Check retired fighters hiddens

Bwang

16 minutes ago, OptimalMMAPicks said:

Underselling Heart a bit here IMO, especially at the higher weights. Seen so many examples of where a fight was won/lost by Heart alone.

I honestly think heart is the most important hidden, even more than chin. Chin and confidence are higher up on the ToTT hierarchy, but I'd definitely rather have an okay chin that will stay in the fight and fight back than a granite chin that's going to fold the second the fight isn't going his his way.

1 hour ago, OptimalMMAPicks said:

Underselling Heart a bit here IMO, especially at the higher weights. Seen so many examples of where a fight was won/lost by Heart alone.

I didn't mean to. Only to say that it isn't as important as Chin and Power. It's probably unfair to lump it in with confidence though, it is significantly more important than that.

1 hour ago, OptimalMMAPicks said:

I didn't mean to. Only to say that it isn't as important as Chin and Power. It's probably unfair to lump it in with confidence though, it is significantly more important than that.

Either the forums or my internet was being stupid, you can delete this double post.

1 hour ago, gwad12345 said:

Either the forums or my internet was being stupid, you can delete this double post.

spin and win farming

guilty as charge

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Havenwest said:

are hiddens the three boxes you choose at creation... and what are the best hiddens

Every fighter has a set of hidden stats which are rolled randomly. The three you choose at the start get a +30 boost. Most people consider KO Power, Chin and Heart to be the most important hiddens, though most people sack fighters without good Learning Speed right away.

I pretty much agree with this simply because I have no idea what Intelligence, Experience, or Confidence (other than morale drops from losses) do in a fight.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Antary said:

Every fighter has a set of hidden stats which are rolled randomly. The three you choose at the start get a +30 boost. Most people consider KO Power, Chin and Heart to be the most important hiddens, though most people sack fighters without good Learning Speed right away.

I pretty much agree with this simply because I have no idea what Intelligence, Experience, or Confidence (other than morale drops from losses) do in a fight.

Intelligence and experience work basically the same way, only experience increases over time. It basically relates to decision making, so "see how it goes" and non absolute sliders are where IQ and experience has the most impact.

Morale loss within a fight (I believe) makes a fighter more timid.

Just now, JudoJoker said:

Intelligence and experience work basically the same way, only experience increases over time. It basically relates to decision making, so "see how it goes" and non absolute sliders are where IQ and experience has the most impact.

Morale loss within a fight (I believe) makes a fighter more timid.

Yeah, but that alone isn't enough info. It'd help a lot to know the mechanics behind gameplan adaptation and how Intelligence contributes to that. Until we get more information I don't think people will ever take those two hiddens seriously.

I also wish we knew more about what exactly Heart does. Is it really just another Chin but against TKOs? It's not uncommon to see people eat TKOs out of nowhere in one line of action without getting rocked beforehand.

• Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/28/2021 at 10:22 AM, Antary said:

Yeah, but that alone isn't enough info. It'd help a lot to know the mechanics behind gameplan adaptation and how Intelligence contributes to that. Until we get more information I don't think people will ever take those two hiddens seriously.

I also wish we knew more about what exactly Heart does. Is it really just another Chin but against TKOs? It's not uncommon to see people eat TKOs out of nowhere in one line of action without getting rocked beforehand.

@JudoJoker

IQ is most important regarding 2 things...

1 is finishing an opponent that's rocked. Consider it an IQ (your fighter) vs Heart (opponent) roll.

2 is during sub attempts. Low IQ is more likely to get positiom reversed on failed sub attempts.

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...

2020 Fighter of the Year - Latrobe Arundel
Intelligence: 71/150.
Heart: 131/150.
Chin: 109/150.
Injury Proneness: 73/150.
Self Confidence: 52/150.
Cuts: 54/150.
Fast Learner: 140/150.
Natural KO: 149/150.
Average: 97.4/150. Rank: 33,703 out of 212,424 (top 16%)

Experience: 147/150.
Potential: 118/123. (Min 96).
Age Drop Off: 31 years.

Days of Cuts: 21 (Rank: 13,020)
Days of Injuries: 254 (Rank: 3,276)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, actionjackson said:

2020 Fighter of the Year - Latrobe Arundel
Intelligence: 71/150.
Heart: 131/150.
Chin: 109/150.
Injury Proneness: 73/150.
Self Confidence: 52/150.
Cuts: 54/150.
Fast Learner: 140/150.
Natural KO: 149/150.
Average: 97.4/150. Rank: 33,703 out of 212,424 (top 16%)

Experience: 147/150.
Potential: 118/123. (Min 96).
Age Drop Off: 31 years.

Days of Cuts: 21 (Rank: 13,020)
Days of Injuries: 254 (Rank: 3,276)

I vastly underestimated his KO power and over estimated confidence.