Does your fighter lose skills if he does not train them?

damndaniel

Do fighters skills diminish over time if they are not trained, like kicks and punches? What about majors like Boxing overall? Physicals like cardio and strength?

Does fighters ability to learn skills diminish? If you have an 18yo what should you have him learn first?

I have one 18yo project fighter, and focusing on physicals and sparring. Should I adjust that? have him learn more specific skills?

thanks for the input

Do fighters skills diminish over time if they are not trained, like kicks and punches? What about majors like Boxing overall? Physicals like cardio and strength?

Does fighters ability to learn skills diminish? If you have an 18yo what should you have him learn first?

I have one 18yo project fighter, and focusing on physicals and sparring. Should I adjust that? have him learn more specific skills?

thanks for the input

If you spend too much time without fighting and without training a specific skill (among the highest ones) that skill will diminish. it varies how much time it takes for each fighter but it's about 2-3 months; That applies to secondaries, primaries and physicals;

Fighter's ability to learn (i.e. learning speed) diminish as they get older; I would have an 18y/o learn first cardio and strength up to 13; then your main secondaries up to 13-14;

There are different strategies to develop an 18 y/o project. I believe most people train a little bit of everything among the main secondaries, primaries and physicals. Some people wait a bit longer to start having projects sparring.

• Upvote 5