Sportsmanship slider

jjsquirrel

New slider set between fighting fair or dirty. I'm thinking it would be mainly for atmosphere/roleplaying/smacktalking purposes and only have minor effects in the fight.

Middle setting

Same as now.

Fair

Opponent takes less damage from TKO/submission loss (as you stop in time).

Small amount of extra popularity gain for a win.

Maybe a tiny bit of favour with the judges if it goes to decision?

Dirty

Slightly higher risk of performing illegal moves giving warnings/DQ

A chance of advantages through things like inflicting/worsening cuts in clinch/groundfigthing from "accidental" headbutts or rubbing your gloves in the face of the other guy etc.

Get a chance for one last late punch at round breaks.

If both fighters are fighting fair you would see comments like touching gloves etc. if not there would rather be things like humiliating antics after a KO. Having both at he same extreme might even increase the fight rating a little for the org owner.

Would let fighters develop more personality and make grudge matches appear like it in the commentary.

• Upvote 9

As cool as that sounds... I just don't really know how I feel about that. I would hate for everyone and their brother to go dirty fighting because of the possibility to get some extra damage or whatever... One could also make a case for Steroids and other PEDs because they are in the real world, but sometimes you need to forego some realism in order to make the game more playable and balanced. As it is now, anyone who learns the game, reads the forums etc... could eventually with hard work and dedication reach the upper levels of the game and get the private training etc to be top 100, top 50, top 25, or even top 10 in the world. Steroids, HGH and test boosters would all skew that. So would fighting dirty sliders. It sounds really cool, but I see abuse all over in it.

dirty style will use everyone for get a win because cuts or something like that

Maybe we can have a coveat with it. Like if two fighters are in a clinch and one tries to do a dirty headbutt there is a chance it causes a cut to open on the dirty fighter's head instead of the victim's head. That has happened in some real fights when a fighter headbutted his opponent and busted himself open.

• Upvote 1

The balance should be tweaked to make both settings valid. My idea was never dirty=always better. Rather a higher risk strategy to go full dirty as you could get a DQ, or score reduction from warnings. Or like Leon said, some of that risk could be in the form of dirty moves hitting back on you right away.

• Upvote 3

This idea sounds very fun and impossible to happen :D

I did consider that it should not be a major change to add as it doesn't touch most of the existing fight engine logic. But you are probably referring to something else based on secret meetings we mere mortals only hear rumours and the occasional "leak" from.

• Upvote 1