Hardcore - Official Smack Talk Thread

Bleakardor

• 2 weeks later...
HFC 40 - Kocak vs Ferreria

Kocak Defeats Ferreria via Decision (Unanimous)

The former champ bouncing back with an outstanding performance against Ferreria, a top contender in this division. Kocak hos now lined himself up to take another run at the belt in the near future. Keep your eyes on Kocak as the next legitimate threat in the Heavyweight division. Ferreria now has two consecutive losses, and the second time in his career that has happened. Don't be surprised to see this man look for a grudge match against Kocak for his part in handing him a loss in each of those losing streaks.

Sosa Defeats Tidd via TKO (Strikes) Title Fight (KotN)

Our one title fight of the evening had Sosa defending his belt quickly and efficiently against the challenger Tidd. Sosa is looking to take on the biggest and the baddest the HFC, or anyone else, has to offer. If you're interested in taking a shot at the title, and can make a legitimate case as to why your fighter has earned it, hit us up! Sosa has put the division on lock down and is looking for fresh, hyped, and ready to be tenderized meat.

Pisswater Defeats Barbosa via Decision (Unanimous) (FotN)

Nati came in and was on point in this one, completely outworking the former champ and scoring quickly and often with the judges making this an easy call at the end.

King Defeats Martin via Decision (Unanimous)

One of the more boring (fan vote, of course!) fights of the evening, with a 54% approval rating. King took advantage of being the more accurate, and aggressive fighter of the two. When looking over the stats, it really stands out how many body punches and leg kicks that King threw, and landed. Landing each one more than all of Martin's strikes landed combined. Good strategy, work the body, gas the opponent, and score more points!

Winkelman Defeats White Jr. via Submission (Kimura) (SotN)

A last second tap out for the round one loss! Did White not hear the bell, did he forget that he only needed to hang on 3 more seconds? No, no that wasn't it at all. He tried to hang on, defended his ass off, but once it was locked in, the pain was overwhelming forcing a scream from White and a furious tap out. HFC likes to bring the pain, so a well earned Sub of the Night award!

Piano Defeats Ubereem via TKO (Strikes)

Piano, you're losing your touch! What happened to all those first round KO's? Are you starting to feel sluggish and old, or are you just giving these other guys a chance? Bouncing back from a disappointing loss, Piano displays some beautiful striking to best Ubereem via TKO in the second round.

Benedetti Defeats Soldic via Decision (Unanimous)

Benedetti is making a splash towards the top of the division. After defeating a top contender in Soldic, Benedetti is on the cusp of a title shot. Can he take Sosa, or will Diaz say not so fast and want to see who should be getting the next title shot? Diaz is ahead in the rankings, but just lost a title fight two months ago to Sosa. Is he ready? I think Benedetti and Diaz should duke it out to see who's moving on to throw down with the champ. What do you guys think??

Kirchen Defeats Brown via Submission (Triangle)

Kirchen with a slick Triangle submission win over Brown, coming in a close second for the SotN award. I swear, it has nothing to do with the fact that it was the only other submission victory of the night! Kirchen still hanging around and showing he's got balls the size of a Donkey's.. no, I said "A" Donkey, not Donkey's.... pervs...

Darwin Defeats Hippobody via KO (Punch)

Darwin, a name that always elicits intelligence to me. Well, I guess now I can start thinking of power with that name. Darwin with a display of his KO power as he drops Hippobody with a wicked right that puts Darwin out cold half way through the first round.

Northwood Defeats Vinsson via Decision (Majority)

The night got started with a very good fight as our opening fight of the evening went the distance and was a very close fight indeed. Northwood getting the judges approval with a slim win over Vinsson.
  • Upvote 5

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15969194468015.jpg Marcello "Hurricane" Sosa

• Lorenzo Benedetti is a formidable and familiar foe.
  • Nati Pisswater is an upcoming prospect that appears a win or two away from contention.
  • Sosa even heard a rumor that 155 champ Gorgon Patriot is gonna cut weight to get the business again.
  • Sosa is so talented he could drop down to 135, become double champ, move up to 155, become triple champ with ease.
  • But Sosa is also very generous and comes from humble beginnings. 1 title belt is enough for him.
  • Upvote 3

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15969194468015.jpg Marcello "Hurricane" Sosa

• Lorenzo Benedetti is a formidable and familiar foe.
  • Nati Pisswater is an upcoming prospect that appears a win or two away from contention.
  • Sosa even heard a rumor that 155 champ Gorgon Patriot is gonna cut weight to get the business again.
  • Sosa is so talented he could drop down to 135, become double champ, move up to 155, become triple champ with ease.
  • But Sosa is also very generous and comes from humble beginnings. 1 title belt is enough for him.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15803205804909.gif

Nati "Bo" Pisswater

"Well, at least you know what's coming for you Sosa! There's no 'appearing' to be a win or so away...whether it's next month, the month after or the one after that, the can of whoop-ass that's being prepped for ya boy is coming eventually...just up to you how long you want to wait before dealing with it! Wanna get it out of the way sooner than later, I'm here. Wanna wait and put it off as long as you can, that's cool, I'll let you sweat for as long as you like!"

