Learning Speed and "keepers"

Decoy

First when you make a fighter, you should check the learning speed. My opinion is that under 5.5 is too slow to be competitive at ID level and also too slow to wait for him to develop for top level with the skill cap going down with age.

After I get a decent learning speed, I like to test the fighter in the next 1-2 weeks in a test fight. Considering the hiddens TOTT hierarchy, I am keeping just Granite chin, good/solid chin and all the variations of KO power - KO power itself, Heavy handed and Big right hand. If it shows anything different, it means that ko power/chin hiddens are below the level needed to show on TOTT.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Also, what do I look for in FA or new fighters to decide if they are worth keeping?

Firstly you probably are looking for a guy with a winning record (more wins than losses)

But if that doesn't concern you as much, and some managers it doesn't because sometimes a good fighter has a bad manager that does not know how to set sliders etc., then you are looking to scout out that fighters early fights. You'd be looking into the first 5 fights about to check what hiddens popped on the TOTT. If they have physicals too high to show anything on the TOTT (cardio machine, insanely flexible, very quick) it gets a bit more difficult and you will have to check the oppositions hiddens to see if your fighter in question was able to KO granite chins, survive being Koed by a monster KO artist or survive a high level ground submissionist while having low BJJ and things like that. It takes a lot more time and is a bit painstaking but can be worth it if the fighter can be used on your roster and you get to know his strengths so you can train him properly and set his tactics better to suit him once you pick him up from Free Agency.