractive. How would that be done? I don't know...

What I came up with on a hunch is to make them more profitable by generating additional income from merch partnerships or from getting a purse from each fighter's income or from media exposure. Say if you have a merch partnership with a clothing store, depending on the hype and sales of that store the gym gets an income from that; or the game generates media appearances depending on hype and popularity and the gym gets an income from that. make it so that fighters with low hype but high popularity hidden generate good money for the gym too.

or more easily, create a tax on high end contracts where if a fighter gets more than say 50k for fight then the gym gets a share of that. or don't take it from the fighter's account but just make it so that a percentage of his contract money magically shows up in the gym's balance.

and to make them more attractive there is this simple, somewhat silly idea that I'm sure everybody would love. Make it so that public gyms only have the option to turn retired fighters into trainers and depending on their hype and popularity they give seminars and fitness classes or something - all of which generates money for the gym.

• Upvote 1

The problem with gyms is that coach wages are way too high. You cannot hope to offer quality training to people if you have a full compliment of coaches because you would need to have WAY too many members to cover costs. Gyms only make profit if they offer shitty training in overcrowded conditions. Lowering the coach wages (drastically) would be the best way to even that score. Also a change to the way training works would be nice. The amount of drop-off in training effectiveness from 1-on-1 to 2-on-1 is still too big of a gap. So that's why everyone wants to have one-on-one training in private gyms. If the curve were made more smooth between 1 and four on one then it would not be so vitally important to have that one-on-one training. Right now a fighter in a private gym with one-on-one training has a significant advantage over even a fighter with 2-on-one training. but if the difference between one-on-one and four-on-one were about the same as the current difference between one-on-one and two-on-one, then public gyms would be able to be made that were profitable AND still offer decent training. even without messing with coach wages.

So, to summarize, I feel that either drastically reducing the wages of coaches or reducing the amount of drop-off in training effectiveness are the best ways to make public gyms viable options again. And make them not suck if they are profitable.

As it is right now the number of public gyms available is terrible and most fighters cannot get access to halfway decent training options.

• Upvote 4

O yea, there are many out there. I do like that this game isnt a spend money on this, spend money on that to play or be better, Now is there room for improvement, yes tons, Has it gone down, yes it has, will it be the same it once was, probably not but it could be better. The right staff on board and the players not being so negative all the time also helps. If you constantly complain about something even the best developers are going to lose motivation and desire.

Lets show Mike that there are still managers that want to play, that want to see the game grow instead of die. No, It will never be perfect, but it doesnt have to be.

I personally love the VIP exchange so haven't spent any money in ages. All I gotta do is keep winning tournaments and it pays for itself. No problem there, that is the least of my worries.

Idea: We should make the belts a bit bigger I think. TGC just came out with the SICKEST belt of all times and my guy Chris Steve won it and I can barely see it on his profile page. It's a fucking SICK SICK belt.

So shiny.

MAKE IT BIGGER MIKE (like my cock) ! And yes Belt Cabinet was awesome !

To be fair - most of Mike's loyal customers don't even spend IRL money on the game anymore and just top up their VIP using in game cash on the exchange to players who need the money more. And when you look at inflation levels over the years, the price of VIP has remained the same while other games have increased their prices at times. Not defending Mike here, but it doesn't hold up.

App for iPhone

Mike has said this is a nightmare to do, so odds are it won't happen. Tbh, the mobile web browser worked perfectly fine back when I had iOS so I dunno if that's changed since.

For the most part, Listerman basically listed all my thoughts on each individual idea in his post

The problem with gyms is that coach wages are way too high. You cannot hope to offer quality training to people if you have a full compliment of coaches because you would need to have WAY too many members to cover costs. Gyms only make profit if they offer shitty training in overcrowded conditions. Lowering the coach wages (drastically) would be the best way to even that score. Also a change to the way training works would be nice. The amount of drop-off in training effectiveness from 1-on-1 to 2-on-1 is still too big of a gap. So that's why everyone wants to have one-on-one training in private gyms. If the curve were made more smooth between 1 and four on one then it would not be so vitally important to have that one-on-one training. Right now a fighter in a private gym with one-on-one training has a significant advantage over even a fighter with 2-on-one training. but if the difference between one-on-one and four-on-one were about the same as the current difference between one-on-one and two-on-one, then public gyms would be able to be made that were profitable AND still offer decent training. even without messing with coach wages.

So, to summarize, I feel that either drastically reducing the wages of coaches or reducing the amount of drop-off in training effectiveness are the best ways to make public gyms viable options again. And make them not suck if they are profitable.

As it is right now the number of public gyms available is terrible and most fighters cannot get access to halfway decent training options.

Oh yeah I forgot about the costs involved in running a private gym...yeah reduction in training drop off would be a much better idea then in that case

• Upvote 1

listerman has a lot of good points. I was about to write something myself, but to sum it up most things here doesn't feel like priority improvements. Maybe not even improvements at all for some, but could depend on how how much thought and implementation effort goes into them.

If I was in charge of the game I would probably focus on two overall areas:

• Fight engine - expand with even more actions and possible choices for the fighters during the fight. Things like knees to legs and ko:s from body kicks etc. Keep improving it making the tactical possibilities deeper still as this is somehow the core of this game and what makes people keep playing it for years.
  • Economy - this is hard, but try to get a working in-game economy. Look over ways to generate and spend money, make a plan for what the game economy should look like and work towards that with new features and balancing. Might involve things like adding new company types and fighter morale from money earned.
    Edit: or this

And do something about the stupid auto-flights. I haven't been here that long, but I can get the feeling someone once went on a spree trying to merge a travelling simulator into this game with private jets and everything. Not sure if all that is adding any value at this point.

• Upvote 2

Regarding a 3rd training session per day - if it's a nightmare to code, why not just increase the learning speed for everyone, that will have the same effect.

QFCs worldwide, or continent wide, is an essential fix, especially for noobs.

More ways to spend money - these don't have to be functional, people just like to buy shiny things.

Not seeing a gym as a company would massively increase the variety on the high street, and the participation levels of us all.

• Upvote 5