• Upvote 2

HFC 41 - Wanker vs Krylov

Hello ladies, gentlemen, and degenerates of HARDCORE nation! What an exciting event we have lined up for you on Saturday, October 2! I could skip the entire preview and focus on your main event, and that would be enough. This fight will not only top the last time this Massive Wanker of a man stepped into the cage against Lev, but it will topple every single fight ever hosted in HFC history!

This fight is not a title fight, but it is between champions. A superfight of in house champs at the very top of their game and each dominating their divisions without mercy. So without continuing to hype this fight up more, and further neglect of our other exciting fights coming up on this card, lets jump into the action!

Massive Wanker VS Boris Krylov

(11-0) P4P 106 (10-2) P4P 114

HFC SHW Champion (1 Def) HFC HW Champion (1 Def)

Madness SHW Champion (4x Def)

HoF (Madness)

2x FotN 2x FotN

5x SotN 3x KotN

1x KotN

This fight has two of the HFC's best fighters, hands down, squaring off in an event that will make the ground rumble all the way from the arena in New York to the coasts of California. Last months ground breaking fight between Wanker and Bronstein was one for the ages. This fight is even more anticipated, and this fight is almost purely for the fans! There is no title on the line, but bragging rights will hang in the balance. Two of the greatest Heavyweights in HFC history and two outstanding managers coaching them up. I expect fireworks in this fight, to say the least. This fight is so hyped in HFC that it might just break the internet! Or at least we will claim that's what happened when in fact it was probably the ground rumbling beneath these behemoths as they collide Saturday night to see who is the best P4P fighter in the HFC.

What can I say about Wanker that I haven't said before? He's Massive!, he's a Wanker!, he's a monster is more like it. This man has overcome every obstacle in his path to date in HFC and Madness and is looking like a potential top 5 P4P fighter in the world with a real chance at cracking that #1 spot. Never backing down from a fight, he's used not only his sensational striking game to put opponents to sleep, but he's also show the ability to use his brown belt to force opponents to tap out. I wonder if anyone has ever tapped in sparring with him just because he was laying on top of them for a while?

Krylov is not to be underestimated as he's an excellent fighter in his own right. Smaller than Wanker, but likely to be a bit quicker, this will be an interesting fight indeed. Krylov was ripping through Madness with ease until he lost to Ferreria, losing his belt, and ditching his manager. He kickstarted his career when he signed on with Alex K. bouncing back in his final Madness appearance with a KO victory over Lindholm. Since the manager change, he's won 5 strait including avenging his loss to Ferreria last time out and defending his HW title.

Krylov is also a sensational striker, leaning more on MT than Boxing, and a remarkable wrestler bug gives up a severe advantage to Wanker in his jui jitsu training. If this fight goes to the ground, and I don't think there's a man on the planet that can prevent Massive Wanker from getting the fight to the ground, then Krylov could be in serious trouble. But while standing, I think Krylov actually displays a slight advantage, and if you couple that with the speed he gets for being the smaller fighter, he may just well pull this fight off.

Now, the challenge of a lifetime awaits each of these men To date, Wanker has not faced an opponent as skilled as Krylov. Krylov may have got the monkey off his back when he avenged his loss against Ferreria, but this fight will take every bit of his skill and savvy to overcome Wanker. It is worth noting that as Krylov moved to the SWH division for this fight, his class ranking put him at #1 HW fighter in the world where Wanker comes in at #7. Maybe the stats behind the script know something we don't, perhaps there's a speed advantage that Wanker will have to overcome as he takes on Krylov.

What we do know for sure about this fight is that when these two collide, the ground will shake, the fans will be amazed, and one of these fighters will become the hands down most popular, polarizing, and highest P4P ranked fighter in HFC history. And you can bet your ass I will be right there ring side watching the action. Don't worry, I bought a seat with an air suspension system in it, I won't be effected by the quake they put on!

This is literally the hardest fight I've ever picked. It's hard has hell to bet against Krylov after the way he dispatched Ferreria to avenge that loss. He's an amazing fighter and even the rankings show him the #1 fighter in the SHW division. But he's never fought someone like Wanker. This is the test of his life, and he's got a chance, but I just don't think he'll be able to overcome Wanker this time out.

Prediction: Wanker wins via Submission (Armbar) in round 4.

Gregory Motts (11-3) vs Keenan Eternity (5-2)

Motts is one of the oldest fighters in the HFC. At age 30, Motts has shown he can still throw with the best of them, which is a good thing if he wants to take out up and coming Eternity. Eternity has popped off 3 wins in a row from both Madness and F&B. Now, Eternity will make his long awaited HFC debut against one of the hard hitting Motts brothers.

Motts comes in to this fight on the heel of a very impressive win over hard hitting Don Piano. Having come off a disappointing loss to Ferreria in the previous bout, and with that loss also losing the title shot that was to be his next fight. Now, after a marquee win over Piano, he will be the HFC's welcome part for Eternity. If Motts wins, he's back in the title talks. If Eternity wins, it may leave more questions about Motts future unanswered, but will also cause a shake up in the HFC as Eternity looks to establish himself as a contender in the HFC from the go.

Another difficult fight to pick. Motts is a striker with outstanding wrestling. He won't be easy to get on the ground, and with Eternity not being able to match up with Motts wrestling skills, this fight may never go to the ground. When looking at it from a striking bout, Keenan is well versed as both a Boxer and as a MT practitioner. Motts is a better boxer, but yields significantly in the MT department giving Eternity an edge from range. Couple that with the Eternity probably having an advantage in the clinch as well, I have to ride the win streak and go with the better standing game.

Prediction: Eternity wins via TKO (Strikes) in round 2.

Ivan Izquierdo (12-5) vs Ronaldo Gomes (5-0)

Izquierdo earned himself a championship back at F&B, and defended the belt twice. In his last fight at F&B, he lost the belt to Seelow Hights who is awaiting his unification bout with the soon to be crowned HFC champ. Ivan has turned his attention to his HFC debut against Gomes. Ivan is the veteran fighter of the two, with a combined 17 fights and 12 wins under his belt to Gomes' 5, but Gomes is undefeated in his time thus far, and will be looking to keep that record in tact.

Will the veteran make a splash in his debut, or will Gomes put the division on notice that he's the real deal and he's working his way up the rankings. We'll find out Saturday night!

This fight is a bit tougher to pick because of the limited info we have on Gomes and even though we have a lot to go on for Ivan, it's all at F&B and with a different level of talent for the majority of his career. Ivan is a talented fighter who excels on the ground. Gomes is a better striker than Ivan, but he's just as lethal if not more deadly on the ground than Ivan is. So I think it's time the HFC is put on notice...

Prediction: Gomes wins via Submission (RNC) in round 2.

Gus Bad Man (7-2) vs Chanthaphone Southanouvong (8-5)

Gus is a baaad man. Or at least, he was until he ran into Alan Spence in his last title defense for F&B. Bad man has had success everywhere he's fought, from Madness, to F&B, and now he hopes the HFC. Having held the belt and defended against Lloyd, avenging his only loss to that point, he looked like the champion he was. The Spence came along and derailed those plans. Now, Bad Man makes his long awaited return to the cage where he will be fighting in the HFC for the first time in a match against Southanouvong.

"The Phoenix" comes into the fight looking to turn things around. Starting his career off quickly, he jumped out to a 6=0 record, but losing 2 of his next 3 he and his manager parted ways. Under new management, he bounced back with a big win against Rocca, but has since lost 3 strait. Now don't think that he's washed up yet as the three losses were all to title contenders, but at this point, Southanouvong needs to put up or shut up. It's time to win, or it's time to consider another career.

Everything from record, manager experience, and recent success points at Bad Man to win this fight. But there's one thing we know about a Phoenix. When you think they are dead, they rise from the ashes in a blaze of glory. What better setting for The Phoenix to be reborn than in the HFC being watched by Harley's Blazers?

Prediction: Southanouvong wins via Decision.

Undercards:

Lance Mills vs Walker Smith

Luke Valentine vs Vladmir Kosmanov

Your Sweet Destruction vs Sean Dickinson

Herlock Von Ryan vs Barnito Mustacho

Miguel Duarte vs Frank Lucas

Alesana Seia vs Richard Pryor

• Upvote 7

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15803205804909.gif

Nati "Bo" Pisswater

"Well, at least you know what's coming for you Sosa! There's no 'appearing' to be a win or so away...whether it's next month, the month after or the one after that, the can of whoop-ass that's being prepped for ya boy is coming eventually...just up to you how long you want to wait before dealing with it! Wanna get it out of the way sooner than later, I'm here. Wanna wait and put it off as long as you can, that's cool, I'll let you sweat for as long as you like!"

Despite it being an easy win, as Sosa's manager, I hate everything about this fight.

I don't feel like your glass-eyed inbred backwater nephew of Bubba deserves to share the same cage as Sosa... at least not yet. This fight is as Premature as my ejaculatory ejection on Bjorns mommas face.

Sosa assures it is an easy win and a HFC record breaking payday is coming.

• Upvote 3

HFC 42 - Yazzie vs Slingin

TjWUm0x.png

Presents

The Hardcore Headstart

with your Guest Host from

Sucker-Punch-Fist-Forum.png

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/16015538576574.png

Donkey “Dan”

Hello everybody over at Hardcore Fighting Championship! So, let me fill you in on a little secret here…and if Hare were here with me, he’d be having a field day with this, and probably get us in a lot of trouble and his own fighters cut from the org in the process! But…from what I’ve been told, J. W. and the rest of the staff over here at Hardcore are tied up dealing with a corporate issue. Yeah, I know, he told you all that his computer is down and some crap like that, but the reality is they’re dealing with legal issues due to some sort of “Me Too” harassment situation. My guess is that it’s all about J. W. himself and frankly, even if it’s not, the head honcho ultimately has to take responsibility, am I wrong?

So…with that…well, nobody’s exactly keeping a close eye on the media machine over here and the mic’s been left unattended huh? Well, over at Sucker Punch, Hare pretty much dominates the hijinks, so I really tend to keep on point…I mean, somebody has to keep all hell and chaos from breaking loose right? But…how could I pass up this opportunity to slip on over here, get ahold of things with nobody watching, and just have my own good ole fun eh?

So that’s what we’re going to do, we’re going to run this shit while they’re not looking! It won’t be as intensive as what Hare does over at that “other” place that I won’t mention again, but that’s because Hare just likes to hear himself talk. I’ll keep this right to the point for the most part!

But before we head right into seeing what you guys have going on over here at Hardcore, let’s first talk about J. W.’s money! Yep, I’m probably going to get in some trouble for this anyway, I figure we might as well take it a little further! Anybody who knows me and has followed us at that “other” place I won’t mention again knows how I feel about preparedness. It’s seriously a big deal for me. You can be the most "mediocre skilled, desperately trying your best" fighter on the planet, but damnit, if you come to the fight prepared…you know, your energy up, having gotten a good night’s rest and having your management team be sure you’re set and properly ready to go…and if you’ve got your head on straight, focused, ready to fight, not day dreaming about stupid shit or sulking and moping around about some stupid shit…if you can get those basics going coming into a fight, I’ll friggin’ guarantee you’ve given yourself the best chance…and if that other bastard doesn’t come in the same way, well, you’re already ahead of the game! And a good portion of the time, that means you’re going to potentially walk out of there with the big ole “W” baby! It seriously means a lot to me to see guys step to the table ready to go.

So that being said…we’re going to play around with J. W.’s money a bit! I mean, he did say he would pay for somebody to do a friggin’ preview, am I wrong? So…since I’m the one doing it…with or without consent, we won’t get into the technicalities…then it’s my money to do with as I please, again, am I wrong? So here’s the deal…I have a soft spot for the Undercard fights. For me, they’re the heart and soul of a card. Yeah, you can have a great couple of Main Events, and yes, the Main Card has to go off and be remembered. But, for the fans that paid good money, they want to see some great shit when it was least expected. They want some of those Undercard and such fights to turn into ones where they’re like “Holy shit, did you ever hear of so-and-so? Well, they friggin’ brung it baby!”

So…the cash that would have been paid for the preview…will be split between the two who friggin’ bring it the best from the Undercard fights. We’ll call it something like the Cockstrong Fight of the Night. I dunno, it’s a work in progress, give me a break already. It will be voted on by myself, J. W. and the rest of the HFC Staff. But, there’s a catch, and you had to be prepared for this given what I said…both guys in the fight have to have come prepared to give it everything baby! This is for those kids who haven’t worked up the ladder yet, but I’ll be damned if they aren’t coming ready to give it everything they’ve got! That means, energy at the time I write this has to be within 10% of full and morale within 5%. Anything less, you didn’t come ready to go, although I’ll have some leniency on the energy given there are still a couple sessions to rest. Now, somebody might say, “Well, that’s not fair, what if I brought it but my fucknut of an opponent didn’t, why should I get penalized?”. Well buddy, yeah, it does suck, you can’t get it, but silver lining, you already got rewarded with a fight that you were probably able to win due to your opponent’s fuckery! And if you didn’t win with them unprepared, then piss off man, you screwed it up!

Wow…I’m starting to get like Hare here, droning on and on! Let’s get to the shit now that I laid the groundwork here, and see what’s going on with this card!

Undercard Bout #1 – Light Heavyweights

Rakeem Marley v Basko Godwin

CFoN Qualified!

Alright, the first fight of the night is one I know a little something about at least, as Basko Godwin is actually one of Hare’s old fighters. Now, I know why Hare let him go, but I’m not going to go telling you that. That’s for him to tell if he wants. Basko is under new management…again, for the third time in his career. So we won’t know exactly what new instructions he’s been given. Both Godwin and Marley have recently fought Juan De Souza…and both have had their days end up badly! Rakeem Marley is the better boxer in this contest and Godwin has the better combination of Muay Thai and wrestling. Given that, you’d have to figure Godwin will likely want this in the clinch and Marley is going to want to stay separated. The variable in all of this is whether or not Godwin has developed some offense to go with his ground game and that brown belt in Jiu Jitsu. If he has, then the smart move is for him to soften up Marley in the clinch then take it to the ground where Marley should be at a disadvantage. We also know that Marley cuts easily, but that has never come into play as a stoppage in his fights and we know that Godwin has some KO Power…although that doesn’t say much about his chin…hint-hint.

Donkey’s Pick: Basko Godwin via TKO (Strikes)

Godwin’s got a few more potential variables in his favor, a possible angle or two he could play in this fight. It’s a tough pick, but I’m going to go with new management turning it around for him.

Undercard Bout #2 – Light Heavyweights

Aleksandar Volkanovski v Tom Tomson

CFoN Qualified!

Tomson is a striker with a kickboxing nature down in his core. Sure he’s got solid skills across the board like most kids do at this level, but given the choice he’ll bring the fists and the feet to the fight, none of that grabbing and groping shit! He’s not going to care for Volkanovski’s tactics much, because while Volkanovski doesn’t seem to mind boxing and kicking, he’d prefer to get in close, tie you up, and get a little of the dirty stuff going. Ok, not really, in the clinch he’s mostly about the punches to the head and body, not too much with the elbows or knees. But, he’s definitely going to want to slow dance with Tomson, lean on him a bit and wear him down. Volkanovski is the bigger fighter and if he gets ahold of Tomson he may be able to do just that, wear him down and out. If Tomson can steer clear and strike from distance, this goes in his favor. Both need a win as they’re under .500 at this time.

Donkey’s Pick: Aleksandar Volkanovski via TKO (Strikes)

Volkanovski has a granite chin that’s going to be tested by Tomson’s heavy hands. I think if Volkanovski can get into the clinch and control it, he can take control of this fight overall.

Undercard Bout #3 – Lightweights

Michail Karnov v Rafaelo Gracie

NOT CFoN Qualified!

Michail Karnov can blame Gracie in this one for having them fail to qualify for the Cockstrong bonus this evening! Gracie is coming in at about 87% morale which isn’t a killer, but every little bit counts when the fights are tight! Karnov is a clinch monster, preferring to be there rather than stand and strike from distance. The last time he was forced to box for the majority of the fight, three fights back against Samuel Boom, his world got rocked. He’s got heavy hands but doesn’t want to have his chin tested outside his comfort zone if possible. That probably won’t be an issue in this fight, as Gracie, true to his name and heritage, is a brown belt in Jiu Jitsu and is going to want this on the ground so he can try to lock in a submission. That’s how he’s won his two victories so far, one under current manager Nicholas Bowers and the other under prior management.

Donkey’s Pick: Michail Karnov via TKO (Strikes)

I do have a tendency to lean towards the ground specialists when all is fair and square, or the fight is expected to be a close one. But I’m leaning toward Karnov in this fight for two reasons…first, Gracie is slightly low on morale, and that could play into his confidence to get a takedown or finish. Also, to date, Karnov has never been submitted. I have to believe he’s been tested at some point, although to be honest, I didn’t look back through all of his fights. I’m thinking that this won’t end that streak.

Undercard Bout #4 – Middleweights

Dre Battle v Samson Komua

CFoN Qualified!

Komua has a solid chin. But clearly not THAT solid as he’s been knocked out and TKO’d in his past two fights. He has a brown belt in Jiu Jitsu, which would be his advantage over Battle in this…well, battle…but it doesn’t appear that it’s for offense and based upon his fight with Nurmagedov three fights back, clearly he was interested in getting back to the feet as soon as possible. Battle also has a good chin and has only lost once so far, via Decision four fights back against Samson Komua. Oh, wait…hmmm…well then! Yes, the only man who has defeated Battle and put a scar on his record is Mr. Komua himself, so Battle gets an opportunity for revenge in this one!

Donkey’s Pick: Dre Battle via KO (Punch)

The last time these two met was almost five months ago. A lot can change in five months folks, and while I don’t know what their skills looked like back then, what I do know is that Battle appears to have the stronger standup skills where it should matter if the brown belt of Komua’s isn’t a threat. You have to think Battle learned something last time and is ready to bring it a bit differently this time. Is Komua also? I’m going against Hare’s alliance-mate here, one of the best in the game, so there’s a good chance Bwang Jong Sr may make me eat my words! But…so is Chris Karter! This is a matchup of behemoths from a management standpoint!

Undercard Bout #5 – Welterweights

John Bessant v James Howlett

NOT CFoN Qualified!

Our second fight of the Undercards that fails to quality for the Cockstrong bonus, and John Bessant can thank Howlett for that missed opportunity! So that means we have three fights that qualify for the evening folks. Add to that that Bessant would appear to have the standup, especially boxing, advantage in this fight and Howlett the ground advantage…but…Howlett has never seemed to be overly comfortable with the ground game despite his purple belt in Jiu Jitsu. Which means it’s mostly defensive. Instead he appears to prefer the clinch, where he especially likes the dirty stuff…the knees, the elbows, all the nasty little things that just plain hurt like hell if you get nailed with them! Bessant is a Muay Thai artist himself but prefers his hands and elbows, with a majority of his strikes shots to the head and body, with a few elbows thrown in here and there. Expect this fight in the clinch quite a bit.

Donkey’s Pick: John Bessant via TKO (Strikes)

Bessant has multiple things going for him here. First, a manager ranked in the top 100. Second, the stronger combination of Muay Thai and grappling skills for the clinch work that is sure to ensue. Third, last and certainly not the least, the morale advantage. If there was any worry about his ability to control and dominate the clinch, that advantage may be pivotal!

Main Card Bout #1 – Lightweights

Ryan Rodriguez v Ed Ford

Wow, talk about a fight that is about as even as it gets, with Rodriguez having a slight edge in wrestling by only the smallest of margins! But will it play in? Possibly, if one of these two mixes it up and goes for the clinch. But probably not. Ford has KO power and has used that power under current management to win three of his four fights, with only his most recent fight being a loss via decision. The three fights prior to that were all ended in under two minutes with a display of that power, always in conjunction with his boxing! He’ll be up against a like-minded individual with Rodriguez who also has a big right hand and can knock out the best of them. Heck, he did just that as he’s a former champion with two successful title defenses before he lost the belt to Pinero Chai.

Donkey’s Pick: Ryan Rodriguez via TKO (Strikes)

This is another contest between behemoth managers, with Alex Maniatakos and Andy Down sending their minions out to do their bidding! Ryan Rodriguez held the belt for a reason, and in a tight contest like this one, I’m going to lean on that experience to pull him through for the win…and potentially another step on the path back to contendership? Only the HFC Staff knows that for sure!

Main Card Bout #2 – Light Heavyweights

Joao Andrade v Ko Van Den Born

Another Andy Down disciple, Van den Born, heads into this confrontation to face off with Joao Andrade. I’ll say this folks, this card is bringing you battles between the best of the best, hope you enjoy and appreciate that! As you would expect at this level of development and from this level of management, these two are matched up extremely well skill-wise.

Van Den Born took a loss most recently to Ralph McGuire, a decision handed down after a war that saw Van Den Born attempt to utilize the clinch quite a bit, but finding himself taking heavy shots when boxing and bleeding quite a bit from a nasty cut that developed. That was a rematch from a fight three back when Van Den Born came out on top with a TKO victory and a change of tactics, as typically Van Den Born leans on his boxing. That had to be a disappointing loss, as it appears to have been a Top Contender battle with McGuire going on to fight for the Light Heavyweight Championship this month, so expect some extra fire in Van Den Born’s belly for this one

Andrade is on a three fight win streak under current management. He’d faltered at the end of his run with Jake Fury, but has come bounding back under Prince Mitchell. Andrade prefers to box so if Van Den Born returns to his old style, we may see these two go toe to toe in a boxing/kickboxing matchup! Andrade will mix it up with his hands and feet, using low kicks extensively to slow down his opponent…and also set them up for a killer high kick when they least expect it! His last opponent, Jean Lucroy, learned that the hard way after failing to take note from Andrade’s prior fights.

Donkey’s Pick: Joao Andrade via TKO (Strikes)

Andrade has a granite chin and Van Den Born has a big right hand. One will have to be stopped by the other when these two meet! Prince Mitchell has found something in Andrade that’s working and that seems to be a streak I’d be hard pressed to call for an end to at this time. But in a battle where these two are going to see who can strike the best and the hardest, anything goes!

Main Card Bout #3

Light Heavyweight Championship Bout

Aatreya Mahrishi v Ralph McGuire

This is your Light Heavyweight Championship folks and yet, it’s not the Co-Main Event! That has to tell you something about the quality of the fights at the top of this card for another to overshadow this contest which will see an announcement of “And Newwwww”! But who will it be, as this is a re-establishment of the belt it seems?!?

Ralph McGuire earned this opportunity after a tough decision victory over Van Den Born which was a rematch from a loss three fights ago. That loss was his one and only loss in his past six fights trailing all the way back to his time with Madness! This man has an uncanny ability to take it the distanced and win via Decision, with three of his last four wins going that way. His other win stuffed in the middle there was a stoppage via cuts in what seems to have been some sort of five-ten minute round match of lunacy! But that was Madness all right! McGuire will move in and out of the clinch if he can, but seems to prefer spending the majority of his time boxing.

In the red corner will be Aatreya Mahrishi, the other fighter hoping to be holding the belt by the end of the night as the new crowned reigning champion! Most recently Mahrishi has been leaning on his boxing, and aggressively at that…but before that he had shown a proclivity for the clinch, where he was also active, aggressive and brutal, with a high percentage of his strikes finding a way home! He’s got a granite chin, so he’s not afraid to stand in there and take a few shots if it means he gets the opportunity to dish it out. The only thing he doesn’t want to do is roll around on the carpet with you, as he has a blue belt in Jiu Jitsu and has never shown a willingness to stay put down there if given the option!

Donkey’s Pick: Aatreya Mahrishi via TKO (Strikes)

I think perhaps Mahrishi finds his way back to the clinch, potentially thinking he can abuse McGuire, wear him down, and prevent McGuire trying to take this thing the distance as he’s wont to do. Yes, I just used the word wont, you have an issue with that?!? McGuire also has a granite chin, so it’s tough to KO him and he’s more than willing to trade shots with you boxing to try to stretch it out. The clinch might be the difference maker…or should I say, the king-maker!

Co-Main Event - Welterweights

Manolito Tai Kung v Lucien Lachance

Lucien Lachance is a dual threat in that he’s both knocked guys the hell out as well as submitted them on the ground. Pick your poison, nowhere is safe in a fight with this man! With remarkable wrestling and a brown belt in Jiu Jitsu, with a clear ability to use it offensively, you need to be fairly certain of your abilities if you go to the ground with this man.

Across the cage from Lachance will be Manolito Tai Kung, a 9-1 Muay Thai fighter who appears to have possibly had the belt stripped from him when former manager Lionel R went MIA due to some unforeseen issues outside the Tycoon world. Those issues are not for me to speak of, but I do have it on pretty good authority that they were legit and still are. Under new manager Igor Peixoto, Tai Kung begins his quest to regain his status and his belt. That mission starts with this chance against Lachance and certainly starts out on difficult footing! Tai Kung is a kickboxer who will also use his striking abilities on the ground if he has to.

Donkey’s Pick: Lachance via Submission (Kimura)

I’m not going to pretend and candy coat this for you guys…or for Tai Kung for that matter. I see him as a significant underdog coming into this fight being that Lachance has the edge in both boxing and wrestling. And then there’s the one thing that most jumps out from Tai Kung’s recent fights, and that’s that his loss to Samuel Rodrigues was via submission. If Lachance decides he wants to go the route of the ground game rather than exploit his boxing advantage, there’s a crack in Tai Kung’s armor on the ground there. Lachance has multiple paths to success in this one so I think perhaps he walks away the new champ!

Main Event

Welterweight Championship Bout

Dyami Yazzie v Slash Slingin

Last but not least we have the Main Event of the evening, a championship bout between Dyami Yazzie and Slash Slingin. This appears to be another re-establishment of the belt as neither currently holds the championship!

Prior to looking too deeply the advantage appears to jump out as being Yazzie’s as he has a significant advantage in Muay Thai, with the remaining primary areas being about equal between the two. That doesn’t appear to play in significantly to his plans offensively though and is mainly in place defensively. Once again, manager vs. manager this is another heavy hitter with Randall McSweeny leading Slingin against Dr. Octagon managed Yazzie. Both easily Top 100 managers currently and both having been Top 20 or better previously!

Slingin has only been managed by McSweeny for a short period, with this being the second fight under his guidance. The first was a win over Sha’quan Woods that set him up for this opportunity and was won via Arm Triangle submission. While Slingin has had at least one win via TKO, the vast majority of his wins have come via his brown belt in Jiu Jitsu and often were the result of grabbing hold of an arm and making it do things it wasn’t meant to do!

Where Slingin’ would appear to have a great opportunity to use his ground game in this against most opponents, Yazzie comes into this with a hair’s worth of advantage in wrestling and also a brown belt. He’s had more than his fair share of submissions and has shown a willingness to go to the ground and win that way when the advantage is his. However, Yazzie also has no issue standing and striking, specifically kickboxing style with heavy use of his feet to slow down and damage his opponent. Could he attempt to go that direction again in this one against another very accomplished submission artist?

Donkey’s Pick: Dyami Yazzie via TKO (Strikes)

Slingin has a granite chin, but has been defeated at least once via KO, so it’s not impossible to get to that chin. However, does Yazzie have the power to do so, and would he even commit to that power? Previously it seems he prefers to go the aggressive, accurate route so my thoughts are he may try to use the kicks to slow Slingin down and keep the fight from going to the ground, then wear and tear on Slingin to score the points for a win and, if possible, wear him down over five rounds for a possible TKO. Slingin will likely focus on takedown attempts, so he better succeed in getting it to the ground and not gas himself in the process to have a chance. And then, he still has to come out on top in the ground war against another accomplished brown belt! One of these dudes is definitely going to earn that title in this fight, that’s for sure!

So there you go peeps! J. W. turns his back and bam, we’re all over this thing with nobody to keep us in check! To me, this looks like a great card to watch, and it will be interesting to see how I do picking the fights when the fighters are more advanced and closer to fully developed as opposed to the difference you see in just 5k or so further down the line with 355k+ guys.

Enjoy the action everybody…and don’t forget…there’s no showing up limp and soft when you’re going Hardcore baby! So bring it!

Donkey, over and out!

• Upvote 5

HFC 42 - Battle vs Samson II

TjWUm0x.png

Presents

Undercard Bout #4 – Middleweights

Dre Battle v Samson Komua

CFoN Qualified!

Komua has a solid chin. But clearly not THAT solid as he’s been knocked out and TKO’d in his past two fights. He has a brown belt in Jiu Jitsu, which would be his advantage over Battle in this…well, battle…but it doesn’t appear that it’s for offense and based upon his fight with Nurmagedov three fights back, clearly he was interested in getting back to the feet as soon as possible. Battle also has a good chin and has only lost once so far, via Decision four fights back against Samson Komua. Oh, wait…hmmm…well then! Yes, the only man who has defeated Battle and put a scar on his record is Mr. Komua himself, so Battle gets an opportunity for revenge in this one!

Donkey’s Pick: Dre Battle via KO (Punch)

The last time these two met was almost five months ago. A lot can change in five months folks, and while I don’t know what their skills looked like back then, what I do know is that Battle appears to have the stronger standup skills where it should matter if the brown belt of Komua’s isn’t a threat. You have to think Battle learned something last time and is ready to bring it a bit differently this time. Is Komua also? I’m going against Hare’s alliance-mate here, one of the best in the game, so there’s a good chance Bwang Jong Sr may make me eat my words! But…so is Chris Karter! This is a matchup of behemoths from a management standpoint!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14429787856642.gif

Dre's camp is predicting a 1st or 2nd round KO reminiscent of Kilo vs Zulu. We expect Samson to desperately cling to accuracy after realizing he doesn't have the power to go punch for punch with the future Middleweight champ. The King calls his shots and backs up his words with violence. Dre might eat a head kick or two, but he should shrug it off and tell him, "Is that all you got?" before torching him with the pimp hand of doom.

• Upvote 2

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14429787856642.gifhttp://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15934452645739.gif

"Better take big heart out your bio dawg." Dre Battle blurts into the mic after dispatching Samson Komua with the patented Pimp Hand of Doom. "ADA been talkin' that mess about cleaning out his division and fighting the Punch Master General. Only thing you'll be cleanin' out is your bloody ass shorts after I turn your head into a piñata. I ain't losing to no damn Chunner."

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

A.D.A (HFC Middleweight Champion) (12-1)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15934452645739.gif

Porra Caralho! your hand-speed isn't fast enough to land a knockout blow on my chin. I am not a human punching bag. Go destroy one of my top 5 middleweight contender in devastating fashion then I will take you seriously. You have never been in a 5 round fight. I would test your conditioning and take it all 5 rounds if you piss me off in that octagon. #UndefeatedatMiddleweight

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14429787856642.gif

"Too slow? I know they got good juice down in Brazil but I'm genetically superior to you in every way due to generations of selective breeding and hard labor. Tell J.W. I'm ready for a #1 contender fight. I'm not a mathmagician, but using some MMA math..." Dre bust out his flip phone and starts to use the calculator. " Harry Olsen beat you up for 3 rounds, I knocked him out in the 2nd, so I fuck you up in the 1st. I'll send you back down to welterweight with a proper pimp prayer and beating that only a hoe like bjorn's mom could appreciate."

• Upvote 5

Undercard Bout #1 – Light Heavyweights

Rakeem Marley v Basko Godwin

CFoN Qualified!

Alright, the first fight of the night is one I know a little something about at least, as Basko Godwin is actually one of Hare’s old fighters. Now, I know why Hare let him go, but I’m not going to go telling you that. That’s for him to tell if he wants. Basko is under new management…again, for the third time in his career. So we won’t know exactly what new instructions he’s been given. Both Godwin and Marley have recently fought Juan De Souza…and both have had their days end up badly! Rakeem Marley is the better boxer in this contest and Godwin has the better combination of Muay Thai and wrestling. Given that, you’d have to figure Godwin will likely want this in the clinch and Marley is going to want to stay separated. The variable in all of this is whether or not Godwin has developed some offense to go with his ground game and that brown belt in Jiu Jitsu. If he has, then the smart move is for him to soften up Marley in the clinch then take it to the ground where Marley should be at a disadvantage. We also know that Marley cuts easily, but that has never come into play as a stoppage in his fights and we know that Godwin has some KO Power…although that doesn’t say much about his chin…hint-hint.

Donkey’s Pick: Basko Godwin via TKO (Strikes)

Godwin’s got a few more potential variables in his favor, a possible angle or two he could play in this fight. It’s a tough pick, but I’m going to go with new management turning it around for him.

"Dodgy" Basko Godwin (350389)

- Dominated his last opponent, under new management, "Ice Cold" Juan De Souza (350439) LETS RUN IT BACK!

• Upvote 2

I had a chance to talk to Donkey, and he gave me his selection for the winners for the CFoN award he was hee haw'n about. The amount I would have paid a writer there was 50k, so the split will be 35k/15k.

Aleksandar Volkanovski v Tom Tomson

Tomson - 35k

Volkanovski - 15k

Money will be sent shortly. If you dispute his decision, please be sure to get in touch with Donkey. If he doesn't return your calls, feel free to contact Hare over at SPPS, I hear he's got the DL on Donkey's hideouts.

• Upvote 2

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15649070666029.png

Feaqeuin "Bizi" Bizihwaeile

Looking forward to a massive test for myself against freak of nature Ademaro Dos Anjos.
A granite chin Abu Dhabi Champ with amazing MT skills as, a nearly impossible youngster to beat.

I know damn well that I'll be far underskilled compared to the champ in all aspects but one and that's pure KO power.
My best chance is to plant my fist in his face when he comes for the clinch or takedown, or I'll be in for one of those famous golden showers that the Convincted guys are so full off. Exciting times ahead for all envolved.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1